User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 May 2005, 10:06   #51
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Internet browser related help required here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Now point me to the part of IE where adverts occur. Couldnt find it? Me neither.
errr..... any webpage that has an ad banner on it?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 12:31   #52
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
I want to disagree with leshy but he'll beat me on the internet.
My huge ePenis is a very potent weapon indeed!
Unread 10 May 2005, 13:37   #53
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
One word - SP2

I asume you are a fairly competant computer user who doesnt click "Yes" the instant some box jumps in your face, and thus antivirus (mandatory!) and SP2 keeps IE clean as a baby's concience. I only use IE, and having MS antispyware running every night since it was launched - it still hasnt found anything.
Download Ad-Aware then, that works

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 14:38   #54
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

and Spyware Blaster prevents most bastardy reaching your PC in the first place by blocking the known registry keys that these bastards make
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 15:03   #55
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Opera question leshy or others.

How do you get rid of the "waiting for connection" message in Opera. It seems that when certain pages do not load properly, Opera waits for the entire thing to time-out before you are allowed to access any pages on the entire server. This can get incredibly annoying at times, especially if you have a flaky connection.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 17:48   #56
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
How do you get rid of the "waiting for connection" message in Opera.
Hit Escape. This is akin to the stop button, and will, surprisingly, stop the page loading attempt.
Unread 10 May 2005, 17:55   #57
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Hit Escape. This is akin to the stop button, and will, surprisingly, stop the page loading attempt.
ok, but more importantly how do you stop it from happening in the first place?

just because there is one time-out it shouldn't be that subsequently loaded pages loaded in conjunction should have to suffer.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 23:47   #58
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
ok, but more importantly how do you stop it from happening in the first place?
I don't know, to be honest. If a page hangs because the server doesn't respond, I generally simply hit F5, or Escape and try again. Doesn't happen all that often.
Unread 22 May 2005, 06:05   #59
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Meh, Opera, for me atleast was buggy-... I tried it out, only with the intention of trying out leshies planetarion text'D game.. but the browser was just to buggy

Anyway, I have

Adblock
EI view
Foxytoons..

those really the only esseintials, i just formated my hardrive recently, so i havnt had the time to dig through all the add ins yet.

You still need IE though, because Microsoft wont let you easily download needed updates/programs w/o it, which is why i have IE view installed.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 09:30   #60
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why did you bump this thread you buffoon?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 11:31   #61
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

You answered the question yourself, old chap.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 21:37   #62
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

>.> It was on the first page, I didnt realize the how inactive these forums were so

Unread 23 May 2005, 21:43   #63
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

You are lying.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 21:47   #64
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

No, im not, look at the last post on the first page, then look at the first post on the second page.

On the first page, the last post is on the 22nd of may, while on the second page, the first topics last post is on may ninth

Unread 23 May 2005, 21:49   #65
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

No it isn't. It is on the 21st of May.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2005, 21:52   #66
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

I see them now >.>

But, just a minute ago, it did skip from the 22nd the the 9th..??? Any ideas as to why that would happen?

Unread 23 May 2005, 21:55   #67
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You looked at page 6 by accident, or sorted by post date, the wrong way, whilst still keeping the 15 day filer on?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote