User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Jul 2003, 16:31   #1
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Put your reputation on the line ?

Well lots and lots of sometimes interesting and sometimes boring threads about this cheat and that cheat blah blah blah blah.....

You get the picture. However, I haven't seen one alliance HC offer to challenge the people they accuse of cheating to a fairer fight.

Why has no one suggested a speed round ? As a decider ?
You could at least prove that some alliance and players are better when playing on a level playing field without as much of an opportunity to have your farms, your multi - fleets , your bots.....etc etc etc

It might settle the arguement once and for all that some players can ONLY play when they cheat.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 16:38   #2
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
I bet that bots are more suited to win a speedround than any real player.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 16:42   #3
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
I bet that bots are more suited to win a speedround than any real player.
Ha ... HAHA ... HAHAHAHA
you're too funny.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 16:50   #4
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Ha ... HAHA ... HAHAHAHA
you're too funny.
and thats sad..

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 16:57   #5
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Ha ... HAHA ... HAHAHAHA
you're too funny.
Sorry - that was definitely NOT my intention.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 17:17   #6
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Has LDK ever done well in a speedround ??

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 17:25   #7
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz

hAl
Speed rounds normally cost money. LDK only ever played normal PA rounds when people paid for them, and I don't think they ever played a speed round. It would certainly be interesting to see
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 17:30   #8
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
WOlfpack challenge any alliance to a speed round.

COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOUR HARD ENOUGH SCOUSE
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 17:34   #9
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
I don't like speed rounds.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 17:44   #10
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
WOlfpack challenge any alliance to a speed round.

I'll accept the challenge in replacement of scouse if you pay the speedround

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:23   #11
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Speed rounds are crap due to the emencely huge blocking (literally half the 'universe') and fact that you practically have to sit in front of your computer for an entire weekend.

Now a speed round with no blocking would be interesting, but its never gunna happen so I'm not even gunna start on that one.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:31   #12
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
LH?
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:39   #13
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
didnt you play sg one time? with hh, eol etc..?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:43   #14
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
LH?
most of you would not get to 100k in lh.

would be funny to see you try tho.

(xtothez, you would obviously rock)
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:48   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Last Horizon sucks The blocking is worse than in speed Planetarion. For example yestoday afternoon I was playing, 5 Dragons galaxies signed up and blocked even though there were only 4 other galaxies (2 of which weren't full). The worst thing is they were rather chuffed about it sending mails about how no one should cross Dragons.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:52   #16
Golin
Retard

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Last Horizon sucks The blocking is worse than in speed Planetarion. For example yestoday afternoon I was playing, 5 Dragons galaxies signed up and blocked even though there were only 4 other galaxies (2 of which weren't full). The worst thing is they were rather chuffed about it sending mails about how no one should cross Dragons.
seems you can't play it right
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:57   #17
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
LH Fury are nearly as bad you know
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 19:02   #18
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Hostile
LH Fury are nearly as bad you know
I don't recall Fury existing in LH, not in any official capacity anyhow.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 19:12   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Speed PA is a different game to normal PA. I don't see how winning one necessarily proves superiority at the other.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 19:20   #20
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Golin
So if I go and say get 50 people to sign up and wave every other galaxy then sit on my roids, then I'm playing it right ? "Cool" but I don't think I care about it that much.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 19:28   #21
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
LH?
That's what I was going to say.

perhaps push them to 30 second ticks though.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 19:31   #22
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I think Hicks can actually (incidentally, I'm mainly defending him because I usually play with him in LH, so insulting his skills is insulting mine as well - so I am actually defending myself).

LH isn't hard. Just do the tick plan ok, build some ships, and bash down the other players. If another galaxy tries to be ****y and rise up to your level, you organise an attack with your galaxy back on them.
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 20:14   #23
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Alliance dodgeball
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 20:16   #24
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz

hAl
Had LDK ever played in speedround ?
________
Sex Rehab Forum

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:33.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 20:27   #25
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
Alliance dodgeball
I'm in.

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 21:12   #26
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Speed PA is a different game to normal PA. I don't see how winning one necessarily proves superiority at the other.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 06:50   #27
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light
r6 world championships didn't have huge blocking.. due to qualify's..
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 07:24   #28
Ferox

Ferox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by lrytas
Had LDK ever played in speedround ?
I only know Kaifux played a speed round; he was in a winning galaxy last(?) speed round. He ended #7 score wise.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 10:12   #29
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Ferox
I only know Kaifux played a speed round; he was in a winning galaxy last(?) speed round. He ended #7 score wise.
Kaifux was in my winning galaxy as an oly-member during the first speedgame this round.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 10:23   #30
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I don't recall Fury existing in LH, not in any official capacity anyhow.
Does Fury exist in some official capasity then? Im just wondering..
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 10:26   #31
zerocore
drow

zerocore is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
Kaifux was in my winning galaxy as an oly-member during the first speedgame this round.
So? The was no LDK in r9, that's why we all (LDK) were olympian/eclipse/madcows/etc. members.
The point is, that we can play speed games too and we can to play it good...

R5 - 19:21:8 - zerocore of syndicate - LDK
R6 - 29:4:1 - Dark Templar of Evil Prime - LDK - #58
R7 - 2:6:2 - Malekith the Witch King of Naggarond - LDK BC
R8 - 26:10:7 - Darksorrow The Demon Hunter of Altar of Elders - LDK BC - #94
R9 - 33:2:1 - Infernal Battlefield of Acheron - "LDK" - #286
R9.5 - 23:9:1 - The Blackguard of Infernal Underdark - LDK HC - #6
R10 - 19:2:9 - BlackGuard of The Dark Armoury - FAnG/LDK BG - #4
zerocore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 11:42   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by skipper
Does Fury exist in some official capasity then? Im just wondering..
Sid.

ps.

I see you deleted and reposted this thread to get rid of my comment of 'This has been suggested so many times before'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 12:03   #33
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
offtopic

In my opinion Fury should've continued as Xanadu and Legion as a community playing other games. Zhils post gave a hope that it might have had. Ofcourse Sid couldn't be the leadingfigure of all the games, but as r7 showed Fury plays well without him. So the Sid point is not good enough imo, eventhough I respect your decision.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 13:06   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
See also: Cryptic's comments in the LDK thread.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 14:21   #35
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
i wonder why

Quote:
most of you would not get to 100k in lh.

would be funny to see you try tho.
LH does suck, I've won it a few times before pretty easily without allying etc, just outroiding and keeping hold of them long enough to go exponential and bashing anyone that got close. Loads of people block in the game though and when you get a whole galaxy on one planet sometimes more it gets kinda sad tbh. The people that play it as well (in general) are total fk wits, i thought some of the pa players had an attitude, the LH community are a bunch of whiny kids that can't take losing and need to jack off everytime they cap.

Quote:
Originally posted by LordNieminen
r6 world championships didn't have huge blocking.. due to qualify's...
there was blocking in the qualifiers though, if speed games are really a show off skill then my gal was the best UK gal, this wasn't the case though as politics came into play and dj and ice's gal owned all and decided who else they wanted to go through, because zeus was in a certain gal though we managed to qualify for the bronze's.

In the bronze's once again we were the "best" gal, but again politics came into play and we got twatted while nacho's gal fencesat their way to victory.

If you look at individual players skill, in the UK heat i was constantly interchanging with game as top1-2 and in the bronze's i was clear #1 with ikke being #2 and we formed a defence pact (all prior to politics coming into play and my gal getting bashed ofc); but does that mean Im a godly player? ofc not, just means im a good roider and that's about all.

Conclusion, speed games don't really tell that much about how good a player/alliance/gal is, only certain aspects of their play
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God

Last edited by Mi5; 9 Jul 2003 at 14:29.
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 14:33   #36
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Re: offtopic

Quote:
In my opinion Fury should've continued as Xanadu and Legion as a community playing other games. Zhils post gave a hope that it might have had. Ofcourse Sid couldn't be the leadingfigure of all the games, but as r7 showed Fury plays well without him. So the Sid point is not good enough imo, eventhough I respect your decision.
Part of Fury still plays Jump Gate under the Fury name. Other than that Fury in any capacity is gone and the only way it'll ever come back is in the unlikely event that Sid returns to Planetarion.

It would have been nice if the community had stayed together but there was a very good reason why it didn't although I'd rather not go into it on a public forum. A lot of the "core" of people who were Fury round after round are still really close and if I think of my "online friends" it would almost be entirely made up of Ex Fury. It's a pity we don't have any centeral IRC channels rather than just using MSN to keep in touch but to be honest maybe some things are best left buried.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 14:53   #37
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Re: Put your reputation on the line ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Timmy
Well lots and lots of sometimes interesting and sometimes boring threads about this cheat and that cheat blah blah blah blah.....

You get the picture. However, I haven't seen one alliance HC offer to challenge the people they accuse of cheating to a fairer fight.

Why has no one suggested a speed round ? As a decider ?
You could at least prove that some alliance and players are better when playing on a level playing field without as much of an opportunity to have your farms, your multi - fleets , your bots.....etc etc etc

It might settle the arguement once and for all that some players can ONLY play when they cheat.
Well... |R6B| Won the random speedround, which could be compared with R9.5.

Desse/Gresnik/My gal won the Private speedround, which could be compared with R9.

To bad Speedrounds are not really open to LDK people, since they have problems paying..

I would really love to see a speedround, filled with some LDK scum \0/
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 14:56   #38
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by LordNieminen
r6 world championships didn't have huge blocking.. due to qualify's..
Rofl.. It did

All regionsteams where blocked together.
You had the Uk Teams, EU, Scandanavion, Aussies and rest..
Then regions blocked with eachtother etc etc.. So that was more blocking then any other speedround i saw...
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 18:48   #39
Golin
Retard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mi5
i wonder why

LH does suck, I've won it a few times before pretty easily without allying etc, just outroiding and keeping hold of them long enough to go exponential and bashing anyone that got close. Loads of people block in the game though and when you get a whole galaxy on one planet sometimes more it gets kinda sad tbh. The people that play it as well (in general) are total fk wits, i thought some of the pa players had an attitude, the LH community are a bunch of whiny kids that can't take losing and need to jack off everytime they cap.
oh.

sounds convincing.

you must have played LH junior edition then, or your name is PAUL2.

i know there are some ppl complaining there, but just take a look at these boards back in the pa childhood, and the lh whiners becomes a group of senior citizens compared to the young tits here... ffs

feel free to be the master of last horizon in your great mind. it might be good for you.
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 19:19   #40
Perfect

Perfect is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Put your reputation on the line ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Thunderball

I would really love to see a speedround, filled with some LDK scum \0/
whats the point? kids will never admit ldk wining in speedround

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
just some imagination...

LDK - has won speedround
5 min. later
LDK evil bot users blah blah blah...
Unread 9 Jul 2003, 19:41   #41
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: offtopic

Quote:
Part of Fury still plays Jump Gate under the Fury name. Other than that Fury in any capacity is gone and the only way it'll ever come back is in the unlikely event that Sid returns to Planetarion.

It would have been nice if the community had stayed together but there was a very good reason why it didn't although I'd rather not go into it on a public forum. A lot of the "core" of people who were Fury round after round are still really close and if I think of my "online friends" it would almost be entirely made up of Ex Fury. It's a pity we don't have any centeral IRC channels rather than just using MSN to keep in touch but to be honest maybe some things are best left buried.
Agreed. It's hard to pinpoint one reason as to why Fury didn't continue on as a community, but I feel Fury was more PA orientated than anything and there isnt any other game that can really capture that.

Hopefully there will be times when alot of ex-Fury can meet up and chat, but you would be surprised how would require an original founding member to pull off. Apart from Cryptic, Sid is the only one still around and 'available'. (Although I haven't seen him since r9.5 began :/)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 00:11   #42
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe LH is easy peasy, i remember once me jugjug and hobbierogue4 setup a farming scheme, whereby i roided jugjug and hobbie constantly to get 4x the roids of the next player down, then i inturn bashed everyone else
its not hard at all to win at LH, and kids out there who do win and feel all big and proud are quite pathetic

ps, New Zealand > speedround. even with the severe time zone disadvantage
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 00:19   #43
Damon
TringTring

Damon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: offtopic

Quote:
Legion is still a community, with at this hour 98 people online at their IRC server.
And they do play other games.

Rnd 3 : 39:23:13 CpV
Rnd 4 : ?:?:? Bluetuba
Rnd 5 : 30:25 VtS
Rnd 6 : 28:9:? VtS
Rnd 7 : 17:6:3 VtS
Rnd 8 : 31:2 Adelante / Fury
Rnd 9 : ?:? Eclipse
Rnd 10 : ?
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote