User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 19:20   #1
TeK
I Dislike carDi

TeK has a spectacular aura aboutTeK has a spectacular aura about
Reason could be

Maybe a reason why some people are so upset about this Narweet vs Vvomm cause of what took place r6. Basically vvomm is what existed of FLTV. Except for Eclipse being on the other side this round, Us as FLTV r6 took a beating for weeks straight, and that was a big adjustment from Wiping the universe for r3,4,5. This time around i have a nicer galaxy so hopefully ill stick around for the beating that everyone says Narweet will inflict on Vvomm. Virus / Titans ( Oly ) have sorta gone up hill since r6. R7 was a pretty good round for virus, aswell as r8. R7 Fury started strong but later on i rather not go into detail but it was a disgrace to all players. R8 Fury did what they could but they were outnumbered. Fury did what they could and tried to gain members and allies, so isntead Virus did what they needed to do to survive and get Titans / LDK lot to fight with them. No matter how anyone looks at it, theres always a need for 2x the players to gang up...... Every round has it, and it varieys at times. Maybe sometime in this game we can have a time where 1 alliance stands triumph on its own, without help from an other alliance. maybe then a time can be where more players come, not more planets, cause as we kno that has nothing to do with players.

So can everyone on the Vvomm Side stop flaming NarWeet on the other post AND GET ON WITH IT!

Goodluck to everyone as the r9 politics unfolded.
TeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 19:33   #2
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reason could be

Quote:
Originally posted by TeK
No matter how anyone looks at it, theres always a need for 2x the players to gang up...... Every round has it, and it varieys at times.
FAnG/Adelante/ToT began round 8 as the biggest powerblock, and they didn't win. And Titans/LDK had barely more members than Fury when the round began.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 19:33   #3
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
upset isn't the word I'd use. Disappointed maybe. It really changes nothing tho. Life goes on, battles forge ahead. This round isn't going to be easy, for anyone. Time will tell
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 19:41   #4
[7]Gunn3r

Re: Re: Reason could be

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
FAnG/Adelante/ToT began round 8 as the biggest powerblock, and they didn't win. And Titans/LDK had barely more members than Fury when the round began.
heh, what are the chances though that an ally as important as Adelante falls this round? Peoples can say as much as they want about where Adelante members went, but pratically none of them joined FAnG or ToT. I honestly doubt that LDK/Titans would have got close to winning if several FAnG important members and allies' planets wouldn't have been caught cheating + the fall of Adelante. Hell, even with Adelante fall, FAnG was still ahead until the massive closure.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 19:45   #5
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by TeK
So can everyone on the Vvomm Side stop flaming NarWeet on the other post AND GET ON WITH IT!

Thats the idea.

The current strategy is to appear as the wounded puppy getting a kicking from the big bad block, try to illicit some sympathy and force a round 6 style block swtich. Which is why you will not only see masses of "blah blah blah DoS, blah blah blah multis..." on here, but grand declarations of how much they were unfairly outnumbered, and how the gap from round 8 to 9 affected so much more of their members than the rest of the universe.

The day someone comes on here and admits they lost fair and square due to being politically out-manouvered will be the day the planet spins on its axis and drops into the sun.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 19:47   #6
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Re: Re: Re: Reason could be

Quote:
Originally posted by [7]Gunn3r
I honestly doubt that LDK/Titans would have got close to winning if several FAnG important members and allies' planets wouldn't have been caught cheating + the fall of Adelante. Hell, even with Adelante fall, FAnG was still ahead until the massive closure.
Well that's debatable. Of course, FAnG wouldn't have done so well without the cheating, and it's one thing we shall never know.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 19:50   #7
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
stuff
Agreed.

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 19:53   #8
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by [7]Gunn3r
. I honestly doubt that LDK/Titans would have got close to winning if several FAnG important members and allies' planets wouldn't have been caught cheating + the fall of Adelante. Hell, even with Adelante fall, FAnG was still ahead until the massive closure.
if if if if...

put this another way..

if adelante hadn't fallen, and those fang planets hadn't been deleted for cheating, dta would never have joined the titans side, and fury would probably have never co-operated with Fang/ToT, or taken in all those Adelante rejects. Therefore, with Titans/LDK being 'so far' down the rankings (as Kjeldoran put it), it's unlikely we would have posed any serious threat, so Fury and Adelante/Fang/Tot would have fought a bloody battle, weakening each other, and Titans/LDK would have been there to finish off the winning side and claim victory

if if if if...

you can never base a pervious round on ifs. Just accept what happened, and why it did... ie.. Titans = 'da bomb'
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 20:33   #9
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yup, but what choice did we have? titans and Virus were already planning on attacking us (whether that would be after Fury or not doesn't really matter) and MDK openly declared war on FAnG aswell, so yes we decided to form a triad. ToT would have been our ally no matter what and well, adelante (we thought) would be a good partner aswell.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 20:39   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Re: Reason could be

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
if if if if...

put this another way..

if adelante hadn't fallen, and those fang planets hadn't been deleted for cheating, dta would never have joined the titans side, and fury would probably have never co-operated with Fang/ToT, or taken in all those Adelante rejects. Therefore, with Titans/LDK being 'so far' down the rankings (as Kjeldoran put it), it's unlikely we would have posed any serious threat, so Fury and Adelante/Fang/Tot would have fought a bloody battle, weakening each other, and Titans/LDK would have been there to finish off the winning side and claim victory

if if if if...

you can never base a pervious round on ifs. Just accept what happened, and why it did... ie.. Titans = 'da bomb'
you got a point, no need to say IF etc but atleast we're allowed to have our own opinions about it, not?

And yes, IF we didn't had the war with tits, we would have gone for Fury cause we had a minor settlement to arrange ...

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 20:43   #11
[7]Gunn3r

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reason could be

Quote:
Well that's debatable. Of course, FAnG wouldn't have done so well without the cheating, and it's one thing we shall never know.
anyway, Titans/LDK won and it is useless to discuss it further(just as you and Cicada say, and I agree with it)

but back to the main question of my reply: What are the chances that an ally as important as Adelante falls this round inside WEET/NAR rank and change totally the look of this round?

Even if it happened, since it is private galaxies, they won't be swapping sides(like DTA had done), and most peoples I assume attack with their galaxies this round.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 20:51   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez

The day someone comes on here and admits they lost fair and square due to being politically out-manouvered will be the day the planet spins on its axis and drops into the sun.
I seem to remember admitting that at the end of r6 (after NoS/WP won).
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 21:06   #13
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reason could be

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
you got a point, no need to say IF etc but atleast we're allowed to have our own opinions about it, not?
i'm not saying that you're not allowed to have an oppinion. What i am saying is that the break up of Adelante was such a big event in terms of r8, and it changed the political structure of the round so much, that it's impossible to predict what would have happened if that event never occured.

just say if NoS never left Legion/Xanadu in r4...could you have predicated what would have happened to all the respective alliances in pa during r4 leading all the way up towards the end of r7. that even was a watershed mark in pa history, and it affected the outcome of things for a long time..
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 21:34   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reason could be

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
What i am saying is that the break up of Adelante was such a big event in terms of r8, and it changed the political structure of the round so much, that it's impossible to predict what would have happened if that event never occured.
exactly, and I can fairly say that maybe 4-5% of all the adelante members joined FAnG, not more

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Mar 2003, 22:32   #15
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

mcnally is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
I seem to remember admitting that at the end of r6 (after NoS/WP won).

****ty memory then
mcnally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 22:51   #16
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
If only your aunt had balls,
Then she would be your uncle.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 22:56   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by RexDrax
If only your aunt had balls,
Then she would be your uncle.

If we had ham
we could make ham and eggs
if we had eggs.
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 01:22   #18
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by TeK
Basically vvomm is what existed of FLTV.
u, sir, seriously need to get a clue

but yes, getting on with it is a good idea
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 01:24   #19
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by TeK
Basically vvomm is what existed of FLTV. Except for Eclipse being on the other side this round, Us as FLTV r6 took a beating for weeks straight, and that was a big adjustment from Wiping the universe for r3,4,5
Not entirely true, during r6 most of the current RaH setup were strongly Furgion based. We've seen both sides of the coin now

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 08:11   #20
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by TeK
Maybe a reason why some people are so upset about this Narweet vs Vvomm cause of what took place r6. Basically vvomm is what existed of FLTV. Except for Eclipse being on the other side this round, Us as FLTV r6 took a beating for weeks straight, and that was a big adjustment from Wiping the universe for r3,4,5. This time around i have a nicer galaxy so hopefully ill stick around for the beating that everyone says Narweet will inflict on Vvomm. Virus / Titans ( Oly ) have sorta gone up hill since r6. R7 was a pretty good round for virus, aswell as r8. R7 Fury started strong but later on i rather not go into detail but it was a disgrace to all players. R8 Fury did what they could but they were outnumbered. Fury did what they could and tried to gain members and allies, so isntead Virus did what they needed to do to survive and get Titans / LDK lot to fight with them. No matter how anyone looks at it, theres always a need for 2x the players to gang up...... Every round has it, and it varieys at times. Maybe sometime in this game we can have a time where 1 alliance stands triumph on its own, without help from an other alliance. maybe then a time can be where more players come, not more planets, cause as we kno that has nothing to do with players.

I more or less agree, except for the fact that VoM isn't quite as similar to FLTV was in terms of players as many would have you believe. Ex-Legion members are probably split pretty evenly over the two sides now.

I for one will be interested to see how and in what way the round develops politically.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 12:28   #21
Xerxez
CINC O-holt

Xerxez is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by TeK

<snip>
Us as FLTV r6 took a beating for weeks straight, and that was a big adjustment from Wiping the universe for r3,4,5. This time around i have a nicer galaxy so hopefully ill stick around for the beating that everyone says Narweet will inflict on Vvomm.
<snip>

good luck ;-)
wub you too etc..
r3: [155:17:9] Xerxez of O-holt [none]
r4: [237:8:3] Hannibal Barca of Carthaginian Prime [none]
r5: [33:13:3] Kublai Khan of the Yuan dynasty [Ooooomph!/VtS]
r6: [10:9:4] - Scott Summers - of - Cyclops - [VtS]
r7-: [retired]
Xerxez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 12:37   #22
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by TeK

Well, most of MadCowS members sure dont come from the FLTVT side, most HC got backgrounds from elsewhere. Vision is a group that broke out of WP and Ministry was a wing of Xanadu. ViruS is also today much diffrent than they were in r6 and 7.

Most of us have taken the beating of FLTVT many times. I did my duty in r5 and r7.

MadCowS even joined most of the alliances that are today NARWEET too kill off Titans/LDK last round as they got too strong. The diffrence is that we did it when we felt they clearly was gonna win and we wanted to do our share in giving them a good fight.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote