User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Feb 2003, 05:59   #1
a.k.a.duvius

Smile Good to Be Back

Hey everyone, it's been awhile. i played back in the day of round 2 i believe it was. good 2 years ago. that was back when there weren't that many people in the game and they were just starting to talk about going into two different galaxies. needless to say, im back. doubt that anyone would know me, the chances aren't great, but my names from back in the day were:

Grand Marquee
Charles in Charge

I think those were the only ones i ever had. well, im looking forward to starting up again. i wish i could just start in, but seeing that ticks on round 9 haven't started, then i'll have to wait. then again, i get to start along with everyone else, so it's not so bad. if anyone wants me in an alliance or anything, be good to here from ya. later. (wow, really good to get back into this!!)
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 06:20   #2
a.k.a.duvius

after spending a good hour of online time, of trying to catch up to what's going on, here are my questions?

You have to pay? (not too sure on that one)
If you do, then why did this happen?
The game has gone downhill or no?
What is SMS?
The owners of the game/ creators aren't the same?
Who runs the game?

I'm very interested in hearing what people have to say. i would prefer to hear from people who have been around since the beginning. thanks.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 06:39   #3
Synthesis
RaaHHH!!!!

Synthesis is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Welcome Back =)

You have to pay? (not too sure on that one) Yes and no, there might be free accounts aswell.
If you do, then why did this happen? Cause they needed to make money to maintain the servers.
The game has gone downhill or no? Kinda, but it is still addictive as it always was.
What is SMS? Short Message Service, used to send text messages accross mobile phones
The owners of the game/ creators aren't the same? No
Who runs the game? The owners ofcourse =P they bought it.
Synthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 07:33   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Jolt (jolt.co.uk) 'runs' the game, Spinner is gone, Zeus is gone, Oreo is gone, Fudge is gone, Vish is gone. HEY, but SimTech is here.

The game has gone downhill in what comes to amount of players, but probably uphill what comes to game development (there's four races nowadays, not just war or science \o/).

Enjoy the ride.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 08:53   #5
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Good to Be Back

Quote:
Originally posted by a.k.a.duvius
that was back when there weren't that many people in the game and they were just starting to talk about going into two different galaxies.
I think you might be a little shocked by the current player base.

Welcome back though, it's good to see old players returning.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 12:51   #6
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Spinner is gone, Zeus is gone, Oreo is gone, Fudge is gone, Vish is gone.
Spinner is still here
Fudge is still here
Oreo left at the start of R8
Zeus left after bringing PA back from the brink after R8
Vish left ages ago (start of R6 wasn't it?)

New Creators:
Prince
Kloopy

Quote:
Originally posted by a.k.a.duvius
You have to pay? (not too sure on that one)
If you do, then why did this happen?
The game has been p2p (pay 2 play) since Round 5 [September 2001] and as someone already pointed out it was because PA had massive debts and banner advertising was not getting enough money in to keep the game going.
Re: Round 9 - the prices haven't yet been announced. As soon as they are you can guarantee they will be found on the Portal
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:18   #7
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
i thought vish left in round 7... he hasn't been gone a full year now has he? (round 6 started last January or something...)
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 22:40   #8
a.k.a.duvius

hey thanks guys. it does sadden me that vish is gone. he always did seem to know what was going on and what should happen as far as the game is concerned, things like that i am glad that spinner is still here. that's good news. my guess is that many players left after they had to pay. it was such a great game, however, most players were against paying. as i am, i don't like to pay to play. the only game i would do that with is ultima online. besides, this isn't a game with visuals (or wasn't when i left in r2) thanks for the information. if it does still cost money this time, then i won't be playing i never had enough time to spend 7 hours a day on here. otherwise i may pay for it. that said, i'll be going now. i look forward to the announcement of whether you have to pay or not. i hope not. paying for this sucks!
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 03:05   #9
ScotWiZ

ScotWiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
vish owned.. zeus was a ****ing twat, spinner was ok cept he thought he was the ****.. wtf your a loser man oh aerere yea you have to pay since round 5.. **** that!
round 2: 22:14
round 3: 33:23 something
round 4: forgot
round 5: pay? you're kidding right?
ScotWiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 05:15   #10
a.k.a.duvius

Quote:
Originally posted by ScotWiZ
vish owned.. zeus was a ****ing twat, spinner was ok cept he thought he was the ****.. wtf your a loser man oh aerere yea you have to pay since round 5.. **** that!
wow, you're an intelligent one, aren't you??