User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Aug 2003, 16:54   #1
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Just under two weeks to go!

That's right, it will soon be 9/11 time again!
Time for some moral blackmailed mourning, and americans going off on one.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 17:20   #2
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

If you say so.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 22:47   #3
Kåre Willoch

Kåre Willoch is an unknown quantity at this point
That is my birthday, about time the rest of the world started recognizing it as just that again, FS other countries get over their disasters..
Btw. a bit over 3k killed, not much on a global scale.
9/11 = overrated (except as my bday)
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 22:50   #4
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Just under two weeks to go!

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
That's right, it will soon be 9/11 time again!
11/9 actually.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 23:35   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Don't they refer to it as "the events of September 2001" now.

Anyway I suspect we'll have to endure it's memory for another coupls of years until someone blows up the white house.

It's odd but without googling I doubt I would be to far off if I said that JFK was killed on 22 November 1963. How do I know that yet I don't know the day Germany invaded Poland or England won the World Cup. Something about Americans and dates, like the 4th July for instance.

1st of september 1939? It's one of the most famous dates in history. (Of course some absolute wanker will now doubtlessly come along and point out that advanced German scouts actually crossed the border at eight minutes to midnight on the 31st of August and will congratulate himself on having the wit to escape his padded cell.)
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 09:59   #6
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
1st of september 1939? It's one of the most famous dates in history.
Actually, It was 10 seconds past midgnight, the 31 of August the invasion started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote