User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Jul 2003, 16:28   #1
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
new mobile problems

I purchased a new sony ericsson t610 today. With an O2 contract. It still says "Inactive Sim" (after an hour or 2)

Should I wait longer and it will work itself out, fone the shop, or fone O2?

And I cant get a number for O2 or email them as on their site you need to enter your phone number, mine ofcourse doesnt work!

Help Me Please
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 16:28   #2
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Post your problem on GD and they will help.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 16:32   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It should get activated in a day or two.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 16:32   #4
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
Post your problem on GD and they will help.
just like u did help me, thanks
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 17:09   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
It should get activated in a day or two.
???

mine took half an hour
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 17:17   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
They advise it can take 48hrs don't they? It's usually done within a few hours, but it's to stop people phoning up and bothering the call centre people.

It varies from provider to provider, my current phone they said it could take 72hrs.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 17:31   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I'd wait at least a day before you go ringing people up.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 19:08   #8
Danae
loved

Danae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura about
Try turning it off for a while then turning it back on.
Danae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 19:17   #9
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Re: new mobile problems

Quote:
Originally posted by CoD
I purchased a new sony ericsson t610 today. With an O2 contract. It still says "Inactive Sim" (after an hour or 2)

Should I wait longer and it will work itself out, fone the shop, or fone O2?

And I cant get a number for O2 or email them as on their site you need to enter your phone number, mine ofcourse doesnt work!

Help Me Please
They normally tell you to leave your new phone on charge without using it for 16 hours. This accomplishes two things.

1: You get it fully charged and properly ready to use.

2: 80% of Sim activations occur within those 16 hours, and thus problems such as yours wouldn't occur.

All you can do is wait.
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 23:50   #10
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
sounds to me like the mini antenna inside the phone needs to have the microwaves boosted. Put it in your microwave oven on full power for 4 minutes (category E ovens). That should sort it out.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 00:21   #11
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
O2 are poo.

When i bought my phone from them the sim was activated when i got it, and my contract with them started the day I ordered it, one week before it arrived so i paid 7 days of nothing.

Also they charged me £55 this month, which is wrong, when i emailed them to querie it, they said the phone number I gave was wrong, but my original mail was attached and it was clearly correct.

O2 are poo.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 09:08   #12
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
O2 are poo.
I can indeed confirm the crapness of 02.
The last straw came when i had to stand on the bench in the middle of my garden, trying to get a signel to send a text.

I switch to Voda, and have never not had a signal.
Maybe their tarrifs are a little more exspensive than 02's, but whats the point of having a cheap tarif when you get no signal.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote