User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Mar 2003, 00:43   #1
jleedham

jleedham is on a distinguished road
LaserQuest

Just wondering if any of you guys out there play LaserQuest at
all. am quiet bored atm so just starting random posts really.

jsar

Have You Growled At The Badger Recently?
jleedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 00:59   #2
jleedham

er yeah i play at Lqguildford in the UK

just wondering really coz of the ELC comming up and wondering if any other PA players are playing in the ELC.

if not sure what the ELC is check

http://www.elc2003.co.uk/

Jsar

Unread 17 Mar 2003, 01:06   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The one on oxford street manchester's ace, me and my mates used to go there like every couple of weeks.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 23:31   #4
jleedham

yeah manchester is supposed to be pretty cool arena

Jsar

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 23:39   #5
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
used to play it with a few friends when i was at swansea university. was great fun, turn up, massacre the kids there.

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 00:10   #6
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
I play every few weeks, we go through when we're bored.
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 00:20   #7
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
played it many times with mates. even some time with planetarion people (ChaoZ meet).
i always lose though, since one of my mates (wouter) plays like a fkin robot.....0_o
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 00:36   #8
jleedham

heh loadsa people playing LQ and PA

anyone around should try and make it to the elc, is gonna be cool!

jsar

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 00:51   #9
Pineapple
Banned

Pineapple is an unknown quantity at this point
when i was like 12 (im currently 17) i went to a mates birthday party at LQ (think it was the one in bolton)....it was like so we had whatsits and stuff...and MONSTER MUNCH!
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 01:15   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i havent been in a couple of years unfortunately

i went first when i was 7 or something, then for my 9th birthday i got to choose a nickname instead of just being "Hunter 09" or something. I chose "Defiance" on a whim, and have stuck with it ever since, though shortened to "Deffeh". That day, when 9 years old i whooped the **** out of everyone there, getting over double the 2nd place persons score, who was (at the time) the 3rd seed in that Laserquest branch. (glasgow) I was well chuffed
Almost every time i have gone, i have won. I have never finished lower than 3rd, and theres usually been at least 12 people in each arena.

I NEARLY joined the club a few times for cheapness value, but my mates always pulled out on me at the last minute, or i ran out of money in town etc. Its something id really like to do but id have to have a friend interested in it as much as i am. Its ****ing great fun, but expensive if you dont book / arent a member. Probably better that everyone can drink now, as im sure they be up for it.

Didnt you hate ****ers that either
  • held your gun
  • worked in teams at a base in a single player game
  • covered their packs with their hands
  • crouched over/bent over whilst in a faceoff, thus covering your pack with your knees

Cheats suck

Always fun to rub it in when you get out though, and realise you got 10 gun shots on their camping asses.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 01:36   #11
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
I have yet to reach a positive score. Still fun though, if enough people go.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 10:09   #12
jleedham

heh,

yeah really do hate those cheating b*****ds, esp when playing in tourny's. went over to holland and played in a tourny there was good fun but they cheat to ****! they comming over here to england for the ELC and rules are much stricter so we will kick there ass's.

being a member is defo worth it as u get to go to members nites and stuff and then u get to play all sorts of special games instead of just team or solo. also means u can join a team and enter events like the ELC or the WC's etc etc.

Jsar

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 10:41   #13
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
i used to go a few times a week, my style was alotta dancing

Psi_K was on the area team and i woulda been too, assuming i coulda afforded it at the time

(for those noobs who dont know what dancing is, its when you constanltly move your body to make yourself a harder target)

another trick i used was holding the gun upside down and using my thumb on the trigger

this enabled me to fire around corners better, as well as behind myself, and kind of strafe up and down at the same time, an impressive teqnique if your able to master it

in LQ mirrors can be your best friend, or worst enemy, so pay attention to them at all times.

for those of you who think hiding and picking off ppl at your own leasure is the way to go, think about this, if your doing that you'll get few kills, but also very few hits, your score will be low

but if you work on your dancing and in close combat, you can tag 3-4 ppl b4 being tagged yourself, resulting in you gaining about 35 pts rather then 10

just a few tips for anyone whos looking for improvment

ill keep the rest to myself =)
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 11:39   #14
jleedham

heh sounds like u know how to play steve,

the site i play at's A-team (The Tribe Called Quest) are the current European champions. the manager there is one of the top5 players in the world so.. is pretty cool, get to play against the best all the time so the quality of people at the site is very good.

jsar

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 11:42   #15
Steve_G

a top 10 was a regular at the place i went to

carnage was his name

also a few other top canadians
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 11:46   #16
jleedham

yeah the canadiens and americans very good players, some of TTCQ went to the World championships in vagas last year.

jsar

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 11:48   #17
Steve_G

oh and another thing, i nearly got into a fist fight everytime ive gone heh

since i dance and generally owned everyone, they always felt the need to make fun, and try and grab my gun and what not, and of course me being twice there sizes always fked them up, nearly threw 1 person out of a crows nest 1 time heh (bout 20 feet up)

its fun to see how competitive ppl get...when there losing to a seasoned pro, then try and start stuff to throw u off your game

for instance

once time a group of about 6 guys my age, none of them really small are in there, all teaming up, so what do i do, walk into the middle, start dancing, kill them all 1 by 1 then pick them off as there packs come back online, gettin about 15 tags per being tagged, they all start talkin trash and what no cause they outnumber me, then u see all the regulars, the marshals, and the friends come up behind me and tell them to get the **** out of the arena, was pure class =)

(oh and i punched one in the face after he left the group and thought he could talk trash alone)
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 11:51   #18
jleedham

haha

class

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 19:52   #19
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
nicks are too short.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:13   #20
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
heh

Quazar was better.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:19   #21
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I also to the "dancing" thing, only problem is after like 4 or 6 games I get ****ing knackered because I have the fitness levels of a sloath.

And Ini, I live in Bury (doubt you've heard of that area) about 20mins from the town centre.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:29   #22
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been in the past but got very disillusioned with the whole charade due to the sheer volume of what I consider to be ridiculous cheating that inevitably happens.

I got kicked out for fighting once heh.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:33   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
dammit guys, i wanna sign up now

Will need to find a friend who also likes it, though this may be hard

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 22:50   #24
Steve_G

all i know is once i get my license, ill be applyin for a job there, if the same manager as b4 is there ill get a job, and yay free LQ

heh (but that wont happen)

so ill get my license (test is friday) and get a job, and just go on weekends all stoned and stuff (man it will be nice to be able to afford the luxuries of life, LQ and MJ)
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 22:52   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

www.laserquest.co.uk doesnt list a Glasgow based Laserquest anymore
I heard something about one shutting down, but we had two afaik

Anyone know if the sight is accurate, and if not where i could find more information?

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 00:16   #26
jleedham

go to

www.lqguildford.co.uk

is the guildford site, is most active Uk LQ forum and guys on there will know if the glasgow one still there.

jsar