User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 20:01   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Looking back at uni

Today my father drove me to Manchester and back to collect the stuff that I didn't take when I moved back here (my parents house, although I doubt I'll be here longer than the summer, but that's another thread for another day). It seems a good moment to look back on my three years at university and attempt to take stock of what I acheived and to question which experiences will be enduring in my memory.

I'll start with the obvious, my degree, and academia in general. I did enjoy university when I went in (which, I estimate, was about 20% of the time, with the vast majority of those times in the first term, I tailed off attendance to virtually nothing in the other two terms in all three years). I may have failed, I'm unsure as of yet and I won't know until the 3rd of July, if I don't fail I'll get a 2:2. This is because I have failed one of my units, so may fail altogether, but in the other five units I got at least a 2:2 with a 2:1 in 3 of them. This is just guesswork as I never actually got any work back due to poor attendance, but I'm reasonably confident of these facts.
I can't honestly say I'm happy about this, but I'm not particularly surprised either, it's been the pattern in my academic career throughout my life that for most of it I do pretty well with minimum effort and I screw up a part of it exceedingly badly. We'll see.

Now, onto more important stuff, life skills. I've become far better at cooking and cleaning and generally keeping myself alive, as would be expected I suppose. These are the things that will be with me throughout my entire life and uni has to take credit for being the first part of my life where it happened. I've also matured rather a lot, but can't say too much about this because by several kinds of standards I imagine I would still be looked upon as rather immature.

Enduring memories. Whilst clearing out my room today and flailing for memories inside my head for great times there it became clear to me that virtually all of my best memories from that period have been while going out. Drugs of course played a huge part in this and if I were to give a list of my "top 10 nights out in my life" I'm reasonably sure that they would feature in at least eight of them. Of course I'm not going to do that though because such a list would be really gay. Just as a point of interest for anyone who cares, I had never taken drugs of any kind before I went to university.
I did also have many fantastic nights out drinking, mostly in the first term of the first year and the whole of the second year. I haven't yet been able to recapture the spirit of these adventures, and perhaps I never will. Still, I'm glad I did it; or, to put it another way, I'm glad to have been a part of something so very very good

Another stand out point of university life for me was the amount of time I could afford to spend sitting in my room doing nothing (i.e: internet, go, reading) and getting stoned were huge. I doubt I will ever have the oppurtunity to lead such a lazy life again, which is sort of sad. However, it's probably for the best as, at the end of the day, those sorts of days don't leave me with much to show for them.

There is of course much much more to my time at university than this, but I firmly believe that these things are what will stay with me longer than anything else. Whether this is good or bad remains to be seen, but right now I don't feel any remorse for having devoted my time there to, basically, hedonism.

So, this thread is for a) judging me, and b) your own versions of the above.

Have fun