User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:19   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
My luck with neighbours...

So, after moving out of my old home because somebody tried to fillet me, I moved to a nice new flat, in a semi-ok area, much better than the shithole I used to live in. Around 3 months later, a young couple moved into the flat next door, things with them have been fine, havent had any disputes with them or anything like that.

However, there is one problem, they're always arguing. Now, everybody argues, I dont mean arguing like my parents argue, I mean, they argue, and he slaps the absolute shit out of her. Its not like I want to get involved, after all the trouble I had with the last neighbours, all I want is a quiet life, however we share a wall... a very thin wall, and there are times when I can just hear him wailing on her and her screaming.

This is not the best situation I've ever been in, sure I could get involved, cause myself lots of problems by doing so, I could sit back and let it happen, something which doesnt sit well with me at all. If I knew her better, I'd suggest she has the sense to get the **** away from him, but I cant just go up to her and say 'I know whats going on, you should get out' - as well, shes extremely chavvy, and would probably tell me to **** off.

Advice please my GD brothers.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:22   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My luck with neighbours...

ring the police?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:28   #3
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Catch when shes on her own, ask her round for coffee, then tell us about it so we can say "you should have had more sex with her"
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:32   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

So what is exactly your problem? That you can hear them? Or that she gets beaten? Or that you feel you should do anything about her getting beaten while actually not giving a shit but just have that little thing called morals itching your arse?

If it's just the annoyance of their noise then just ring their door and ask them to be a bit more quiet.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:34   #5
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

maybe they're just into really kinky sex?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:37   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
So what is exactly your problem? That you can hear them? Or that she gets beaten? Or that you feel you should do anything about her getting beaten while actually not giving a shit but just have that little thing called morals itching your arse?

If it's just the annoyance of their noise then just ring their door and ask them to be a bit more quiet.
I called the police.

My problem is that she is getting beaten, my problem is that she is getting beaten badly, and I dont have the balls to get involved because of what happened with the last neighbours.

I'm angry with myself, angry at him for raising his fists to a girl, and angry at her for not having the sense to get out of it after the last time. She is just a kid, about 18 years old, and from the sound of it she took a pretty hefty smacking today.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:43   #7
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

next time he beats her up, play that prodigy song, as loud as possible.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:43   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I guess you can't do much more then calling the police. When something happens to me my first reaction here would be 'I'll be ringing that door and will tell that asshole to stop hitting her' But that will probably not happen and it's said that those victims always defend their wifebeater. Depending on his physical apearance I might even do that but if the ods are high it won't help and will only help me into trouble I wouldn't. I might try to have a chat with the girl if I met her accidentically somehow.

You recently called the police?
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:51   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

I called the police this morning.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 13:10   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd say morally you've done all that can be expected, unless you're going to go round and beat the shit out of him. The authorities are aware, the woman is seemingly intent on putting up with this, what business is it of yours?

Having said that, I'd personally try and speak to the woman and see what she says. But it's not your responsibility either way.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 13:27   #11
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the problem with these kinds of situations is that although you were lead to believe, by tv, that active involvement was the right thing its much more ****ed up in real life. You've told the police just leave it at that.

Theres as much if not more chance of her turning on you for critisizing him than for having a nirvana moment where she agrees with you and its all 'ok'*. Shes almost certainly with him by choice, you saying hes a ****tard is telling her shes stupid for being in a relationship with a ****tard. People don't like that. You have no moral responsibility to do anything else. Its a similar situation to couples arguing in the street at the weekend, just ****ing stay as far away as possible, i used to see men telling the bf in a particular situation to 'stop it' or 'calm down' when openly battering the gf, only for the ****ing ruudy chavs to both violently turn on the person who intervened. The gf would even have been screaming for help beforehand! The level of cynicism has reached the point where someone could get raped and the people walking around them would think it just another domestic.

* if you do go and confront her what do you expect her reaction to be? do you reallly think she'll calmly thank you, talk it over with a stranger and spill her soul?
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 13:41   #12
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

She probably wouldn't but you might create a 'bond' eventually wich could lead to more communication.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 13:57   #13
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

I think you've done what you were supposed to. Maybe you've understood things wrong, you can never know. The girl is propably with him because she wants to. Otherwise, it is a kidnap situation (I think so, at least), and by reporting to the police, you've done a thing that can't go wrong in both ways.

If you can comfort a tear, do so, but never agrieve someone innocent.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 14:01   #14
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

shame you can't contact her family... ideally she'd have some nasty thug brothers to solve your problem for you
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 15:19   #15
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lets hope he kicks her in the fanny so they cant possible breed more chavs

p.s. youve already done the right thing imo. dont get too invovled and just let the police deal with it. Yahwe might want to interject but im fairly sure that the law has been changed so that the police only need suspect abuse and they can act or somesuch.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 15:41   #16
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

As a general comment - ask Wikipedia. The "external Links" section seems to have some useful resources regarding the UK and the US (assuming you live there).

Telling the police or one of those phone help lines was probably the best thing to do for now.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 16:13   #17
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly enough, if you decided to intervene and go after the bf, she would probably step up to defend him.
As to your moral "obligations"... in a classic sense you should probably kick the door in while he is smacking her, beat him to a pulp, then take the girl and save her/have sex with her. Reality does not work that way though.

If the police are unable to intervene, take the bf up to the roof, dangle him off the edge and say calmly that the voices in your head are very sensitive to noice, and that they are currently debating whether or not to let go of his legs. Then ask him politely to be quiet in the future and not beat his girl so loudly
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 17:41   #18
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Reasoning with the bf is most likely a dead end, which does not leave you with alot of legal possibilities in terms of direct intervention.

There is no question that the bf deserves a serious beating and more, hitting girls is despicable, but you have to ask yourself how far you are ready to go, as using force could backfire onto you. You have already done alot by phoning the police, not everyone would!
If you decide to get physical, you have to scare him, really terrify him, or he will take it out on the girl and could seriously hurt her.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 17:44   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Just ran into her with her parents, they were there to pick up her stuff as shes moving back home.

Got a good look at her face, **** me he did give her a beating, hope the silly cow has the sense to stay the **** away from now on.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 17:48   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

try here
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 17:50   #21
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Good to hear she is away. Nice opportunity for him to have a little "accident"
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 19:55   #22
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Did you end up managing to get a job with my friend in the end Rids?
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 20:37   #23
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I find your Lack of understanding of wifebeaters disturbing

This was the comment on the negrep I received in this thread, unfortunately it wasn't signed. Seriously, could the person giving me this rep explain a little bit? Or someone who has the same opinion, as I am really curious and willing to learn if aplicable.

PS. I think I know about wifebeaters, I had an alcoholic dad.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 20:55   #24
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I find your Lack of understanding of wifebeaters disturbing
Maybe somebody knew somebody with an abusive wife/gf?

Women usually go the 'break down people mentally' route, and if done against weak/insecure people it can be really devasting. I had a friend who beat up his girlfriend occasionaly (he didn't stay my friend for long). He was really the one deserving the pity though, as she really had him be the balls ****ing him up emotionally. Rage, violence was the only the thing he was able push away the feeling of inadequatness and helplessness with in the end. I really, really have no idea why they stayed together though.. I guess the sex was good :/
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 22:52   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
PS. I think I know about wifebeaters, I had an alcoholic dad.

Silversmoke's father turned to drink to drown out the soul destroying embarassment his son caused him.

I just wonder if Silversmoke's dad beat him just like he beat his mum.

Regular beatings to the head might explain his mental retardation.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:08   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
He was really the one deserving the pity though, as she really had him be the balls ****ing him up emotionally.
No offence meant, but why does that make him deserving of pity? From your brief description, he sounds like an utter faggot.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:18   #27
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
No offence meant, but why does that make him deserving of pity? From your brief description, he sounds like an utter faggot.

Even gays have rights now though.

It's political correctness gone mad.

Mad as a syphillis infected crack ho.
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 22:24   #28
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Did you end up managing to get a job with my friend in the end Rids?
No