User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 23:43   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Battlestar Galactica

Anyone know when the second series of this will be?
I'm assuming there will be one given the end to yesterday's final episode...
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 23:47   #2
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Re: Battlestar Galactica

are you talking about the shitty remake where the cast a woman as the daredevil and lady-killer starbuck ?
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 23:52   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes.
And if you take it "as it is" rather than comparing it to the original, it's quite decent. I can say this because I've never seen the original and so am not trying to compare it to anything.

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 23:55   #4
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

"No decision has yet been taken on whether the show will be picked up for a second season, but Sci Fi has ordered six scripts that, if filmed, could comprise the first half of a second season."

That's from Wikipedia, though, so it could be wrong and/or out of date.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 00:01   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i never really liked it, i stoped watching somewhere around episode 8. i still download it though, but only for the 'collecting and hunting'-feeling.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 00:08   #6
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

imdb just told me that Boomer is also a woman. is she at least black ?
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 00:23   #7
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I'd like to see a second series, given my 'what the ****?' at the end of last nights show.

Boomer, apparently not a clone, but seemingly is now, shoots Adama? Where's the actual Boomer then?

And what happens to the arrow? Do they find Earth? What about the newborn race? Gias's path to ascention?

Too many open ends to not have a second series.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 09:28   #8
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Yo, skid.
Boomer always was an agent but from what the other model was saying (the one that appears to Gias among other things) back on Caprica her model is "weak but gets the job done in the end".
I don't know if you saw them all and I can't remember the episode numbers, but Boomer was the one who blew up the water tanks early on, and then went on to almost sabbotage the search for more water (she nearly blew the raptor up as well) before managing to resist it. Gais knew she was one thanks to his test but the agebt he sees persuaded him not to tell anyone, but he did manage to get her to commit suicide - nearly (the silly cow messed it up which is why she was wandering around with half her face bandaged up - she blew a hole in her cheek ).
So although she was weak, she did indeed get the job done (shooting Adama) in the end.

And fankly the stuff with Gais and his agent which seems to link to Helo having got "other Boomer" pregnent on Caprica is just weird... we were never really told what job "other Boomer" was supposed to be doing with Helo on Caprica, but I guess that was it. Hmmm.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 11:08   #9
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

From what I can tell, none of the clones ever had an original, they always were cyclons just some weren't aware to start with. It's clear that they planned all of this over a very long time getting agents into place before they struck.

It's unclear yet exactly what the cyclons have in plan. It would seem there are some factions that aren't interested in annilating the human race, rather they just want to be acknowledged as sentient beings. Then with the whole Gais arc it would seem some are also interested in starting a new hybrid human/cyclon race. So it could all go in any direction at the moment.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 12:44   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

jesus that series sounds complicated, hail the original's simplicity baby!
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 13:00   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

And no one bothered to tell me there was a full season of BattleStar Galactica airing?
Now I need to wait a few days until I have it completely downloaded.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 15:03   #12
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
jesus that series sounds complicated, hail the original's simplicity baby!
I wouldn't say the original was simple either, the new series borrows much from the original storyline (infact it is placed 50 years after the original). They have however thrown in some choatic elements to keep things fresh.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 07:35   #13
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
(infact it is placed 50 years after the original). They have however thrown in some choatic elements to keep things fresh.
No that's B.S., it's an entire revision of the story line, it does not pick up where the other one left off, at all. In the original series the cylons were the creation of an alien race, in this version they were created by humans. Sorry to bump this thread, but I just now had the show made available to me on itunes and man I love it. It's a lot like 'Lost'. Many parallels. It's really depressing. Anyhow, I'm still working my way through the first season.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 09:10   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "Second Season". There already has been part of the second season shown.

http://www.tv.com/battlestar-galacti....html&season=2

The last episode shown was a cliff-hanger (which I think was midseason).

The show is utterly briliant. It pisses all over the original from a great height in so many ways - although I wouldn't even bother comparing the two. Try to forget the original when watching it, and you'll realise it's easily the best sci-fi show in years.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 09:12   #15
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm not really sure what you mean by "Second Season". There already has been part of the second season shown.

http://www.tv.com/battlestar-galacti....html&season=2

The last episode shown was a cliff-hanger (which I think was midseason).

The show is utterly briliant. It pisses all over the original from a great height in so many ways - although I wouldn't even bother comparing the two. Try to forget the original when watching it, and you'll realise it's easily the best sci-fi show in years.
Dante doesn't know the thread was bumped.

I bumped it because searching for an existing thread is better than making another yes?
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 09:36   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Dante doesn't know the thread was bumped.
D'oh!

Good point. I didn't spot the date. In any case, for those still interested the second season should be recommencing in the New Year. Also; the second season is better than the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I bumped it because searching for an existing thread is better than making another yes?
I personally think so yes (although it's temporarily confusing for people like me early in the morning) but other's seem to disagree and hate bumping threads. Different strokes, etc.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 10:48   #17
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Don't know much about BG, but I've just watched the whole series of Firefly (on some of your recommendations, I might add) in about a day and am just bursting to say how utterly great it is.

How I wish it hadn't been cancelled.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 15:13   #18
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Battlestar Galactica

SciFi channel has recently announced that season 3 of Battlestar Galactica is a go. \o/

After my son and I finished Babylon 5, I was looking for something else and had picked up season 1 of BG on DVD. I was somewhat surprised that it was actually pretty good and now that iTunes has the latest episodes (I don't have cable) I'm a happy camper.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2005, 00:31   #19
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

ohh, bumpage.

Yes it is midway through S2, and I am eagerly awaiting the second half which commences in January (stateside - I'll be doing the usual of downloading the buying DVDs later to get it off the harddrive).
I saw the S3 confirmation too - fantastic.
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 23:16   #20
s|k
Caveat Lector

Okay so now I'm watching the second season and I noticed now that there really aren't any bad guys or good guys. I can't seem to identify with any of the characters, as there are things about each of them that I don't like. I guess that's realistic, but frustrating too. It's hard for me to care about the extinction of these people when they're just so terrible and mean sometimes.

Yes I bumped it, because search & post is better than a new thread.

Last edited by s|k; 21 Dec 2005 at 23:31.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 00:31   #21
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
It's hard for me to care about the extinction of these people when they're just so terrible and mean sometimes.
I often feel that way about GD. :/

With respect to BG, I assume the series is entering a period of moral ambiguity--when the badduns start acting a little bit good and the gooduns start acting a little bit bad; with the kicker being almost nobody knows for sure which side they're really on (human or cylon). In this way, humans and cylons will ultimately discover that they complement one another, that their senseless struggle has all been the result of a gigantic misunderstanding, and proceed arm in claw to a new shared future.

Or something.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 02:30   #22
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Don't know much about BG, but I've just watched the whole series of Firefly (on some of your recommendations, I might add) in about a day and am just bursting to say how utterly great it is.

How I wish it hadn't been cancelled.
What? is there any point in me getting the first series on dvd then?

(cant find it on limewire after downloading the pilot... its ****ing ace and im busting for more)
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 02:31   #23
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Clarification:
He meant that Firefly was canceled. BSG is halfway through season 2 and season 3 has been confirmed.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 02:35   #24
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I know, I was talking about Firefly

Watched a bit of BSG aswel, thought it was good, but I don't really watch tv enough to have sat and watched the seires. Maybe I'll download it.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 02:35   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Battlestar Galactica's exciting cliffhanger from the Pegasus episode will be aired 3rd of january on sci fi channel, and i am quite sure alot of people is looking forward to it. I love the new series. I connect with all the characters really well, none of them are superhumans and none try to be either and I think that they have gotten a very good show going. The main issue I see with the series is the lack of "space action" but the latest episodes in season 2 clearly indicates that this is about to change. Love the show, love the characters and I think that its the best sci-fi on telly since Babylon 5.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 02:38   #26
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I often feel that way about GD. :/

With respect to BG, I assume the series is entering a period of moral ambiguity--when the badduns start acting a little bit good and the gooduns start acting a little bit bad; with the kicker being almost nobody knows for sure which side they're really on (human or cylon). In this way, humans and cylons will ultimately discover that they complement one another, that their senseless struggle has all been the result of a gigantic misunderstanding, and proceed arm in claw to a new shared future.

Or something.
I'm sorry, the Cyclons will have no sympathy from me. Genocide, weird medical experiments with humans, suicide bombers, etc..no way will the show's creators ever manage to blur the line of the Cylons to good. Not even with Sharon (the one that doesn't want to be a Cylon). I hope the finale ends up with every Cylon dead. Also you have to give the writers more credit than you are, the plot doesn't seem to be so linear and predictable.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 02:45   #27
s|k
Caveat Lector

Also I don't get it. Is season 2 over and Jan 6 is season 3 or what's going on?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 03:01   #28
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

For some strange reason (BG have been very irratic in its release dates they split season two into to parts, and the second part of season 2 starts now in January.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 03:09   #29
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

To me, the lack of space action is a good thing. If I want all that I can watch Star Trek - which I don't, because that doesn't really appeal to me.
The fact that it's much more "west wing in space" - that is to say, a people orientated show - is one of it's major draws for me. The basic plot concept would still work if they weren't in space. It just happens to be set there, and the fact that it's not gratuitously flaunted about is a good thing. It's used as just another set, whereas in shows like Star Trek and even Stargate (which I also dislike), being in space is the be all and end all of what the show is about, because the shows are all action orientated and tend to be "reset" at the end of the episode - especially in Star Trek.

I like the majority internal settings and the gritty, militaristic style. Most of the time they could just be on an aircraft carrier for all the set shows.

Also, SK:
Yeah it's halfway through S2. S1 was short (as they weren't sure about it). S2 will be a full 20 episodes, as will S3 (my assumption).
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 03:16   #30
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
To me, the lack of space action is a good thing. If I want all that I can watch Star Trek - which I don't, because that doesn't really appeal to me.
Indeed. I like it because its a persons show myself. Noone is totally good or totally bad. Almost everyone has hidden agendas, (and thoose who hasnt acts like they got one) and everyone is under alot of stress and the actors really shows this magnificent. I must say I love Olmos in his role as Commander Adama most. He's a personification of Battlestar Galactica, just as Lorne Greene was in the old series.

A great show, and a great concept.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 03:22   #31
s|k
Caveat Lector

You know according to the sci-fi channel site they're planning on selling the first half of season 2 on DVD already. :0
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 19:34   #32
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You know according to the sci-fi channel site they're planning on selling the first half of season 2 on DVD already. :0
Yeah, you can pre-order it now on Amazon (avail. in January IIRC). They make so much more money on DVD sales that broadcasting is becoming a loss-leader.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 19:45   #33
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Yeah, you can pre-order it now on Amazon (avail. in January IIRC). They make so much more money on DVD sales that broadcasting is becoming a loss-leader.
Since I bought it with I tunes, I doubt I'll be buying the DVD. Although the itunes quality blows. :<
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 22:46   #34
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Since I bought it with I tunes, I doubt I'll be buying the DVD. Although the itunes quality blows. :<
They probably make more selling them on iTunes than on DVD, but it's all good.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 11:49   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

just thought that people might like to know that HMV have firefly DVD on special offer at the moment - half price at £17.99 (bought it but havent had time to watch it yet )
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 18:36   #36
s|k
Caveat Lector

So...what do you think? You think the Pegasus is going to get owned? I knew if starbuck were fighting with them in a viper they would. I hope they blow that ship up, I don't like those people. :<
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 03:03   #37
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

I doubt it'll end in a firefight between the two ships - they'll probably have to band together against a conveniently timed Cylon attack, or there'll be a mutiny on one of the ships*, or something.

*Pegasus, since it's not called Battlestar Pegasus.
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 05:13   #38
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

If I remember rightly, something similar happened in the original series, and the battlestar they met up with then had to sacrifice itself so that galactica and the fleet could escape. We'll never find out the fate of pegasus, but we'll asume that it will go up against unbeatable odds and will most like be destroyed although we'll never see it actually happen.
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 09:03   #39
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
If I remember rightly, something similar happened in the original series, and the battlestar they met up with then had to sacrifice itself so that galactica and the fleet could escape. We'll never find out the fate of pegasus, but we'll asume that it will go up against unbeatable odds and will most like be destroyed although we'll never see it actually happen.
As long as the entire crew of the pegasus dies, I'm cool with it.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 02:27   #40
s|k
Caveat Lector

Yeah okay I don't like Gaius Baltar anymore.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 03:03   #41
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
EEEEEKKK!! You take that comment back The quality is ace. Even on 57".

I hate sci-fi but Battlestar Galactica is getting such a stir, I figured that if season 2 gets picked up, then I would try the pilot from iTunes. I don't even buy DVD sets anymore, when I can have the entire season at my palm on my iPod video. Plus, you only really watch a DVD series once.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 04:50   #42
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
EEEEEKKK!! You take that comment back The quality is ace. Even on 57".

I hate sci-fi but Battlestar Galactica is getting such a stir, I figured that if season 2 gets picked up, then I would try the pilot from iTunes. I don't even buy DVD sets anymore, when I can have the entire season at my palm on my iPod video. Plus, you only really watch a DVD series once.
Well I do spend $1.99 every week for Lost and BSG, so I must not think they're that bad.

Also, you should watch more than the pilot, season one was good, season 2 is pretty cool. I don't like this whole sabateur thing though.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 05:05   #43
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

seems it is well into season 2. They have a free episode up there!!! I will check it out.

Will the mini series spoil the regular seasons for me?
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 05:07   #44
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Will the mini series spoil the regular seasons for me?
No, the mini-series begins the story. Don't read the episode descriptions while you watch the the show, it will spoil the story.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 10:42   #45
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I bought the mini-series-pilot-thing from HMV over christmas, it cost £4 I think, and enjoed it so much I went out and acquired season 1 straight away. I've not started watching it yet rhough, but will do so soon
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 20:57   #46
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Yeah okay I don't like Gaius Baltar anymore.
Why?
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 21:31   #47
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Because he's turning into even more of a selfserving egomaniac?
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 21:41   #48
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

But he does it so well.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 21:46   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Because he's turning into even more of a selfserving egomaniac?
He's responsible for the deaths of 99% of the human race in the first couple of episodes. I'm curious how someone could have liked him before and then changed their mind. Having said that, I haven't seen the latest episode yet, should do in an hour or so.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 21:59   #50
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

True. But I don't think we were ever meant to hate him (up until now anyway), just distrust him. While what he did was entirely his fault, he had no possible way to know the terrible consequences of his actions. This time he must have a pretty good idea.