User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Aug 2014, 12:54   #1
OvenVilson

OvenVilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you believe in an afterlife?

Share your opinions please..
Unread 18 Aug 2014, 21:12   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Do you believe in an afterlife?

Yes I do... kind of
Unread 18 Aug 2014, 21:35   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I do believe in the bible and the afterlife that is described in it
Unread 20 Aug 2014, 10:48   #4
klu

yes i do
Unread 20 Aug 2014, 14:13   #5
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

I don't, i believe you are yourself till the day you die, and then your body is nothing but a lifeless shell. I don't believe that the "soul" is a magical thing that can detach itself from the body to pass on.

And if it was the case, what are it gonna be passed on too?
Clearly NOONE that has written any "religious" stories/books, has experienced how it is to move on to a afterlife, so clearly all that you read there is utter bias.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2014, 16:14   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
And if it was the case, what are it gonna be passed on too?
Clearly NOONE that has written any "religious" stories/books, has experienced how it is to move on to a afterlife, so clearly all that you read there is utter bias.
Jesus was seen by people after his resurrection as stated in the gospel of John chapter 20.

Verse 29 stands out... Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

One way to find out if it is true and not Biased is the 2nd coming of Jesus and when prophecies come to pass in our life time that are written
Unread 21 Aug 2014, 19:24   #7
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

I personally dont believe that there is an afterlife.

But hey we all will have to wait and see
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2014, 14:46   #8
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Jesus was seen by people after his resurrection as stated in the gospel of John chapter 20.

Verse 29 stands out... Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

One way to find out if it is true and not Biased is the 2nd coming of Jesus and when prophecies come to pass in our life time that are written
I can also write a book about a person ressurecting, but it does not make it true. And noone alive today can confirm wether or not Jesus actually was "son of god" or just that era's big supercelebrity like todays actors.

There are so many flaws in the bible, that you either need lack of logic to interpret as truth or just "blind faith" like you said, and be "delusional happy"

Only thing about the Bible i like, is the stories that give some people morale guidance, as they clearly can't figure out the difference of wrong and right by themselves.

And by quoting different books/verses will not change my mind at all, i was raised by christians, by grandmother was even overly religious (raised by nuns). So i do know my portion of the Bible.

My overall conclusion: Moses made up God, to keep his slaves (people) in check. He tried to herd a bunch of people that had been supressed all their lives, so the best solution was to create a higher power and some rules for these people to go by. So it wouldn't end up in this group butchering each other and others.
Unread 23 Aug 2014, 20:42   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
I can also write a book about a person ressurecting, but it does not make it true. And noone alive today can confirm wether or not Jesus actually was "son of god" or just that era's big supercelebrity like todays actors.

There are so many flaws in the bible, that you either need lack of logic to interpret as truth or just "blind faith" like you said, and be "delusional happy"

Only thing about the Bible i like, is the stories that give some people morale guidance, as they clearly can't figure out the difference of wrong and right by themselves.

And by quoting different books/verses will not change my mind at all, i was raised by christians, by grandmother was even overly religious (raised by nuns). So i do know my portion of the Bible.

My overall conclusion: Moses made up God, to keep his slaves (people) in check. He tried to herd a bunch of people that had been supressed all their lives, so the best solution was to create a higher power and some rules for these people to go by. So it wouldn't end up in this group butchering each other and others.
To say that moses made up God when the bible has the numbers of The chromosomes via pillars of Boaz and Jachin in height in cubits (1 kings 7) and the speed of light in miles per second (numbers 2:9)

This knowledge that Man alone in his day would not have access to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B1t9iJgZMk
A video that came across a couple of days ago on youtube explaining the bible's Judgements and what to expect in the after life.

Another subject I have been looking into is that the soul could be a quantium computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPLbWsYhZMA

And how it could be scientifically possible to have say an out of body experience and that quantium computing is a fairly new idea.
Unread 24 Aug 2014, 10:49   #10
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
To say that moses made up God when the bible has the numbers of The chromosomes via pillars of Boaz and Jachin in height in cubits (1 kings 7) and the speed of light in miles per second (numbers 2:9)

This knowledge that Man alone in his day would not have access to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B1t9iJgZMk
A video that came across a couple of days ago on youtube explaining the bible's Judgements and what to expect in the after life.

Another subject I have been looking into is that the soul could be a quantium computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPLbWsYhZMA

And how it could be scientifically possible to have say an out of body experience and that quantium computing is a fairly new idea.
But this is all imagery, a nice word based on the word imagination. There is no science behind any of this. It almost borderline to the insane in some people's cases. And new theories doesn't help to back up any fictional 2000 year old bed stories.
Unread 27 Aug 2014, 11:14   #11
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
But this is all imagery, a nice word based on the word imagination. There is no science behind any of this. It almost borderline to the insane in some people's cases. And new theories doesn't help to back up any fictional 2000 year old bed stories.
I'm not sure what I can say, I had a couple of days to think about it ... The only conclusion I can say is ... You have been given freewill to believe what you want to believe.

However I still don't want to have that attitude when you say...

Quote:
At the same time I want to test this...

Quote:
So i do know my portion of the Bible.
Hosea 4:6 King James Bible
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

What is right and what is wrong? God has a high standard so much so only Jesus was able to keep to it.

Romans 6:23 King James Bible
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Isaiah 64:6 King James Version
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

God gave Moses the 10 commandments even though men could not fulfill it but Jesus was able to keep the Law.

Matthew 5:17 King James Bible
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Jesus then gave us 2 Commandments

Matthew 22:37-40 King James Version
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

That is why we need Jesus who is the only one that can cover us for the price of sin we commit and he died for our sins out of love.
Jesus through out his ministry was about love with 1 exception

Matthew 21:12 King James Bible
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

The question is why did Jesus go for the money changers? What made Jesus resort to physical action? I believe that Jesus seen that money was their God and not God the Father himself.

Matthew 6:24 King James Bible
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

1 Timothy 6:10 King James Bible
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

So how is this relevant to me I hear you ask? What if I told you that through history since Jesus ministry to the present Day That folk have followed money (and they don't even know the history of money)
If you want to know about the history of money I would recommend The moneymasters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56FUHgqRNE

This explains how money is debt based, Fractional reserve banking and how money is not value based. How Boom and bust models are orchestrated from increasing and decreasing the money supply.

IF you take the time to watch the money masters it will give you the basics to how the money changers have manipulated to get their agenda across and gaining more power through their gains. but was made in the mid 90's
It explains how the roaring 1920's was when the money circulation was increased through easy credit and credit was done through margin call loans when using to buy stock on wall street. when these loans were called in it was done on mass and caused a crash on wall street in 1929 because there was mass selling this decreased the value of the stock drasically and caused a transfer of wealth. The private banks decided to keep the money supply low to enduce more gains through wealth transferals in financial markets.

Since the money masters was made...
Credit was more readily available pre 2008. (think Boom)
The difference with the 2008 crash was it was done with derivatives and these lost value and with how the credit crunch works was that loans were done via the fractional reserve banking method. Money was created that wasn't backed up and when the music stopped in a game of financial musical chairs in the city / stock exchanges.
This left to alot of defaulting in particular some key Banks and depositors were at risk of losing out so governments decided to bail out these institutions.

One thing that the Bible tells is the future and in particular is the book of revelation and in revelation 13:14-18 talks about the Mark of the Beast

Revelation 13:14-18 King James Version
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

In verse 17 Tells us it will be impossible to Buy or sell without the mark or the name of the beast or the number of his name in the future. (Time/date is unspecified)
What is Money? a commodity of exchange for buying and selling of Goods.

Some in the Christian community have said that RFID is going to be the mark of the beast system. IMO this COULD be the case or just a precursor to the mark of the beast system ... truth is I don't know but I trust in the bible to keep me right.
In the next link is Aarron Russo talking about Nicholas Rockefellar and how the powers to be want to chip the population of the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNtAuCsIIxU

What does the mark of the beast have to do with the afterlife? In revelation 14:9-11 gives a warning.

Revelation 14:9-11
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Last edited by Paisley; 27 Aug 2014 at 11:23.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2014, 15:21   #12
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

"Afterlife" is in the realm of faiths and pseudosciences. Imo I don't think there is a point in discussing this. It is like my belief that if I work well and hard I will be rewarded for that. Not necessary related to reality and a belief I adhered to in order to feel good with myself.
Unread 30 Aug 2014, 10:56   #13
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

yes I do. I faced God many times - encourages me in many things

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2014, 12:56   #14
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Ofcourse I don't.
Unread 3 Sep 2014, 13:15   #15
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Death is not the end, but i have no idea what comes next.

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote