User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:00   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Respect

This has nothing to do with alliances, but I ask the mods to show some respect to leave this thread here, where it can get knowledge to the ppl who care.

I was out, drunken admittedly, when a guy punched a girl to the floor.
Another bloke also ran to help, and for that I am grateful (me being a big wimp).

Basically, the police came round the corner to see the agresser tear his t-shirt in half and threaten to beat the **** out of me.

Because the girl refused to press charges, they let the guy walk away.

Then they proceeded to warn me about threatening to hit the guy back, even though they had admitted to hearing the guy threaten me first.

I pushed the copper over (which I know was wrong and know I was lucky not to be arrested), in anger, and decided it was a good time to walk away, after many lectures about the police system and many rles about how I could lose my job as a teacher.

The question I put to pa is...

The police complain about ppl 'turning the other cheek' but what can they expect with treatemnet like I recieved when only trying to help out.

The other guy shut his mouth,a nd walked away when clearly guilty, whilst I got threatened with arrest for voicing my opions when I was clearly on the side of the law (except for pushing the policeman),

Where is the incentive to help other citizens?

Maybe I know the answer already but I just had to voice this as it so incensed me
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:05   #2
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Eh?

I thought this was alliance discussions?
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:06   #3
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
this entire world is crooked

u got 'punished' for trying to help somebody, there's clearly something wrong there
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:06   #4
Dizzyness

Dizzyness is an unknown quantity at this point
moved to pd? gd?
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:11   #5
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough
dont scare the AD ppl with such things as RL!!!

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:14   #6
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
put in ad cause pd ppl suck. have some discretion ffs
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:17   #7
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to behold
I guess after dealing with countless friday night incidents, your average policeman isn't interested in the details of a specific situation, it's just some more drunks fighting...
Quetzovercoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:18   #8
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Forest
put in ad cause pd ppl suck. have some discretion ffs
I guess I should edit my reasonable reply to something about "YUOR MOM"

edit : (p.s. you know this thread will now turn into one about if moderators were right to move it)
Quetzovercoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:19   #9
Forest

Quote:
Originally posted by Quetzovercoatl
I guess after dealing with countless friday night incidents, your average policeman isn't interested in the details of a specific situation, it's just some more drunks fighting...
If they dont find out what happened theyb aint doing there job right ffs

And is 4 cars and a van really nessessray for 3 guys?
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:24   #10
Valle
Fakey

Valle is an unknown quantity at this point
Cops might complain about ppl "turning the other cheek" but that's just their spokespersons.

I'm pretty sure they generally think anyone interfering with what they consider "their job" are busybodies that they could very well do without thank you very much.

My personal experience with cops,is that generally they're full of crap. More so than other ppl.

#spacehamsters

<Oreo-> Valle: GÅ Å LEGG DEG!!
Valle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 01:30   #11
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought this thread was going to be about homeboys.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 02:08   #12
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
In a civilized world noone defends themself, and everyone is defended by the police.

Not saying that what you threatened was self defence...

And why do you mention that you were drunk? Had someone forced you to ingest the alcohol?
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 02:08   #13
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
this world is far from civilized
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 02:41   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Your better off ignoring scenes which kick off like that.

Girls can supposedly take care of themselves.

Geri Halliwell says so.
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 06:16   #15
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
I woulda beat the piss outta the guy who hit her.
But then I'd be in jail right now, so I'm happy I wasn't in your shoes.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 06:32   #16
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
if you'd pushed a policeman here then you'd be in a cell quicker than you could say boo on some trumped up charge.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 08:54   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
serves you right for sucking.

No one likes a drunk intervention, you probably dont know how annoying you were

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 08:55   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
In a civilized world noone defends themself, and everyone is defended by the police.
Why do you say this?

I don't see why someone defending themselves is less civilised than specifically selected armed individuals defending everyone.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 11:16   #19
Forest

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
serves you right for sucking.

No one likes a drunk intervention, you probably dont know how annoying you were
Now im sober, it dont look quite as bad :/

I really should shut my mouth and keep walking, but im not that kinda person.

The police are never around when u need em, and if everyone turns the other cheek there would be anarchy.
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 15:39   #20
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
a tale

i have a lil tale if u wanna hear it...

during my secondary school years, i was out ont he streets, me and a mate just bought bottle of cider each ( ) and we were walking along drinking to meet other ppl from school, when a riot van pulled up.

so naturally we ran for a sweet lives, my mate was lagging behind and police caught him, i stood there while they dragged him to the van. i ran up to fence about 20 metres away from the van and they werestodd with his bottle pouring over his head. then then punched him several times in the stomach and just left him.

how **** is that.
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 15:44   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
if the police did that in every city veil, britain would be a lot less ****

I thoroughly support the actions of the police in your tale

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 16:57   #22
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
HAHAAHAHAH
HOHOHOHHO
well choosen thread name for the GD community

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 17:00   #23
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

The problem is that the police force as an insitution is a direct descendant of the army, and is therefore none too bright.

OR

The whole system is crooked.

OR

People are shiet nowadays.

OR

Whatever other bizzare speculation you wish to offer
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 11:04   #24
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
I woulda beat the piss outta the guy who hit her.
But then I'd be in jail right now, so I'm happy I wasn't in your shoes.
i actually did that myself once, and yes i went to jail for it, but i was reimbursed after the trial since i acted in self defence (meaning i got 80 euro for the night in jail)
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 11:32   #25
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I could stand by and watch two guys smack it out together, but not when a guy was hitting a girl.
I'd have tried to stop things best i could.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 11:50   #26
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The 'don't hit a girl' argument is ****. She probably deserved it and you were wrong to intervene.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2003, 12:03   #27
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Why do you say this?

I don't see why someone defending themselves is less civilised than specifically selected armed individuals defending everyone.
because chaos breaks out in a natural world.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 03:05   #28
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Biusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

That sucks man :-( Good that they didn't like go and arrest you, heh :-/

With the current law system it's getting more dangerous to actually help someone than be the one causing trouble, ie:

If you walk down the street and notice some dude is trying to rape some girl, and go kick his ass but the girl is too afraid to say anything to the police about the raping, you're the one sitting in jail for beating the guys ass. (Especially if you really beat the **** out of him)
Would be very nice "thanks" from the chick you just saved
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 05:54   #29
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by W
That would be one vote for a Police Person in every house.
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 07:27   #30
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Biusa
That sucks man :-( Good that they didn't like go and arrest you, heh :-/

With the current law system it's getting more dangerous to actually help someone than be the one causing trouble, ie:

If you walk down the street and notice some dude is trying to rape some girl, and go kick his ass but the girl is too afraid to say anything to the police about the raping, you're the one sitting in jail for beating the guys ass. (Especially if you really beat the **** out of him)
Would be very nice "thanks" from the chick you just saved
But then you really cannot blame that on the law, but on the girl
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 08:40   #31
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Wear a cape and a mask.

That'll show 'em!

Call yourself something striking...

...ARRESTOR!
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 01:22   #32
jedsville
retired

jedsville is an unknown quantity at this point
being portsmouth, the guy prob showd his navy card to the old bill and they let him off.

seen simular thing happen down the seafront loads a times and as he is navy / army they (the old bill) walk away.

i've been in a few rucks last year and been made to make me look like i'm wrong as i'm a student (the main reason portsmouth is still working as the mod keeps pulling out and the uni taking over) while the navy boys have had the sun shining out there arses.

they are c***s.
jedsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 01:57   #33
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
why did he punch her?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 09:29   #34
Panther

Panther is an unknown quantity at this point
Stupid cops... here Forest, have a banana and cheer up