User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Aug 2005, 02:51   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Killers

They rock. That is all. Oh and smile like you mean it.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 02:57   #2
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve
Re: The Killers

indeed, my fav band atm
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 03:25   #3
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
indeed, my fav band atm
At the moment?!?!?
Where have you people been!
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 03:36   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They are indeed Brilliant

All These Things That Ive Done
Mr Brightside
Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll
Jenny
On Top

In that order. Theyve done other good stuff too.

Brilliant at T in the park, my only complaint would be the crowd. For everything else i saw the crowd was jumping. Despite the fact the killers put in an awesome performance, the crowd was pretty dead - but packed. Seemed like everyone wanted to see them, but no one wanted to sing and dance. Plastic atmospheres

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 08:32   #5
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Personally i like the track midnight show alot too
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 09:55   #6
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I love Mr Brightside
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 10:03   #7
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm not sure what to make of them, they are a little too popular for my tastes.

That said; their songs are somthing you can tap your feet to, they arn't terrible by any means.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 10:33   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Why should the popularity of a group change your opinion on them?!

If they make good music they make good music. Whether or not a lot of people buy their singles/albums is irrelevant.

The Killers are great. This years new music has been a bit disappointing after last years .
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 10:37   #9
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Why should the popularity of a group change your opinion on them?!
It doesn't, I was refering to the genre or style (as it seems to me).

I do like them, but not overly so.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 10:41   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like "Everything Will Be All Right" if that's who I'm thinking of, but they're a little too bland/medio-core for my current tastes.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 10:41   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Oh sorry, my bad.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 11:16   #12
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes they are ace, but I must second the motion of: where the hell have you been?! surely you must be living under a rock to have missed them so far...
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 12:22   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the killers are
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 12:43   #14
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I live in the US. THey haven't been that popular in the US (even though they are from Las Vegas). But I love their new wave roots.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 12:55   #15
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Killers are great.
We're having a great run of bands atm, killers/kaiserchiefs/scissorscistors/franzferdinand/bravery/etc. are all doing very well and it's good to see that we can produce more than the usually 'pop-manufactured' stuff of the last decade.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 12:57   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Killers

Never heard of them.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 13:05   #17
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I have heard of them at least. By name. I don't know any of their songs though

New bands confuse me, I can never remember which is which even though the styles are not similar. It took me almost a year to work out who was who out of The White Stripes, The Hives and that other band starting with The (not The The).

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 13:08   #18
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the vines?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 13:24   #19
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's Indie Rock and Roll for me
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 13:29   #20
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hm... just becoming popular in America is it? Is that why Mr. Brightside has a new flashy video when the original black and white one was far superior and more fitting to the song?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 13:48   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
Killers are great.
We're having a great run of bands atm, killers/kaiserchiefs/scissorscistors/franzferdinand/bravery/etc. are all doing very well and it's good to see that we can produce more than the usually 'pop-manufactured' stuff of the last decade.
Funny, I'd say all those bands were relatively uninspiring.

Yes, Franz Ferdinand are better than the Spice Girls, but that's setting the bar a little low.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 14:12   #22
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why have none of you mentioned Somebody Told Me?

Also: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...9&postcount=56
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 14:34   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Oh sorry, my bad.
No it isn't, if he doesn't say what he means then misinterpretation is his fault. He meant "popularist", not "popular".
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 14:36   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
Unless "we" means "humanity" or "the western world" you might want to check up on the nationalities of the bands.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 14:38   #25
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
No it isn't, if he doesn't say what he means then misinterpretation is his fault. He meant "popularist", not "popular".

Phew. Thats a big relief, i dont like making mistakes so i'm glad i didnt.

Last edited by JC; 1 Aug 2005 at 14:44.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 14:45   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Killers

Who needs contemporary music when the 80's were so good?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 14:46   #27
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson

Every single one of us.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 14:59   #28
Millions

Millions is infamous around these partsMillions is infamous around these parts

Quote:
MM, if you like New Wave, you will like some of their songs... their name comes from a scene in one of New Order's videos. Listen to 'smile like you mean it' and and 'mr brightside (single). It is New Wave with drums and...
Millions is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 15:03   #29
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Haha.

Music snobs make me giggle.

I love the whole "I used to like that band when they were like - UNKNOWN! - now everyone likes them and they're shit" - as if the talent of the band is less because more people appreciate the music.

Remember kids, "pop music" just stands for "popular music" - and for the most part, stuff becomes "popular" because it's good.

On topic, I love the Killers. My favourite track is Andy, You're a Star.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 15:05   #30
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
YOUR MOTHER
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 16:21   #31
Millions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Haha.

I love the whole "I used to like that band when they were like - UNKNOWN! - now everyone likes them and they're shit" - as if the talent of the band is less because more people appreciate the music.

Remember kids, "pop music" just stands for "popular music" - and for the most part, stuff becomes "popular" because it's good.

Well....there's more to it then that. Some music loses it's artistic credibility when a formulaic approach to creating it is used - nice looking performer - catchy tune with obligatory hook - lyrics styled to a demographic (by writers and editors) - then a glitzy marketing campaign. I don't like the idea of music that's like a can of pepsi - a product. I like self expression, style, talent, etc... not something made to look like it has these traits. Although not all popular music is engineered - Britney yes - The Smashing Pumpkins, The Killers I don't think so... (I hope not) :0
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 16:26   #32
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions
Well....there's more to it then that. Some music loses it's artistic credibility when a formulaic approach to creating it is used - nice looking performer - catchy tune with obligatory hook - lyrics styled to a demographic (by writers and editors) - then a glitzy marketing campaign. I don't like the idea of music that's like a can of pepsi - a product. I like self expression, style, talent, etc... not something made to look like it has these traits. Although not all popular music is engineered - Britney yes - The Smashing Pumpkins, The Killers I don't think so... (I hope not) :0
Thats almost entirely irrelevant to the point

in fact, scratch "almost"

anyway, im really not trying to follow you around and say nasty things to you. Especially since you appear to like SP. It is just working out like that

<3
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 16:27   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
He already explained that's not what he meant though.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 16:34   #34
relik
schmuck

relik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Haha.

To say that a band is shit simply because they've become popular is illogical (though some do follow this route [i.e. Weezer, but that's largely because Matt Sharp left the band and Rivers is a tool]). A lot of bands do noticeably change their sound as they become more popular in order to expedite their rise to fame, but just as many do not.

Conversely, band's live shows do tend to become shit as they become more popular. Small, intimate clubs are no longer able to sustain the crowds that they attract, so they move on to larger venues where the concert experience is far less 'special'. Ticket prices go through the roof, it becomes necessary to bring binoculars in order to see the band, 12-year old girls in the crowd scream, "Stop pushing!" when someone tries to start a moshpit, etc. In reference to concert experiences, popular bands tend to be shit.

On occassion, it is true that a band becomes popular simply due to superior songwriting and performing, but quite often this is not the case. Record companies tailor new musical groups in accordance with what they believe the public wants to see. They generally focus all of their advertising and promotions around one band in order to generate superstar-dom (record companies do pay radio stations to play specific artists), ignoring the potential of and often pissing off the other bands on the label (Epic loves to do this, hence Flickerstick, The Juliana Theory, etc. breaking their Epic contracts). Any true music addict will agree that the majority of what is played on the radio is not the best music out there today, but most people aren't music addicts and are content to listen to whatever the record companies feed them.

And yes, I enjoy The Killers too.
relik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 16:45   #35
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

you're about a year late to the party s|k
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 18:15   #36
Millions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
anyway, im really not trying to follow you around and say nasty things to you. Especially since you appear to like SP. It is just working out like that

<3
anyway, you referred to gay people as the f-word, so I don't really care what you think. It is just working out like that.

And my response was to Tomkat and 'popular' music. thx.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 18:36   #37
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
anyway, you referred to gay people as the f-word, so I don't really care what you think. It is just working out like that.
Well thats a reasonable assessment of character

you have me my good man, i submit
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 18:51   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:

And my response was to Tomkat and 'popular' music. thx.
Well, aren't you ignore-worthy.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 18:56   #39
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Heavy sigh. I feel very old when I read music threads. Someone made a joke about Brittany Whats-her-name. This was the only name I recognize aside from the posters. Even heavier sigh.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:11   #40
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I like the killers. I saw them live in November 2003, but I still like them. They have a couple of naff songs (Everything will be alright for example) but Mr Brightside and Somebody told me are great pop songs.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:24   #41
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by relik
Conversely, band's live shows do tend to become shit as they become more popular. Small, intimate clubs are no longer able to sustain the crowds that they attract, so they move on to larger venues where the concert experience is far less 'special'.
In general yes, although I don't see why bands are "forced" to go to the biggest venue they can, unless money is their primary motivator.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:29   #42
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
In general yes, although I don't see why bands are "forced" to go to the biggest venue they can, unless money is their primary motivator.
to raise their profile;so that all the people who want to see them can; and perhaps to stem the problems of touting?

all of these are fairly valid i would have thought.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:29   #43
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Agents may have something to do with that...
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:30   #44
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
to raise their profile;so that all the people who want to see them can; and perhaps to stem the problems of touting?

all of these are fairly valid i would have thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
In general yes, although I don't see why bands are "forced" to go to the biggest venue they can
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:33   #45
Millions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Well thats a reasonable assessment of character

you have me my good man, i submit
oh you belong to that school of thought that thinks one shouldnt judge a person's character by their actions
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:34   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
oh you belong to that school of thought that thinks one shouldnt judge a person's character by their actions
http://www.google.com/search?q=stati...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:35   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
No, he's of the school of thought that you shouldn't judge a man from a single off-the-cuff remark in a forum post.

Still, if you're going to be offended that easily you'll probably find lots of people here to ignore...

.... You faggot.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:35   #48
Millions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Well, aren't you ignore-worthy.
just out of curiosity why make this post
you want to let me know that you are ignoring me?
trying to start a trend?
are you mr sweet chav around here?
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:36   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Heh. The thought of MrL as a chav is most amusing.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 19:44   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
just out of curiosity why make this post
you want to let me know that you are ignoring me?
I was making a public statement of my belief that someone reading your posts would probably have a lower quality of life (using the UN Human Development Index) than someone who, at the same juncture, chose not to.

It wasn't a notification that I was ignoring you, because I don't put people on my ignore list. Merely that you were worthy of such an accolade should I choose to activate my right to its use.