User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 14:24   #1
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Stats

I heard PA team was working on a new set of stats for rnd 13. (I can be wrong here.) Seems like this is the time to make some suggestions on that front. First of all I have 2 considerations.

1. Combat engine
I heard the combat engine will not change. That means old fashioned stealing or multi tick combat will not return. Subverted ships will be made killable if they succeed in coding that in the current combat engine correctly.

2. Combat
I heard they are not too happy with the current rock/paper/scissor type of combat.

My suggestion:
Increase armor and/or reduce damage. Fix the weakest points in every races fleets. (I know not a very stunnign suggestion.) That will:
1. make attacking easier
2. make it possible to attack more different races without suffering too much damage
3. improve the balance between zik/cath and the other races (subverting/emping will be less effective)
4. make sending hostile defenders less effective (xans defending to help attacking ziks who subvert the xan ships)

Any more ideas? (General ideas plz, I don't expect ' them' to just copy a set of stats you created.)
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS