User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 08:06   #51
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Re: MISTU storm into 3rd....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Problem is, it doesnt do anything to help the Mistu image. Especially pretending they actually deserve their ranking.
Ah well, you got
1. Cheating alliance
2. Blocking alliance's
3. Rumor spreading alliances
4. And Alliances who merge

All are not new, and all do one or more of those things for one goal... Winning

Sure.. Many people won't be happy, like last round. But did LCH really suffer from this image loss? I think not... For Mistu it's prolly been a choise.

1. Do it the normal way, where some members might choose another alliance, lose score cause they got no defence, but keep a good image.
2. Do it the merger way, get all the juicy members, that don't loose score meanwhile, and get some heated alliances on the boards.

They went for option 2, which means there alliance itself is stronger, only for the outside there image looks worse... It's just what's more important to you as alliance I think.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 08:26   #52
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
If Mistu is going to win it needs to outperform the others with most of the round still left. I don't see any real problems with this merger. Ofc there should be a limit to what can be merged together, and this is about it.Mistu is still pretty far behind 1up. If 1up and/or LCH wants to merge with another alliance to finish #1 then that ofc should not be done.
Thats of course rubbish. If one alliance is allowed, any shud be. There is no way you can defend allowing one and refusing another

Just theory of course, since LCH will nor merge this round ^^

There is one major difference with FYTFO last round: last round LCH and HR merged, keeping their members ALL in.Together, they were <100.
THIS merger involves a lot of kicks. Aside form the fact if merging is acceptable, ithink that an alliance kicking members en masse to flee to MISTU with the rest to save their roids is extremely sad. I wud, tbh never consider joining such an alliance.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 08:29   #53
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest

So I think i will go ask LCH and VSN if they would like to merge there top players with 1up, and NewDawn, 6 ticks form teh edn of the game. That will make us the true winners.
We should form our own alliance, consisting only of the top 100 planets, that way we will be the best!
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 08:34   #54
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Actually I have it on good authority that on the inside there alliance is in a big a mess as fang, only mistu are good at hiding it.

Wonder what happens when all those juicy phrak start getting hit and cant be covered.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 09:27   #55
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
Ah well, you got
1. Cheating alliance
2. Blocking alliance's
3. Rumor spreading alliances
4. And Alliances who merge

All are not new, and all do one or more of those things for one goal... Winning

Sure.. Many people won't be happy, like last round. But did LCH really suffer from this image loss? I think not... For Mistu it's prolly been a choise.
now thats a good excuse....
LCH did suffer like every other alliance abiding the rules. Mistu "only" accepted 22 new members of the former phratkos alliance (the best, kick the rest) and removed own members to make place. Those ppl i.e. have no advantage from this merger at all and get now 72h incomings from their own former alliances. This is pretty much free roids, maybe not many but still a nice addon.
What about ND, Vision, Fang and all the other alliances ? Where every recruit, may it be 10 or 15 or just 1 has to survive a deadly period of 72h before he can join alliance cover? Clearly they have a disadvantage or not ?
Not even to mention that they played hard for "that few k roids and we pass mistu" and now get overrounded by modified gamerules...

Quote:
1. Do it the normal way, where some members might choose another alliance, lose score cause they got no defence, but keep a good image.
You mean do it the "legal" and "right" way according to the rules. Furthermore the only way which SHOULD be possible ?

Quote:
2. Do it the merger way, get all the juicy members, that don't loose score meanwhile, and get some heated alliances on the boards.
This means there is a nothing wrong if the top1000 planet asks 1 tick before end to get 1 billion score and 1 billion roids and receives them? I mean afterall he asked for it...

Quote:
They went for option 2, which means there alliance itself is stronger, only for the outside there image looks worse... It's just what's more important to you as alliance I think.
Whats more important is that PA team seems to have different set of rules for different kind of ppl. Thats called predjudice and unfair customer treatment. Some are more equal than others it seems and i dont see pateams policy working anymore. First we have a "non random- very lucky ppl" galaxy scandal, next we have this admin rule breach. Seems no matter what players do and what changes to the game are made the admins stumble over their feet no matter what,,
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 10:24   #56
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback

Whats more important is that PA team seems to have different set of rules for different kind of ppl. Thats called predjudice and unfair customer treatment. Some are more equal than others it seems and i dont see pateams policy working anymore.
A bitlike that of rd10 when admins closed and reopened our top players for no reason heh
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 10:58   #57
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
A bitlike that of rd10 when admins closed and reopened our top players for no reason heh

i very much doubt they closed planets without having a feeling there might be something wrong with it.. and seeing FAnG's history on this matter its not really smart to start that discussion again :-)
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 10:59   #58
GlowDog
VGN

GlowDog is infamous around these parts

simply a few lines I want to waiste about this :

UNFAIR to the kicked members and to all other alliances/players who DO have the 72 ticks delay to deal with !

PA-TEAM SUPPORTED CHEATING , thats what it is !

Really, everyone who knows me can tell you I dont normally flame or nag about decisions made by PA-team. Normally I trust their judgement , expect them to be fair and only do things to that need to be done for the benefit or the majority.

This time you really disappointed me guys, and not only me Im sure !
GlowDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 11:42   #59
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
now thats a good excuse....
LCH did suffer like every other alliance abiding the rules. Mistu "only" accepted 22 new members of the former phratkos alliance (the best, kick the rest) and removed own members to make place. Those ppl i.e. have no advantage from this merger at all and get now 72h incomings from their own former alliances. This is pretty much free roids, maybe not many but still a nice addon.
What about ND, Vision, Fang and all the other alliances ? Where every recruit, may it be 10 or 15 or just 1 has to survive a deadly period of 72h before he can join alliance cover? Clearly they have a disadvantage or not ?
Not even to mention that they played hard for "that few k roids and we pass mistu" and now get overrounded by modified gamerules...
Did I say it was ok to do it? I only gave my opinion about WHY mistu have done it. Ofcourse I don't like the fact it's happenend,ofc it's unfair etc etc.. But how long are you playing planetarion? I think you are for a long time.. C'mon, your suprised? Didn't see it coming?

Quote:
You mean do it the "legal" and "right" way according to the rules. Furthermore the only way which SHOULD be possible ?
Should be possible, wouldn't it be cool to live in the perfect Theoretical world..

Quote:
This means there is a nothing wrong if the top1000 planet asks 1 tick before end to get 1 billion score and 1 billion roids and receives them? I mean afterall he asked for it...
For every PA-Team there is a border. The border wasn't reached when Mistu asked for a merge. They prolly said you got more then 100 Members, HC responded, we kick inactive's and PA Team agreed, never thinking about all other players out there.... Something new?.... Nope, we see this every round.

Quote:
Whats more important is that PA team seems to have different set of rules for different kind of ppl. Thats called predjudice and unfair customer treatment. Some are more equal than others it seems and i dont see pateams policy working anymore. First we have a "non random- very lucky ppl" galaxy scandal, next we have this admin rule breach. Seems no matter what players do and what changes to the game are made the admins stumble over their feet no matter what,,
If you kick half members and LCH does, and ask for a merger, I'm sure you would get it. Situation is prolly changed a bit now, but if you where the first they prolly did. Also 10 ticks for the end of the round, they won't do it.. IT's there border, not mine, and it should be in some rules... It ain't, you know it ain't before starting to play this game. PA Team is owner of the database and they can do all they want with the numbers in it. You know it, live with it.

PA Team makes does dicisions because HC say, otherwise these people stop, has no chance blablabla.. So it's good for those players.... PA Team agrees but never think about the consequences of those playes not involved. To bad, you can only hope it will change someday.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 11:51   #60
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Personally I don't feel threatened or offended by it, but I think others may well be. Sid raised a good point about alliances simply merging to increase their rank, but the real disappointment must be to alliances like Vision and ND who have worked hard to get their places, only to see other alliances kick their members and merge to jump up the rankings ahead of them.

Can't say I'm surprised, but I doubt it'll make much difference to the overall course of the round.

I should also take this opportunity to quote from the manual:

(no emphasis added, original copy was in bold)

Do PA team even read their own manuals?
I generally agree with this, it doesn't really concern me personally or my alliance so I don't really mind. Though I understand it's higly unfair towards other pple.

About creating that super alliance that Sid sarcasticly proposed, even IF you succeed in doin that, then you just have another Ely victory. Which is a victory thx to massrecruiting and in their case even massrecruiting the enemy. So who on earth would infact want to be part of such an "elite" alliance created at the end just to win the round, I know I wouldn't.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 12:13   #61
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
THIS merger involves a lot of kicks. Aside form the fact if merging is acceptable, ithink that an alliance kicking members en masse to flee to MISTU with the rest to save their roids is extremely sad.
What can you exactly expect from an alliance with BigBadWolf as HC?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 12:16   #62
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

BigBadWolf in cheating non-shocker
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 12:16   #63
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Can I just state here, after hearing various rumours that people think it was me who conducted this merger, that it wasn't me. I knew nothing about it even being considered for a merge yet alone actually being done until it had been performed. I wasn't even online when the merger took place.

I have been told that this option is open for all, providing both alliances in question have mailed requests from at least two of their HC's asking for a merger and that the alliance limit is still 100 members.

That is all I know about this "function"
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 12:22   #64
Spaced
[WP]

Spaced is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Spinner in being utterly stupid and incompetent shocker :/
I would class your pm's last night to be stupid and incompetent, don't know why on earth you were accusing me of merging since NoS isn't even a part of this discussion.

Ex [WP] Peon
Ex [NoS] Officer
Ex [Coven] Officer
Ex [=V=] Whore
Ex [Ely] Peon

Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère! You see, it's like wiping your arse with silk, I love it.
Spaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 13:02   #65
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Funny. Kind of sucks that PA team bends the rules for some and not for others. My only Regret is that someone somewhere has my $5 in their pocket for this crap.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 13:04   #66
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

At the end of the day it all comes down to one thing. Spinner hates Fury.
________
Arizona Dispensaries

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:16.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 13:21   #67
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

spinner hates who?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 13:23   #68
B-Butch3r

Talking Re: MISTU storm into 3rd....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
They asked it, they got it. Smart move. Utterly lame, but smart
/me bow down for Thunders wise words
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 13:32   #69
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

you should know your history kileman

back in round 3 when 1:1 was actually playing a bit, Fury defended them all the time. If the admins ever had a favourite alliance, it was Fury.

(oh and yes, spinner hates fury, that's why he worked so closely with Sid this round...)
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 13:44   #70
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

@ Thunder
is that what you are paying for ? You know that you have rights and that pa is certainly not in a position to give a damn about what their customers think. An unpleased customer doesnt pay the next time, so im sure we need more cheese for the official "we need more players" whine at the end of the round.
(Dreads saying).
The question is, if the paid game which has less customers than some clones is still worth the hard earned $$. At the end of the day it doesnt matter what mistu does or not. this ****up is another nail in pa's coffin, especially considering their inability to reply to this thread for the last 24h with anything official.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 14:13   #71
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all

its amazing that alliances are allowed to merge into eachother when the HC's of those alliances agree to it.
But if you want to move to a galaxy, where the galaxy members agree to it , then PA says no.

Good luck MISTU
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 14:14   #72
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all

Quote:
@ Thunder
is that what you are paying for ? You know that you have rights and that pa is certainly not in a position to give a damn about what their customers think. An unpleased customer doesnt pay the next time, so im sure we need more cheese for the official "we need more players" whine at the end of the round.
(Dreads saying).
The question is, if the paid game which has less customers than some clones is still worth the hard earned $$. At the end of the day it doesnt matter what mistu does or not. this ****up is another nail in pa's coffin, especially considering their inability to reply to this thread for the last 24h with anything official.

Oh man, you read my thoughts. Nicely put.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 14:21   #73
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Can I get roids transferred to my planet if the previous owner agrees to it?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 14:21   #74
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
@ Thunder
(Dreads saying).
I'm not playing this round... But that doesn't change my view ofcourse.

1. No PA Team should have done it
2. PA team was prolly about the 20 people they where helping, not the 1000 they where letting down
3. With the current unpaid PA-TEAM and not so profesional way PA is run it's indeed a question why we would pay for next round, cause there are enough free clones out there, but it keeps to
be the game we love.

So I totally agree with you..

I responded on the remark about MISTU's image... And posted what MISTU's thoughts prolly where. I never said it's ok, good for planetarion...
Thing is, we all know these things happen every round, we sign up for this game and then again are suprised stuff like this happens. It's to bad it has to go that way
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 14:22   #75
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Can I get roids transferred to my planet if the previous owner agrees to it?
No that's illegal man
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 14:34   #76
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Hmm, does this mean (speaking enitrely hypothetically) that if, say, 1up and LCH were to kick our weaker members 1 tick before the end of round, the top 50 of each alliance could be merged together into 1 alliance with no delay?

If not, why not?

if u found an admin with the relevant access and followed the procedures u would be given when u asked, then yes we would do it and you would win the round - whether the community acknowledges that win is another question entirly though.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 14:40   #77
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
if u found an admin with the relevant access and followed the procedures u would be given when u asked, then yes we would do it and you would win the round - whether the community acknowledges that win is another question entirly though.

LoL man i hope you made a joke
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:03   #78
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Lady
Can I just state here, after hearing various rumours that people think it was me who conducted this merger, that it wasn't me. I knew nothing about it even being considered for a merge yet alone actually being done until it had been performed. I wasn't even online when the merger took place.

I have been told that this option is open for all, providing both alliances in question have mailed requests from at least two of their HC's asking for a merger and that the alliance limit is still 100 members.

That is all I know about this "function"

If this is truely the official stance on merging alliances, then this rule is a scar on the face of Planetarion and needs to be remedied immediately.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:06   #79
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Oh good god.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:12   #80
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Glad to hear it. How about this hypothetical situation:

There are two alliances: WingA and WingB. WingA and WingB regularly merge (the best) 100 players together into WingA, allowing the other 100 to reapply to WingC (a newly formed alliance) after the 72 tick waiting period.

My question is this: Would PAteam be willing to perform these merges? Would it matter if they knew that it was actually an alliance circumventing the 100 member limit?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:15   #81
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Oh good god.
so u think we shoudlk have different rules for different alliances then?

LOTS of alliances have asked for mergers this round and all requests have been met once sufficient proof that it is the will of the HCs has been produced.

Last round mergers also took place - HR+LCH for example.

Now it may be neccessary for us to come up with some rules about under what conditions alliance mergers can be allowed. But in the case of Phraktos/mistu and the others this round I see nothing wrong with the mergers.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:27   #82
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
so u think we shoudlk have different rules for different alliances then?

LOTS of alliances have asked for mergers this round and all requests have been met once sufficient proof that it is the will of the HCs has been produced.

Last round mergers also took place - HR+LCH for example.

Now it may be neccessary for us to come up with some rules about under what conditions alliance mergers can be allowed. But in the case of Phraktos/mistu and the others this round I see nothing wrong with the mergers.
No. I think this should have been explained earlier, preferrably at the start of the round, or detailed in the manual. As well as this I think it's open to exploitation and is a fundamentally bad idea. However I disagree with many things in PA which everyone else seems to support so I imagine my initial concern is the more valid one, in terms of community opinion at least.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:29   #83
Forest

Was it publically announced?

Is it in the manual?

Why do pateam feel it is neccessary to put this function in place, which effectively hands top players a chance to stay safe, whilst discarding those that are kicked form the aliance to allow new alliance to meet 100 player limit?

Why do pateam need one big fk up every round in an effort to lose as many players as they can?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:29   #84
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
No. I think this should have been explained earlier, preferrably at the start of the round, or detailed in the manual. As well as this I think it's open to exploitation and is a fundamentally bad idea. However I disagree with many things in PA which everyone else seems to support so I imagine my initial concern is the more valid one, in terms of community opinion at least.
if it is possible next round then I will make sure it gets in the manual as well as any constrints etc being detailed.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:35   #85
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

next round might be abit late or ?

Also considering the fact only hc's are asked does that mean those guys pay more than the normal grunt ?
So far i thought all are equal customers and what way does PA have to check if the members might want to do something different ? Remember in r10 fang hc wanted to disband members wanted to play on.....

On the otherhand how are those ppl reimbruised which get kicked out of their current alliance to make space for the merger, those ppl so far were fine to stay and only get kicked for the purpose to unblock spots....

What about the guy who doesnt like his alliance anymore and want to play on ? No matter of their size they have a major disadvantage compared to alliance organised merging or not ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:36   #86
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

You people all sound like little girls because 1up and LCH can't sit on the top alone.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:40   #87
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
if it is possible next round then I will make sure it gets in the manual as well as any constrints etc being detailed.
Why was it not included this time around though? Surely someone thought that it might be a good idea to mention something which could change the alliance rankings with no notice one tick before the end of the round? Especially seeing as there was precedent last round with LCH/HR. That said there's hardly much use whining about something that's already occurred. Clearly it's not possible to go back in time and change the manual. At least this concept has now been made public.

PS One mild concern I have is over what constitutes an alliance merger. Last round it was two whole alliances. This round 22 members of phraktos have been placed in mistu. Will five members of new dawn be inserted in 1up if requested?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:42   #88
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
next round might be abit late or ?

Also considering the fact only hc's are asked does that mean those guys pay more than the normal grunt ?
So far i thought all are equal customers and what way does PA have to check if the members might want to do something different ? Remember in r10 fang hc wanted to disband members wanted to play on.....

On the otherhand how are those ppl reimbruised which get kicked out of their current alliance to make space for the merger, those ppl so far were fine to stay and only get kicked for the purpose to unblock spots....

What about the guy who doesnt like his alliance anymore and want to play on ? No matter of their size they have a major disadvantage compared to alliance organised merging or not ?

they have to kick memebrs before the ask for the merge, we can only deal with things inside the game - there is nothing wrong with them kicking members, how are we to know/judge if something is right or wrong.

had we refused this merger we'd ahve the other half of the universe complaining.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:52   #89
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
they have to kick memebrs before the ask for the merge, we can only deal with things inside the game - there is nothing wrong with them kicking members, how are we to know/judge if something is right or wrong.

had we refused this merger we'd ahve the other half of the universe complaining.

Isnt it your responsibility to deal with your paying customers in and outside of the game ?

Lets be blunt you made a crap feature and it fired back on you, no matter how you attempt to explain it or how you try to mascerade it. The feature was not mentioned somewhere ingame and reading the replies it wasnt known to anyone bar pateam. Considering mistu and phratkos had to mail before and ask instead of just requesting it.

You are telling us in 1 reply pateam is only responsible for ingame activities and in the next you tell us that a "merged" victory wouldnt count ? How is that possible, ingame the alliance is ranked #1 after such a last minute merge. Quiet contradicting.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:55   #90
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
PS One mild concern I have is over what constitutes an alliance merger. Last round it was two whole alliances. This round 22 members of phraktos have been placed in mistu. Will five members of new dawn be inserted in 1up if requested?
According to kals previous replies only if atleast 2 of those 5 are ND hc, since they need to write the mail and represent the alliance....
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 15:56   #91
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
You people all sound like little girls because 1up and LCH can't sit on the top alone.
On the contrary, a third alliance at the top is better for 1up/lch cause it means less incoming specifically targetting them.

However, when lch/1up recruit, the players they take have had to fight without ally def for 72 ticks, and take that risk, a risk they choose to make.
Mistu on the otherhand recruited players with no risk, and that makes it grossly unfair to not only 1up/lch but to alliances such as vision and nd who are playing a great round so far.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:00   #92
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road

I still dont know how it happened exactly if the merge was done by admins or by using a ingame flaw but I have a simple question to all the ally HCs who arguing that much. Why the hell you just dont attack and kick mistu again out of top5? Giving Mistu (and maybe also the admins) an answer on the battlefield how you think about this merge sounds much more effectiv for me. Ok then Mistu and some friends of them will flame you for blocking, but you really care therefor? You ever cared about flamings before?
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Sonnenbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:05   #93
Forest

Works for me, Sonnenbomber for president \o/
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:22   #94
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Isnt it your responsibility to deal with your paying customers in and outside of the game ?

Lets be blunt you made a crap feature and it fired back on you, no matter how you attempt to explain it or how you try to mascerade it. The feature was not mentioned somewhere ingame and reading the replies it wasnt known to anyone bar pateam. Considering mistu and phratkos had to mail before and ask instead of just requesting it.

You are telling us in 1 reply pateam is only responsible for ingame activities and in the next you tell us that a "merged" victory wouldnt count ? How is that possible, ingame the alliance is ranked #1 after such a last minute merge. Quiet contradicting.
i said that victory would count but that the community woudln;t hold it as such - you know very well the community is quite opinionated.

And you also know damn well the is well known as several alliances have used it over the round.

For example i see lots of 1up people in here complaining, yet i know for a fact 1up knows merging is possible as I have had conversation with 1up members (might be officers, not uptodate on ranks etc) about it.

tbh although a lot of people may not know theese things are possible I would guess that anyone who bothers to read and reply on AD does.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:23   #95
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
On the contrary, a third alliance at the top is better for 1up/lch cause it means less incoming specifically targetting them.

However, when lch/1up recruit, the players they take have had to fight without ally def for 72 ticks, and take that risk, a risk they choose to make.
Mistu on the otherhand recruited players with no risk, and that makes it grossly unfair to not only 1up/lch but to alliances such as vision and nd who are playing a great round so far.
LCH/1up started the around at almost cap players, MISTU started at 70~
That was our own choosing to do, but when we even ourselves up with help from an alliance which lost a few mil score after kicking 20 odd members, I see no problems.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:24   #96
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenbomber
I still dont know how it happened exactly if the merge was done by admins or by using a ingame flaw but I have a simple question to all the ally HCs who arguing that much. Why the hell you just dont attack and kick mistu again out of top5? Giving Mistu (and maybe also the admins) an answer on the battlefield how you think about this merge sounds much more effectiv for me. Ok then Mistu and some friends of them will flame you for blocking, but you really care therefor? You ever cared about flamings before?
it was done by an admin, there is no other way it could be done, and I agree with the rest of your post.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:25   #97
Forest

We shouldnt have to read and reply on AD to find out something that is allowed by the rules.

Thats what the manual is for.

And it quit clearly states that if u leave an alliance ingame, u gte no other alliance for 72 ticks.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:27   #98
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

YES Phraktos made a selection of there best members, kicked all the others out and went to Mistu

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:28   #99
Kal
Inactive peon

they didn't leave an alliance in game - at no time were they without an alliance - the entire alliances were merged, all ranks were kept the same etc.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Jul 2004, 16:32   #100
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
they didn't leave an alliance in game - at no time were they without an alliance - the entire alliances were merged, all ranks were kept the same etc.

Dont play wordswop with me, it wont work.

22 PHRAKTOS members left PHRAKTOS and joined MISTU.

Thats the effect it has.

And Psi_K u knew how many players u could have, u chose 70. Doesnt change the fact that other alliances have gotten new members thru natural wastage,risking protection time, whereas u gained new members from basically abusing a bug (I would call pateam stupidity a bug).