User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:04   #101
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: Books

I used to love the Redwall series as a kid, too. Fighting mice etc. And the Hardy Boys. Damn, they were fun.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:17   #102
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
I used to love the Redwall series as a kid, too. Fighting mice etc. And the Hardy Boys. Damn, they were fun.

I was having a discussion with a friend the other day about how the Redwall books are so much better than Harry Potter.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:17   #103
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh Redwall, brilliant

i read loads of those in primary school, still have them all in a bookcase somewhere. I remember finishing one in one day when i was sick off school and being quite proud. The badger guy was my favourite, although I can't remember his name now
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:26   #104
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Oh Redwall, brilliant

i read loads of those in primary school, still have them all in a bookcase somewhere. I remember finishing one in one day when i was sick off school and being quite proud. The badger guy was my favourite, although I can't remember his name now
Yeah, I enjoyed the ones with the badgers and the hares most, too. 'Salamandastron' was my favourite, closely followed by 'The Long Patrol'. Oh, the memories.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:40   #105
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

The Redwall series was brilliant. I used to love things like that when younger as a series meant I always had something else to read and would keep my going for a while without having to hunt around for something new which I couldn't be sure I would like.

I can't really remember much about them now though or which was my favourite Shame the Nickelodeon tv series of it was an absolute disgrace.
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 15:33   #106
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When I was in america looking for something to read on the flights I bought one of the redwall books because it reminded me so much of being young
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 08:06   #107
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
By the way, has anyone here ever read the dark tower seires by Stephen King? I absolutely loved them, even though i don't normally like his kind of writing.

Im an avid King reader (so bent on him, i collect him in first edition)

If you get a chance read:
The Talisman
The Stand
The Black House
Insomnia
and Eyes Of the dragon (one of my all time favorites)

Thes above listed books all are written in parallel with the Dark Tower Series. As is desperation, the regulators and hearts in atlantis, although the last 3 arent very good stories.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 08:18   #108
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

The Redwall series... Ahhh what I'd do to be able to be a kid again and read them

I think Mattimeo was probably my favourite. I stopped reading after The Outcast of Redwall, although I got that signed by the man himself
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 09:24   #109
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I used to love Redwall too!
Robin Jarvis was good too, with the Deptford Mice trilogy and the Deptford Histories series (may well have been a trilogy also....)
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 10:57   #110
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
My dad also had a set of six books called the Amtrax Wars, that I got into when I was younger and just reread last year, I dont remember the author but they followed a "gifted" brother and sister in world after a nuclear war where there are three main races, Trackers (people who sealed themselves below ground just before the war, who live in a very rigid system and very high tech,) Mutes (all the people caught above ground who as such are deformed by the radiation) and "Iron Masters" (very much based on the Japanese Samurai system, and who have banned "dark light" (electricity.))

did you not find them terribly hard going? Read them a few years ago and found them to be a real slog.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 12:26   #111
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

It is very long, but I found the story was quite interesting and so didnt take much effort to read.

Although, what I did find is each book tended to start off quite slowly, so the first say 1/5 of the books I would say could be a slog, but once you got passed each books start and into the story proper they held my attention.

I think when I reread them recently, it took me the same amount of time to read the first 1/5th of the book as it took to read the last 4/5, simply because once I got into the last 4/5th I kept saying "I'll just read a bit more for now" amd then couple minutes later "I'll just read a few more pages"

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 10:30   #112
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

http://www.adherents.com/people/100_novel.html

100 best novels of all time. Or?

Wich ones should be there, and aren't, and wich ones that are there, shouldn't be there?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote