User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 23:19   #1
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Peter Nome

Only 1/2380957 of you will know what I'm talking about, although that doesn't make me or them any cooler, so don't worry.

What I want to say is that he's as bad as the warmongers, because his world is just as black and white as the world of the people he criticizes.

Matrim
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 23:21   #2
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
why?
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 23:34   #3
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
It was just the impression he left on me after I saw a couple of debates he participated in.

And I also remember that case where he was upset about not being allowed to send out some mail from NRK, that was pretty weak.

It's positive that he brings attention to the war, and I agrees on many of the things he says, but I think he makes too much noise.

Matrim
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 23:38   #4
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
yes.. we should silence him in a pool of blood just to set an example!!

seriously: i think is a nice chap actual... abit 'over the edge' eeger at times, but a good man!! Alot better than the christian fag that runs our ****ty country!
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 00:01   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
It seems like he's too addicted to the "glamour" of famousness. Also, he critizises other activists for defending themselfs. Okay, throwing bricks at the police aint a good way to say no to the war, but i was at those demonstartions, and it was NOT the activists that started it. When the police kicks a kid in the face, what do they expect?

Anyways, he brings much publicity to the cause, and thats good, (or at least, i would think so) in the long run.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 08:32   #6
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
When the police kicks a kid in the face, what do they expect?
You should stop smoking weed. It would certainly bring more reality into your world.

Your claiming that the police kicked (define kicked) a kid (define a kid) in the face (define face; face region, back of the head, upper torso?) without any provocation what so ever?

Because you saw it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 09:04   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Peter Nome

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
What I want to say is that he's as bad as the warmongers, because his world is just as black and white as the world of the people he criticizes.
Opinions are like ass holes.
Everybody's got one, and they all stink.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 12:24   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
You should stop smoking weed. It would certainly bring more reality into your world.
Your claiming that the police kicked (define kicked) a kid (define a kid) in the face (define face; face region, back of the head, upper torso?) without any provocation what so ever?
Because you saw it all.
At the moment, that happened, i was clean as morning light.

I claim that one police officer planted his foot in the face of a kid, who i would guess was 4-5 years old. Whitout any provocation that would justify that, at least. If a kid of 5 goes up to me, and gives me the finger, i do NOT kick him in the face. Oh, and face region.
And yes, beacause I and many others saw it all.

It's not the first time things like this happens in Norway. I've watched people whit crutches getting a beating from police officers, using batons. I've seen police offciers shooting tear-gass grenades into crowds full of old people, kids and mothers. I've seen tear-gass grenades hit a kid in the face. I've seen youth getting their face smashed just for being on a pro weed demonstration (HasjMarsjen). I've seen graffiti kids getting beaten just for drawing on the wall. I've seen people lumped into police cars, for no other reason than that they had black hoodies and was at a demonstration. I've seen so much police brutality, in norway, that things like this does not suprise me at all.
Maybe YOU, my dear RiCo, should stop drinking and, for once, see beyond VG. My world is (mostly) based on things I see, not the things i see at the news. Norway is not as as you might think.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 12:33   #9
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Stuff
And also you are claiming this happend deliberatly right?

I find it disturbing that parents bring their 4-5year old child to an illegal protest, and additionally I find it equally disurbing that the child can use offencive means towards a police officer in that same scenario. I do agree it's bad that such things happen, but that said, I would not mind the police kicking that parent repeatedly if such was the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 12:35   #10
Eddie
Slacker

Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I find it disturbing that parents bring their 4-5year old child to an illegal protest
Exactly when was protesting outlawed?
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 12:37   #11
elefant
Commando

elefant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
At the moment, that happened, i was clean as morning light.

I claim that one police officer planted his foot in the face of a kid, who i would guess was 4-5 years old. Whitout any provocation that would justify that, at least. If a kid of 5 goes up to me, and gives me the finger, i do NOT kick him in the face. Oh, and face region.
And yes, beacause I and many others saw it all.

It's not the first time things like this happens in Norway. I've watched people whit crutches getting a beating from police officers, using batons. I've seen police offciers shooting tear-gass grenades into crowds full of old people, kids and mothers. I've seen tear-gass grenades hit a kid in the face. I've seen youth getting their face smashed just for being on a pro weed demonstration (HasjMarsjen). I've seen graffiti kids getting beaten just for drawing on the wall. I've seen people lumped into police cars, for no other reason than that they had black hoodies and was at a demonstration. I've seen so much police brutality, in norway, that things like this does not suprise me at all.
Maybe YOU, my dear RiCo, should stop drinking and, for once, see beyond VG. My world is (mostly) based on things I see, not the things i see at the news. Norway is not as as you might think.
Police kicking 4 - 5 year old kids? when did this happend? maybe USA should liberate us from this terrible priest/police state
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 12:38   #12
elefant
Commando

elefant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Exactly when was protesting outlawed?
You have to apply to the police if you want to have a big protest :e_chick:
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 12:39   #13
Eddie
Slacker

Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by elefant
You have to apply to the police if you want to have a big protest
I see.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 12:52   #14
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
And also you are claiming this happend deliberatly right?

I find it disturbing that parents bring their 4-5year old child to an illegal protest, and additionally I find it equally disurbing that the child can use offencive means towards a police officer in that same scenario. I do agree it's bad that such things happen, but that said, I would not mind the police kicking that parent repeatedly if such was the case.
Its kinda hard to kick somebody in the face, undeliberatly. It MIGTH have been a accident, but i strongly doubt it.

This was a completely legal demonstration, whit grannies, blitzers, immigrants and kids, walking side by side. The poor kid probably just imitated the Blitzers,(Blitz = A youth house in norway, driven mostly by left wing radicals, Blitzers = a common term used on some of the people that hang around there, some are violent, i think all are anti-police) not the parents.

Quote:
Originally posted by elefant
Police kicking 4 - 5 year old kids? when did this happend? maybe USA should liberate us from this terrible priest/police state
This case happened on the demonstration that VG wrote "Gatekampen", i think it was the first peace demo that went over the edge.

Everybody: The demo was legal.