User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 10:17   #1
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
[Declined] New Scan Please

Another crazy idea from the mind of Noah02

Is it posssible to get a scan were we can actually scan whats in production?
I mean with the % of inaccuracy as per usual I but would be a very useful tool and Could make me run away again as usual
I know you can planet scan to see how much resources hes got then if he spends it all you can take a risk but I just think It would be very handy.

What ye think then?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 11:45   #2
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Scan Please

I think it would take away the level of skill needed to successfully land your fleet, and of course if you have two sets of incomings but can only handle one of them, you can potentially get both to recall, as they do not know what you're producing.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 14:03   #3
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

this very thing has been suggested many times i have seen over the rounds, all the time rejected by people due to the fact it just makes things easier for attackers to recall which means even fewer fights, there needs to be some element of suprise which the defender can unleash
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 14:26   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

ok am sorry wasnt in declined was all.
Seemed like a good idea but obvious one thought that everyone else might have come up with it but couldnt find it
So thought I could get it declined for the records

Unread 22 Feb 2005, 20:12   #5
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

lo Noah02

I am against anything which makes the game more predictable. We should not be able to calc everything, we already calc so much.

Cm
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 11:12   #6
noah02
The Original Terran

yes i know
now i feel silly for suggesting it but least i got it out the way for declined bit

Unread 1 Mar 2005, 17:13   #7
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Why make it too easy indeed. And you can pretty much guess some of the production if you scan abit before you launch and right before you land.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Unread 2 Mar 2005, 21:45   #8
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

yeah it encourages people to know the races and their ships better if u have to guess what they are producing. in many cases its easy to guess anyway, for example a zik bs fleet is headed for a xan (not an unknown happening) u can bet ure bollox to a barndance that said xan will have a bolt thrower spree. obviously other fleets are more mixed, and so it teches people to learn the races and make educated guesses as to what the defender will buy and whether to pull or not
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 00:09   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

declined

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread