User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 May 2004, 12:43   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Phraktos

I'd just like to say that personally I feel really sorry for all those Phraktos members, maybe those who weren't around all the time or who weren't vocal, who suddenly found their HC had put them at war, in most cases with galaxy mates, then found Krush and Touri, (who quit FAnG to join Phraktos if I'm not mistaken?) deleted their planets after FAnG, MISTU and other alliances hit Phraktos in reply to their unannounced launches just 1 1/2 days ago, and since then have really seen players leave to join other alliances or just quit as the round ends in about 10 days time.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and they all had a secret vote about going to war and wanting to hit everyone else, but I doubt it somehow. I think anyone trying to keep Phraktos going is creditworthy, if fighting an impossible battle, and I'm not sure whether we'll see Phraktos around next round or not. If we do, I'll have nothing but respect left for those in it from this round.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 12:50   #2
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Phraktos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I'd just like to say that personally I feel really sorry for all those Phraktos members, maybe those who weren't around all the time or who weren't vocal, who suddenly found their HC had put them at war, in most cases with galaxy mates, then found Krush and Touri, (who quit FAnG to join Phraktos if I'm not mistaken?) deleted their planets after FAnG, MISTU and other alliances hit Phraktos in reply to their unannounced launches just 1 1/2 days ago, and since then have really seen players leave to join other alliances or just quit as the round ends in about 10 days time.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and they all had a secret vote about going to war and wanting to hit everyone else, but I doubt it somehow. I think anyone trying to keep Phraktos going is creditworthy, if fighting an impossible battle, and I'm not sure whether we'll see Phraktos around next round or not. If we do, I'll have nothing but respect left for those in it from this round.

Well said

But so much happened what most of the phraktos member prolly didnt even know about.
I assume krush handled alone and thought hisself worthy enough to talk for the entire alliance
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 12:53   #3
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

To All Of You Who Are Gonna Flame Phraktos In This Thread:

I Totally Agree With You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 12:53   #4
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

I am wondering how many Phraktos players are allowed to join Mistu/Fang or any other alliance for that matter.

Once there was "honour" for an alliance in not taking in "defectors".

is that honour still there ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 12:58   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
I am wondering how many Phraktos players are allowed to join Mistu/Fang or any other alliance for that matter.

Once there was "honour" for an alliance in not taking in "defectors".

is that honour still there ?
I don't think that any Phraktos players applying for other alliances will be immediately taken in, but if they're good players who weren't at fault for the fall of Phraktos, then why shouldn't they be taken in? If you were a, say, top 200 player, who's alliance suddenly went downhill through no fault of your own; half of who's players had quit, and who everyone had the co-ords of and were hitting in waves (lo Vision, I know you're doing it probably more than FAnG ), then what would you do?
Unread 9 May 2004, 12:58   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens
To All Of You Who Are Gonna Flame Phraktos In This Thread:

I Totally Agree With You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111
you'll look rather stupid if no one else flames the thread then.
Unread 9 May 2004, 14:16   #7
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

i must say even i feel somewhat sorry for Phraktos. so much so i even apologised to one when i found out my target this morning was phraktos (i didnt actually know). i've played every round of PA and i've never seen so prominent an alliance die so drastically and visibly, without even a blaze of glory...

as i write there are 47 members remaining. That's still enough to make a decent go of it, IF (and it's probably a big 'if' i expect) they can get their act together. but with just 10 days left is there much point?

i never liked FPM but this is just sad
Unread 9 May 2004, 14:17   #8
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I feel really sorry for all those Phraktos members, maybe those who weren't around all the time or who weren't vocal, who suddenly found their HC had put them at war,
Maybe I'm completely wrong and they all had a secret vote about going to war and wanting to hit everyone else, but I doubt it somehow.
Err, wtf. Planetarion is a war game. (And it's an HC's job to choose those wars as they see fit, because they're much more qualified to decide these things, and they often know details they have to keep secret from their members.)

I think maybe you meant you feel sorry for those Phraktos members who suddenly found they weren't at war for 4-5 weeks?
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 14:46   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
Err, wtf. Planetarion is a war game. (And it's an HC's job to choose those wars as they see fit, because they're much more qualified to decide these things, and they often know details they have to keep secret from their members.)

I think maybe you meant you feel sorry for those Phraktos members who suddenly found they weren't at war for 4-5 weeks?
I know it's a war game. But tbh, I think we can see, though the HC's job is to decide which war to make, I think everyone can see they chose wrong. I'm not sure how many are left that would claim to care. I feel sorry for the members who've suffered from their HC's choice, that's all. If they wanted to break the FPM triad, they should have at least done as they were rumored to almost have done, to ally with wp or something, arrange lots of launches and have some structure going, instead of having one attaack after delcaring war and not much else.
Unread 9 May 2004, 15:33   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I feel sorry for the members too. They put their trust in the HC there, and the HC let them down.

Also, I don't see any reason why an ex-phraktos member wouldn't be allowed to move to FAnG or MISTU. They fought on that side before. If they get through the application (although I'm not even sure if MISTU are still recruiting, I'll have to ask an RO) ok, with vouches etc, thats fine by me...
Unread 9 May 2004, 15:39   #11
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

TomKat worried about losing 2nd place to WP?

Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 16:04   #12
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Also, I don't see any reason why an ex-phraktos member wouldn't be allowed to move to FAnG or MISTU.
If i was a HC and had the possibility of recruiting someone jumping ship like that i would be very wary. They are obviously showing absolutely no loyalty and only care about their own score rather than helping their alliance so are quite willing to jump to the winning side as soon as things take a turn for the worse. I would have no guarentee they wont do exactly the same thing in a few weeks/months time if suddenly my alliance is on the wrong side of a war.
Unread 9 May 2004, 16:10   #13
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

The round only lasts for 10 more days. Everyone recruiting ex-phraktos players now just has no spine... AFTER those 10 days is another story ofcourse.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 16:42   #14
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
If i was a HC and had the possibility of recruiting someone jumping ship like that i would be very wary. They are obviously showing absolutely no loyalty and only care about their own score rather than helping their alliance so are quite willing to jump to the winning side as soon as things take a turn for the worse. I would have no guarentee they wont do exactly the same thing in a few weeks/months time if suddenly my alliance is on the wrong side of a war.
Our HC and Officers all quit, there is no command structure. No command=no direction. No direction=no future. If you were on private server seeing the way it is now, you'd agree to. Even after our HC's quit, Officers quit/kicked, there were still some of us on private server trying to get some defence for people. About 10 people total when I was in there.

And everytime a phraktos got waved, we couldn't cover it, they just wanted to delete as well. You have no idea what you are talking about. You have not been in the conditions we have been in the past few days since this whole fiasco started.
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 16:46   #15
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
If i was a HC and had the possibility of recruiting someone jumping ship like that i would be very wary.
JC - the HC (Krush) deleted his own planet and quit when he realised he'd lose his ships.

Loyalty and dedication isn't something the HC have set a good example for.
Unread 9 May 2004, 16:49   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle
Our HC and Officers all quit, there is no command structure. No command=no direction. No direction=no future. If you were on private server seeing the way it is now, you'd agree to. Even after our HC's quit, Officers quit/kicked, there were still some of us on private server trying to get some defence for people. About 10 people total when I was in there.

And everytime a phraktos got waved, we couldn't cover it, they just wanted to delete as well. You have no idea what you are talking about. You have not been in the conditions we have been in the past few days since this whole fiasco started.
To assume i have never been in a shit alliance with 24/7 incoming and no possible defence is a bit stupid when you dont know me.

Anyways, you might want to re-read my post, i wasnt so much having a go at Phraktos members that are jumping ship, i was putting myself in the shoes of a FAnG or Mistu HC and saying what i would be thinking. I have never had a problem recruiting people in between rounds, however i dont see the point of recruiting people mid round from an opposing block, as you are just leaving yourself open for problems that you dont need to subject yourself to seeing as you are already winning.
Unread 9 May 2004, 16:54   #17
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You have not been in the conditions we have been in the past few days since this whole fiasco started.
I remember ND being waved and ppl not deleting...
But anyways, kudos to the ppl in Phraktos deciding for the war.
Unread 9 May 2004, 16:56   #18
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

All of that I can understand - but here's something puzzling me which you may be able to explain. Most phraktos got wave after wave of inbound last night - mainly from Mistu/FAng. But those in certain galaxies, such as yours, got very little inbound - as though they'd already defected before the command of Phraktos totally disintegrated.

Not just that, but some Phraktos (including some of your galaxy - though not you personally) proceeded to send attacks at other Phraktos, in some cases using all 3 of their fleets.

Those Phraktos attacking other Phraktos with 3 fleets are clearly either:

1. Taking roid donations from Phraktos members who no longer care - which is farming and against the rules,
2. Have such a low level of loyalty that they not only jump ship but assist in killing off their former comrades.

Do you have any infromation on which of these is it?

And which do other AD readers find most disgusting - the behaviour of these individuals, or the behaviour of the HC of Mistu/FAng which, even if not accepting them as members, are happy to give these planets protection?
Unread 9 May 2004, 18:03   #19
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

The following View is something im expressing as an individual and do not reflect in any way my alliance views.
What happened to Phraktos right now is something i can say i experienced in the Past, is end of Round10 sounds to you a little bit familiar?

An alliance can be an analogy to a troop in the Army, Soldiers are gathered around their officers, They fight with him day day and put their trust in him, as an ex-soldier and ex-officer in the Army, i would say that if i didnt trust my officer, i wouldnt dare to go into many missions we had and i wouldnt follow him because this can result into a very bad experience at the worst case: Death.

The same was about Phraktos, the minute Grim left Phraktos and the alliance was commanded by the Few HCs left, (Colle left too but made a fishy come back or at least walked around like he owned the place), Trust and respect for an officer is not something you give in 1 day, its something you build over time.
Which mean, that Phraktos members knew that Krush and the other combination of their Officers was a bad combination and couldnt be trusted.

SO basically we have an alliance with a low activity and recent problems who continued to carry on, kicking one by one their 'inactives' members and roiding them, thinking its all about score/roids.
If you stay with your HC (no matter if they are compentent or not) during nice Time, you are Forced to stay in the BAD time, Having your HC declaring war on other alliance, no matter if it was wrong or good, is one of the power given to the CEO/HC by the member of the alliance, therefore if you didnt trust Krush: Why the hell did you continue to play under him? and if he did Self Elected himself to CEO while you all knew he wouldnt be effective, why did you continue to play with him and did not took over the alliance.

You (Phraktos) worked hard this round to finish off the round, But by not taking down the HC or making a stand and leave your alliance before the war, you acted like you didnt care, you stayed therefore you all need to take responsabilities on this and stand united, because its obvious that your HC (krush) is no longer around, he left - he ran away.

you had many chance to leave your alliance (if at your views it really suck) and join other alliance or at least make it to shock your HCs and maybe push them to improve it.

But you didnt, you stayed and you tought you would end the round with #2 in alliance ranking and peting your nice Roids and your nice Ranks, when suddently Krush declared war on FAnG and MISTU, all went down, all your nice plans were called off, and you had 2 choices:

1.Obey to your HC and kill us and stand with your mates from your alliances.
2.Quit your alliance, betray your HC (why now?? because its the easiest way to save your own skin?), Betray your Mates and join another alliance?

Theses make me think, that basically i wouldnt go too far and say i am sorry about the phraktos members, because theses who come to me and say that phraktos was shit all round are just hypocrite that stayed all the round in Phraktos for selfish Reasons (and tbh i wouldnt like to play with them) or the one who really enjoyed Phraktos but left after they saw the fall of their alliance, are just traitors that need to be roided to the Ground by either FAnG/MISTU or either the Enemy to teach them and show them what is Loyalty.

I must agree with Syn_sid, especially FAnG - They dont have to recruit anymore, WE are fine and Big Enough to finish this round on our own, with the same memberbase than the initial one WE had at tick 1.
In fact, this War just pushed us to become Active 100% again, bringing some joy and roids to us back.
Unread 9 May 2004, 18:37   #20
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Not just that, but some Phraktos (including some of your galaxy - though not you personally) proceeded to send attacks at other Phraktos, in some cases using all 3 of their fleets.
The person in Waffle's galaxy who did that was kicked from Phraktos within hours of the war starting for no apparent reason that we know of. It was only after this that he then launched on Phraktos.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 18:53   #21
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
The person in Waffle's galaxy who did that was kicked from Phraktos within hours of the war starting for no apparent reason that we know of. It was only after this that he then launched on Phraktos.
You know what we could do, stop talkin about our galaxy. .
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
Unread 9 May 2004, 19:09   #22
Tomkat

Quote:
But those in certain galaxies, such as yours, got very little inbound - as though they'd already defected before the command of Phraktos totally disintegrated.
You're serious? You believe that the reason we didn't hit some Phraktos galaxies was because they had some kind of protection from us? The reason was simply that we were concentrating on some galaxies to weaken their overall force. There's no way we could hit every single Phraktos member in one night, so we concentrated on galaxies.

Quote:
Are you playing this round? You can't hit members in your alliance. The game has hardcoded it so you are unable to.

Quote:
And which do other AD readers find most disgusting - the behaviour of these individuals, or the behaviour of the HC of Mistu/FAng which, even if not accepting them as members, are happy to give these planets protection?
Actually I find this blatant rumour-mongoring to to be the most disgusting
Unread 9 May 2004, 21:45   #23
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
You're serious? You believe that the reason we didn't hit some Phraktos galaxies was because they had some kind of protection from us? The reason was simply that we were concentrating on some galaxies to weaken their overall force. There's no way we could hit every single Phraktos member in one night, so we concentrated
Hmm, well i'll wait to see you hit the rest of the (ex) phraktos tonight. My money is that the ones in top 5 galaxies don' get hit. Nothing todo with you "couldn't hit them" - FM membership is more than double that of Phraktos even before their deletions etc. Most Ph were in mfp galaxies - where your members can't defend. If you can manage 4+ waves on PH in some galaxies you could have managed 1 wave on all. By "you" here i refer to FM - as most of the inbound on them, in fairness, wasn't Mistu.

*You* may not know the political situation - but just try getting clearance from your HC to hit the Ph in the #1 galaxy and you'll find out just how shitty it is.

Quote:
Are you playing this round? You can't hit members in your alliance. The game has hardcoded it so you are unable to.
Yes I'm playing this round. I've been away for a few days at a time a couple of occasions so can't claim to be playing it seriously - and i'm not in mfp. That my planet is still larger than yours is a testament of just how bad today's alliances are. Yeah I know you can't hit members in your own alliance - well played on missing the point totally. My post was entirely about Ph who left the ingame alliance so they could roid others still in it.

No offence intended about your planet being small - I'm sure you haven't been playing seriously.

Quote:
Actually I find this blatant rumour-mongoring to to be the most disgusting
Try news-scans - they aren't rumour-mongering. So the #10 planet in the top galaxy was kicked from Ph for no reason? If You were kciked from your alliance for no reason, and your alliance was at war with the top 2 alliances in the game, and you could get 0 out of galaxy defence would YOU be sending 3 fleets on attack? At non-HC of your ex-alliance?

I may not be playing this round seriously but i can still smell bullshit a mile off.
Unread 9 May 2004, 21:48   #24
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I for one am very dissapointed by phraktos's quick demise, i wa slooking forw ard to an exciting end to the round :/

Still as much as I feel sorry for all thosoe let down by Phraktos HC etc, I would still like to see the Phraktos in the top 4 gals die.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 21:57   #25
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch

I must agree with Syn_sid, especially FAnG - They dont have to recruit anymore, WE are fine and Big Enough to finish this round on our own, with the same memberbase than the initial one WE had at tick 1.
In fact, this War just pushed us to become Active 100% again, bringing some joy and roids to us back.
You are big enough to finish this round on your own, but FAnG command made the concious decision to accept people leaving phraktos to make it easier?

:/
Unread 9 May 2004, 22:15   #26
Tomkat

Quote:
*You* may not know the political situation - but just try getting clearance from your HC to hit the Ph in the #1 galaxy and you'll find out just how shitty it is.
You mean the planets that have expressed an interest to move to either FAnG or MISTU, as their alliance is crumbling and falling apart? Of course we're not going to hit them... they'll soon be friendly.

Quote:
My post was entirely about Ph who left the ingame alliance so they could roid others still in it.
Why would someone leave an alliance simply to roid it? We all saw what happened to Touri when he left his protection behind. A planet without alliance defence is very easy to take down. Gaining roids isn't worth that risk. Those planets didn't just leave to raid Phraktos, they left to move elsewhere.

Quote:
No offence intended about your planet being small - I'm sure you haven't been playing seriously.
None taken sir... I know my planet isn't particularly large (rank 210 or so atm). There's various reasons.
It's not that I haven't played seriously - I have been pretty active. It's more that I have played for my alliance, and not for myself. I take the crappy targets that are left in raids.
I customised my fleet to roid Xans, to cover them in galaxy raids. Because of that, I had a couple of unfortunate landings on them and had my Scythes all wiped out twice.
I also lost 75% of my FR recently, as a Xan landed on me who I wasn't expecting to land (he lost 20k FI though... silly goose).
Unread 9 May 2004, 22:27   #27
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
You mean the planets that have expressed an interest to move to either FAnG or MISTU, as their alliance is crumbling and falling apart? Of course we're not going to hit them... they'll soon be friendly.
But this is precisely the point I initially made. Forget all the smoke/mirrors about "we couldn't cover all phraktos" - some of them seemed to have made deals with FM before Ph even collapsed - hence them never getting inbound. And hence my comments about which was worse. You may believe individuals leaving their alliance then roiding their ex alliance mates same day is fine - and I'll respect your views on that. Personally I find it repugnant.

And sure - they "expressed an interest to move to FAng or MISTU": do you seriously expect me (or anyone else for that matter) to believe that "expressing an interest" gives you a planetary nap? Depending on whether they had the consent of their targets or not they either farmed or are low-life scum: all i'm interested in is knowing which of the two.

EDIT: Oh, and my condolences on your experience with a xan. I've had attackers land on me who I expected to recall - plus I've landed on a xan who had an entirely different fleet to what I eexpcted (with pretty bad results for me)
Unread 9 May 2004, 22:51   #28
Tomkat

Quote:
But this is precisely the point I initially made. Forget all the smoke/mirrors about "we couldn't cover all phraktos" - some of them seemed to have made deals with FM before Ph even collapsed - hence them never getting inbound.
It was only 2 nights ago that Phraktos declared war on us. 1 night ago that Phraktos effectively fell apart. So we have only had 2 nights in which we could hit them. Of course some were going to be avoided - like I said, we couldn't hit all of them ("we couldnt cover all phraktos"). First night we hit some, second night we hit others. By now though, Phraktos has all but disbanded.

Quote:
And sure - they "expressed an interest to move to FAng or MISTU": do you seriously expect me (or anyone else for that matter) to believe that "expressing an interest" gives you a planetary nap?
I worded that badly. I couldn't say that they are FAnG or MISTU now, as we still have that 72 hour wait before they can change alliances. "Expressing an interest" meant "they plan to be MISTU or FAnG just as soon as they're allowed to change alliances". Yes, we could roid them dry as they are still hostile. Or we could wait until they are friendly, perhaps get some new loyal members for next round, and not annoy our members by roiding their galmates. I prefer the latter myself.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, and my condolences on your experience with a xan. I've had attackers land on me who I expected to recall - plus I've landed on a xan who had an entirely different fleet to what I eexpcted (with pretty bad results for me)
I don't like the lack of Military Scans
Although it does make the game slightly more exciting (as exciting as numbers on a screen can get...), not knowing what to expect when you land.
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:23   #29
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
i've played every round of PA and i've never seen so prominent an alliance die so drastically and visibly, without even a blaze of glory...
there is exactly one precedent for such a thing, and you have to go way back to round 2.

Concordium was the most feared alliance of r1, and came out strong as WaC in r2. The moment Fury+Legion declared war, they folded like a bad hand of cards, setting the stage for 2 more rounds of single sided boredom.
Cayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:24   #30
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Depending on whether they had the consent of their targets or not they either farmed or are low-life scum: all i'm interested in is knowing which of the two.
As you can see in the news scans of Dreamy(#10 in 22:8), when he launched the 3 fleets he was teaming up with galaxy members. They had claimed these targets in either a MISTU or FAnG raid so he was just helping out to increase the chances of a successful attack, he had no say in picking them. So I suppose he would be low life scum then but personally I don't see the harm in attacking an alliance who kicked you out. You earlier mentioned

Quote:
would YOU be sending 3 fleets on attack? At non-HC of your ex-alliance?
The distinction of non-HC is worthless to me, I would just go wherever best I could get roids or help my galaxy mates most. I agree he was foolish to use three fleets but I suppose he assumed that due to the fact he had nearly joined MISTU then they would not hit him and the galaxy could cover him if he was attacked.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:37   #31
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
As you can see in the news scans of Dreamy(#10 in 22:8), when he launched the 3 fleets he was teaming up with galaxy members. They had claimed these targets in either a MISTU or FAnG raid so he was just helping out to increase the chances of a successful attack, he had no say in picking them. So I suppose he would be low life scum then but personally I don't see the harm in attacking an alliance who kicked you out. You earlier mentioned

The distinction of non-HC is worthless to me, I would just go wherever best I could get roids or help my galaxy mates most. I agree he was foolish to use three fleets but I suppose he assumed that due to the fact he had nearly joined MISTU then they would not hit him and the galaxy could cover him if he was attacked.
The distinction between HC/non-HC was based on the supposed conecept that he was kicked from Phraktos for no apparent reason: if I were kicked from an alliance for no reason I'd be aggrieved at the HC - but not at my fellow members. Assuming that your galaxy can cover you for inbounds is the height of selfishness - and is the attitude that got Ph into their mess in the first place ("I don't need to build def fleets - other members can defend me. Oh fk, none of us have defence fleets!")

If you truly believe someone who leaves their alliance and the same day attacks their ex-alliance members with 3 fleets in justified then we'll have to agree to differ. Personally, I'd roid them into the ground before letting them near my alliance. Tomkat mentioned this as being a chance to recruit new loyal members for next round - all I can say to that is that my expereience is that ship-jumpers during a war in PA have never proved (to any great degree) to be loyal members in my experience. I'd far rather recruit (for the next round) members who stuck by their old alliance for the round's duration and took their punishment with their alliance-mates.
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:47   #32
Tomkat

Quote:
Personally, I'd roid them into the ground before letting them near my alliance.
Perhaps... But I think Phraktos had other problems to think about at the time. Namely, that their top-down hierarchical structure had been snipped at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid
I'd far rather recruit (for the next round) members who stuck by their old alliance for the round's duration and took their punishment with their alliance-mates.
I get the impression from what I've been told that Phraktos' private rooms and server are in a state of disorder. The members have all been left high and dry, abandoned by a lot of officers and HC. My hat goes off to those who stay, but it is a lost cause. This isn't the same as sticking with an alliance that has been roided and lost a war, it's moving somewhere else sooner rather than later.
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:56   #33
midge5
mmm lambs

Quote:
The distinction between HC/non-HC was based on the supposed conecept that he was kicked from Phraktos for no apparent reason: if I were kicked from an alliance for no reason I'd be aggrieved at the HC - but not at my fellow members. Assuming that your galaxy can cover you for inbounds is the height of selfishness - and is the attitude that got Ph into their mess in the first place ("I don't need to build def fleets - other members can defend me. Oh fk, none of us have defence fleets!")
If the galaxy couldn't cover him then he was screwed anyway due to having no alliance. If it needed his fleet home then he could just recall his attacks and have his fleet home in time. As for being aggrieved with the HC, that is true but once you are gone you may as well do what is best for yourself and that is unlikely to be by launching on the alliance HC who are probably more likely to get defence. While they may have been your alliance just recently they are now the enemy so you may as well hurt them wherever you can and you then indirectly hurt the HC as you are weakening their alliance.

Quote:
If you truly believe someone who leaves their alliance and the same day attacks their ex-alliance members with 3 fleets in justified then we'll have to agree to differ. Personally, I'd roid them into the ground before letting them near my alliance.
We will have to agree to disagree then. My reasoning was though once an alliance kicks you out then I would have no problem launching on them if it was clear someone just hadn't screwed up somewhere. Attacking with 3 fleets I don't agree with really but if you have no alliance to def and all your fleet was out attacking(would people notice so much someone sending all their ships in just 1 fleet? I have a feeling they wouldn't) then it doesn't really matter once the galaxy had agreed. He had been loyal to his alliance all round and had stayed in his last two alliances until 1 disbanded and the other for 4/5 rounds so it isn't exactly a regular thing. This suggests then that he would be a loyal recruit for the new alliance that he joined.

Quote:
all I can say to that is that my expereience is that ship-jumpers during a war in PA have never proved (to any great degree) to be loyal members in my experience. I'd far rather recruit (for the next round) members who stuck by their old alliance for the round's duration and took their punishment with their alliance-mates.[
If your kicked you don't really have much choice. In general though I would agree with you here but there will always be exceptions.
Unread 10 May 2004, 01:12   #34
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

This is so amusing.

If you build an alliance based on shipjumpers, cheaters, folks with huge ego's in one go, its often takes about the same time to kill it off as it took to build it.
An empire that grows fast, dies fast.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 03:58   #35
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about

tbh, we have learnt from our mistakes, going to war with Fang i was not sure if we was going to win, but i surly never expected this to happen, i know we was bad but i never expected in a million years something like this would happen to phraktos.

Going to war with Fang was not our mistake, as i see it we needed a better structure (Obviusly), I am glad we showed our bad weakness this round, we are a new alliance which has learnt by its mistakes, and will be back next round, Phraktos will keep on playing, there is no point in just giving up so easy, I know not as many ppl will prolly WANT to join us after what happened this round, but we can only improve if we keep trying/playing and learning from our mistakes each round, if any thing im glad Fang and Mistu killed us this round, if it happened next round due to what ever politics and we died in the begining for the same reasons, then there goes another bad round for alot of people. We are just lucky it happened at the end of round (forgeting politics).

We can only keep trying, we can only improve, and i don't hate Fang and Mistu for killing us, infact me personaly (even some others won't) thank both Fang and Mistu for killing us at the end of round, so we are now working on improvements for next round .
Unread 10 May 2004, 06:09   #36
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
. I take the crappy targets that are left in raids.
I customised my fleet to roid Xans, to cover them in galaxy raids. )
thats what a good hc should do
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 06:23   #37
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Quote:
I also lost 75% of my FR recently, as a Xan landed on me who I wasn't expecting to land (he lost 20k FI though... silly goose).
Talking bout me? =d
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 09:10   #38
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Thumbs up Re: Phraktos

Assuming that planet #10 in the top galaxy is who I heard it is, then very little suprises me of their actions. A PA career surrounded by controversy.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 09:37   #39
[Graham]

[Graham] is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I feel sorry for the members too. They put their trust in the HC there, and the HC let them down.

Also, I don't see any reason why an ex-phraktos member wouldn't be allowed to move to FAnG or MISTU. They fought on that side before. If they get through the application (although I'm not even sure if MISTU are still recruiting, I'll have to ask an RO) ok, with vouches etc, thats fine by me...
is this before or after you roid thier planets into the ground?

they come to you say 'can i join?' you go yes and while thier application is gathering vouches you take advantage and rape, this is not honourable.

if you are ex phraktos who did fight on thier side your far better off without drawing attantion to your alliancless planet.
[Graham] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 10:01   #40
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well well well it seems you cant even miss a day of planetarion

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 10:08   #41
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

ALl i am gonna say is

HAHAHAHA

Phraktos have coasted without a good HC/office structure, they made a bad decision and now the consquence is they have fallen apart

Bd luck Phraktos

Pld FAnG/MISTU
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 10:37   #42
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

im waiting for incomming now Phraktos has allmost no members left its the perfect opportunity for WP to roid them all

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:12   #43
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waku
im waiting for incomming now Phraktos has allmost no members left its the perfect opportunity for WP to roid them all
Ah well

I am sorry for al those members - FAnG knows what its like fr there HC t throw a spastic and then the round go's under.

I just hope they find new homes worthy of there abilities.

1 bad decision destroyed the round for them.

Glad I never had to leave my allies or break promises for some false quest.

Oh well roids for our members anyway
Proud to be Independent
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:22   #44
hinchles

hinchles is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
All of that I can understand - but here's something puzzling me which you may be able to explain. Most phraktos got wave after wave of inbound last night - mainly from Mistu/FAng. But those in certain galaxies, such as yours, got very little inbound - as though they'd already defected before the command of Phraktos totally disintegrated.

Those Phraktos attacking other Phraktos with 3 fleets are clearly either:

1. Taking roid donations from Phraktos members who no longer care - which is farming and against the rules,
2. Have such a low level of loyalty that they not only jump ship but assist in killing off their former comrades.

Do you have any infromation on which of these is it?

just a little OT here i seem to remember fury and virus doing exactly the same with some of fangs biggest members in our founding round as we were teh only challange to you you used exactly the same tatics cant fault them either they work spot on
hinchles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:26   #45
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
thats what a good hc should do
I'm not HC, I'm an officer :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
Talking bout me? =d
Maybe...did you lose 13345 Elaphe and 6068 Viperadae? :P
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:41   #46
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

If Phraktos HC have made any mistake, it is that they waited too long before declaring war, and did not secure themselves enough allies before doing so. Staying in the block with Mistu/FAnG would have been the cowards way out (assuming Mistu/FAnG would have allowed them to stay in the block for the remainder of the round).

As for the defectors... I can understand why FAnG/Mistu would want to take Phraktos members in. Attrition wears down the member base each round, so a chance to recruit some good (if somewhat unreliable and glory-seeking) members is unforunately too good to refuse for most HC. In the long run this might prove to have been a mistake, if these new members act with the same degree of loyalty to their new alliances.

As an aside, I suppose these recruitments by FAnG/Mistu could be an attempt by one or both of those alliances to strengthen themselves for a final battle with each other, though I suspect that's just wishful thinking on my part.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:53   #47
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
If Phraktos HC have made any mistake, it is that they waited too long before declaring war, and did not secure themselves enough allies before doing so. Staying in the block with Mistu/FAnG would have been the cowards way out (assuming Mistu/FAnG would have allowed them to stay in the block for the remainder of the round).

As for the defectors... I can understand why FAnG/Mistu would want to take Phraktos members in. Attrition wears down the member base each round, so a chance to recruit some good (if somewhat unreliable and glory-seeking) members is unforunately too good to refuse for most HC. In the long run this might prove to have been a mistake, if these new members act with the same degree of loyalty to their new alliances.

As an aside, I suppose these recruitments by FAnG/Mistu could be an attempt by one or both of those alliances to strengthen themselves for a final battle with each other, though I suspect that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Actually FAnG has 100 members so won't be taking anyone in as you put it.

Phraktos have been arrogant and hard to work with all round. They have made decisions on how strong and stable they were as an alliance. Yet its a first round alliance. They made a decision and expected everyone to love them for thee actions and all they did was commit suicide. Staying in the blokc wasn't the cowards way out it was the nly ay out with the way the round is structured.

However arrogance and a belief they were better than what they were led to there own collapse.

There will be no final battle betwen FAnG and MISTU - we have co operation has been good all round and I would not expec that to be dissapated with some actions against each other.

Unfotunately rob you way off the mark with this post apart from that phraktos believed everyone would love them and in fact it hasn't happned.

if they had laid the foundations correctly and done this a the correct time they would have stood a better chance, but they never. Then they backstabbed WP by allowing them to be roided by allis who never wanted them in in the first place. They have completely and positivey lacked and strategic vision in there attempt to break up the block and wre hoping for far more bad feeling towards fang having a big impact in turning the tide for them.

I think Phraktos wont be here next round and thats a shame for its members. Still alliance turnover can only be healthy for the alliances that remain.
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 10 May 2004 at 12:22.
Unread 10 May 2004, 12:13   #48
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
As you can see in the news scans of Dreamy, when he launched the 3 fleets he was teaming up with galaxy members.
On a side-note, why do you call Dreadnought Dreamy?
Unread 10 May 2004, 12:21   #49
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

Quote:
LOL @ YOUR INTEL.

Simply stunning, why even post here. Learn the facts first.
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
Unread 10 May 2004, 13:12   #50
Tomkat

Quote:
It's his nickname - [Dreamy] actually.
Although Dread is pretty dreamy and cute <3