User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:48   #1
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point
What kinds of beer/ alcoholic drinks does everybody enjoy.

I am from the US and was just wondering if you chaps in Europe drink any of our beer like Budweiser, Miller Light, Sam Adams, etc. Also just to expand the discussion, feel free to share with us what types of beer/drinks everybody enjoys.

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:50   #2
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Re: What kinds of beer/ alcoholic drinks does everybody enjoy.

heineken, stella or hoegaarden ... oh maybe a fosters from time to time.

if im in germany - radler

guinness sucks
snakebite is evil

champagne: Veuve-Clicquot, moet and if with a couple of friends (share the cost) cristal or don

wine: dont really drink it - if i did it is usually red. don't care for the name.

spirits: anything but whisky. I no likey whiskey

Last edited by Zar; 26 Jun 2004 at 18:55.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:51   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Guinness, red wine, port.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:53   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

American beer, in general, tastes of slightly alcoholic water.

My favourite beer at the moment is Deuchars IPA.

If anyone's ever in Shefield - The Devonshire Cat does 100 different types of beer from around the world! they have a beer list, it's cool!

I've become a bitter drinker recently, in pubs anyway... I do have Fosters or Carlsberg if I want it out of the can.
Premium Lager (stella, grolsch etc) gives me a headache

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 18:54   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

beer or wodka-jus, when I go out, which is not that often

In general I am more of a tea/coffee guy anyways
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:03   #6
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
American beer, in general, tastes of slightly alcoholic water.

My favourite beer at the moment is Deuchars IPA.

If anyone's ever in Shefield - The Devonshire Cat does 100 different types of beer from around the world! they have a beer list, it's cool!

I've become a bitter drinker recently, in pubs anyway... I do have Fosters or Carlsberg if I want it out of the can.
Premium Lager (stella, grolsch etc) gives me a headache
I must admit that most mainstream american beers do taste like flavored water, however, some of our beers are flavorful. I personally like Sam Adams (american), Guinness (Irish?), and Heinekin Dark (Dutch). Spirit wise I have been drink Rum and coke lately, although I rarely do drink hard liquor.

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:14   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One or two guinesses a week is plenty. Dont drink other beers.

Im a strongbow man.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:15   #8
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Guinness makes Vaio a happy man

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:17   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Guinness!

Or Heineken if Guinness is inappropriate. Rarely Carlsberg, although I've developed a taste for ice cold Miller while watching football. Vodka and redbull if I'm out on the tear. Whiskey and tuborg (not together obviously) if I'm aiming to get hammered. Vodka straight up if we're having a ridiculous drinking contest. Red (rarely white) wine with a meal. That's about it probably.

PS Everyone who praises Guinness in this thread has moved up at least three notches in my eyes
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:22   #10
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Snakebite sheer head-****, lol
Wifebeater, always a good un
Agwa, a kind of spirit designed to be mixed in with a pint, great for a good night
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:22   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'll drink pretty much anything apart from Guinness and wine.

Stella or Kronenbourg would be my favourite lagars.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:32   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: What kinds of beer/ alcoholic drinks does everybody enjoy.

I enjoy most beers. My favorite American beer is Leinenkugels (original). My current favorite import is Bass Ale. For wines, I prefer Columbia Valley reds.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 20:02   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If i can get my hands on it, Mountain Dew, and lots of it.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 20:32   #14
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Wine during meals, port after meals and whiskey the rest of the time.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 21:02   #15
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Kronenbourg!
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 21:24   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
PS Everyone who praises Guinness in this thread has moved up at least three notches in my eyes
So much for Zar and JC
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 21:32   #17
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I'm no expert, far from it, but I like Budwesier.

PS. I think it's because Bud tastes less like beer than most beers, and beer tastes horrible, let's face it. Ribena all the way. \o/
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 21:59   #18
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

I like any local ales, or any ales I have not tried.
My favourite beer is sarah hughes dark ruby mild, which is an excellent beer.

Lagers/Pilsners Wise, I like grolsch and I have aquired a taste for cobra, especially after/during a curry

Vodka, its pretty much smirnoff blue label.
Whiskey, any decent scotch 12 Year single really, but I do like some bourbons, knob creek for example is wonderful.

Wine wise I usually prefer bordeax wite wine, and italian Red wine.
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 22:08   #19
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
If i can get my hands on it, Mountain Dew, and lots of it.
I have lots and lots and lots of mountain dew here.

There's even a red version of it which is more fruity.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 22:14   #20
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

You tried livewire Sunday, that stuff is lush
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 22:43   #21
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On the subject of local ales, one of my locals had a beer festival in the garden a few weeks ago.
I tried most of what was on the rack, and I have to say at least half of them tasted like somebody had already drunk it.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 22:59   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Until recently I'd have said either a pint of smooth or a Caledonian 80, but I've suddenly taken a liking to Guinness to the extent that I've not had a pint of anything else in months
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 01:58   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Until recently I'd have said either a pint of smooth or a Caledonian 80, but I've suddenly taken a liking to Guinness to the extent that I've not had a pint of anything else in months
I have shown you the way
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 03:50   #24
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Guinness, Carlsberg and Budweiser, the original from Czech Rep. ofc. .
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 04:24   #25
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
I have lots and lots and lots of mountain dew here.

There's even a red version of it which is more fruity.
The red stuff is absoloutely vile. I tried it a while back.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 05:08   #26
Rico Suave
Pure Evil

Rico Suave is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't like beer, I drink tequila.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 07:50   #27
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Guinness is my favourite but I will often drink piss poor lager like Carling or Fosters when it is cheap.

I speant my last £20 of my overdraft yesterday so the only beer I'll be drinking for a while (until someone lends me money) will be the John Smiths cans I have.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 11:15   #28
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

I like my Jupiler (belgium)
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 11:30   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't drink beer of any form.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 12:22   #30
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

Guiness for me, when I do drink it's usually Carling. After the pubs, I tend not to drink pints as I get hideously drunk and spill them everywhere so I change to Newcastle Brown Ale.

However, when I have a bottle of it (it's not sold in the uk) a nice few shots of Get van Set its soooooo nice with ice.

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 12:28   #31
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanG
Guiness for me, when I do drink it's usually Carling.

Unread 27 Jun 2004, 12:56   #32
Alex-

Alex- is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.wagenschenke.ch/
Alex- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 14:32   #33
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Budweiser for me, others such as Carling, Carlsberg, fosters, heineken and stella, i prefer my lagers, dont like beers like guinness or boddies...

vodka and white wine is good too..
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 14:32   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Guinness is a stout.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 14:38   #35
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Corona im quite fond of.
Same with Bud.

Cant stand Guiness...its :-((((

As for Ale...

Speckled Hen is quite good....i have friends who are trying to ween me onto old man drinks already :-(
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 18:16   #36
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Tannenzäpfle/Becks/Rigo/Smirnoff

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 18:52   #37
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

'Old man drinks' are where it's at
Can't get much better than (most) pints from the pump. Working in a country pub comes in useful ¬_¬ Keg beer is nasty.

Guiness is alright... for maybe a pint. Try to avoid lagers unless it's a hot day or I'm drinking cans

Best.beer.ever was a pint of Old Speckled Hen on gravity down in the south of england. Beautiful..
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 20:28   #38
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pretty much any Belgian beer, except for very light ones.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 20:45   #39
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMak
'Old man drinks' are where it's at
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 21:23   #40
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Stereotypical american beers ie Budweiser and Miller etc are disgusting watery swill. Fact.
Drinking the guiness you get in the UK and enjoying it proves you have absolutly no taste whatsoever. The stuff in ireland is fantastic, but the shit in this country is basically black vomit.
"Working class" beers/lagers (Tennants, Mcewans, Fosters etc) are just as awful as Budweiser and Miller.
I know little about Cider, and therefore cant pass judgement on it, however i do think that someone passes water into it judging by the flavour.

I drink whiskey, nothing else, and never blended crap.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 21:42   #41
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Pyro, you ever tried ale
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:42   #42
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
Pyro, you ever tried ale
I think I possibly have, but cant really remember it. I would be open to trying it again
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 23:02   #43
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

beers:

- hoegaarden (white or grand cru)
- leffe (tripel)
- grolsch
- erdinger
- jupiler
and many others i cba to mention atm.

wine:

- dry and white
- rose
- beaujolais
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:22   #44
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

beers
-heineken
-spaten the blue one (october fest nice one)
-coruna
-tiger (only when i'm indian restaurants)
-guiness (once in blue moon when i want to feel like a student again)
-bulmers (summer time on a nice day in beer garden)

spirits
-jd and coke
-jameson and red lemonade
-Fat Frogs
-whatever I find unattended
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:26   #45
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

While out in the pub or on the town:

Heinken (if not available on tap then bud or if I'm feeling fancy, Erdinger)
Jack Daniels (straight with ice,not fouled by mixer,wont touch it without ice)
Sambuca (if straight shots are called for)

If at BBQ or at home drinking for some reason:
Whatever the hell is there.

If I was being fancy and buying stuff, I might go for Corona.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:40   #46
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event_Horizon
I am from the US and was just wondering if you chaps in Europe drink any of our beer like Budweiser, Miller Light, Sam Adams, etc.
three of america's most horrid beers.

if you want to drink without any of the EVUL BEER FLAVER then coors light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't drink beer of any form.
/ alcoholic drinks

Anyway, over the weekend i had:
Iron City Beer.
Rolling Rock
Bass Ale
Budweiser
Bud Light (i was in a karaoke bar in outstate kentucky and all they had was the macros)
Corona
Miller in some form or another

And:
G&T (Bombay Sapphire)
Grey Goose Vodka (on ice. Very good actually)

This selection depended more on what was available than anything else.

Had I my druthers it would have been less miller/budweiser more molson.

[begin guinness story]i wasn't a big guinness fan, but out of duty i bought a case of guinness for st. patrick's day and set about consuming it myself. theory was that i would be mostly using it in irish car bombs, but i never got my hands on a shot glass

anyway, this was clearly a situation where i would either end up reviling it for the rest of my life or develop a taste for it. and happily the latter happened. but i'm probably not going to try to drink a case of guinness by myself again anytime in the near future[/end story]
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:52   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

OK, I also drink vodka then.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:53   #48
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
OK, I also drink vodka then.
what kind?

on ice?

with orange juice?

or kahlua?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:56   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
what kind? on ice? with orange juice?
Often with ice, and hopefully with orange juice. Whatever's available really. I'm a bit of a pikey I suppose. I generally end up getting drunk while on the street or in a park.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 17:03   #50
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis

[begin guinness story]i wasn't a big guinness fan, but out of duty i bought a case of guinness for st. patrick's day and set about consuming it myself. theory was that i would be mostly using it in irish car bombs, but i never got my hands on a shot glass
you mean Belfast Bombers?

I've never heard of a drink called Irish Car Bombs.

P.S. Speaking of terrorists etc anyone watch Fantasy Football last night with Ray Houghton? Hilarity!