User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:23   #1
fuzz_ball

fuzz_ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Mobiles

I was just thinking about what would be a nice touch for Planetarion and also very helpful for people who play the game and that is a section where all the players in the galaxy could put thier mobile numbers just for their own gal mates and if they are not online and one of your gal mates see you have incoming they can text you and let you know, so this way you can get on a PC as quick as possible once you see the text. Lets face it everyone has mobiles these days and it was just a little idea that came into my head, so what do you think guys?

Matt
fuzz_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:27   #2
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road
Re: Mobiles

Couldn't you just make a thread in Gal Forum for that.

Or alternatively get GC or Minister to put in on Overview.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:30   #3
fuzz_ball

fuzz_ball is an unknown quantity at this point

You could but i was just thinking of the layout of the game to just make it that bit more classy looking. Plus not everyone thinks of that idea, so it will present the opportunity to all players and cud make the game a lot harder.
fuzz_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:40   #4
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

To be honest, most gals will have a Gal Forum Thread with Contact Info on.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 17:18   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

There was a thread about this a few rounds back - with payment, include, say 5, sms reports, where an online gal member can send incoming messages to the gal or to a certain member. You can only send a total of 5 messages throughout the whole round, so you can't send them too frequently

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 20:52   #6
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Humm... Giving my mobile number out to gal mates to be woken up at 4am to be informed "OUR GALAXY IS UNDERATTACK"
No Thanks.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 21:55   #7
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxard
Humm... Giving my mobile number out to gal mates to be woken up at 4am to be informed "OUR GALAXY IS UNDERATTACK"
No Thanks.
It's actually pretty fun, you should try it
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 23:04   #8
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

12 year old puts mobile number in to pa
pa gives 12 year olds mobile number out
arseholes start prank calling said 12 year old
said 12 year old's parents arn't to pleased

who gets the blame?

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 23:13   #9
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
No Thanks.
U wouldnt get in mpst top gals then in a priv round without giving that info out
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 23:16   #10
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
12 year old puts mobile number in to pa
pa gives 12 year olds mobile number out
arseholes start prank calling said 12 year old
said 12 year old's parents arn't to pleased

who gets the blame?

-mist

Two days ago, some numpty got hold of my phone # (my pa phone) and decided it would be funny tp phone m,e and hang up every two mins every night at 4am, for an hour.

It wasnt funny
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 23:35   #11
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

forest in "i'm 12" shocker

-mist
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 08:00   #12
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

no its forest in "i use the same phone for over 10 round and 10k people know it" shoker ;p
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 08:37   #13
Forest

Unread 10 Jul 2004, 23:14   #14
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with both points raised

-- putting number on politics can lead to twatish behaviour - my own phone number was put out in #planetarion

And more importantly

-- ringing America whilst you know there sleeping and you see they have eta 1 is just funny
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 23:24   #15
mist
Jolt's best friend

on a completely different note... i don't know forest's phone number :/

-mist
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 04:16   #16
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
on a completely different note... i don't know forest's phone number :/

-mist
can i get it also, as i´m sometimes bored at nights

besides i have posted my cell # in politics since r4 and no one has abused it so far
Unread 11 Jul 2004, 09:47   #17
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
No Thanks.
If Im not online there is little point actualyl phoning me unless I give instructions for the night/day to SMS/phone me if REALLY required.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 03:48   #18
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Sal,

I still love you for ringing me up by shouting at me at 4am when we had incoming in round 6. Really, I DO!
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 10:02   #19
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
U wouldnt get in mpst top gals then in a priv round without giving that info out
Thats why I prefer pa speedgames. It only requires to be online for 2/3 days.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:57   #20
suss

suss is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No Thanks.
Turn your cell off?
suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 21:00   #21
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

The only time it goes off is when it's recharging so no.