User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: The GREATEST Pa Group Ever
#cnuts 51 19.25%
#olmit 21 7.92%
#tpe 34 12.83%
#oreocult 7 2.64%
#spacehamsters 68 25.66%
#dyb 21 7.92%
#linux 47 17.74%
#homely 16 6.04%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 22:27   #151
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
#forums is split into lots of different groups though.

Well, actually 3

People we like
People we don't like
People we couldn't care less about
Kumnaa's ace at selling though, he could even get Karmulian to buy a soul!

Unread 19 Jan 2003, 23:31   #152
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
To be quite honest, I am both amazed and disgusted at Kurashima's ommision of #forums from this competition. After all it is these forums hes using that allow this competition to take place.

Sadly I feel its too late for me to start any form of advertising campaign as most people have already voted and so the inclusion of #forums would be futile.
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:24   #153
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
While I am more than a little appreciative of all the help I've had from #linux at times I'm really sorry to have to say this...

This thread makes you look like geeks
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:29   #154
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
While I am more than a little appreciative of all the help I've had from #linux at times I'm really sorry to have to say this...

What's your point?

Jester
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:33   #155
Idi

Quote:

In what way? 99% of the thread has been witty, owning, Internet banter! There have been about 3 replies (out of what, over 150?) where we have had to 'talk techy' due to some annoying scrotum hassling us about the our name.

Next time, think before you jump onto Nod's 'You all look like geeks' bandwagon/penis, as I'm sure Jenny wont be amused.

****ing lesbians :/

Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:39   #156
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
In what way? 99% of the thread has been witty, owning, Internet banter! There have been about 3 replies (out of what, over 150?) where we have had to 'talk techy' due to some annoying scrotum hassling us about the our name.
Everything was fine up to the 'If we wanted to change the poll you'd never know' That just screams 'Script Kiddie' to me and for a group who really does know what they're doing it just sucked, even as banter
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:40   #157
Idi

Quote:
Everything was fine up to the 'If we wanted to change the poll you'd never know' That just screams 'Script Kiddie' to me and for a group who really does know what they're doing it just sucked, even as banter
But megla knows! Don't get 'beefy' with us just because you dont get an in-joke :/

Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:43   #158
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
But megla knows! Don't get 'beefy' with us just because you dont get an in-joke :/
But obviously no-one else gets the in-joke either, hence the impression It makes me sad cos I actually voted #linux cos I think you're ace, even if you did make yourselves look like geeks
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:45   #159
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
But obviously no-one else gets the in-joke either, hence the impression It makes me sad cos I actually voted #linux cos I think you're ace, even if you did make yourselves look like geeks
I believe its quite difficult for somebody to post on an internet forum, to an internet community and not look like a geek
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:46   #160
Idi

Quote:
It makes me sad that you voted #linux too :/

Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:53   #161
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
even if you did make yourselves look like geeks
Isn't being a Geek a "good thing" though? I mean, people seem to glorify being a nerd (news for nerds, etc.) so when was being geeky bad? Nerd and geek often have the same definition as in dictionary.com:
Quote:
b. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
Is this a subtle Trekker/Trekkie type thing?

I've been telling everyone at work that I'm a geek. Does this mean I'm unlikely to get off with the really fit girl from the third floor at the next office party?
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 00:59   #162
Valle
Fakey

Valle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Azghan
blöh. SH should own this thread
Indeed....but for some reason we seem to spam less nowadays

#spacehamsters

<Oreo-> Valle: GÅ Å LEGG DEG!!
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 01:01   #163
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
I've been telling everyone at work that I'm a geek. Does this mean I'm unlikely to get off with the really fit girl from the third floor at the next office party?
The socially inept bit does, yes
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 01:06   #164
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by Valle
you've lost your touch and you're getting on a bit nowadays though aren't you

Unread 20 Jan 2003, 01:08   #165
Valle
Fakey

Valle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
you've lost your touch and you're getting on a bit nowadays though aren't you
Well,we HAVE been around for a while...now where's my cane?

#spacehamsters

<Oreo-> Valle: GÅ Å LEGG DEG!!
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 01:12   #166
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
I am not socially inept.
I was only using Dante's definition to comment on his chances with that girl at a party

I'm gonna shut up now before I have to fix my own ****ups in the future
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 10:27   #167
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i voted for #cnuts as being the channel where i had so much fun the last time i had a computer at home
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 11:23   #168
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

we are geeks.
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 12:20   #169
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
I wonder why being a geek is frowned upon, after all, "Geek by nature..."
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 12:51   #170
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
this page has too many sad faces in it why are you all depressed please dont fight
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 13:08   #171
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Of course it's fking geeky.

Honestly, think about we're discussing (on a forum for an online game) which group of nicknames in a text based chat system constitutes a better group - I mean, fs!
I fail to see how it could get much more geeky, really...

As to "is being labelled geeky a bad thing?", well in this situation no imo, as just about everyone in the discussion pretty much qualifies for that term anyway (in this context, before you all start rabbiting on about social lives).

However, I'd fully expect anyone from a non-net background to find this whole thing scarily geeky and think the participants in need of a good breath of fresh air.

Whether you are actually a geek as the world likes to use the term (ie. you sit behind your keyboard 24/7 and have no mates) is another matter.

QED

Oh and Nod, go home ta.
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 16:16   #172
Idi

I'm not geeky, I dont wear glasses or have acne!

Unread 20 Jan 2003, 16:57   #173
Oye
free

Oye is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Valle
no worries, Deffeh maintains the memory of our glorious past
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 18:27   #174
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by zetaQuda
clearly Spacehamsters
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 18:28   #175
SoliD

SoliD is an unknown quantity at this point
WHY the fu~k arnt my killingsmurfs on their?????

X - GLX
X - Tuba
X - ViruS
X - LCH
X - FAnG
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 18:30   #176
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road
Olmit > *
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 18:31   #177
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past
WERE THE HELL IS DTA!!!!

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 18:31   #178
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
#forums is split into lots of different groups though.

Well, actually 3

People we like
People we don't like
People we couldn't care less about

and you we couldent care less about
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 08:08   #179
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
i want an option for everyone to lose.
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 14:35   #180
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

I want an option for weeks to lose
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 14:45   #181
Idi

kumnaa has aids, can't you grant a dieing boy his last wish?

Unread 21 Jan 2003, 19:22   #182
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
cnuts own you
cnuts own you
cos you all smell like donkey poop
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 21:57   #183
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

My favorite song is The Ballad Bilbo Baggins by Leonard Nimoy

http://homepage.mac.com/evanbaumgard...eTheater6.html
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 22:26   #184
Rocklobster[Dok]
Victuri te Salutant

Rocklobster[Dok] is an unknown quantity at this point
baha you forgott the Elites, losers

Rock

A regular day on the lego server:
<Alf> We are Gren's bitches.. we should be proud to hump his legs
<Alf> wanna swap legs Nexus?
<Alf> This leg of Gren is smooth.. but I like some hair now
<Nexus> sure m8
<Nexus> i want the shaven now
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 11:00   #185
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
i've killed u btw starbucks

to be honest i've never even heard of #linux

to me it sounds like a channel for the nerds from high-school.
i could be wrong to, but it SOUNDS like a really geeky place.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 20:33   #186
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I'd go for #cnuts.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 21:26   #187
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I'd go for #cnuts.
You'd go for anything in a skirt!
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:40   #188
Golin
Retard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
You'd go for anything in a skirt!
skirts are nice!
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:42   #189
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
wtf

#linux can't win. **** sake.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:44   #190
Golin
Retard

Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
wtf

#linux can't win. **** sake.
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 21:33   #191
miffo

SH 0wnz you anytime

Unread 23 Jan 2003, 21:35   #192
f!sk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
The poll looks over now, might as well declare #linux the winners.
ITS NOT OVER!

Unread 23 Jan 2003, 22:12   #193
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Seems as though #spacehamsters has more votes
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 22:25   #194
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
i demand #windows to be on that list!!!!

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 22:25   #195
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Last time i was in #linux they banned me because im a linux n00b and asked too much questions, hence why i voted #spacehamsters
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 22:26   #196
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 22:36   #197
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
This poll is closing in 2 hrs 24 minutes. Midnight GMT.

Grab all your gimmick accounts , call in all your favours. An OFFICIAL winner is declared TONIGHT!.

(#Linux and #Spacehamsters. Your threads really should be taken down just now, because one of you is heading for a fall this evening).
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 22:40   #198
zecco
Sex God

zecco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by zetaQuda
clearly Spacehamsters
[20:35] * Scorpio starts to sing "...ive got the whole nos at my door, ive got the whole damn nos at my door..."
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 22:50   #199
PAsucks0rs

i dont even know what Planetarion is.. i dont know what those channels are.. heck i havent even been to the netgamers IRC..

i just voted cuz someone told me to

Unread 23 Jan 2003, 22:53   #200
Valle the rocker
pornstar

Valle the rocker is an unknown quantity at this point
clearly calling old favours was the thing to do =)
r2- 42:15:24 Jimmie of Planet Ejp
r3- 32:19:13 John Shaft of Shout Your Mouth
r4- 217:14:1 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz..
r5- 27:2:13 Tired of Spinners Lies
r6- 13:17:13 one of your farms
r7- 34:1:25, 19:15:13 and 47:19:4 Valle of #spacehamsters (random)
r8- 45:8:5 One of your worst nightmares
r9- 44:6:1 Hamsters of Space
r9.5 - 14:7:17 Masters of The Universe (main planet out of ~10)
Closed Thread