User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Oct 2003, 00:41   #1
SeeN

SeeN is an unknown quantity at this point
Covert Op: Bugged or what?

My planet has far over the 13% security centers needed for 35% alert level bonus AND has Security as priority 1.

Still I get ripped 5-10 times a day, loosing loads of ressources almost every time, and not intercepting agents a single time!

Because of the limited production que I cant use ressources as soon as I get them, so all I can do is sit and watch my ressources disappear.

Something should really be done to the covert op calc, this cant be right!
SeeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 01:05   #2
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Re: Covert Op: Bugged or what?

Not exactly the first time this has been brought up..(more like the gazillionth)..save your steam until the suggestions-forum open up instead maybe.
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 01:09   #3
SeeN

SeeN is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh....
So many threads, so little time...

Asked this question at CH and I know of at least 3 others who did the same, but the guy in charge of asking questions found it more important to post questions with lousy jokes instead of questions who actually regarded game play.

His choice I guess....
SeeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 01:19   #4
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Probably cause the suggestionforum will be opened soon..or hopefully atleast :|
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 02:09   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Covert Op: Bugged or what?

Is it too early to say: 'Everything will be fixed in R11!'?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 09:02   #6
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Put your production on priority one, and you can order ships virtually every tick
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 09:32   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Gerbie rocks .
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 09:33   #8
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough

I was great at doing CH!
Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 11:16   #9
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I dont see a r11 tbh.
Atm there is lots of power and lots of "things will improve" statements. in the end its down to how many ppl still believe in those predictions after 11 rounds of spinnerisms (-;
My prediction is if there is a r11 and if its p2p around 10 euro - the playerbase will be 1k.
Ppl got too often ****ed over by pa to fall for the "trick" again and most alliances already feel the strain of loseing members for good. Take virus and other alliances just calling it a day and most of their members leaving into rl. PD is halfly filled with "i quit" threads nowadays so i dont see a change there aswell, especially if now a complete workaround starts for a totally different r11 it has only 1 month deadline and 1 month downtime to happen. Because if the game is down longer between r10 and a possible r11 noone will come back as ppl found other projects / games to waste their freetime on. Especially freegames - hint ********. Atleast there you can say "atleast i didnt pay" if your planet goes kawoom ;o)

-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 13:17   #10
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Put your production on priority one, and you can order ships virtually every tick
I'm zik and used to have security as 2nd/3rd priority, now I just have production as 3rd and I make ships in 7 ticks so mostly I spend up and at worst have 2 ticks of cash briefly.

Stealing with upto 10 agents almost always works regardless of what you do so long as you only get hit once a tick. Get hit more often and your alert level go up and those covert ops start failing.

Security precautions basically stop the bigger stuff. 30 agents to kill an amp & deflector or 40 to zap a building are almost impossible with decent security settings. It looks like the intent is to stop this kindof ting more than petty theft.

Where I think it all went wrong is that potentially you can steal too much (it should be capped at 5-10x instead of 1 agent being able to steal hundreds of K) and actually the bigger stuff should be easier and more effective. 20 agents for 1 roid is stupid but if it was even say .5% (1/200 so 10-15 for the top ppl atm) it would be useful but difficult.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 13:20   #11
Lanceman
milchjiper

Lanceman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
From Portal:
"
Welcome to the new Planetarion Passport

This system will be growing rapidly over the next week

or so, so please bear with us. The Passport Team
"

hohoho etc.