User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 30 Apr 2014, 10:53   #201
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: R56 development thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Being able to get a challenge that is rewarding boost the activity on attacks.
You can look at ROCK R50, being the most offensive alliance, most likely due to the war with #1 alliance for big parts of the round.
Newbiebashing is boring and it does not do much for people that prefer wartarion.
Dude, Rock tried to fence their way through that round and didn't start hitting FAnG until they ganged up on you and took you apart completely within 72 ticks. The only thing i will give ROCK that round is that they continued to hit FAnG even when Apprime and TGV switched back to doing their own things, resp. taking apart Ultores and defending vs ND.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2014, 21:02   #202
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Dude, Rock tried to fence their way through that round and didn't start hitting FAnG until they ganged up on you and took you apart completely within 72 ticks. The only thing i will give ROCK that round is that they continued to hit FAnG even when Apprime and TGV switched back to doing their own things, resp. taking apart Ultores and defending vs ND.
Cant realy understand what you are actualy trying to communicate here.

Either its a flame of ROCK R50.

Or its a confirmination that war can unite people and increase activity on attacks.

Maybe you are disagreeing with my claim, buy get lost when you from my view try to discredit ROCK.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2014, 21:15   #203
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Cant realy understand what you are actualy trying to communicate here.

Either its a flame of ROCK R50.

Or its a confirmination that war can unite people and increase activity on attacks.

Maybe you are disagreeing with my claim, buy get lost when you from my view try to discredit ROCK.
Funny how it's either this or that, when i interpret what Influence wrote as neither of the two choises you put down.

And yet again it has nothing do to with activity... I don't see how attacks and activity is the same thing. Prelaunching 1 - 3 fleets pr night requires approximately 1 minute if you know what you are doing. (like most do) Does not require activity to send attacks, but DEFENCE is a completely different story. Specially for the europeans.

So what are you trying to communicate?
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2014, 21:28   #204
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Funny how it's either this or that, when i interpret what Influence wrote as neither of the two choises you put down.

And yet again it has nothing do to with activity... I don't see how attacks and activity is the same thing. Prelaunching 1 - 3 fleets pr night requires approximately 1 minute if you know what you are doing. (like most do) Does not require activity to send attacks, but DEFENCE is a completely different story. Specially for the europeans.

So what are you trying to communicate?
Defence is basef on general activity and commitment. Its harder to do something about this than booosting attack activity.
And attacking something with a general pupose about it normaly would boost attacking activity, wich is the biggest, if not the only part of the game where 2nd tier and bellow alliance can stand out from the other alliances in this cathegory

Unread 30 Apr 2014, 21:52   #205
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Stand out by being worse than top tier?
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2014, 22:11   #206
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Stand out by being worse than top tier?
Or by chance and luck win.

Unread 1 May 2014, 00:12   #207
SDN

SDN is an unknown quantity at this point

Spore is going for the record in most alliances with ingame naps?

They are now ingame allied with:

Bull
Faceless
FAnG
Immortals
Insomnia
NewDawn
RYB

Recent rounds:
Round 68 - #1 Gal Rank #6 planet
Round 67 - #1 Gal
Round 65 - Rank #3 Norsemen
Round 61 - Rank #37 Faceless
Round 60 - Rank #14 Ultores
Round 58 - Rank #35 Allieless xp play
Round 56 - Rank #14 Vikings
Round 54 - Rank #5 Vikings
SDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2014, 05:05   #208
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDN View Post
Spore is going for the record in most alliances with ingame naps?

They are now ingame allied with:

Bull
Faceless
FAnG
Immortals
Insomnia
NewDawn
RYB
Two of which in that list are not actual alliances.

Additionally, it is hardly like your own alliances does not have as many agreements with "proper" alliances either. (With CT/Ultores/Apprime/HR/Newdawn as I recall).

Noone should really be throwing stones in glass houses...

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2014, 07:22   #209
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
Two of which in that list are not actual alliances.

Additionally, it is hardly like your own alliances does not have as many agreements with "proper" alliances either. (With CT/Ultores/Apprime/HR/Newdawn as I recall).

Noone should really be throwing stones in glass houses...
apart from the fact that HR are on Spores side, and newdawn aren't a participant with ct app and ult, and up until recently you could have added vikings to that list
Unread 1 May 2014, 07:58   #210
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
apart from the fact that HR are on Spores side, and newdawn aren't a participant with ct app and ult, and up until recently you could have added vikings to that list
We weren't talking about blocks or sides. The comment was about the number of agreements with emphasis placed on Spore. Just pointing out that Spore is hardly the only alliance with as many (if not more) agreements.

Just because I have chosen to ingame rather than enforce out of game is irrelevant.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2014, 15:19   #211
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

HR hit spore last night or 2 nights ago didnt they?
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2014, 18:07   #212
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

From when they, on spore's request(?), ended their nap with ult and started hitting ult forts(the same night as vikings first napped spore ingame). Thats my guess..

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2014, 19:22   #213
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

HR is on Viks side. HR hitting spore now.

Just saying
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2014, 16:43   #214
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone care to commentate on spore and vikings roid loss?
Unread 2 May 2014, 16:50   #215
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Anyone care to commentate on spore and vikings roid loss?
The viks block keeps hitting Spore, and the spore block is lol waving vikings planet.

Unread 3 May 2014, 09:14   #216
SDN

Whats funny is that the Spore block has most support.

FAnG/Faceless/Insomnia/Immortals is hitting viks, and the last 2-3 days even Heroes has been lolwaving viks.

Newdawn hit`s HR who is trying to give Spore a run for their money.
You can`t effectivly fight #1 when you have 5-6 alliances in Forest pocket.

Spore even have time to roid big planets, they sent 15mil Co at me yesterday
*i was flattered

Recent rounds:
Round 67 - #1 Gal
Unread 3 May 2014, 09:20   #217
SnowSeal

SnowSeal has a spectacular aura aboutSnowSeal has a spectacular aura about

What's also funny is that you make things up.

Vikings is the alliance that received least amount of incoming through out the round of all alliances. I also highly doubt you receive the amount of incoming Spore is currently facing.
SnowSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 09:37   #218
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSeal View Post
What's also funny is that you make things up.

Vikings is the alliance that received least amount of incoming through out the round of all alliances. I also highly doubt you receive the amount of incoming Spore is currently facing.
Are you seriously trying to make out that Spore has had more regular incs than Vikings??

You guys have napped half the uni all round, having 2 3 days periods of proper incs and 46 of **** all does make you hard done by.

Please tell me how you got this info about incommings before round has ended, I'm interested.

Finally you have been 1st for 80% of the round, you have been a main hand one of the biggest round stagnations of recent times and currently have 5 of the t10 allies on your team, are you are whining about the amount of incs you are getting? Wow is all I can say, you can talk about incs when you have had all the top 10 against you like the actual big alliances of the last 20 rounds, until then please hush
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 09:55   #219
SnowSeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Rant
I'm not complaining at all.

Here are some numbers:

Vikings support with value:
CT: 204,834,741
Ultores: 205,662,710
HR: 165,514,963
Apprime: 72,428,218

Spore support with value:
Fang: 166,398,405
Faceless: 140,421,189
Immortals: 94,903,183
Insomnia: 82,078,172

You would think Vikings would be able to cover their incoming while Spore is under constant attack from the ranked 2 till 5 alliances. Instead Vikings is crashing their fleet left and right.

So yea, when SDN starts complaining that Vikings isn't able to cope a day raid on him without facts I prefer to correct him.
Unread 3 May 2014, 11:04   #220
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

So there is a 100 mill value difference when you add in Spore and Vikings.

You still haven't said where your incomming figures are from and please could you enlighten me to how many days this round Spore have had big incs (for a full tag I would put that at 200+)

And as you are so full of stats and facts can we have incommings from each of your aggressors broken down into alliance by alliance for the last 4 days.
Unread 3 May 2014, 11:09   #221
SnowSeal

No thanks, that sounds like wasting time. Appoco will provide those after the round anyway.
Unread 3 May 2014, 11:09   #222
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
So there is a 100 mill value difference when you add in Spore and Vikings.

You still haven't said where your incomming figures are from and please could you enlighten me to how many days this round Spore have had big incs (for a full tag I would put that at 200+)

And as you are so full of stats and facts can we have incommings from each of your aggressors broken down into alliance by alliance for the last 4 days.
Nope.
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 11:09   #223
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's all about the crashes / fleetcatches rather than the politics or who has what flak at this point. In a war to decide the end result, you just get whoever you can and that's all there is to it. With regular roid loss of 7%+, Spore are probably receiving the most fleets in the universe at the moment, but really the score gap and protecting their fleets is all they need to worry about. Their politics don't appear to have changed much from last round, they just look to be playing a lot better.
Unread 3 May 2014, 11:52   #224
SDN

I think you missed out he point we are under attack by 4 other alliances excluded yours, i dont think there`s much difference to the incs vikings and spore is facing atm.

The difference is that vikings cover all incs we can, while Spore covers all their top20 planets and leave the rest to die.

Im not complaining at all tho, we knew what we were getting into.
I find it funny, but im able to sleep at nights

Recent rounds:
Round 67 - #1 Gal
Unread 3 May 2014, 12:16   #225
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDN View Post
I think you missed out he point we are under attack by 4 other alliances excluded yours, i dont think there`s much difference to the incs vikings and spore is facing atm.

The difference is that vikings cover all incs we can, while Spore covers all their top20 planets and leave the rest to die.

Im not complaining at all tho, we knew what we were getting into.
I find it funny, but im able to sleep at nights
Spore are just playing for time, and stopping Vikings from making XP gains and catching up. As you would when you have a lead. This is just tactics as much as it is probably quite grim for the guys getting roided, but my advice to them would be to look at the numbers. A quick look on KIA shows one alliance keeping their discipline by and large, and one that isn't.

Last edited by lokken; 3 May 2014 at 12:22.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 12:25   #226
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
I heard a spore member saying they've had 4-500 fleets per day since vikings started hitting them. I must say thats pretty impressive for 265'ish planets hitting them, especially when those allies has little to play for other than a t3 planet.

Edit; that number obviously includes inactives, scanners, def planets and whatnot. I guess 200 is a more realistic number, and probably in the high end still.

* We do not exist *

Unread 3 May 2014, 13:33   #227
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

inc numbers are irrelevant at this stage of the game with the huge lead that spore has
Unread 3 May 2014, 14:06   #228
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

yeah. shame the universe didnt gang up on spore two weeks earlier, then it would have been interesting
Unread 3 May 2014, 14:13   #229
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

The alliances attacking vikings are pathetic.

Unread 3 May 2014, 14:21   #230
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The alliances attacking vikings are pathetic.
On the other hand their SKs use didn't do them any favours.
Unread 3 May 2014, 14:29   #231
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
I heard a spore member saying they've had 4-500 fleets per day since vikings started hitting them. I must say thats pretty impressive for 265'ish planets hitting them, especially when those allies has little to play for other than a t3 planet.

Edit; that number obviously includes inactives, scanners, def planets and whatnot. I guess 200 is a more realistic number, and probably in the high end still.
Yeah 400 sounds excessive in this universe, that's like a 1/3rd of ALL fleets from players in a 15+ alliance aimed at Spore. More likely is 150-200 which with their base value means not that vast an amount of waves, as I would imagine 90% of attackers need a 3 man team to get a landing chance on Spore.

Snowseal so basically you spouted some shit about Spore for sympathy and got called on it and now can't back up your claims, bravo

Butcher you can hardly shout about how pathetic it is when your alliance is one of those helping spore!!!!
Unread 3 May 2014, 14:35   #232
SnowSeal

Please read DrunkeVikings post again.

It wasn't me who said that. Spore received an average about 350 fleets incoming the past days. Feel free to add the amount of Vikings incomings towards this discussion, im actually intrested.
Unread 3 May 2014, 14:37   #233
Blue_Esper

i highly doubt that, ultores are only managing 70 fleets per night on a good day, are you counting launch recalls in your fleet incs?
Unread 3 May 2014, 14:44   #234
SnowSeal

Yes, im basicly counting like Appoco would in his end of round stats.
Unread 3 May 2014, 15:08   #235
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

To compare inc stats this round is meaningless. Most of the time Vikings and Spore were free of hard incomes or with mainly the ones both choose to war. Only now at round ends one is leaking roids and the other is leaking value.
Comparing values of the alliances in each block is not completely fair either as the ones in Spore block are willing to sacrifice their value just to kill/roid Vikings.
Unread 3 May 2014, 16:51   #236
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

I'm sorry, I have to throw my 2 cents in, cause this thread has me lol'ing.

1) When round ends, Spore will have endured 2 long weeks of solid, sometimes up to 300+ incs a day, and already I see people trying to lay out their arguments for why Spore is still undeserving.

2) Someone also mentioned (not the first, might I add) that Spore should have been hit 2 weeks earlier. Are we, as a community, really so jaded, that we want to see more then half the round spent with half the uni trying to gank the #1?

3) and finally, has the community really gotten so bad, that it speaks of alliances with the #1 in a time of war, such as now, as bad? Most of this thread essentially seems to be a gripe about stagnation, which was fixed 1 week ago, but that didnt satisfy anyone, and now the moaning and bitching is all about "Zomg Spore has an ally" lol!

It really does seem as if noone would be satisfied unless spore just rolled over and died. Or at least they'd be satisfied until they realized there was a new #1, and that all their efforts, regardless, will never end in a tie. There will always be a #1.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 17:26   #237
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
3) and finally, has the community really gotten so bad, that it speaks of alliances with the #1 in a time of war, such as now, as bad? Most of this thread essentially seems to be a gripe about stagnation, which was fixed 1 week ago, but that didnt satisfy anyone, and now the moaning and bitching is all about "Zomg Spore has an ally" lol!
May i ask how exactly the stagnation was fixed? Because Vikings dropping the NAP might have made things for top planet a bit more interesting but other than that not really anything ever was in danger of being contended. Nor would it ever have done if Faceless/FAnG/Insomnia/Immortals weren't sacrificing themselfs against Vikings. Like i told your alliance leaders before, Vikings dropping the NAP had nothing to do with us going for #1. If we dropped and skipped out on our agreement for #1, we would have done it before hitting Ultores.
Tbh, Spore deserve the win this round, you obviously played the best politics and have the best group together. At no point in this round have Vikings been a real contender and anyone claiming Vikings HC even had that intention at the start of the round is mental if you ask me. I'll get into this all some more after this round is fully done and overwith (like PATeam should have ensured was last night if you ask me).

Unread 3 May 2014, 17:39   #238
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSeal View Post

You would think Vikings would be able to cover their incoming while Spore is under constant attack from the ranked 2 till 5 alliances. Instead Vikings is crashing their fleet left and right.
Even though I'm not taking a huge interest in this round, I feel I must correct your statement.

Vikings are not crashing, they are being fleetcaught per a member, a day by 3 alliances. These alliances specifically ground just to fleetcatch. They use FR (where anti-FR is Vikings' biggest flaw).

Not a bad tactic, kill off 1m+ value per day, but it's also playing dirty. But this is a war game after all.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 20:03   #239
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Even though I'm not taking a huge interest in this round, I feel I must correct your statement.

Vikings are not crashing, they are being fleetcaught per a member, a day by 3 alliances. These alliances specifically ground just to fleetcatch. They use FR (where anti-FR is Vikings' biggest flaw).

Not a bad tactic, kill off 1m+ value per day, but it's also playing dirty. But this is a war game after all.
You reap what you sow. Nothing dirty about payback
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 20:18   #240
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

For the record, about incoming numbers, I personally count the incoming fleets on spore every day.
Since we have been hit by vikings and company, at 1000 gametime the lowest incoming we have had has been 270 and the most 350. That does NOT include fresh launches after 1000 gametime.

When you consider that Ult and CT launch wave after wave after the main raids, that is not such an unachievable target as some here would have us believe
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 21:36   #241
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

2) Someone also mentioned (not the first, might I add) that Spore should have been hit 2 weeks earlier. Are we, as a community, really so jaded, that we want to see more then half the round spent with half the uni trying to gank the #1?

This always has been the way back in the days, so why wouldnt people ask for this? I've been Asc in rounds where I would have given up DCing after the second wave showed up, seeing so many fleets. Somehow the DCs back then covered it all up some way or the other.

Quite frankly, I couldnt care less what all you top alliances do, most of the people who made this game fun/challenging and what not left by now and this is why the game stagnates. Not enough talented players to fill up 3-4 tags who will run for round wins every round. The veterans who are still left cant bring up the motivation anymore and its always the same excuses for tags, they are always rebuilding or something.

Fact of the matter is that if the #2 is napping the #1 alliance, it does hurt the possibilities for fluctuations within that round. Im not saying its good or bad, but it is limiting at the very least. And Im not pointing fingers, once again, I couldnt care less. Im playing in HEROES for a reason. I cant be bothered anymore, but I found it funny that you said the above while it was basicly the norm back in the days when you were the #1. alliance.

HEROES
Pt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 22:44   #242
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
May i ask how exactly the stagnation was fixed?

Well, everyone was complaining that #2 wasnt hitting #1, but insteaf hitting smaller alliances, and that #1 wasn't hitting #2, but was hitting smaller alliances, and so now everone was not really going anywhere. Now, #2 is hitting #1, as well as throwing 4 other alliances against it, and #1 is hitting #2, and throwing 4 alliances against it, and so instead of stagnation, we just basically have a 2 sided all out war. CT and Ult get tons of free roids with hardly an inc from what I have heard, and few alliances on the spore side appear to be doing the same. I see lots of roids flowing and battles raging, which to me is opposite of stagnation.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 23:28   #243
coolkat

coolkat is an unknown quantity at this point

playing dirty is what I did with sc's mom, in the mud pit.... if u cant stop 1 ally with 20 less members than u... then gg spore..... I know we may look like 3 allies when were killing your fleets.... but I assure you its just us
coolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 23:37   #244
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkat View Post
playing dirty is what I did with sc's mom, in the mud pit.... if u cant stop 1 ally with 20 less members than u... then gg spore..... I know we may look like 3 allies when were killing your fleets.... but I assure you its just us
And I assure you that it is not just Faceless. Fleetcatches consists of around 30+ fleets on a typical day.

As far as I'm aware, it is Faceless/Immortals/Spore/Heroes, and I have already stated that anti-FR is Vikings' flaw.

And to reference on your sarcastic comment of playing dirty, I wasn't complaining, because we SK'd you + FAnG into oblivion anyway. I was just pointing out some facts.

Last edited by Clouds; 3 May 2014 at 23:42.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2014, 23:41   #245
WillyNilly

WillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the rough

A question for Vikings. If you arent going for #1 as Influence said then why break nap with Spore? You guys were doing great and could have had an easy last few weeks. If not going for #1 then what was the point in attacking your best ally of the round?
WillyNilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2014, 01:36   #246
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyNilly View Post
A question for Vikings. If you arent going for #1 as Influence said then why break nap with Spore? You guys were doing great and could have had an easy last few weeks. If not going for #1 then what was the point in attacking your best ally of the round?
Because all Viking HC's felt Spore played a number on us when they got us to make peace with the 2 enemies who had been consistantly warring us, despite several attempts to de-escalate the situation from our end. At first we were made to believe the peace involved both our 2 enemies hitting Spores main enemy, but soon it turned out that at least 1 of the alliances wasn't willing to do so.
When Spore didn't seem willing to protect Vikings' interests in helping one of our allies to remain safe from said alliance and a certain Spore HC felt he could dictate Vikings grounding status it became progressively clear we were nothing but lapdogs to Spore. And as such we felt the need to re-gain control of our own politics and as such broke away from Spore. I spent 2 hours explaining this to Spore HC's but it was disregarded (as imho all our wishes were) by them.

Vikings were indeed the first to open hostilities towards Spore due to one of our BG's that sent out the wrong targets (meant to hit 6:5:4 and sent out the coords 6:6:5 for some reason). Had Spore come to us about this we would have gotten all fleets recalled as it really wasn't our intention to break the 48h cooldown. Spore instead decided to act all big and brave by sending 2 lolwaves out to someone that defended against their retals, and then bully the defender along with it. Which, tbh, from their end i can understand, as they were sure we had backstabbed them solely for the win.

As for the FC's on Vikings. They have definitely not just been Faceless. Sure Faceless started with them but later on whatever free FR fleets from Spore/FAnG/Insomnia joined them. As for Faceless FC'ing us, I personally would have done the same in their situation. Vikings hit them hard throught this round as a result of last rounds grudges, and Faceless suffered for it. We intentionally broke our fort agreement during the cooldown with Spore, again over grudges from both last round as well as some lanky politics on their side this round.

If Vikings breaking away from Spore was solely for #1 we would have done a lot of things differently. Not only would we never have hit Ultores to help Spore out, but we would never have made any peace with Faceless/FAnG. We would never have engaged in a full official NAP with HR to get HR to stop hitting Spore. If it was just to go after #1 I would not have spent 2 hours explaining to Zhil why we were ending our agreement and we would have just broken our agreement at midnight to hit Spore straight away.
Did we never think about possibly going for #1? Nah, I am 100% certain we made a lot of decisions this round to bring us in the best possible position to go for #1. But the simple fact is we just weren't good enough this round. We have had issues on all aspects of the game from the start if you ask me.

P.S. Where is the piggybank? I feel I owe it a couple of cents.

Last edited by Influence; 4 May 2014 at 01:42.
Unread 4 May 2014, 03:07   #247
coolkat

coolkat is an unknown quantity at this point

they thought they could backstab spore to take first place..duh
coolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2014, 10:51   #248
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:

1) When round ends, Spore will have endured 2 long weeks of solid, sometimes up to 300+ incs a day, and already I see people trying to lay out their arguments for why Spore is still undeserving.
I don't think anyone has called spore undeserving...
Quote:
It's pretty obvious(to me) that spore should have been hit earlier, there is no point now when noone have a shot at catching up. Thats the idea of PA isn't it? Either maintain a lead or try to catch up with the lead?
Quote:

It really does seem as if noone would be satisfied unless spore just rolled over and died. Or at least they'd be satisfied until they realized there was a new #1, and that all their efforts, regardless, will never end in a tie. There will always be a #1.
The round is still stagnated in terms of allyranks, but at least now people are able to play for planetranks(even if that too is a battle inbetween 9:8)

There will always be a #1, correct. It's just a tad boring when allyrank is settled before PT300. I do not expect spore members to feel that as boring, they've been winning all round and winning feels good.

* We do not exist *

Unread 4 May 2014, 14:34   #249
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Most allies(FL, FAnG, Viks) that ruined this round will suffer for this next round. Either they will disband, or be out of the race for #1

Unread 4 May 2014, 15:41   #250
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: R56 development thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
For the record, about incoming numbers, I personally count the incoming fleets on spore every day.
Since we have been hit by vikings and company, at 1000 gametime the lowest incoming we have had has been 270 and the most 350. That does NOT include fresh launches after 1000 gametime.

When you consider that Ult and CT launch wave after wave after the main raids, that is not such an unachievable target as some here would have us believe
I was, and possibly still am, the #2 most hostile planet to Spore. Trust Forest on this, 270-350 is a believable amount

Most of these were covered too, only slipped through a few times. Gotta congratulate Spore with a round well played. I've very much enjoyed the last few weeks of open war and Spore are deserving winners. Round was a bit stale before that, but anyone caught in this conflict is probably not bored at the moment. Even without being able to win, we're giving Spore a decent fight and they need to work for their win, which I believe was some alliances' main reason for the war.