User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Jul 2003, 18:49   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Bo selecta

I must admit i found this funny in the past, but i think Avid has lost it. Last nights was incredible in its complete and utter inability to make me laugh on any account.

Anything that made me laugh, the bear etc, has completely lost its shock value. For me its like the second series's of Trigger happy TV, or Chewin the Fat all over again, same joke told a slightly different way.

Another thing is, some of the faces dont even resemble characatures of those they are meant to be (Will Young, Ant & Dec etc). The voices and mannerisms are off, and i dont know where the **** he got some of his ideas from, as they dont make sense at all - Mel B in particular - she was never even stereotypically like that in my eyes.

There are still one or two funny moments (Meatloaf etc), but nothing like it was last year.

And people doing impressions of him are just so unbelievably ****.

Thoughts?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 18:53   #2
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bo selecta

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Another thing is, some of the faces dont even resemble characatures of those they are meant to be (Will Young, Ant & Dec etc). The voices and mannerisms are off
They arent meant to be like their counterpart in rl.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 00:24   #3
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

And people doing impressions of him are just so unbelievably ****.

Thoughts?

CRAAAAAIIIIGGGG DAVID
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 00:27   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It seemed rather poor, my wife was watching a bit of it, it just seemed embarrassing.

Did that guy used to have a slot on the Paramount Comedy Channel during the ads, etc? Because if so, he was **** then too.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 00:29   #5
Dreadnought

ere ant this is the bit where we go unscripted turn of the auto cue. WHERES THE CARD, NEED THE CARD.
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 00:31   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Another thing is, some of the faces dont even resemble characatures of those they are meant to be (Will Young, Ant & Dec etc). .....Mel B in particular - she was never even stereotypically like that in my eyes.

The fact that you know who they are meant to be is funny in itself, since they are so bad (notice that they all have really thick glassess no matter who they are?). And the way they act, which as you point out, is in most cases the opposite to how they really are is also the whole point for me.

While Im not sure it was as funny as when it was first around (I only saw about 10 mins of it last night) it is still funny, I think.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 01:35   #7
one

woof
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 01:38   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Chewing the Fat has never been funny ever, don't kid yourself.

The only thing funny about Bo Selecta now are the Craig David and Michael Jackson sketches, with Michael Jackass being consistently ace when pissed.
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 08:06   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I'm going to watch 'What are you staring at?' tonight.

It's like a real life bo selecta!
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 09:02   #10
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by one
woof
What?
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 09:19   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
The fact that everybody has Leeds accents is weird too. At least he gets Mel B right, maybe that's why he does her all the time.

I never found it very funny, I've watched two episodes and I thought the second one was exactly the same as the first. All he does is dress up as different people, and since he always acts in exactly the same way and speaks in exactly the same way no matter who he's pretending to be there's not much point to it.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 09:46   #12
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
The fact that everybody has Leeds accents is weird too.
Notice how most of the face masks look exactly like Jim Bowen. Hmmmm.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 23:21   #13
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
Personally, I can't stand the show, and have always felt as such.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 23:23   #14
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
i love it, well actually, most of it

ie. craig david, michael jackass, johnathan ross

the rest is alrite,
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 23:30   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I've never seen it.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 23:32   #16
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I've never seen it.
you're probably too busy posting bollocks.
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 23:33   #17
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I've never seen it.
t'is on at midnight
the first 2 esisoodes of series 2
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 23:36   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
you're probably too busy posting bollocks.
I don't watch TV.
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 23:41   #19
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Exclamation

Quote:
I don't watch TV.
you're probably too busy poting bollocks.
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 00:28   #20
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road
Can i get a craaaaaaaig david ? ...

Not funny ? ... i think i pissed meh sen... infact i did piss meh sen! ... oh well.. ill just get meh mam to clean it up...

Anyway about the show.. when i say bo, you say selecta! ...

A tell thea ... its proper bo!
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 00:33   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
Can i get a craaaaaaaig david ? ...

Not funny ? ... i think i pissed meh sen... infact i did piss meh sen! ... oh well.. ill just get meh mam to clean it up...

Anyway about the show.. when i say bo, you say selecta! ...

A tell thea ... its proper bo!
Can someone translate?
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 00:49   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It's not worth it
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 17:03   #23
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
seen it for the first time last week when i had holidays in Wales (yes, Wales).
much different humour than here in Holland, but i liked it tbh.
although that guy who's pretending to be dutch doesn't really sound dutch imo...:P
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 18:47   #24
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by KoeN
seen it for the first time last week when i had holidays in Wales (yes, Wales).
You went sheep sha.... rustling for your holidays?? Weird.

About Bo Selecta, I've never watched it, people at work watch it and think it's the funny, and I've picked up enough off them to act as if I think it's ace as well, when in fact I don't.