User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Apr 2006, 17:00   #1
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Xan ship names

After being convinced it might be a great idea to read shipstats before buying ships I came across the following issue:

The xan ship names would make Ghandi turn violent

Epic names such as "Illusion", "Mirage" and fkn VampY?!?!re only leaves me with one choice.

Either hang the idiot responsible for this outrage or else I am going to have your clothes donated to LL-Cool J's wet-sex evening.
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 17:08   #2
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Xan ship names

I agree, the xan ship names leave a little to be desired...

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 17:10   #3
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

just a 'little'
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 18:15   #4
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I actually do like them

They remind me of various RTS games

Last edited by Alessio; 16 Apr 2006 at 18:27.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 18:56   #5
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I actually do like them

They remind me of various RTS games

you suck then

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 16 Apr 2006, 20:01   #6
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
you suck then
Dreamer
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 20:35   #7
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Either hang the idiot responsible for this outrage
Oops.

I did ask for help in getting new ghosty names*, but the entirety of the PA playerbase that reads these forums or the beta forums couldn't come up with anything else that's viable.

Except stuff like 'Skeleton', but we won't go back over that.

*and, seriously, thanks to those that helped. I particularly like revenant, and banshee was a bit of a life saver too...

Last edited by Gate; 16 Apr 2006 at 21:04.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 20:38   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Feel free to submit names for ships during the end-round periods
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 22:52   #9
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Wasn't Banshee a Cath ship once upon a time?

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 04:20   #10
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Oops.

I did ask for help in getting new ghosty names*, but the entirety of the PA playerbase that reads these forums or the beta forums couldn't come up with anything else that's viable.

*and, seriously, thanks to those that helped. I particularly like revenant, and banshee was a bit of a life saver too...

/me throws a rope over a tree branch and strings Gate up <3

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 17 Apr 2006, 04:59   #11
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
/me throws a rope over a tree branch and strings Gate up <3

Harsh
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 06:11   #12
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Only if you're stringing him up by his toes and flogging him repeatedly with rubber chickens. Otherwise, I'm afraid I must veto all other forms of stringing.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 07:37   #13
Rukhsta
old school p0ny.

Rukhsta is an unknown quantity at this point

The names could be worse. There could be a ship called the "Squidly".
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 08:25   #14
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukhsta
The names could be worse. There could be a ship called the "Squidly".
Yeah... the ship would probably have 3 armor, 1 damage, an init of 60 and would likely cause the maker of such a set of stats including said ship to be banned off of the internet.

Suppose some decent names would include maybe apparition, shade or soul.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 08:31   #15
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Big boo?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 08:34   #16
Rukhsta
old school p0ny.

Rukhsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Yeah... the ship would probably have 3 armor, 1 damage, an init of 60 and would likely cause the maker of such a set of stats including said ship to be banned off of the internet.
It should have at least 8 damage - one for each tentacle.

Or is that an octopus?
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 08:38   #17
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Only if you're stringing him up by his toes and flogging him repeatedly with rubber chickens. Otherwise, I'm afraid I must veto all other forms of stringing.
Why not with normal chickens ? Then he might get bird flu and how cool is that ?
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 09:20   #18
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Why not with normal chickens ? Then he might get bird flu and how cool is that ?
Since I read all the panic about bird flu, I bought a whole chicken and tried to eat it.

I didn't actually realise how much chicken is in a chicken, so part of it is still in my fridge, but regardless, I still feel absolutely fine. Take that bird flu!
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 09:26   #19
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Since I read all the panic about bird flu, I bought a whole chicken and tried to eat it.

I didn't actually realise how much chicken is in a chicken, so part of it is still in my fridge, but regardless, I still feel absolutely fine. Take that bird flu!
You must be immune or something, not fair!

Maybe the bird flu is hiding in the piece you got in your fridge - you better go check.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 10:58   #20
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well oddly enough i have to agree with idler here, the xan ships name are beyond gay what was wrong with the orginal names from the past rounds?
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 11:16   #21
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Atleast Seraph was removed :-\

Normally, I would've given a lot of (good) name suggestions, but I was very busy, and all I got time to do was yell about Seraph.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 11:17   #22
Bos
Former Monkey

Bos will become famous soon enoughBos will become famous soon enough

the only problem I have is that our stupid bot cant read and keeps telling me how 100 ghouls will kill 7 wyverns

but that is a different issue
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 11:49   #23
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

gate for the love of sweet sanity, what was with vampyre?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 12:47   #24
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Oops.

There were loads on my thread.
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 17:08   #25
sMeLLyCaT

sMeLLyCaT is a name known to allsMeLLyCaT is a name known to allsMeLLyCaT is a name known to allsMeLLyCaT is a name known to allsMeLLyCaT is a name known to allsMeLLyCaT is a name known to all

Last rounds names were cool. These names make me not want to play Xan anymore... and I haven't yet played any other race. :S
sMeLLyCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 18:44   #26
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

I could have made all the names for all the races myself!

(I dun mind the ones used now tho)

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 23:06   #27
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
Normally, I would've given a lot of (good) name suggestions, but I was very busy, and all I got time to do was yell about Seraph.
Ziz :/

Vampyre, I'm sure, was what was suggested in a thread. And it's in a Terry Pratchett book. And we all know terry pratchett has a cool hat.

My mate actually held that hat once.
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 00:00   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If it's a xan fighter.

That fires on a destroyer.

It's a pulsar.

I hope i've made myself clear.
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 00:16   #29
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
(I dun mind the ones used now tho)
Your a freak

<3

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 09:15   #30
Bos
Former Monkey

Bos will become famous soon enoughBos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
If it's a xan fighter.

That fires on a destroyer.

It's a pulsar.
Actually I quite enjoy the suggestion that Xan fighters pwning Terran destroyers is all just a dream.

or was that not quite your point?