User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Aug 2005, 19:30   #1
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light
Age old MoW problem

Ok,ok, been many threads on this,.....

Basically, i think the MoW position is mainly to deal with Deffence, in a way that you don't have to use IRC to organise it. So that people at work for example, can log on, and deal accordingly.

People want to know, what's needed for what ETA, what's already being handled with, and if possible, a battle calc on the deffence.

Build in another link button on the gal status page, which goes to a "note pad". The planet Being attacked and the MoW, are the only ones able to write in this notepad. Here you can paste URLs,. ask for specific anti ships,.. say who's already sending,.... etc.

Please don't go on about it being a regurgitated topic,.. but consider the suggestion,.. or modifiy please
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 02:07   #2
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Age old MoW problem

I would like to see the mow being able to do something besides voting on exiles.
Your idea looks good to me

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 13:21   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
Ok,ok, been many threads on this,.....
This sounds extremely similar to this thread, which if you had a 2 min look at this thread you would have noticed it.

I like the idea (as expressed in its original form) as per my original reply.

Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:05   #4
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts

What about me who doesnt have notepad?
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:07   #5
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Or we could change it to MoLV = Minister of Last Vote.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:09   #6
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

LOL,

I like the idea. The more we move away from IRC and back to forums etc the better :-)

Some of us have REAL jobs

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:17   #7
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

On a different side note: What about giving the MoW a unique button on galaxy status called "Report incomings to alliance"?

The MoW could click the button and all incomings on planets in your galaxy would get reported to the ingame alliance defense system - which, in return, would increase the value of the MoW and the value of the ingame alliance system.
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 04:38   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The in-game alliance system would need to be overhauled to make it an effective and useful tool first, though, and whilst its a good idea i dont see that happening in the near future. :\

Good thinking though.

What would happen if the person is not a member of an alliance (in-game at least)?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote