User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 11 May 2012, 20:15   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
R46 Who Waz U Pal

Good news this round people!

I have had a word with every HC and for this thread and this thread only, it is okay to name and shame all the invalids that caused you to have a bad time, OR GOOD TIME, this round!!!

So let's start telling people the true story of YOUR round from YOUR perspective.

Rightio I'll start, I know there is a few ticks left and still a battle for 3rd but heyhoe

<@LDK> 6:1:8 (Xan) 'Barney' of 'The Dinosaur' Score: 3480481 (472) Value: 2492821 (530) Size: 1664 (102) XP: 16461 (157) Idle: 0

Alliance
: Apprime - didn't really launch too much in last couple weeks, I was top 15 launcher almost all round... (bear in mind lots are scannings do XP launches 24/7 etc)

Total Attack Fleets:
Total Defence Fleets:
Current Status:
Battle Commander

Fleet: It really doesn't matter what I paste here as It's been wiped out too many times xD. BUT basically it is banshee & razor then some wraith, and then only banshee after salvaging ships etc.

Contructions:
L 5
M 3
H 3
Dist 79
Amps 0
Refs 15 or so of each
FC's 60

I will explain the constuctions soon.

Incommings
Total Incomings Received: 171

Literally nothing.. I am used to 1k + rounds I had very little incs this round due to the fact I was in a heavy Xan gal... politics, and the fact I am an awesome guy at the DC so hard to roid.. Although CT managed to roid me effectively guessing all the fakes.. I swear it's something to do with greasemonkey still being installed on my browser and updating everytime I click through pa.. meeh perhaps they just guessed well!

PREROUND

Right.... This was going to be and probably will be my last "hardcore" round so I wanted to compete on a Galaxy level. Therefore I was thinking about making a galaxy of +6 people and use the exile system to make it work. I had kabebs (buddho) and Gary (GJN) with me, same as the previous round. I thought who the hell should I talk to.. So I had a couple coversations with good planet manages/gal players who I got along with... I firstly went to coolkat who expressed interest but we couldn't nail him now then I talked to flamez but he had to have supergans who wouldn't of been good enough

I probably spoke to a load more people but I forget, so I went to SantaCruz, good buddy from the VsN days.. Although I swear he is literally never online now.. working and not being able to 'IRC' from work must work!!!

Anyway to cut to the chase we brought a group of 7 together, Gary Kabebs CBA Cha SC tobbe LukeyLove and then someone added Plaguuu ( a random to me, think he ws rock, good player apparantly though)

THE BP was Gary Cha Kabebs & tobbe

*After shuffle landed Sonic who is also apparantly good player

Anyway I wanted to compete with smasher so there it was.

START OF ROUND

I realise smasher wasn't playing so there would be no dominate Galaxy.. this has been the case.. ( I think a couple mil in it at the moment!! exciting times) so i lost interest in gal fast

We tried to exile at pt 48 I think or 49 and two out of 4 got in leaving CBA & SC outside.. I landed in 6 1 rat fort.... at first i thought oh god.. but I soon (after chatting to dealer for 5mins <3) began to love the gal

16:05:26] <@LDK> Intel 6:1 - Score (10) Value (8) Size (6) - #1 neps [DFW] - #2 dealer [RAT] - #3 demand [RAT] - #4 extreme [xVx] - #5 lewis [FAG] - #6 [RAT] - #7 knight [RAT] - #8 cba - #9 Tizza [DFW] - #10 pathogen [Tid]

Erm where 6 = sardumber

Anyway the gal was rank #1 value and looked like being fun especially with all the early incs on rat..

My round went like this, mass fi, cover my gal m8s incs 1v5 and the attackers would have to recall.. incs almost every day so always grounding for gal... I did a lot of ingal dcing and we became quite a pain to roid... As stated CT did get the better of us

There is simply so much to talk about and I don't want to write an essay...

I joined apprime, and throughout the round I was kicked twice and kicked from #pwned, but with luck will finish round in apprime

Mid round was fckin fun Apprime kicked me for the second time pt600 or so and told other alliances and I received 54 incommings hostile fleets in 3 hours, all being covered by my galaxy <3 Although this was owed to me after constantly defending them!! My planet was very active at this time.
Anyway I started faking with Benneh after he asked me to get dists etc.. I am not even sure if he got but my FI faked as CR ruled.. Thanks for rext and rext's pal who got his ghosts murdered, and to puppe for being gr8.. the ND'ers got faked plenty of times maumaumaumau

While we are on to galaxy let me just summarise each player
#1 neps - awesome guy, great def, always responds, listen to fleet build
#2 dealer - good guy, gr8 pal, didn't come on the one time i needed him :P
#3 demand - hmm where did he go?
#4 extreme - awful player - nice guy
#5 lewis - fang core etc, avg player, like psi, let's fleets get 100% controlled by the queen bee irvine - nice guy!
#6 Sardumber - decent when around - where did he go?
#7 Knight - UmmmMmmmMm not the best galaxy player at all.. however awsome planet manager.. on when required
#8 CBA - awesome
#9 Tizza - I saved him like 10 times from being roided lol... couldnt get on at times but was good guy, nice guy
#10 Pathogen - decent not great

aaaa and thanks to sprally for donating to fund b4 quitting, i love you man!! xD

Special thanks

To all of Apprime for putting up with me all round.. Although most were busy:
LDK- <@carDi> iam watching atm <@carDi> lith got talent <@carDi> ;] <@Cronix> lol <@carDi> on tv <@Inf|g0ne> they show who can steal carradio fastest? (1 more quotes match this search)

To Yoshi for being good teamup on first night:
-LDK- <CBA|HoN> tt -1 or not? <CBA|HoN> i got tt-1 <Yoshika> no tt <Yoshika> yet <Yoshika> I have jump gate (2 more quotes match this search)

To Yoshi inspirational quotes all round and a good cheer me up if I was bored at work etc
-LDK- <@Yoshika> Yes the reason my English is so shit i am dlesiex
<@LDK> @Yoshi • I never Nelito i know whats i said so stfu i told u barc would win as well listen to me and you go far in life.

To cain for being so inactive i got to run apprime's pr
-LDK- <@CBA> i sold some apprime merchants <@CBA> to motti <@CBA> a tshirt <@CBA> with a pic of cains gf <@CBA> with the apprime logo on <@CBA> motti paid $25 <@Henrik> u sure it was a t-shirt not a tent? (31 more quotes match this search)

To cha for being so emotional it hurt my stomach the amount of laughter he caused!!

To Williams for being an absolute tool entertaining me in #newdawn all round! the bans the kicks all did their justice when I roided him and his gal m8.. A tick before he said all was covered but we killed massive ND value and a fake landed on the other NewDawn in his gal.

To Ronin for actually being quite awesome

To Stojke for being awesome and getting me back in apprime by giving cardi his seal of approval

To nelito for actually making me seem like a decent recruit in comparison to him

AND finally to my mum who has had to put up with a lot of abuse because apparantly " I get aggresive when I play games online"

My sisters / my friends /my family/ the UK and lithuania thanks for your continued support

I hope one day to replicate more of the same

Rate, Hate, Let's mate?

Post away minions

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 20:58   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R46 Who Waz U Pal

[21:19] -[FAnG]FAnG- 5:4:10 (Etd) 'Legendary Gold Mine' of 'The Lost Dutchman' Score: 7220208 (70) Value: 6398388 (68) Size: 1384 (173) XP: 13697 (279) Idle: 1

Alliance
: FAnG
Battlegroup: Enterprise Adds, Winy, Jpep, Lpep, Rebel, Howzat, Fighters, Adds, IsNoGood, Alch, Skydivenaked, Anakyn, mPulse

Total Attacks: 77
Total Defences: 60
Total Launches: 137

Fleet:
Ships (1,232,099 total) (Ship Analysis) [Hide]
Thor 2,161 Titan 2,134
Cyclops 110 Banshee 140,128
Razor 27,929 Dagger 822
Vindicator 68,294 Tycoon 309,460
Voyager 206,959 Guardian 172,070
Juggernaut 254,809 Vsharrak 5,318
Tempest 36,497 Rambler 1,510
Vulture 2,000 Baliff 1,898

Contructions:
L 3
M 4
H 4
Dist 1
Amps 33
Refs 29 or so of each
FC's 60

I will explain the constuctions soon.

Incommings
Total Incomings Received: 197

Galaxy

Great gal.
Wattee was especialy great fun.
Special thanks to Pepsi for saving my ass all the time.

#1 DeadMan NewDawn
#2 Sjargord Ultores
#3 Winy FAnG
#4 Hunta DFWTK
#5 Pepsi xVx
#6 RexDrax TGV
#7 Wolf CT
#8 Hevonen Ultores
#9 Wattee Ultores
#10 B-Butch3r FAnG
#11 Hippo TGV

Special thanks

Adds, Winy, Jpep, Lpep, Rebel, Howzat, Fighters, Adds, IsNoGood, Alch, Skydivenaked, Anakyn, mPulse, Masta_Mark, Patteh, Irvine

now im as cool as CBA

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 23:16   #3
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

You are: Sine Virtus (2:3:1) Xan
Size: 2,146 49
Value: 6,613,847 62
Score: 7,132,547 71
XP: 8,645 503

HISTORY OF INCOMING FLEETS
LAUNCH TICK MISSION SENT FROM LAND TICK
239 Defend 2:3:3 243 <-----------------
TOTAL INCOMINGS RECEIVED: 1

Banshee 1,100,000 Razor 1,287,975
Ghost 60,000 Wraith 208,014
Dagger 20,000 Vampyre 4,000
Haunt 2,000

last 26 ticks of round i dropped value over 3 battles: -462k, -201k and -534k defending, so overall happy with endrank after my most inactive round in my pa history. (haters gonna hate work!)

Gal ended 4th, wich is amazing concidering how active it appeared after tick 300.
Overall a good round for me and xvx i would say.

peace out!

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2012, 08:23   #4
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Total Attacks: 100
Total Defences: 94
Total Launches: 194

----

1st gal - 4th time in 6 rnds
rank 12th
--------------------------

once again way too much time spent compared to how little it actually brings to the table

Insanely lame stats this round, made attacking stupid and simply not present. (shoot whoever did them - canīt rememebr who it was?)

In general a semi fun round
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2012, 08:35   #5
ua1

ua1 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are: Hartlepool (2:6:4) Zik
Size: 1,291 218
Value: 5,590,035 126
Score: 6,434,295 127
XP: 14,071 262

Attacks 44
Defence 75
Total Fleets Launched: 119

Phoenix 4,995 Interceptor 2,915
Locust 1,084 Cobra 2,126
Beetle 3,222 Weaver 684
Scarab 2,824 Termite 59
Banshee 4,222 Razor 195
Ghost 5,794 Shadow 11,298
Dagger 8,144 Vampyre 2,322
Haunt 969 Corsair 497,000
Enforcer 593,000 Thief 50,764
Rogue 4,515 Buccaneer 14,201
Hijacker 271,000 Pirate 73,000
Galleon 1,400 Privateer 1,150
Liberty 500

Shit rd never again

Best Rank 51st

Emo Count 20 atleast

Last edited by ua1; 12 May 2012 at 08:38. Reason: :)
ua1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2012, 07:58   #6
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

You are: Whatshisname (1:5:5) Cat
Size: 1,433 164
Value: 6,340,642 70
Score: 7,679,302 54
XP: 22,311 57

Alliance = CT

Unfortunately I lost most other data before Havoc but I can estimate some stuff.

Total Attacks: 135
Total Defences: 54
Total Launches: 189

Total Incomings Received: 387

Ships:
Locust 230k Cobra 320k
Scarab 260k Weaver 170k
Tarantula 160k Black Widow 75k
Ant 4k Termite 3k
Mammoth 1k

Government:
Nationalism (I wanted to start out rushing Cr but didnt wanna lose too much income for demo so picked this as compromise, big mistake. I shoulve picked corp).

Research:
EVERYTHING DONE (Nationalism is overkill as a cath in a defensive round)

Construction:
Factory = all 5x
Amps = 18
Dists = 23
Refs = 8/13/8
FC = 36
Res Lab = 8
Sec center = 1

Story of my round:

Just a few days before round start I found an e-mail from Nitros who asked me to join another round of PA (I havent played for 3 years before that). I was curious to see what was going on so I joined. I didnt have much time to organize stuff so I joined CT (Nitros is in CT thats why), I picked cath because I used to do well as a cath in previous rounds (also glancing at stats Scarabs seemed strong and cath Cr had good solo potential, Im a soloer tbh).

Picking cath was kind of a mistake but not so bad since scarab really was very strong. I made a few bigger mistakes next; I picked nationalism as a government and I went random. In previous rounds I always went demo for fast research because I like to get eta -4 and I scan early while being reasonably on schedule with cargo research. However, in this defensive round there was no worry about cargo, so the research bonus was a waste immediately after getting I scan. Random was a mistake because I ended in a shitty gal with 2 other CT member and didnt exile fast enough.

I landed in 3.7 and because people were on IRC I stayed. Pretty soon after Ultores started launching at our gal I noticed that things werent going to work out (no activity at night, several ppl crashing ingal etc). So I exiled twice in a row ending up in 1.5, because I started exiling late the exiles were getting expensive (I was ranked #2 at the time) so I decided to stay in this galaxy. It was active enough and there was a Fang BP, we were allied pretty closely with Fang at the time so I thought this would be a nice gal.....

At this time I was getting a lot of free lands with Cr, or Fr faked as Cr helping me maintain my #2 rank for a while despite getting roided by Ult for a tick. At tick 548 I dropped a rank with Ronin and Goku passing me, at that time I started regretting my race choice. Caths strength is normally the ability to solo attack, but this round I had to team. I teamed with Ronin and frn, Ronin as a (corp) zik gained value much faster than me and thus gained more roids. I started focussing on Scarab/Weaver/Cobra from this point onwards, since cath Cr were only good untill ghost started being abundant.

Big turn of events for me was Fangs "backstab", all though I could understand them being upset with CT it was pretty nasty to break a NAP on Friday at midnight. I had poker planned for that night, and I didnt feel like cancelling my plans for an online game, so I went (won $160 btw!). I got singled out because I was high rank (#3 at the time) and in a Fang fort. First ticks of inc there was a DC but he quit halfway during the second tick, finally covering only 1 wave on me (and launching a ton of defense on another wave that I ended up having to tell ppl to recall because it wasnt covered leading to a crash). Simply said, CT wasnt ready for this and we lost a lot that night. I lost 2k roids and dropped to #7.

The rest of the round I initiated back to 1k roids twice and joined team attacks with my Fr. I used the Cr/Co mainly for defense or for late night solo/retals. Because of the low roid count I dropped quite a few ranks stabilizing around #60~.

One thing Im pretty happy about this round is the low value loss attacking; I lost 20k CO 5k Fr and 4k Cr over the entire round. I guess one advantage of the teamups is having teammates who prevent you from landing scary calcs
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote