User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Sep 2004, 00:04   #1
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The iMac G5

http://www.apple.com/imac/

It looks pretty slick. Innit.

If God existed, he would make all Windows Software run on OSX, and double the speed of the G5 CPU
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 00:13   #2
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: The iMac G5

Yeah, although give it a year or so before buying one if anyones thinking about it.

Standard G5's still have loads of issues with them.

[/Unofficial statement from Apple engineer]
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 00:15   #3
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

Want One

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:19   #4
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

I would prefer it thicker and not such a big bit of plastic

I love how they market it

"from the people who made the ipod! yes thats us, the ipod company! we make computers now!!"

It is essentially a G5 Powerbook in discuise (cant wait for them, even though I would probably get a IBM T42 if I were in the market atm (DISCOUNT!!))
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 08:40   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I don't like the way the screen has that giant lump of plastic under it. Would have looked better with the same screen as that last one. Filling the whole erm...screen...thingy.

Wouldnt get an Apple though. Evar.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 09:16   #6
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
I don't like the way the screen has that giant lump of plastic under it. Would have looked better with the same screen as that last one. Filling the whole erm...screen...thingy.

Wouldnt get an Apple though. Evar.
They had to put the computer somewhere, didn't they :P

I'll be getting one of these - My dad can get the VAT off for me, which is always a bonus

Skiddy, any chance you could elaborate on the issues with the G5?
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 09:21   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I don't like the shape either... it's like a rectangular block of plastic.
Nice accomplishment to get a complete PC in that little housing though.