User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 19 May 2011, 21:08   #1
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Round 42 shipstats discussion

Discussion thread for the stats found here.

Last edited by Patrikc; 25 May 2011 at 19:05.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2011, 21:18   #2
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Round 42 shipstats discussion

From the other thread (on suggestion forums):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
cath co is a bit strong, changing 1 to norm should fix that.
I don't think they're too strong. They're still EMP, they'll have trouble with Etd Fr, Ter De and Zik De as well as Cat Co itself. Only thing I don't like about Cath is that they have 9 ships.
I might make Viper normal init 7, change Broker to 6 (or Banshee 4), making Cath a bit weaker to Fr incs while still being able to attack Etd with Xan.

Quote:
xan is way too hitable.
Agreed.

Quote:
ter is not hitable enough.
It has huge problems with Cat Co and Ter/Etd Bs, while not being able to hit much itself. Races being able to roid eachother often balance themselves out
(to an extend of course). I was thinking of changing Syren to Cr, though.

Quote:
zik looks reasonable, always hard to play.

etd looks ok
I rather like Zik, really. Zero loss defense has always benefited Zik the most.
Etd is a bit teamup reliant on bigger targets, but should be able to roid easily early in the round.
Unread 20 May 2011, 15:44   #3
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

you could just switch the init of phnx and wyvern

would allow xans to effectively defend against terran BS
would class up the xan fr fleet in general
and weaken terran a lil bit

for cathaar you could remove the widow completely, which will make cathaar a bit less attractive for alliances
and yet again class up xans Ghost for ally defence (remember the switch of the terran inits)

cheers

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2011, 20:45   #4
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
you could just switch the init of phnx and wyvern

would allow xans to effectively defend against terran BS
would class up the xan fr fleet in general
and weaken terran a lil bit

for cathaar you could remove the widow completely, which will make cathaar a bit less attractive for alliances
and yet again class up xans Ghost for ally defence (remember the switch of the terran inits)

cheers
shouldn't we wait till after the RAPTURE
Unread 20 May 2011, 20:53   #5
Patrikc

I really really dislike making cr/bs attackships weak to fr/de ship (without there being at least EMP to help). Even if only Xan had (a Fr) anti-Ter Bs, it'd make it so muhc less viable.

Donar, what was that post needed for? :/
Unread 20 May 2011, 23:18   #6
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to address some of your points Patrikc - Xan are not that bad. They can choose to build Spectre against Terran BS and fire first at Dragons, and can also fire at Etd BS for free.

Though yes, still vulnerable to Zik / Ter DE and three EMP fleets. However stacking on Revenants and FI in general (which will be naturally high in number anyway as most will have FI as an attack fleet) will help to make this less of a weakness. Though Cath CR will be a constant headache all round. Just IMO Xan are far from unplayable at the moment.
Unread 21 May 2011, 06:05   #7
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I really really dislike making cr/bs attackships weak to fr/de ship (without there being at least EMP to help). Even if only Xan had (a Fr) anti-Ter Bs, it'd make it so muhc less viable.
ok, i can see your points...however a terran bs player is unroidable by any fr/de fleet....

what about makin the syren a CR then? (init 9?)
drake init to 8 at the same time
at least terran de could roid terran bs players then

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2011, 13:53   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=211919514144

only suggestion I would make would is....

Phoenix Corvette Fr to Phoenix Corvette Fi
Pegasus Destroyer Fi to Pegasus Destroyer Fr

Spectre Cruiser Bs Cloak 5
to Spectre Cruiser Bs Cloak 8

As there is no Fi class anti de kinda makes the pegs a redundant attack ship. Also Means that ter now have ally eta anti fi being a down side if that is a concern then...

Phoenix Corvette Fr to Phoenix Frigate Fi
(tweak the cost/armour/damage and emp res accordingly)

to make xan fi more roidable on terrans (without having to do a fi/co combo and leaving the revs being open to harpy/cutlass def) and ter bs more roidable on xans (after early - mid round).
Unread 22 May 2011, 10:39   #9
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Ter BS is good as it is and doesn't need to get nerfed. Ter DE is awesome and the Syren is one of the few ships that stop them ingal, as CR aren't that great vs. DE and the zik DE teamups have a good anti-CR ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
ok, i can see your points...however a terran bs player is unroidable by any fr/de fleet....

what about makin the syren a CR then? (init 9?)
drake init to 8 at the same time
at least terran de could roid terran bs players then
This change would make DE too powerfull. Out of the FR/DE it's the FR that have the main problems. DE
are already very powerfull and ter/etd BS planets are the only ones they can't land atm, and there aren't any ally anti-DE ships that aren't needed on offence. FR again have the phoenix vs. them, and one of the only 0 loss defships in the game with the smuggler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=211919514144

only suggestion I would make would is....

Phoenix Corvette Fr to Phoenix Corvette Fi
Pegasus Destroyer Fi to Pegasus Destroyer Fr

Spectre Cruiser Bs Cloak 5
to Spectre Cruiser Bs Cloak 8

As there is no Fi class anti de kinda makes the pegs a redundant attack ship. Also Means that ter now have ally eta anti fi being a down side if that is a concern then...

Phoenix Corvette Fr to Phoenix Frigate Fi
(tweak the cost/armour/damage and emp res accordingly)

to make xan fi more roidable on terrans (without having to do a fi/co combo and leaving the revs being open to harpy/cutlass def) and ter bs more roidable on xans (after early - mid round).
Wouldn't make these changes either, the phoenix is good as it is and sort of a "limited" ship if Ter's want BS on offence. It kind of splits their fleet. Another ally-anti-FI ship is surely not needed either as there are enough of them so keep the Pegasus as it is.

Spectre is good as it is to keep for Xans willing to do that third shipresearch as nost having to do it is of big benefit for Xans the first few weeks, and they seldom want to do it. Spectre balances out BS dominance well if used.

Only change I'd see to these stats is 1 more ally anti-DE ship, since the only 2 ones that exist are needed on offence. Maybe give that to ETD instead of the Recluse? A FI class anti-DE ship?
Unread 22 May 2011, 11:17   #10
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Are these stats relatively finished so looking at them is worthwhile or can one expect a lot of changes? Sounds from comments here that there is not a ton that needs to be changed?
Unread 22 May 2011, 12:10   #11
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
Wouldn't make these changes either, the phoenix is good as it is and sort of a "limited" ship if Ter's want BS on offence. It kind of splits their fleet. Another ally-anti-FI ship is surely not needed either as there are enough of them so keep the Pegasus as it is.
Its why I suggest making pegs de class anti fr and making the phoenix fr class anti fi if an extra ally eta anti fi was a concern. The thing that would put me off going xan is having to send revs with my fi fleet to go roiding even with cloak advantage.

The way I would DC a xan inc on a ter is get spider defence (Spiders are 156% v revs = pretty damn effective) to freeze the revs and / or phantom defence (Phantoms are 123% effective v revs... they KILL + fire before revs) tell the ter to keep harpy (0 loss on revs hence xan fi/co combos) pegs home now get a free hit into the xan fi (too easy to stop imo)

If the above changes were implimented its means that xans can now attack using pure fi (no 0 loss options against it) and only beetles (ally eta emp) ,shadow (non ally eta kill) and recluse (non ally eta emp) fire before it does. Revs also become purely a defensive ship

Overall my suggested change would make xan a bit stronger (with better options for using fi for attack) and ter a bit weaker (More Fi vunerable) without nerfing their BS fleet.

The impression I get from other players is having a set of stats where you can roid solo and not resort to 5 man plus team ups to land anything.

Last edited by Paisley; 22 May 2011 at 12:19. Reason: missed out recluse
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2011, 12:18   #12
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Well, xan fi can already roid ziks, cath AND etds solo... not like they will be lacking a ton of targets. And just the fact that Terrans have to build both pegs and harps, as well having to keep both home incase it is a fake means terrans will already have to spend a lot of res on anti fico
Unread 22 May 2011, 12:48   #13
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Well, xan fi can already roid ziks, cath AND etds solo... not like they will be lacking a ton of targets. And just the fact that Terrans have to build both pegs and harps, as well having to keep both home incase it is a fake means terrans will already have to spend a lot of res on anti fico
As there is no Fi class anti de ... pegs would only be acting as anti syren/tycoon/rev/viper/roach flak for the other de on attack. No different if pegs were made de class anti fr

Harpy will have to be built as anti cath co anyway (and im sure it will be a requirement for most allies to build them for defence)
Unread 22 May 2011, 12:51   #14
isildurx

I don't really see the problem though. So what if Xans can't attack Terrans with fi, you can't expect them to be able to roid everyone.
And pegs can't really be used safely ingal vs xan fi either as the terran would have to send harps along too, meaning a cluster**** is imminent.
Unread 22 May 2011, 13:34   #15
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
I don't really see the problem though. So what if Xans can't attack Terrans with fi, you can't expect them to be able to roid everyone.
I can see Ter Bs will have a free reign for the first few 100 ticks or so.

Quote:
And pegs can't really be used safely ingal vs xan fi either as the terran would have to send harps along too, meaning a cluster**** is imminent.
As I said in an earlier post about spiders and phantoms can hit revs 0 loss and fire before the revs does (which are ally eta and are likely to be readily available) when the revs are taken care of pegs are 0 loss anti fi

Nothing stopping the target/ter gal seeking ingal rogues to compliment ingal peg defence To cover the xan fi/co inc.

Depends what Patrikc wants from the stats wether it is attacking stats or defensive ones or a mix. I Would welcome a responce from Patrikc on his plans for the stats.
Unread 22 May 2011, 13:57   #16
isildurx

Ter BS will undoubtedly start off very good, though focusing too much on BS will mean that cath CO and other ter BS will roid you silly.

I'm not saying Terran don't look very good, I'm just saying that I don't think xans need any more targets for soloing.
Unread 22 May 2011, 15:02   #17
Patrikc

What I want with these stats, as I said earlier, is to give each race/fleet two viable (solo) attack options, with a ship available that can defend against it easily. Currently it looks like this:

Code:
Ter De -> Cat, Zik | +z=Xan | 
Ter Bs -> Ter, Cat, Xan(<3), Zik, Etd
--hit by: Cat Co, Etd Bs, Ter Bs

Cat Co -> Ter, Cat, Xan, Zik, Etd
Cat Cr -> Zik, Etd | +z=Xan |
--hit by: IT'S EMP DAMNIT - only Cat Cr can't hit it ^^

Xan Fi -> Cat, Zik, Etd | +c=Ter/Xan 
Xan Fr -> Xan, Cat, Etd
--hit by: Ter Bs, Cat Co, Xan Fr, Zik De, Zik Cr, Etd Fr

Zik De -> Cat, Xan, Zik
Zik Cr -> Cat, Xan | +c=Ter, Zik, Etd
--hit by: Ter De, Ter Bs, Cat, Zik De

Etd Fr -> Cat, Xan | +x=Etd
Etd Bs -> Ter, Cat | +t=Xan, Zik, Etd 
--hit by: Ter Bs, Cat Co, Cat Cr, Xan Fi, Xan Fr
It looks alright to be honest. Yes, Ter Bs has a lot of roiding options, but since they're able to roid themselves ON TOP of being craptastically weak to Cath Co, I think they're not overpowered (much).

Quote:
As there is no Fi class anti de ... pegs would only be acting as anti syren/tycoon/rev/viper/roach flak for the other de on attack. No different if pegs were made de class anti fr
Of course there is a difference. It would mean it is MUCH harder for Fr to attack, since there are now two free-fire ships. Zik's De won't be built too much since they have no racial Fr to go along with it, AND Xans can send Revs along versus just Smugglers.

And I don't want Ter to be weak vs Xan Fi. Cat Co alone is bad enough.

Last edited by Patrikc; 22 May 2011 at 20:18. Reason: gramm0r
Unread 22 May 2011, 19:36   #18
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Although my opinion means diddly shit i have to say that these are the evenest set of stats we have seen in a while (appocomaster should be banned from touching them!!!)

There is numerous viable combinations and solo roiding fleets and everyone can hit lots of other stuff.

Well done Patrikc you may have actually created a set of stats that will mean a round is won on skill of play rather than which ally has the most opped fleets.

Im thinking atm my personal preference is the Cath Cr/ Zik Cr combo as it seems not as much can roid you, especially if your bped and can cross cover ingal.

Personal opinion tho...
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2011, 21:36   #19
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

DE need one more ship that can defend vs. them from ally, otherwise they'll be very overpowered. Why not make the phoenix anti-DE or give etd or zik an anti-DE FI/CO class ship?

I think the first option is better. There are then an equal amount of ally def anti-FR/DE ships, and it's not a huge change for Ter. Also balances out FR and DE. Now it's leaning way too much toward DE with FR having Smugglers vs. them and more anti-FR FI/CO class ships. Smugglers alone will be a big problem for them and is one of the largest offensive weaknesses in those stats at the moment. Gamewise that is, not that it's a shit thing from the stats! They're good!

Last edited by Buly; 22 May 2011 at 21:43.
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2011, 22:54   #20
Patrikc

De already is weak as there is NO possible way for them to get through Syren/Tycoon. Every other attackfleet has either EMP or low inits to compensate.

And don't forget, it's single targeting, fr/de can't "fort" like usually. Both Zik and Ter are very open to Cath incs. I might consider lowering the cost of Cutlass/Harpy a little bit, which will make them easier to EMP when there's cheap Xan flak. Alternatively, increase Beetle ERes for Spider def on Zik/Ter.
Unread 24 May 2011, 07:34   #21
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Hey Pat, any idea when these may be "finalised" so we can scrutinise a little further?? Just doesn't seem like much is going to be changed....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2011, 15:29   #22
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Though Cath CR will be a constant headache all round. Just IMO Xan are far from unplayable at the moment.
Unless your looking at a different set of stats to me, then Cath Cr won't be a problem for Xan seeing as none of its CR hit fr, yet Xans anti Cr is the Spirit, a frigate....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2011, 15:52   #23
Patrikc

They're as good as done at the moment, the only thing I'm wondering about is whether or not to remove the Locust.
Unread 24 May 2011, 17:23   #24
isildurx

The stats looks pretty good to me. I haven't looked at the efficiencies, but is it not generally so that caths struggle bigtime when they don't have a viable killship or two in single-stats rounds?

I think all races are playable tbh.
Unread 24 May 2011, 22:56   #25
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Unless your looking at a different set of stats to me, then Cath Cr won't be a problem for Xan seeing as none of its CR hit fr, yet Xans anti Cr is the Spirit, a frigate....
Fair point. I must read the stats more closely and not assume there's a Cath CR anti FR ship.

That said, it just makes Xan even more playable in my mind.
Unread 25 May 2011, 01:47   #26
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Sooo... Ter bs wins? Why would you make a fleet able to roid everyone just about? Why wouldnt everyone just go Ter bs?

Yes the spectre beats ter bs, but xans wont build spectres because they will need the fr flack so they will build ghosts.

And you say there weakness is cath co, sure harpy is garbage vs beetle but just becaue 1 fleet out of the game can roid them doenst make it fair that they can roid everyone else. Fix the init on either the wyvren or syren, preferably the syren so that it shoots after De gets to fire back. Other than that stats look pretty cr/bs heavy but meh.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2011, 06:23   #27
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

But Terran BS roids itself so if everyone went Terr BS then you would never keep any roids.

In a round where every race is playable and has 1 decent roiding fleet then people will naturally lean towards there favourite race instead of whats OP. Especially in ST rounds.

Yes the stats have finished up cr/bs heavy but in a way thats a good thing. overall fi/co isnt playable as an alliance strategy which i believe is something you wanted when you made the stats Tia but failed.

Just accept that Patrikc made a good set of stats and for once we might have quite an even round of PA. Where activity and skill play as important role as who you know and where you are
Unread 25 May 2011, 08:37   #28
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

But having everyone go cr/bs is the same as everyone going fi/co. It stagnates. The perfect set of stats is where an alliance has to have equal parts of every race and ship builds. This set DOES NOT do that because there is a race that is better than all the rest. If its only weakness is a hole, then its too easy to cover that hole. Who cares if ter bs roids itself. ITs stupid easy to flagship a Ter bs planet to #1. Which at this point is likely. Once a Ter gets a goodly roid lead off there unstoppable roiding fleet. The alliance defense keeps them safe and they win with out much of a threat. There has to be SOME weakness to ter bs other than they can be roided by fleets that dont actually hurt them.

Having a fleet that practically can not lose value is going to ruin the game. Every other fleet has atleast a ship that fire before it, same init, or free fire. Except for ter bs, and the guardian doesnt count because it emp.
Unread 25 May 2011, 09:35   #29
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
There has to be SOME weakness to ter bs other than they can be roided by fleets that dont actually hurt them.
I agree to a point with this. However I see Ter stats as a part of a whole, and the current stats are infact balanced if you look at ship stats alone.

The fact that Ter got 25% salvage AND a far too high C output should be taken into consideration when doing ter stats.

Stats needs to reflect that if you defend with X ter fleets/ships + salvage bonus, it shouldnīt be a "clear win", far too many times in rnd 41 itīs been a 25% of att fleet that would come out + in value. Itīs to be said tho, that current stats isnīt as Ter BS op'ed as rnd 41, but still unbalanced regarding salvage bonus.

Try doing some calcs patrikc, where you look at Ter defending against other races - It could be tweaked a bit tbh, the A/C and D/C needs to match the salvage bonus - or better yet remove that damn bonus - it makes sense with cath, sure, but a kill ship class with equal/superior ship stats to the remaining races just tilts the balance.

And spare me for the well xan is cloaked, ziks can stea, cath got insane initl bs - itīs just not comparable with Ter bonusses.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2011, 11:25   #30
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
But having everyone go cr/bs is the same as everyone going fi/co. It stagnates..
One major difference between Bs/cr and Fi/co is that you can fake de as Bs/cr ... especially when it is a ST round
Unread 25 May 2011, 12:03   #31
Tiamat101

Still wont matter because every one will be the same planets. If a round is a "meta-class" round then its boring and not fun. But if everyone does something else, has there own niche then its fun.
Unread 25 May 2011, 13:05   #32
isildurx

Quote:
But having everyone go cr/bs is the same as everyone going fi/co. It stagnates. The perfect set of stats is where an alliance has to have equal parts of every race and ship builds. .
Except it is not the same. Not only can bs be covered with two metaclasses, unlike fico, it also has a slower eta making it be less problematic to cover than fico. Furthermore, as has been mentioned, crbs can be faked as both fi/co/fr/de opening up a whole range of new possibilities, compared to those offered by FICO.
Moreover, I would love to see a set of stats where having "equal amounts of each race" is the way, as far as I know such a set of stats is nigh on impossible to happen, as in essence every race would have to have the same podclasses.

Quote:
This set DOES NOT do that because there is a race that is better than all the rest. If its only weakness is a hole, then its too easy to cover that hole. Who cares if ter bs roids itself. ITs stupid easy to flagship a Ter bs planet to #1. Which at this point is likely. Once a Ter gets a goodly roid lead off there unstoppable roiding fleet. The alliance defense keeps them safe and they win with out much of a threat. There has to be SOME weakness to ter bs other than they can be roided by fleets that dont actually hurt them. .
I'm quite simply baffled by your "logic", as far as I can see you are simply WRONG here. First of all, the ter roiding fleet is far from unstoppable. Furthermore, concerning getting deffed by your ally, it doesnt matter what race you are, lolwaves will require a ton of allydef regardless, whether these are covered depends more on the ally/gal than on the race of the player. Also, I seriously doubt any ally would want to have a fatass terran planet in their ranks with minimal anti co and bs who gets plenty of waves of inc every day demanding to be deffed due to his fatness. It is too easy to say that "the weakness will be plugged by the ally", as numerous rounds xans have been immune to ficofrde incs yet they have been roided silly by crbs. The game simply doesn't work the way you claim.

Quote:
Having a fleet that practically can not lose value is going to ruin the game. Every other fleet has atleast a ship that fire before it, same init, or free fire. Except for ter bs, and the guardian doesnt count because it emp.
Yet again you are wrong. Let me introduce you to xan fi, a fleet which most rounds have fired before every other race except cath, yet have a number of times been one of the weakest races.

The way I see it, if anything should be done to terran it isn't in regards to targetting, rather what should be looked at is the efficiency of their bs(it can't be too high) and, as previously mentioned, making sure that their salvagebonus is taken into account so that they aren't overpowered in def.
Unread 25 May 2011, 13:17   #33
isildurx

Furthermore, you are forgetting a very important thing. In single-targetting rounds the attacker has relatively more flack to go through(due to splitting his value into more ships than he would normally do).

Therefore, here's two quite posible situations we might face next round.
Assuming that it is a ter BS heavy round both the defending planets have proportionally more anti bs than they'd normally have:

http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=r48gczh1q42q9xw
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=y9wlbnw2qse2doj

And this is without an ounce of ally def..

edit: I know that xans might be very likely to go for fi in attack, however, I think most xans would have plenty of fr both for faking and to stop bs(after all is GUARANTEED TO BE A BS DOMINATED ROUND).
Unread 25 May 2011, 15:34   #34
Patrikc

I can most certainly understand the 'fear' of a Ter Bs dominated round - especially after last one. However, as isildurx pointed out, there's a big difference between ST and MT. Last round, Ter could get away with building 3 ships, with maybe a few Phoenix (though De was nearly non existant). With these stats, they already have to build just 3 ships to attack properly. Then they also have to spend a lot on Chimeras if they want to ever be able to stop Ter Bs (oh hai), on top of that they need a ton of Harpies.

That said, I agree 100% that Ter's racial bonuses have been out of line for way too long. The best construction speed by far, good research AND 25% SALVAGE BONUS. It's ridiculous and hopefully I can finally convince Appoco/whoever to lower them a bit.
Unread 25 May 2011, 17:37   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Removing the salvage bonus altogether and dropping the research speed by 10 RP/tick seems like a prudent move.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2011, 17:49   #36
isildurx

Yeah totally agree there
Unread 29 May 2011, 13:39   #37
isildurx

Any news on changes to stats or removal of ter bonus?
Unread 29 May 2011, 22:53   #38
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

from #beta:

[19:01] <ZmF> Patrikc
[19:02] <ZmF> ive noticed that both DE pods have very low EMP res
[19:02] <ZmF> did u do this with a reason?
[19:03] * Joins: Tia ([email protected])
[19:03] * P sets mode: +l 25
[19:38] <Patrikc> Nope, both pods were Fi/Co before, just forgot to adjust those.
[19:40] <ZmF> will u change this for the finals or keep it this way
[19:40] <ZmF> cuz vs emp u need to spam pods rly
[19:43] <Patrikc> Just changed it.
[19:45] <ZmF> cool
[19:55] <Patrikc> Going to slightly lower Ter Bs efficiencies, juggle a bit with Xans and increasing Etds.
[19:55] <Patrikc> Nothing going over, say, 5% difference though.
[19:57] <ZmF> ur doing a great job mate
[19:57] <ZmF> tried ter and zik so far
[19:57] <ZmF> to bad theres such a few players
[19:58] <ZmF> going afk again
[20:00] <Patrikc>
[20:00] <Patrikc> If you've any other feedback, just throw it out here or pm.
Unread 30 May 2011, 00:39   #39
Patrikc

Man you totally twisted my words there!

Changes 30/05 around midnight gametime:

Code:
Syren Armour 67 -> 69
Wyvern Armour 74 -> 71
Wyvern Damage 48 -> 47
Dragon Armour 78 -> 77
Dragon Damage 53 -> 52

Banshee cost 60/60/60 -> 59/59/59
Shadow Damage 14 -> 13
Spirit cost 150/150/150 -> 130/130/130
Spirit damage 20 -> 17
Spirit armour 17 -> 15
Spirit ERes 73 -> 70
Spectre Armour 25 -> 27
Spectre damage 32 -> 33

Smuggler Armour 33 -> 32
Clipper ERes 87 -> 86

Lancer ERes 60 -> 64
Recluse Cost 100/116/100 -> 95/112/95
Recluse Armour 15 -> 14
Peacekeeper Damage 32 -> 35
Tycoon Damage 37 -> 38
Tycoon Armour 34 -> 35
Guardian guns 12 -> 13
Main goals of these were to slightly nerf Ter Bs, bring Spirit closer to Shadow/Ghost, slightly buff Banshee/Xan anti-Fr, increase Cr a bit through Dragon/Spirit/Clipper nerfs and finally to buff Etd a bit as they're looking the least attractive in my opinion.
Unread 30 May 2011, 12:03   #40
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

fireblade and peacekeeper are insanely weak. weaker than zik de and they are cr!
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2011, 12:10   #41
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

tbh, clipper and fireblade arm/dmg/cost should be swapped. so clipper is a less powerful ship than fireblade but fires earlier as is smaller.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 30 May 2011, 20:56   #42
Reincarnate
ToF

ok here is what i think:

slightly nurf zik, slightly buff etd (easiest is to fix each ones cr slightly)
slight nurf cat (probably just beetle and only very slightly)

(also, double check costs as some dont seem correct on etd)

Unread 30 May 2011, 22:31   #43
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Stats don't look half bad impressed pat very impressed keep up the good work

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2011, 22:56   #44
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

although this was said in #beta and #planetarion i thought patrikc might actually read it if it was here:

Agreeing with Rein - slightly nerf zik and slightly buff etd

As it stands although there is a general evenness most ppl will still be drawn to zik de and etd looks the weakest race overall. Only minor changes needed - the effiency of the Clipper for starters - it kinda beats all CR ships hands down and is sitting in the best race/class so will be in a large abundance atm.
Unread 31 May 2011, 00:02   #45
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
- the effiency of the Clipper for starters.
Word !!
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2011, 01:21   #46
Patrikc

I really think this whole Clipper thing is being exaggerated by a LOT. Yes, Zik De is good against Cr (or rather, Cr is bad against Zik), It isn't even unrealistic. Ter De can be hit by Cat Co, Zik De can be hit by Xan Fi. Good galaxies will crossdef, of course, but both races are quite weak vs Bs and they have little synergy in countering it.

As for Etd, there are several changes I had in mind.

a) Change Lancer to Co->Co stealship. This would, in my opinion, make Etd infinitely more interesting, though it could lead to massively farmed (donated?) Etds. Its init would be after Cutlass, and its damage/cost wouldn't exceed Cat Co's lowest A/C so no value steals. Would feel a lot better about this change if you couldn't gain value on salvage.

b) Change Broker to Cloaked. Small change to increase (Etd) Fr's viability, as well as opening a few more fake options for Fr/Bs planets.
b2) Change Broker's target to De. An option I'm still not too sure about, but it would definitely help Etd, while hurting the strong De fleets.

c) Make the Peacekeeper (the Cr->Fr) EMP while changing the Fireblade's init to 21 (shooting before Pirate) - allows Etd Cr/Bs to attack solo, being stopped by only Fireblades, and if they can steal some Cr pods Cat/Etd/Zik Cr is quite strong.

Won't change anything for at least another day to get some feedback on these possible changes as well as thinking more about the OP Clipper! ;o

One thing I'll definitely do though is make sure all Cruisers are more expensive than Destroyers. It'll make Reincarnate's day for sure!

Last edited by Patrikc; 31 May 2011 at 12:26. Reason: b2
Unread 31 May 2011, 06:45   #47
isildurx

The best thing about ziks is easily their 0-loss anti FR ship imo. Means you can spend all those res usually put into anti fr into different ships.

I agree that ziks are strong, but I wouldn't nerf them. They will probably have to build 3 shipsclasses so their res will be spread quite thin. If they are indeed OP then perhaps giving one of the FR fleets a anti de ship could be an idea.
Unread 31 May 2011, 06:57   #48
isildurx

Also, I really like the Lancer and Broker changes. The Lancer change also strengthens xan, a race which seemingly very few are thinking of going. Easier for xans to (fake) attack etds now. The Broker on the other hand makes faking as etd easier.
Unread 31 May 2011, 12:24   #49
Patrikc

Well, going along with the Lancer change here, Broker could be changed into a cloaked Fr->De ship, as I doubt anyone would use Broker for anti-Co instead of Lancer. It could end up hurting De's offensive capabilities by a LOT though. But Ter has Bs to reliably attack with, while Zik will have Fi/Co to tag along with Cat/Xan (not all Ziks, obviously).

Just another thing to consider.
Unread 31 May 2011, 12:36   #50
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
.....though it could lead to massively farmed (donated?) Etds.......
That seems like a very good reason to not make that change.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote