User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:40   #1
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
please check out my CD!

okay i'm maiing a Winamp playlist at the moment, to try and make a CD which has 5 rock songs from each decade (60s - 90s)

None of you can suggest anything for the 60s or 90s , i have them perfect However i'm not too sure about my 70s and 80s ones! 70s is okay, led zep and queen and ram jam i am sure about, but american woman sounds too 60s maybe. also 80s is too much synth not enough guitar, so do any of you have any famous songs from the 80s to recommend to me? stuff like G'n'R, except of course i already have one of their songs

anyway:

60s
The Who - My Generation
Three Dog Night - Summer in the City
Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
The Kinks - You Really Got me
The Beatles - Day Tripper
70s
Guess Who - American Woman
Ram Jam - Black Betty
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
Queen - Seven Seas Of Rhye
Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell
80s
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For a Hero
Europe - The Final Countdown
Cutting Crew - Died In Your Arms Tonight
90s
Oasis - She's Electric
Ocean Colour Scene - The Day We Caught the Train
Semisonic - Secret Smile
Andreas Johnson - Glorious
The Stranglers - Golden Brown
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:49   #2
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: please check out my CD!

It was all good, then I got to the 80s and 90s. Can't really blame for the 80s sucking though.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:53   #3
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

heh, yeah the 80s did suck. i thought i'd make it all New Romantic, but then decided against :/
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:53   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
It was all good, then I got to the 80s and 90s. Can't really blame for the 80s sucking though.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:57   #5
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: please check out my CD!

The 80's dances and sings and pisses all over your grave.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:01   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Also, Why the **** is Golden Brown in the 90's?

Christ, I'm not even sure if that's Eighties. 1979 I'm thinking.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:01   #7
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Thatcher
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:08   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I think I was thinking about 'No More Heroes'

Still pretty much right tho'

Stoph, this attempt at a compilation CD is not rheady yet.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:19   #9
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about

the 80´s really suck, i like the 60´s and 70´s...the only thing good in the 80´s is iron maiden and judas priest...wich their succes started in the 80´s
BlacK_Bengudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:21   #10
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

60s
the kingsmen - louie louie
beach boys - kokamo
jimi hendrix - hey joe
70s
led zeppelin - kashmir
80s
van halen - jump
nirvana - smells like teen spirit
the offspring - self esteem
the rolling stones - paint it black
u2 - sunday bloody sunday
metallica - one
90s
4 non blondes - what's up
blur - parklife
emf - unbelievable
red hot chili peppers - under the bridge
deep blue something - breakfast at tiffany's
joe ****er - summer in the city <----edit: LOL joe c0cker
roxette - she's got the look

hm?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:23   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacK_Bengudo
the 80´s really suck, i like the 60´s and 70´s...the only thing good in the 80´s is iron maiden and judas priest...wich their succes started in the 80´s
How is the 80's in anyway inferior to, say, the 90's?

The 80's had superior pop, and it had superior rock. And I'd say it pissed all over the 70's on the pop front.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:25   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The 90's were superior to the 80's, rockwise.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:26   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
nirvana - smells like teen spirit
the offspring - self esteem
Oh, for the love of god.

And Teen Spirit is about 1992 if memory serves.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:26   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Oh, for the love of god.

And Teen Spirit is about 1992 if memory serves.
Something of that order.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:27   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The 90's were superior to the 80's, rockwise.
Na. Most of the 90's was either sub-par imitations of previously successful bands/genres or simply shit.

(lo, Oasis, Radiohead, etc.)
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:28   #16
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

70's = disco = shit
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:30   #17
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

The 80's had superior pop, and it had superior rock. And I'd say it pissed all over the 70's on the pop front.
ow boy, how dumb can u be?

Cmon, look at the drums of the eight...they seens to be a eletronics drum...specially the snare sound...how annoyng!! 70´s - Led Zeppellin, Deep Purple, Rush, Grand Funk, Queen, Acdc, Doors, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, King Crimson, Yes, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix...im gonna stop now and im not counting the braziliand bands from the 70´s wich they r0x. And in the 80´s? The Cure? The Clash?
LOL
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:33   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Queen (for example) also produced quite a lot in the 80's you know.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:34   #19
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

and from 70´s im only counting the hard rock / progressive rock bands...
not mentioning the funk, blues and R&B bands...
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:34   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
ow boy, how dumb can u be?

Cmon, look at the drums of the eight...they seens to be a eletronics drum...specially the snare sound...how annoyng!! 70´s - Led Zeppellin, Deep Purple, Rush, Grand Funk, Queen, Acdc, Doors, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, King Crimson, Yes, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix...im gonna stop now and im not counting the braziliand bands from the 70´s wich they r0x. And in the 80´s? The Cure? The Clash?
LOL
wtf. I said it pissed over the 70's in pop terms, shit-face.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:35   #21
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

Quote:
Queen (for example) also produced quite a lot in the 80's you know.
i know, but their carrier on the 80´s sucks a lot. They said to the fans "Sorry we r not a rock n roll band anymore". Cause they knew they sucked at 80´s. And queen in the 70´s owns.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:35   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
and from 70´s im only counting the hard rock / progressive rock bands...
not mentioning the funk, blues and R&B bands...
Given that we're talking about rock, I don't see why you need to say this. Unless I can invoke the 1860's due to Gotterdammerung.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:37   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i know, but their carrier on the 80´s sucks a lot. They said to the fans "Sorry we r not a rock n roll band anymore". Cause they knew they sucked at 80´s. And queen in the 70´s owns.
Yeah, everyone hated all of The Game/Hot Space/Flash Gordon/The Works/A Kind of Magic/The Miracle/Innuendo.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:40   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
wtf. I said it pissed over the 70's in pop terms, shit-face.
If you like that kind of thing, the 70's had almost all of Abba, so I suppose that represents some kind of plus.

Oh, and don't everyone be forgetting David Bowie.

90's eh? Counting the 00's, because I can't be bothered to distinguish,

Beck, Flaming Lips, Jeff Buckley, Manics, Muse, Nick Cave, Nirvana, Pavement, Placebo, Radiohead, RHCP, REM, Smashing Pumpkins.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:43   #25
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

Quote:
Yeah, everyone hated all of The Game/Hot Space/Flash Gordon/The Works/A Kind of Magic/The Miracle/Innuendo.
there r some good stuff of queen in the 80´s, but their best stuff was from 70´s like Queen, Queen II, Sheer Heart Attack, A Night at Opera...

and everyone wich know the queen of the 70´s prefer rather then the 80´s...

but i say those stuff cause i really like rock n roll, hard rock, blues and stuff like that...
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:44   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I don't think there's much to choose between the 70's and the 80's.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:45   #27
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

okay dudes! i think i've improved on the 80s now and have:

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For a Hero
Queen - Princes of the Universe
Europe - The Final Countdown

although bonnie and europe aren't the rock i'm really looking for they are sooo 80s it makes them cool. therefore they stay, unless you come up with ultra sexy suggestions

I replaced Seven Seas of Rhye with Highway To Hell. and Day Tripper with Born to Be Wild. OH and golden brown with Park Life, for some reason i always thought it was a 90s song
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:46   #28
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

Quote:
I don't think there's much to choose between the 70's and the 80's.
are u saying that about queen? Get the albuns that i posted before and hear it
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:46   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
If you like that kind of thing, the 70's had almost all of Abba, so I suppose that represents some kind of plus.
The fact that ABBA are usually - desperately, probably - given as an example of the pinnacle of 70's pop highights how unmemorable that decade was in that regard.

As I said, 80's wins out on that front. Just compare the amount of funky 80's pop tunes you know with the amout of those from the 70's. Case closed.

Quote:
Oh, and don't everyone be forgetting David Bowie.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:47   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
are u saying that about queen? Get the albuns that i posted before and hear it
I've heard all of queen's albums you ninny.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:47   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
As I said, 80's wins out on that front. Just compare the amount of funky 80's pop tunes you now with the amout of those from the 70's. Case closed.
I know The Safety Dance, Mad World, erm, hum a few and I'll get them.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:50   #32
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

Quote:
I've heard all of queen's albums you ninny.
then u know what im talking about smart ass

and there´s david bowie too, wich u mencioned it
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:53   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
then u know what im talking about smart ass

and there´s david bowie too, wich u mencioned it
Bowie has had good songs in 5 decades, so it's not that amazingly supportive. Although ZSaTSPFM is his best work album wise.

[edit]

You have a great argument technique.

'STATEMENT'

'I don't agree'

'THEN YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING'

'I do'

'I'M RIGHT THEN'
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:54   #34
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

Quote:
Bowie has had good songs in 5 decades, so it's not that amazingly supportive. Although ZSaTSPFM is his best work album wise.
i dontk now much of david bowie, only a few albuns...

i forgot frank zappa...but its not pop
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 21:56   #35
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

Quote:

[edit]

'STATEMENT'

'I don't agree'

'I do'

'I'M RIGHT THEN'

i didnt said im right, and i said before. I prefer the 70´s cause i really like hard rock, blues and stuff like that...

thats why I THINK 70´s better then 80´s...
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:33   #36
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomers III
Three Dog Night - Summer in the City
I think you'll find the artist here is Lovin' Spoonful.

You could put Motorhead - Ace of Spades in '80s, and Aerosmith > Bon Jovi (you can sneak "Love in an Elevator" and "Dude (looks like a lady)" into '89)

...and then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like Slade for your 70s
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:59   #37
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: please check out my CD!

My suggestions/amendments:

60s
The Who - Don't Get Fooled Again (yeah, My Generation may be more iconic, but this is the better track)
70s
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Pink Floyd - Money (not my favourite, but a 'typical' Pink Floyd track)
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
90s
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Oasis - Supersonic
REM - Losing My Religion
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:59   #38
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
[edit]

'STATEMENT'

'I don't agree'

'I do'

'I'M RIGHT THEN'
This sounds familiar am i rite?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:59   #39
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I think you'll find the artist here is Lovin' Spoonful.
oooooh no no no three dog night's version is much much better. i'm nto sure what the original was though...
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 22:59   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
This sounds familiar am i rite?
YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:02   #41
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I know what 'popular music' was in the 70's and 80's, because I WAS THERE, not because I watched some crappy TV show or a movie or two.

I was wearing flares before your fathers were having their 9th pint and thinking that Daphne behind the bar actually wasn't such an ugly trollop and would probably be up for a bit of hide the sausage after closing time.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:13   #42
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
oooooh no no no three dog night's version is much much better. i'm nto sure what the original was though...
The point I was trying to make is that I don't think (*but I'm not entirely sure) that Three Dog Night ever recorded Summer in the City at all, and that the song you have is merely mislabelled.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:46   #43
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
The point I was trying to make is that I don't think (*but I'm not entirely sure) that Three Dog Night ever recorded Summer in the City at all, and that the song you have is merely mislabelled.
oh heh, well i dunno i'll check google! i think you're right, stupid ****ing person who labelled that. three dog night sounds better than lovin' spoonful anyway, plus they did Do You Believe In Magic, so i don't think i want to be associated with them! k thnx
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:55   #44
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Oasis - She's Electric
Replace it with Champagne Supernova or Cigarettes and Alcohol .

Stone Roses - Elephant Stone*, for the 80s if you want to count them as rock.

*or Waterfall, She Bangs the drums, or Made of Stone all from 89.

Last edited by JC; 12 Mar 2004 at 00:00.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 01:38   #45
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Beck, Flaming Lips, Jeff Buckley, Manics, Muse, Nick Cave, Nirvana, Pavement, Placebo, Radiohead, RHCP, REM, Smashing Pumpkins.
Thats some good shit right there
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 03:27   #46
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

They didn't have hair conditioner, so all the pop stars on TOTP2 are easily identifiable because they're in colour, but have skanky frizzed up hair. Like, EW.

I'm feeling camp today.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 03:33   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The 80's dances and sings and pisses all over your grave.
This might be easier to defend if you actually put forward the bands you think were good from this period, rather than merely correcting the errors of others.

My choices would be (dates are generally album release date, sometimes single tho) as follows. They are heavily biased towards memorable songs rather than actually "the best" of each period. 10 from the 90's because I wanted to :

60's :
[1966] Kinks - Sunny Afternoon
[1966] Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Were Made For Walking
[1966] The Who - My Generation
[1967] The Beatles - I am the Walrus
[1967] The Beatles - A Day in the Life
70's :
[1970] The Beatles - Lady Madonna
[1975] Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
[1976] Abba - Dancing Queen
[1977] Queen - We Will Rock You
[1979] The Clash - London's Calling
80's
[1980] The Jam - Going Underground
[1980] The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
[1982] Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
[1987] Guns and Roses - Paradise City
[1988] The Pixies - Where is My Mind?
90's
[1992] Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
[1994] Blur - Parklife
[1994] Green Day - Basket Case
[1995] Oasis - The Masterplan
[1995] Radiohead - Just
[1996] Presidents of the United States - Peaches
[1996] NOFX - Liza and Louise
[1997] Radiohead - Karma Police
[1999] Blink 182 - Adam's Song
[1999] NOFX - The Decline
00's
[2000] NOFX - Dinosaurs Will Die
[2000] Linkin Park - In the End
[2001] Blink 182 - Stay Together For the Kids
[2002] Avril Lavigne - Complicated
[2004] Brand New - The Quiet Things That No-One Ever Knows

I found the 80's the hardest decade to select for as it's probably my least favourite. I could have easily put more for the 60's tho. I've probably also forgotten songs that I think are classics but I haven't heard in a while.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 03:43   #48
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Listy McList

That's a damn good list actually.... oooh, I love Sunny Afternoon by the Kinks
Apart from the 00s, and maybe a few snips here and there, that's pretty much full agreeance from me there. Huzzah.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 03:59   #49
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
oooh, I love Sunny Afternoon by the Kinks
have you seen the potato singing it?

EDIT I was trying to get to sleep, and suddenly the thought popped into my head.... SHIT! that anim is Lazy Sunday Afternoon by Small Faces, another classic but obviously not the same song. So I got up, switched the computer on etc, and wrote this... and part of me, the dormant rational part, can't believe I've done it. Goodnight.

Last edited by 1-X; 12 Mar 2004 at 06:20.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 14:22   #50
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: please check out my CD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
90s
roxette - she's got the look
HEYYYYYYY!!! Someone finally mentioned Roxette