User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Feb 2003, 09:23   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
South Park vs The Simpsons

I saw a few Simpsons the other day from the latest series and I was actually amazed by the fact that I did not find them even remotely funny.

So I think SP > *.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 09:26   #2
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
The Simpsons deserves 1 thumbsup , South Park deserves 2 thumbsup .

P.S.: Your sig is ruining my pathetic 800x600 display :/
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 09:27   #3
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell

P.S.: Your sig is ruining my pathetic 800x600 display :/

By howmany characters?
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 09:28   #4
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
By howmany characters?
Five, "PM me"
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 09:30   #5
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Better now?
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 09:30   #6
mbushell

Quote:
Better now?
Four, "tude"
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 09:35   #7
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Best offer?
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 10:06   #8
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Although The Simpsons are not as funny as they used to be but they're still pretty damn funny. And if you think after thirteen years South Park will be as funny as Simpsons is now not only are you wrong but you're Canadian too.

Edit:

PS. Thank you for changing your sig, it was ****ing up my screen too.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 10:15   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Heh I'd have changed it way sooner if someone had told me...

But yeah it is ofc true that simpsons are running for some time now
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 10:15   #10
Dreadnought!

Simpsons. South Park is the same old wank jokes
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 11:33   #11
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
SP, simpsons is **** now... oh but southpark is **** now too. I vote for family guy "

wanna see somthing amazing that i can do Lois? Look at me! Lok at me! I'm using my legs!"

classic.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 11:35   #12
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Happy days.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 11:48   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: South Park vs The Simpsons

Quote:
So I think SP > *.
I think youre a faggot
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 11:56   #14
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
The Simpsons is more consistent.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 11:58   #15
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
If you think anything else so far mentioned even got close to the Simpsons as it was, you haven't been paying attention.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 11:59   #16
Lord Boredom

I've seen some very funny simpsons recently...

but then I've seen some very funny South Parks...

it's a tough call...
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 12:30   #17
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Re: Re: South Park vs The Simpsons

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
I think youre a faggot
Then you clearly think wrong things
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 12:46   #18
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Tv Programmes can only be rated as a percentage of The Simpsons, it's that good. Only two programmes can get to 100%, and that is Seinfeld, and The Simpsons.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 12:53   #19
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Never really been a South Park fan, although apparently it's getting better.

Simpsons it is then, although I haven't bothered watching it for ages seeing as it's becomerather boring of late.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 13:59   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by G_frog
If you think anything else so far mentioned even got close to the Simpsons as it was, you haven't been paying attention.
I invoke the spirit of Futurama
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:02   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I invoke the spirit of Futurama
I've seen one episode and it sucked.

Horribly.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:03   #22
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
SouthPark cant compete whit the simpsons. Not a chance. The simpsons rock! (South Park is nice too)

PS! xtrasyn, have you ever heard off a man named "Promoe"?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:07   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Horribly.
Heathen! Were I in Glasgow I'd find and slap you.

And then make you watch A Head in the Polls and War is the H Word.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:13   #24
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
south park sucks, i never found it remotely funny, therefore the simpsons wins

easy
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:14   #25
Nodrog

Quote:
Heathen! Were I in Glasgow I'd find and slap you.

And then make you watch A Head in the Polls and War is the H Word.
It was the episode where the robot guy got an empathy chip implanted in him then they all went into the sewers to find a baby.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:25   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

That's a rubbish episode.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 14:38   #27
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx

PS! xtrasyn, have you ever heard off a man named "Promoe"?
Not that I can recall now, no?
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 15:55   #28
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah
SP, simpsons is **** now... oh but southpark is **** now too. I vote for family guy "

wanna see somthing amazing that i can do Lois? Look at me! Lok at me! I'm using my legs!"

classic.
another classic show cancelled
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 15:57   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
another classic show cancelled
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before it's time" - Bender, Where No Fan Has Gone Before.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 15:57   #30
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:

"Looptroop".
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 16:09   #31
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
"Looptroop".
Still no bells
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 16:11   #32
menth0l
dim like a fox

Quote:
Still no bells

It's a hip hop group from Stockholm. Promoe is in it.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 16:41   #33
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Apples vs Oranges

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 16:43   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
Apples vs Oranges
Spectroscopy time!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 17:04   #35
Sub
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
Seinfeld was never funny.

ever.

So those taxi cab driver <insert loads of canned laughed here for no specfic reason> .
Don't feel bad. Many people miss the points in his jokes. It's a shame he didn't make them more low-brow for the proles.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 17:43   #36
menth0l
dim like a fox

Most of the jokes on Seinfeld are as low-brow as they can get.

Still pretty ****ing funny tho.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:15   #37
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
the simpsons and the south park are in different leagues. The simpsons is top notch.

seinfeld isnt funny. if it was, it wouldnt need fake laughter

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:20   #38
Sub
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
seinfeld isnt funny
Makes you wonder why it was such a rival to The Simpsons then!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:22   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
Makes you wonder why it was such a rival to The Simpsons then!
Having not watched Seinfeld, I can only offer the 'Americans are stupid' line.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:33   #40
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

Horribly.

I concur

Seinfeld on the other hand is funny. Like anything else though, it has good and bad episodes, and there are few which I would describe as laugh out loud funny.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:35   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
I concur
You're mad though.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:37   #42
Sub
Banned

I think you can infer that the makers of The Simpsons liked Seinfeld as well, considering the number of references.

(Changing Springfields name to Seinfeld,
Skinners stand up comedy bit,
Krusty + the canyonaro,
etc.)
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:38   #43
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Quote:
You're mad though.

Lies. I am one of only 2 sane people I know!
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:40   #44
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Simpsons has class. I enjoy myself when I laugh at simpsons dialog where noone else gets the joke. Then again, I might just be imagining the jokes.

South park is also quite funny, but more on the level of "anal probe HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 18:49   #45
RiCo

Simpsons and South Park is well and fine, but your forgetting the classics. The Amazing Spiderman series was far superior both in storyline and drawings.
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 19:06   #46
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:

My bad, i just misplaced the quote beside your tank!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 19:50   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Simpsons and Seinfeld are both genius.

South Park is just derivative ****.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 21:26   #48
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
My bad, i just misplaced the quote beside your tank!
Malcolm X.