User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:27   #1
Dace

What is the most over-rated film ever made?

"The Matrix" has been mentioned but i totally disagree.

I suggest "Titanic" (the DiCaprio version).

Any other ideas?
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:28   #2
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
lotr
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:28   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is the most over-rated film ever made?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace

Any other ideas?

Titanic, clearly

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:29   #4
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
lotr
Lies
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:29   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Clint Eastwood films. Except Kelly's Heros, which rocked.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:30   #6
bobble

bobble is an unknown quantity at this point
anything involving Brenden Frasier
CNN is liberal bull****...no wonder you people are so ****ing stupid. If you want a real News Channel try Fox News.
bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:31   #7
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC

How can a film be over-rated if it rocked?
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:32   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Event Horizon. Even if you say the film sucked, it's still hideously overrated.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:32   #9
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Lies
no. i said lotr. not lies. lies is a totally different movie, fool.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:33   #10
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
How can a film be over-rated if it rocked?
Kelly's Heros was exempt from the original statement. I will rephrase.

Every Clint Eastwood film except Kelly's Heros.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:40   #11
bobble

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Kelly's Heros was exempt from the original statement. I will rephrase.

Every Clint Eastwood film except Kelly's Heros.
"Every Which Way But Loose" rocked.
CNN is liberal bull****...no wonder you people are so ****ing stupid. If you want a real News Channel try Fox News.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 21:49   #12
Kiss

ET.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 22:03   #13
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Titanic, closely followed by the Matrix.....
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 22:03   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A Beautiful Mind
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 22:06   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
A Beautiful Mind
Yes, and I like to add Fight Club to my little list too....
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 22:07   #16
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
Event Horizon. Even if you say the film sucked, it's still hideously overrated.
watch it when stoned

it rocks then

and titanic is ****e

hanibal is too
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 22:08   #17
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Yes, and I like to add Fight Club to my little list too....

No you don't.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 22:13   #18
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
no. i said lotr. not lies. lies is a totally different movie, fool.
I said you lied.

fool
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 22:32   #19
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Miasma
Schindlers list.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 22:56   #20
Quaoar

Damn, I was going to suggest Titanic when I read the title. In that case... Harry Potter? (Never seen it, never will, but I can tell it's very very gay)
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:02   #21
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
star wars

it might be a good film but certainly not the best ever like it seems to get in many top100 lists :/

titanic is on my list too
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:04   #22
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Schindlers List , Titanic , Shawshank Redemption , Anything featuring David Duchovny.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:15   #23
bink

The worst film that was ever made (yes even worse than event horizon):

Signs

With Mel Gibson

That film was so awful that even saying it was the worst film ever made is overly flattering. Its so crap, it is the only film i ever walked out on.

Later i downloaded it because someone said it became brilliant near the end, and I watched that, but the ending was the worst part of the film!!! Even worse than the bit where aliens make crop circles to act as traffic signs (the point where I walked out of the cinema) was the bit where God restores Mel Gibson's faith in him by giving his son an asthma attack to save him from the chamical weapons the evil aliens were using.

And they dissolve in water????? Imagine humans travelling vast distances through the universe to invade/colonise a planet where 70% of the surface is covered in oceans of sulfuric acid, with the same substance regularly raining from the sky and flowing through the landscapes in rivers????

There is bad, there is outrageously awful, there is vigourously scraping the barrel, and then there is signs. I am genuinely offended.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:21   #24
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
you go to far buster, what about :
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
Escape from Alcatraz (1979)
and Kelly's Heroes is a classic, but i like the Dirty Dozen also

you cleary dont know your classics :P
heh just kiddin

the right answer is WATERWORLD \O/
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:23   #25
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Godzilla

edit ok im going a bit mad, i thought this thread was about over hyped but turns out to be crap movies. But its not is it...
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:32   #26
bobble

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
Godzilla

edit ok im going a bit mad, i thought this thread was about over hyped but turns out to be crap movies. But its not is it...
well, you're right about that film anyway
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 23:38   #27
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
debbie does dallas.
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 00:51   #28
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Both the new Star Wars films.
They have no repeatability, the old three were timeless classics.
The new tow are watch once and never again.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:28   #29
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about
Lord of the Rings ( both films)
Titanic
Star Wars

All over rated and stupidly hyped.
:reindeer:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all :smiley1:
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 01:34   #30
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Titanic, i actually forced myself to watch it, i couldn't
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 02:04   #31
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Titanic

Phenomen (whatever) with John Travolta in it. the only film i've ever walked out on, what a pile of ****e
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 02:05   #32
bobble

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Both the new Star Wars films.
They have no repeatability, the old three were timeless classics.
The new tow are watch once and never again.
most true indeed. sadly
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 05:38   #33
Pavil2

Weekend at Bernies
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 08:35   #34
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
The Fast and Furious

Vin Diesel is the worst actor in history

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 08:54   #35
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
american beauty

(which i liked, but it wasn't that great...)

gone in sixty seconds

(if only it would have been over in...well, you know the obvious joke:/)

godzilla

(because even though nobody likes it, there aren't enough people discussing how much they hate it and the writers and producers have yet to be killed in cold blood)

and any movie with the mob (godfathers, goodfellas, etc)

(all good, but most of them are too long and dullish for my short attention span)
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 09:55   #36
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
heh

Titanic and matrix ruleSSSSSSSSS hihi

overrrated film : Pearl Harbour

underrated film: The Terminator 1 + 2 ;D
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 10:41   #37
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't get what people liked about the Fifth Element.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:07   #38
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Anything featuring David Duchovny.
Lies! Beethoven roced!!!

"Got any pitbulls?"

Pure comedy.
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:09   #39
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The matrix
titanic
die another day
star wars
grease

tbh, most films we would come out thinking better of if the trilers didnt show us ****ing everything.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:15   #40
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Clearly the Blair Witch Project needs a mention here.
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:25   #41
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by CjC
Ladies and gentlemen (and the rest of you useless gits), I believe we have a winner \o/
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:28   #42
w2k
all grown up

w2k is an unknown quantity at this point
the blair witch project was ok

gayle see pm plz
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:29   #43
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
debbie does dallas.

The old one or the new one?
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 11:47   #44
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Pearl Harbor

You know, it took me 10 minutes to write that.

Man I'm stoned.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 14:45   #45
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What is the most over-rated film ever made?

Quote:

Any other ideas?
both tbh sucked big time
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 15:16   #46
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
Unbreakable. Fluber, Bi Centenial man, Pearl Harbour, xXx
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 19:24   #47
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by CjC

Good Call
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 19:31   #48
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Charlie's Angels
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 19:34   #49
bobble

Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
Charlie's Angels
'

i dont remember this ever getting good ratings
Unread 24 Dec 2002, 20:12   #50
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by bobble
'

i dont remember this ever getting good ratings
It..it was in the cinemas.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote