User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 17:18   #1
KingGnome
PA addict

KingGnome is an unknown quantity at this point
bcalc.com announcement

I figured this was the best place to put it...

I'm announcing that from round 10, I wont be maintaining the bcalc.com battle calculator

I also highly doubt that I'll be playing R10 at all - and its probably for the same reason that a lot of peeps have quit for, so I wont bore you with the details
Surfice to say that its the scale of alliances which I feel have been PA's biggest downfall - and I really hope, for the future of PA's sake, that something big and unpopular is done for R10 to curb the ability of alliances to grow so large...

Anyway, I'm giving you guys a fair bit of notice so that anyone who wants to can pick up the code and play (and while I'm still around to offer any help I can with the existing code)

Chances are reasonable that even though I wont be maintaining it, it could still be hosted using the bcalc.com domain if whoever is going to maintain it so wishes - post on the bcalc forums or reply here or email me or something if you so wish
Perhaps its premature of me to talk about R10 since R9 has only just started, but heeeeeey

Anyway, its been fun and a pleasure

[edit]
I forgot to say that if someone wants their r10 calc hosted using bcalc.com, it must be open source so that everyone can verify that no scans are being nicked for alliance X's gain (thanks for reminding me hyfe :P)
[/edit]

Last edited by KingGnome; 30 Mar 2003 at 20:18.
KingGnome is offline   Reply With Quote