User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jun 2003, 19:27   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
ah, once again it is almost upon us

that's right kids, Wimbledon is just a few short days away.

I think on the men's side it'll be either Andre Agassi (he's well due for another win..and with Sampras out this year, he's got a very very good chance to do it), or Tim Henman (he's made it to the semi's 4 of the last 5 years, so he's probably due to win sooner rather than later).

On the women's side, I'll obviously have to think that Serena Williams will win based on her succes over the past year, but her older sister, Venus Williams, will also put in a very strong showing. Jennifer Capriati also has a great chance to win this year as well(and it's been over 17 months since her last title win, so she's definately due)...she's got the speed and power to put it all together.

Your predictions (if any of you care, that is)?
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 19:33   #2
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope Heman looses at an early stage.
I hate girly cries of "we love you tim" just before every serve, and the sooner he goes the better.

He should stick to detergent comercials, the twat.
Heman comes across as thinking he has the god given right to win Wimbledon, simply cos he's British.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 19:38   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
the good yank one?

(Roddick?)
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 19:41   #4
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Futhermore why in ****ery is Henman seeded?
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 19:42   #5
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Constant pollution of terrestrial TV with sporting crap ahoy. Again.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 20:01   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
the good yank one?

(Roddick?)
Good call. I'ld go for him as an outsider and Hewitt as favourite.

Cant see anybody other than Serena winning the womens tbph.
Unread 20 Jun 2003, 20:13   #7
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Cant see anybody other than Serena winning the womens tbph.
that's the obvious choice clearly, but the women's field is pretty strong, but as I said, Serena, Venus or Capriati will win
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 02:34   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Mens

Roddick would be my favourite. I hope Henman Does it though. Failing that, i hope anyone but Hewitt wins. ****ing wanker

Womens.

Tough to look past serena but i see no reason why Venus couldnt beat her. Capriate just went out of eastbourne at the semis, didnt look tooo hot, so iu wouldnt bet on her

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 09:03   #9
Yossarian

Hewitt owns all your babies.
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 11:22   #10
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
**** OFF WIMBLEDON!

I'll never forgive it for knocking STTNG out of its 6pm time slot on bbc2
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 11:27   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Roddick or Hewitt for the mens, with Rusedski to get knocked out in the second round and Henman to reach the quarters.

Serena Williams for the women's.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 13:12   #12
Geert
sexeh lap dog

Geert is an unknown quantity at this point
men : Roddick vs. ???

women : Henin vs. Clijsters

\\o//
Geert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 19:45   #13
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by Yossarian
Hewitt owns all your babies.
clearly not...he was put out in the first round
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 19:51   #14
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Roddick, though I'll be cheering for Agassi mainly.

In the women's Serena Williams, though I'll be cheering for Hantuchova and Henin-Hardenne.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 20:09   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Whats wrong Hewitt? Why arent you shouting "KAMMAN!" in an annoying arrogant manner?

oh, you're out. Bmao.

Unread 23 Jun 2003, 20:29   #16
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
Roddick, though I'll be cheering for Agassi mainly.

In the women's Serena Williams, though I'll be cheering for Hantuchova and Henin-Hardenne.
yes, GO ANDRE!!
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 20:51   #17
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof

Heman comes across as thinking he has the god given right to win Wimbledon
my moneys on HEMAN if hes playing
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 20:52   #18
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tobe
my moneys on HEMAN if hes playing
He-Man, the master of the universe, would rock SW19!
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 21:02   #19
Erkenbrand
Moody

Erkenbrand is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't normaly watch much tennis, but Rudeski's serves were packing some heat today.
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 12:08   #20
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
I reckon hewitt will win.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 12:09   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
I reckon hewitt will win.
I comedically concur.
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 14:08   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

i almost forgot how ace henman is to watch. Superb tennis