User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Feb 2004, 10:16   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
O2 Online: The worst provider in the world?

I notice there's an O2 ad on this site...

In my experience, and that of my sister, and that of my father, and that of two friends...

O2 Online is terrible.

I'd go into details, but I'm beyond caring. Just trust me; they're crap.

So I finally decided to cancel...

1 - Call number given on O2 Online "cancellation" page
2 - Operator says "this is the wrong number, you need to call another number"
3 - Other operator "nope, go to [some webpage] and use that number"
4 - Next operator (at 50p per min) "sorry, our system is down, so we can't cancel until it's fixed"

This appalling level of customer service is why I decided to cancel. That and the fact that all the online facilities tend to be "down for upgrades". So then you have to phone premium rate numbers "because you're supposed to use the website to do xxx or yyy".

I really can't stress enough: DON'T USE 02 ONLINE!!!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 10:24   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: O2 Online: The worst provider in the world?

phone vodaphone (or provider of your choice) up and say "I have a fault with my mobile, it says O2 on the screen, can you help me get rid of it please?"

they will gladly oblige.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 10:27   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've had some problems with the O2 site too. At one stage they kept saying "Phone Customer Servcies" but then it was impossible to actually get a number from them.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 10:33   #4
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I logged into the o2 site one day to find my name, address, email etc etc were all wrong.

They still had my bank details correct ofc...

I am now with Vodafone.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 10:39   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I've had some problems with the O2 site too. At one stage they kept saying "Phone Customer Servcies" but then it was impossible to actually get a number from them.
Yes! Indeed!

Good quote from website:

"Phone the number of your service provider on your bill"

I don't get a bill, as its an online account - and THEY are my service provider!!

DOH!

I'm with T-Mobile now.

Awaiting my PAC code from O2.

I've asked for it 3 times now, and each time they say "we'll get it to you right away".

O2 ARE SHITE

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 10:43   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong
I purchased an SMS deal with them to use their site to send x SMS's for £20 or whatever. But then there was some problem with my account, so they advised to call customer services. Fair enough.

But to get the number I had to enter my mobile phone number. BUT I'M NOT ONE OF YOUR MOBILE CUSTOMERS YOU ****WITS.

As a general rule now, I'm relucant to give my business to any company which seems overly eagerly to avoid you contacting them.
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 10:55   #7
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

I have a friend who works in at carphone warehouse.. this is his opinion.

Agreed, O2 suck..
T-mobile - werent great but are getting better
Vodaphone - great, but then they allways were
Orange - great, but they allways were (my provider for 5 years now, i've never had any major problems with them and those small ones i had were dealt with quickly and efficiently..but they are not the cheapest of the bunch. )
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 10:57   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

wow, its mistwraith
hi
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 11:16   #9
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

hi roady.. yes I'm still here :-)
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 12:15   #10
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

the contracts are good but the services are shit
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 13:46   #11
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong
Yes! Indeed!

Good quote from website:

I don't get a bill, as its an online account - and THEY are my service provider!!

DOH!

I'm with T-Mobile now.

Awaiting my PAC code from O2.

I've asked for it 3 times now, and each time they say "we'll get it to you right away".

O2 ARE SHITE

M.
Tell O2 that you have read the OFTEL regulations and they HAVE to give it to you within 24 hours. That usually shuts them up and they give it to you. Worked for everyone I know who's tried it anyway.

O2 online have the best tariffs but the worst customer services.
Sometimes you can get them to refund the cost of your calls though.

Heh - they sent me 2 T610's when I signed up and then a month later I got a letter saying "You were sent an extra phone by mistake, you are not meant to have it, please send it back." I ignored it because I'd rung Customer Services and they said I could keep it... Idiots.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 14:30   #12
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Been with o2 / bt whatever for about 3 years (on o2online for a yearish) never had a problem
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 17:15   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Must be different over in the UK. Over here everyone leaves vodafone to go to O2
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 17:26   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

O2 are cheaper, but they are crap

i used to be vodafone pay as you go, im now on a contract o2. I certainly get less network coverage now, but im nearly always in a city anyway.
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 17:46   #15
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

my mobile is with virgin at the moment. i anticipate a change of provider as soon as i requre any form of any support. but i havn't ever needed to, in many years of using phones
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 19:49   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

been with orange for nearly 4 years now and never really had any maajor problems, and the minor ones have always been cleared up very quickly indeed (basically as soon as i phone them)
i am also on my third free phone from them so i am prefectly happy where i am
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 21:01   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Is Mistwraith really a girl?
Unread 16 Feb 2004, 23:43   #18
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

The Future is bright, The Future is Retro V1
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 01:21   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Is Mistwraith really a girl?
RULE NUMBER 1 OF THE INTARWEB SAYS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 01:23   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Must be different over in the UK. Over here everyone leaves vodafone to go to O2
In my day someone would have already made fun of Irish people being backward by now.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 01:29   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

my friend phoned vodaphone today to cancel his contract (he is going to o2 as he wants the xda 2)
apparently they nearly cried and offered him shitloads of free stuff to stay
(he spends about £250 a month on his vodaphone moblie, there go their christmas bonuses this year!)
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 01:41   #22
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Their offline service isn't much better.