User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 03:05   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Geek2Geek: Your love questions answered!

Okay, so this seems to be a habit round here; you geeks asking each other for advice with your love lives... what do we know?! But anyway...

So....
[Big long intro and background, soz!]
I've been _mates_ with this really cool girl for about 5 years. Over the last couple of months we've seen a lot of each other, and "clicked" really well, so we started dating each other. Some people here know about this(?)

Anyway, she split with her boyf of about 3 years in about April. He turned up the weekend before last, and told her he's "changed" and fixed a lot of stuff, and wants to get back. Obviously, this messed with her head! He is her 1st "true love" I think.

So I said I'd give her some space, that I was there for her firstly as a mate, etc. So anyway they had a big chat and she says she thinks she should give it a shot again.

This obviously didn't cheer me up, but I respect her choice!
However... last week I went round to hers to chat, and we ended up "doing stuff" (although we didn't have sex), and this confused matters. She came to a mutual mates BBQ at the weekend and it was all weird. We ended up having another big talk and she went home. Very uncomfortable.

We went to the cinema last night, and it was all smiles and stuff, but the tension was weird, I dropped her off at home and it was quite clear what we both wanted, but I decided to be a gent, made my excuses, and drove off.

So... the question (FINALLY!)... what do I do? She's cooking me dinner at hers tomorrow night. Do I actually go? Do I give her time to work it out with her ex (who she's split with 3 times already)? Or do I just (somehow) change her mind?

I don't wanna lose her as a mate, but I _reeeeeally_ like her, and only a week ago, she honestly seemed to be the same with me.

Argh! Help! Etc

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 03:11   #2
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Drop her and move on. She clearly doesn't like you all that much or she wouldn't have moved on to her ex. As the rejected party you will never be able to remain friends with her and you're just going to make her miserable with your constant hanging around (you'll do it, trust me). This girl sounds like a total flake anyways. Do yourself a favor and **** her sister.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 03:19   #3
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
Drop her and move on. She clearly doesn't like you all that much or she wouldn't have moved on to her ex. As the rejected party you will never be able to remain friends with her and you're just going to make her miserable with your constant hanging around (you'll do it, trust me). This girl sounds like a total flake anyways. Do yourself a favor and **** her sister.
words of wisdon...
BlacK_Bengudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 03:32   #4
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point
**** that beehotch and leave. She's not all that interested if she's going to give it a chance with some dude whois pulling the whole " I'VE CHANGED BABY!!!" line. God women always fall for that trick...
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 03:42   #5
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
What happened to the last one? You said you'd keep us posted.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 05:04   #6
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Re: Geek2Geek: Your love questions answered!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
snip snip
well, from experience, I'd say take it slow.

See what happens with the ex, but let her know that you're still interested. Be honest with her...tell her that you're interested, but that you'll support her with whatever decision she makes...and if it's meant to be, you'll be shagging her by weeks end
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 05:05   #7
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Shes just confused, get her back.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 06:17   #8
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point
Heh, you shud not let her get close with her ex ffs. As it seems you both like eachother, so take your chance while you still hav it. You're not going to marry or anything so forget bout all the **** that has happened before and just enjoy your time together!
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 07:33   #9
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
The time you started seeing more of her was around the time she split with this guy. I'm with Nicole, she sounds like the type of girl who can't be single, and hence a bit of a flakey dependant type. Move on, you can do better.

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 09:39   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I dont know, im an internet geek.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:23   #11
Mong
Forever Delayed

Re: Re: Geek2Geek: Your love questions answered!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
well, from experience, I'd say take it slow.

See what happens with the ex, but let her know that you're still interested. Be honest with her...tell her that you're interested, but that you'll support her with whatever decision she makes...and if it's meant to be, you'll be shagging her by weeks end
Heh, perhaps I didn't explain that we've already reached the shagging stage It's just that her ex has made this huge effort and she's all confused right now. It's not easy to turn off 3 years worth of feelings eh?

She knows I like her, and she knows that my first priority is that we remain mates.

Confusing eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
The time you started seeing more of her was around the time she split with this guy. I'm with Nicole, she sounds like the type of girl who can't be single, and hence a bit of a flakey dependant type. Move on, you can do better.
Nicole isn't always the most optimistic of ppl :P This girl is actually a really strongly independant girlie, who really likes having her own space. She split with this guy early in the year, got back, then split again a few months later (April-ish), then in June we got it together. She's not a serial-dater or anything!

Can't believe I'm defending her

I further can't believe I posted this here!!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:27   #12
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Have unprotected sex after dinner. Once she's pregnant, she'll stay with you. Then apply a coathanger once you get bored and move on.

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:28   #13
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by I Am Grimble
Have unprotected sex after dinner. Once she's pregnant, she'll stay with you. Then apply a coathanger once you get bored and move on.
Wise words, Mr Bateman!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:42   #14
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
What happened to the last one? You said you'd keep us posted.
This is her! I took your advice, went for it. Success. It was all going so well until she bumped into her ex...

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:45   #15
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Challenge him to a duel on the common at dawn.
The one that doesn't die gets to keep her.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:01   #16
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
This is her! I took your advice, went for it. Success. It was all going so well until she bumped into her ex...

M.
OH RITE I didn't read the origional post, again. :/
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:04   #17
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't give up on things.

She's probably confussed over the fact that he's gone to all this effort to put right the wrongs which caused them to split up, you know, the "aww he's done all this for me" crap that the ladies love.
Maybe the rose tinted glasses have come out and she's thinking of all the good times, and with the 'New Him' there won't be the bad times anymore.
Getting back with someone after you've split up once is always hard, because of the history which caused you to split once before.

Do as you're doing, and hopefully she'll see sense.
Don't dump her, that will only push her back with her ex, and make you unhappy too.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:08   #18
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
I dont know, im an internet geek.
This is quite possibly the most helpful thing on the entire page.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:14   #19
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Maybe the rose tinted glasses have come out and she's thinking of all the good times, and with the 'New Him' there won't be the bad times anymore.
Getting back with someone after you've split up once is always hard, because of the history which caused you to split once before.
But she's already told me (and him) that this is the "last chance", she says that some of the problems are still not resolved. I'm not sure she's 100% confident, but as this is her "first true love"* I think she's finding it hard not to give it a shot. Maybe I should give her space? Cos she says she's really into me too, and I can tell she's getting stressed out.

I'd rather she wasn't stressed you see. Even if it meant nothing more happens, at least we'd be mates?!

* Doesn't mean he's her 1st. She knows exactly what she's doing

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 13:50   #20
Mong
Forever Delayed

She likes olives, and her olive plant died a while back.

So I bought her a new one.

Do you reckon this is too much?!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 13:58   #21
DaWoodster
Registered abUser

DaWoodster is an unknown quantity at this point
f**k her.
DaWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 14:01   #22
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
She likes olives, and her olive plant died a while back.

So I bought her a new one.

Do you reckon this is too much?!

M.
Nah, it shows thought, girls like stuff which involves though.

Apparently. buying flowers off a garage forcourt does not involve thought, as I found out the hard way.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 14:44   #23
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
oi, this was a tricky one.

If u like her, then give her time..but also..if she had liked u as much as u obvious like her, then she wouldnt need time with her ex..

I would have moved on, found a new girl, and kept this one as a friend

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 15:10   #24
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
This story sounds like what happened with my ex. Unfortunately we're not friends coz she was annoying me by going on about her first true love & I told her to f off.

finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 16:01   #25
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Wishmaster
If u like her, then give her time..but also..if she had liked u as much as u obvious like her, then she wouldnt need time with her ex..
Well, she claims she's very into me. I'm the one who has backed off! But now it seems she's still very keen. But I don't want to continue seeing her if she's still got something with her ex.

Her ex is a good guy btw, I think they've just grown up, but in different directions.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 16:19   #26
BarbieKen

Nicole is the winner. No discussion about it. You'll only loose in the long run with a girl who can't decide what to do.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 16:23   #27
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by BarbieKen
Nicole is the winner. No discussion about it. You'll only loose in the long run with a girl who can't decide what to do.
I had a role reversal years ago. Couldn't decide what to do, went with this girl. We stayed together for years and had a lot of fun. *shrug*

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 16:28   #28
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
knock off the ex. he's useless and obviously a thorn in your plan.

once he's out of the picture her confusion will clear and you'll be the winner \o/

i've seen guys do this before (the ex)... i think it's a case of 'oh noes she's with another guy! i must get her back!'

it's not that she can't handle being single, it's that he can't handle her with another guy :P
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 16:32   #29
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Be gay.

Problem solved.

(Plus you already have the appropriate headwear).
sayonara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 16:44   #30
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
i've seen guys do this before (the ex)... i think it's a case of 'oh noes she's with another guy! i must get her back!'

it's not that she can't handle being single, it's that he can't handle her with another guy :P
She's not told him that she's been seeing me... that worries me.

I think tonight will be crunch time. It's gone on long enough - it needs sorting! I think I'll call it quits, which is a shame cos she's got the perfect ass ;-)

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 16:51   #31
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Tell her as it is, that this uncertain intimacy is jeopardising your friendship, and that if she keeps acting as she have, you'll take the majority advice above.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 17:34   #32
BarbieKen

Quote:
I had a role reversal years ago. Couldn't decide what to do, went with this girl. We stayed together for years and had a lot of fun. *shrug*

M.
Yeah, but it depends on where you are in life. If she wanted you that bad, there would not be the need to think it throught. Uncertainty pains you both, and even if it's sorted you will always know that she has gone out with you while she was fixing her ex, and could possible do the same towards you next time.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 17:34   #33
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Tell her that if she doesnt get her 'act' together and decide then thats it. No more friendship. No more 'lovey dovey' crap.

Then distance yourself and see what happens.
It puts the ball in her court.

It will also give you time to 'get over her' so that if it does go pearshaped and she doesnt phone you and want to see you again etc you can find someone else. There are plenty more fish in the sea....
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 17:37   #34
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
There are plenty more fish in the sea....
True, true.....
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 17:49   #35
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
try to have her over and over
that chick seems to be too stupid to be friends with, so if she aint good for shaggin, she aint good for nothin'
well,
then again as the majority of girls
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 20:23   #36
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Have you not considered the fact that she is using you to make the bf jealous and come back to her?

She's oviously waiting for the best time to drop the bombshell on him. Be elsewhere when she does.
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 20:27   #37
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Have you not considered the fact that she is using you to make the bf jealous and come back to her?

She's oviously waiting for the best time to drop the bombshell on him. Be elsewhere when she does.
Everyone always thinks everyone else is scheming against them, while themself are mere confused and unsure what to do.

I say talk to the bloody girl, a real "honest now" talk, explain exactly how you'd react if this or that happened. Chances are if she's the internet type, she's on some other board asking what she should do, get together with her best friend, or go back to the BF. She might be as confused and unsure as you.