User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Jul 2003, 09:34   #51
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
heh, I found out tonight what happened(was talking to a guy that was there). He was out with a bunch of friends last night, and brought a gun with him. They stopped by a bar, that his brother owns, called 'The Boat'...it's right on the waterfront here. After they left, they were walking along the beach and he said 'hey guys, check this out' and he pulled out the gun and bang....right in front of his friends.
sounds to me like he did not think it was loaded or had the safety on or something
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 09:40   #52
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Hostile
sounds to me like he did not think it was loaded or had the safety on or something
no. sounds more like a murder followed by suicide job really, from Dilly's comments. not that many people stick a gun to their head, assume it isn't loaded (especially when they bought it with them) and the safety is on, and pull the trigger.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 08:36   #53
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Go to the funeral and chat up his ex-girlfriend, she'll vulnerable round about now and will be looking for a shoulder to cry on.
chat up his ex? man...I've seen ALOT of sh*t replies on GD over the past 2 1/2 years...but this is, without a doubt, the sh*tiest I have ever seen. If you mean 'just talk to her, she probably feels like crap' I apologise. Otherwise, you're an as*hole.
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 08:56   #54
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
The ex ex Miss Woof took an overdose when we broke up.
Fortunately i got to her in time.
It was the single worst thing, without a doubt, that has ever happened to me in my life.
I could never put into words how helpless i felt when i was next to her hospital bed.
When you see someone you once loved lying unconcious, as a result of your actions, you question everything.
Looking back now i remember feeling guilty for not being in love anymore. Promising yourself that if she pulls through everything would be different between you.
We stayed together for another four months after this, but have been seperated now for 14 months. We are still friends.

Go to the funeral.
You'll never understand anyone's motives for doing this, no matter how hard you try.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 09:00   #55
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Go to the funeral.
You'll never understand anyone's motives for doing this, no matter how hard you try.
well, it turns out that his family only wants a private service....which, unfortunatly means that none of us from work can go....which sucks. Most of us at work are having a really hard time dealing with this, and I think going to the funeral would certainly help us all. But, we can't go. :\
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 09:23   #56
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
"People who have genuine depression (not just people who get depressed) often find that it is too difficult a problem to deal with, unaware that there is medication available. You may never know the situation which brought on the suicide, but here is a few things to consider."

i tried the medication, its what caused my suicide attempt, not the cure to it
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 10:42   #57
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_G
"People who have genuine depression (not just people who get depressed) often find that it is too difficult a problem to deal with, unaware that there is medication available. You may never know the situation which brought on the suicide, but here is a few things to consider."

i tried the medication, its what caused my suicide attempt, not the cure to it

I would suggest that you were on either the wrong medication, not enough quantity of the medication or you didn't give the medication time to work. As with all anti depressants they are slow release types and take anything up to two months to get into the system fully. It maybe somewhat longer before the person starts to feel better. Due to the fact that there are several different types of anti depressants there is a fair amount of trial and error in prescribing them and gaining the benefit from them. Somtimes there is no noticable effect of taking a particular Anti Depressant at which point a change of medication would be recommended. Don't give up on taking them, go see the GP and change them, they do work, it's all just a matter of time.
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 10:45   #58
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Go.

If you truly consider them a friend, then you'd put your morale standpoint aside, for them.

Also, if you dont go, you may spend a ****load of time feeling guilty about not going, which is bad.
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 10:55   #59
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
I think you should go to the funeral.

People commit suicide for a reason and it is their decision whether to or not.

Him being on of your friends, you should respect his decision!

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 11:04   #60
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Minty
you should respect his decision!
!

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 11:32   #61
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
well, it turns out that his family only wants a private service....which, unfortunatly means that none of us from work can go....which sucks. Most of us at work are having a really hard time dealing with this, and I think going to the funeral would certainly help us all. But, we can't go. :\

If you can't actually attend the funeral, why not hold a little gathering to pay your final respects to him for those who were not able to go, either in your office / local pub or at the grave side once the funeral is over? That might help you all to obtain some sort of closure.
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote