User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Jul 2005, 01:23   #51
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: Is GD dying?

I think GD is busier than when I first posted.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 01:59   #52
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics
I agree- the established posters/those with long impressive bars of green blobs rarely get neg repped [in sofar as I can see] but newcomers get plenty- and usually get torn to shreds too which I think is a general disincentive to become an active member of GD.

PS. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 06:18   #53
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

As far as I can tell, most of GD's posters are part of an elite core that demand a certain level of intelligence and humor from all others. Those who do not meet your highish standards are insulted and rejected. With low traffic and the large majority of posts coming from the same 30-40 people, GD is like a congratulatory jerk cirlce with your cute little rep system and post of the week contests.

I think many Americans would feel like a black person visiting a white golfclub, where the majority of members just don't like his kind much.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 06:58   #54
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash
As far as I can tell, most of GD's posters are part of an elite core that demand a certain level of intelligence and humor from all others. Those who do not meet your highish standards are insulted and rejected. With low traffic and the large majority of posts coming from the same 30-40 people, GD is like a congratulatory jerk cirlce with your cute little rep system and post of the week contests.

I think many Americans would feel like a black person visiting a white golfclub, where the majority of members just don't like his kind much.

You see, this is the wrong aproach.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 07:21   #55
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
And then there is Chika. For his first few dozen posts, he seemingly just randomly insulted everyone on GD. This gets annoying even with well known people (Sunday8pm) but when some random unknown trolls every thread with insults, they are hardly likely to be accepted.
The only people who I offended were those that had all the green blobs and thought that people should kiss thier dick because they were an admin. Yes, i shitted on those individuals.
If you back track, the only person I ever directly insulted was Madi, as I guess she was used to alot of these "geeks" sweating her **** like she was cute, when in fact her nose looks like a rib-bone and she is quite ugly. Not to mention that she isn't the tiniest bit amusing.
Yes, I shitted on her.

I never had a problem with 1-X. He has green blobs. Whats different about him than the other dick heads with green blobs? Maybe posting a mildly humorous comment on GD isn't the "highlight" of his day.

The above explains why I initially took a shit on GD.

The explanation of why I continue to flash it at times is sort of simple:
If you let me take your milk money once, I'll keep taking it.

For the most part I have calmed down as I have grown attached to certain individuals, be it one-sided in most cases. Jakiri or whatever his name is is actually quite amusing to me. AT LEAST HE IS AMUSING. MM has his moments, but he displays to much dry context, and if he didn't have admins he would really be insignificant. I have come to like yawhe also. As at times he is a bit humorous and he at least entertains my idiocy in #forums.
But in no way do I have anything to do with GD dying. I don't think its dying. I think the oldest members in an attempt to separate themselves from the new members, have made GD utterly shit. You can be a leader, but if you don't lead anyone your nothing. Stop shitting on new people. Its only so long that you can laugh at Stew- Ste puns. its only so long MM can 1 line a thread to death. And its only so many racial comments that Dace can make, that make you laugh. And only so long madi can talk about her pants?

Thks.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 07:22   #56
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
actually it's more like a spastic who's never played golf coming in and pissing all over the green.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 11:10   #57
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's a subtle difference between telling someone know they're not very good in the hope they can improve and just letting a torrent abuse off at someone because they've posted a thread in the wrong forum, or perhaps posted something which isn't amazingly brilliant on their first attempt. There are some people - and I don't know whether they've had a bad day or they're just drunk - who seem to delight in posting things far closer to the latter.

I'd also say that it's often more appropriate for regulars to insult each other than for new people.

There are too many accusations of gimmicks (and I've probably been guilty of this myself) but at the same time perhaps this stems from some users thinking it's hilarious to produce gimmicks...

Anyway, GD isn't dying - at least not in the sense that it'll be dead soon. Some people leave, and some people become more inactive. The average long-term post-rate is declining but when there's a big event (e.g. recent London events) threads hit 2-3 pages quite quickly. But we do get some older people back which slows the rate of decline somewhat.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 11:23   #58
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

I'd also say that it's often more appropriate for regulars to insult each other than for new people.
good.

then do stop typing spasticated wank.

It takes an awful lot of effort to stop these forums becoming a vapid and vacuous bastion of banality where every reply to a statement is either:

Quote:
nice
Quote:
lol
or

Quote:
heh
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 11:25   #59
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
I think GD is busier than when I first posted.
Hmm sadly can't agree with that...

ANyway, for me it's dead. I come by sometimes, amaze myself, post perhaps one post (like this one for example) and then leave again.

I had this resurge a few months ago but that was mainly because I was forced to sit somewhere and be bored to death. Wich is what you all probably are/do.

And this while you are all so ****ing talented, gifted and educated. Shame on you, heh.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 11:34   #60
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
It takes an awful lot of effort to stop these forums becoming a vapid and vacuous bastion of banality where every reply to a statement is either:
I don't seem to remember an amazing upsurge in quality when you came back (although Sunday left shortly before that I think, so there was some unrelated improvement at the time) so I'm not sure if your efforts are having much of an effect. Aside from the odd thread being derailed.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 11:57   #61
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't seem to remember an amazing upsurge in quality when you came back (although Sunday left shortly before that I think, so there was some unrelated improvement at the time) so I'm not sure if your efforts are having much of an effect. Aside from the odd thread being derailed.
luckily i don't do this for the praise.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 12:24   #62
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Actually it doesn't take any effort.

We don't get much of that anyway.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 12:38   #63
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Actually it doesn't take any effort.

We don't get much of that anyway.
heh

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 12:51   #64
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
As far as I can tell, most of GD's posters are part of an elite core that demand a certain level of intelligence and humor from all others
i'll get my coat
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 13:23   #65
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As far as I can tell, most of GD's posters are part of an elite core that demand a certain level of intelligence and humor from all others.
So we pride ourselves on being able to make reasoned arguments, and we appreciate English humour especially for its wit and subtlety. We also enjoy having vague relationships with each other, rather than not knowing them at all.

What is so wrong with this?

If I didn't want to read reasoned arguments, I'd go annoy everyone on Free Republic. If I didn't enjoy laughing at things, I'd be a DnD poster on SA (instead of lurking). If I didn't enjoy friendships with people, I'd be a mindless poster on GBS (SA as well).

GD has all of these things, and that's why we cherish it. It also means that when new people come and upset that balance, often by attacking us as people, we respond negatively. Certain members do this in different ways: 1-X and Ste/w, for example, are more willing to lend a helpful hand, whereas Yahwe will often flame away. Look at it as the good cop/bad cop approach.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 13:47   #66
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

IF GD dies there's gonna be a long line to spend some time with the corpse.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 13:54   #67
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
IF GD dies there's gonna be a long line to spend some time with the corpse.
dead GD can't say no?
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 14:04   #68
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I expect the most likely cause of GD's demise will be the owners closing it rather than continued memberlist entropy.There'd be some attempt to 'resettle' us on another board but it wouldn't take off etc.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 14:23   #69
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

GD is like apple pre-ipod. Always dying. Always making a profit.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 15:07   #70
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

newbies always got flamed around here. we didnt have a rep system back when i signed up here first, but who cares about green or red blobs?
the problem is that noone seems to be playing this game anymore, so there is no userbase and noone to replace the people who leave.i think once there was someone in tech support who swigned up here to ask a question (probably found us by google), but other than that, where should new users come from? its not like this place is famous or anything.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 15:10   #71
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I expect the most likely cause of GD's demise will be the owners closing it rather than continued memberlist entropy.There'd be some attempt to 'resettle' us on another board but it wouldn't take off etc.
nonsense.

there's be a short period in which I had to buy all sorts of ridiculously expensive equipment that i didn't really understand and then an even shorter period before i threw a house party, everyone got pissed, set up this new equipment for me, my study turned into a buzzing thing with lights where i was constantly afraid of it catching fire; and then we'd be fine
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 15:12   #72
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
newbies always got flamed around here. we didnt have a rep system back when i signed up here first, but who cares about green or red blobs?
the problem is that noone seems to be playing this game anymore, so there is no userbase and noone to replace the people who leave.i think once there was someone in tech support who swigned up here to ask a question (probably found us by google), but other than that, where should new users come from? its not like this place is famous or anything.
Oh really?

I think your forgetving about this....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 15:13   #73
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

im impressed
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:33   #74
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Is GD dying?

75 replies to this thread from 40 different users says GD is not dying.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:52   #75
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."---Mark Twain
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:53   #76
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
pig ought to have the message by now.

maybe i'm being optimistic
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:54   #77
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Back when I used to come here regularly there were bananna's flying around all over the place but I've just looked through this entire thread and can't find one anywhere.

>
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:59   #78
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I just invested $35, I hope it isn't dying. On another topic I like tuna fish WITHOUT pickles.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 20:39   #79
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough

i miss sword
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
starmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 00:34   #80
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
nonsense.

there's be a short period in which I had to buy all sorts of ridiculously expensive equipment that i didn't really understand and then an even shorter period before i threw a house party, everyone got pissed, set up this new equipment for me, my study turned into a buzzing thing with lights where i was constantly afraid of it catching fire; and then we'd be fine
It'll be like Spinner, Fudge and 'the other one' 2005 !!!111183

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 00:44   #81
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
It'll be like Spinner, Fudge and 'the other one' 2005 !!!111183
he called himself zeus

but i knew

i could tell

he wasn't zeus at all
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 00:52   #82
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The other Swedish one, not that Irish lingually challenged one.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 01:34   #83
Yahwe
I am.

oh the poof

god... it escapes me. i know the one you mean
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 01:38   #84
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Vish?
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 03:17   #85
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I think the seed of GD's problem reverts right to sex. More sex for its members, and GD wouldn't be so gay. *

*though this ranks in the top 5 of the stupidest things I have said on GD, it additionally ranks in the top 5 of truest things I've said.

THANKS
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 03:27   #86
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

suggest a poll for the removal of chikas fingers, forcibly, and to select the best person for the job.

banning just doesnt seem to work.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 09:41   #87
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
pig ought to have the message by now.

maybe i'm being optimistic
maybe, but im not quite convinced yet, imo yahwe should start his own thread again.

Yahwe does Clubbing.

Now that would be useful
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 14:29   #88
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
if you're not feeling sleepy now, you soon will be...

One area of concern... the number of new threads being made is definitely down. Taking 14th July as an example, there were only three.

So why so few? The stock answer is that everything's been done before (though time and new people may add new dimensions to old arguments) but that only leaves us with the occasional news comment thread, and people's problems/misadventures.

Are we all so uninspired, or does the negative element stifle creativity? Or perhaps it's caring about rep too much that's making people think twice before they press reply?

Are people sitting there considering starting a thread and then not bothering because they don't want to risk the potential abuse?

Does the person who starts a "less than wonderful" thread and sees it torn to shreds ever start another?

Is that their own fault for being feeble or "ours" for creating such an unwelcoming environment?

GD was always a mix of the clever and the crap. Wasn't it somehow at its best when it had both?
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 15:12   #89
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

As a new member to GD i dont think its all bad. It may be dying for the 'old boys club', but its still entertaining. Thats why im still here a couple times a day even though i feel like an outsider.

(remebered to untick sig box )
berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 15:47   #90
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's quite hard to have the 5 page long debates that we used to have. Most have been done already, whether on time travel/the speed of light, ID cards and immigration or general druggie stuff.

But still, a niche is found for the politically incorrect stuff, such as the London Bombing Jokes thread quickly blooming.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 15:52   #91
All Systems Go

Re: if you're not feeling sleepy now, you soon will be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
One area of concern... the number of new threads being made is definitely down. Taking 14th July as an example, there were only three.

So why so few? The stock answer is that everything's been done before (though time and new people may add new dimensions to old arguments) but that only leaves us with the occasional news comment thread, and people's problems/misadventures.

Are we all so uninspired, or does the negative element stifle creativity? Or perhaps it's caring about rep too much that's making people think twice before they press reply?

Are people sitting there considering starting a thread and then not bothering because they don't want to risk the potential abuse?

Does the person who starts a "less than wonderful" thread and sees it torn to shreds ever start another?

Is that their own fault for being feeble or "ours" for creating such an unwelcoming environment?

GD was always a mix of the clever and the crap. Wasn't it somehow at its best when it had both?

I blame society.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:07   #92
1-X
overtired

New features can liven things up a bit.

So how about image tags, polls for all, avatars at 3 months/500 posts, some new smileys and other frivolities to cover up the fact that no-one has anything interesting to say anymore?
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:19   #93
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Polls for all sounds fun. Im tempted to do one 'Am i a twat?' but i think i can guess some peoples answers already!
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:23   #94
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X

So why so few?
the number of threads has markedly decreased since the introduction of the rep system.

its mostly an unjustified fear: people don't get that much rep to give out in a day and most won't waste it, very few people can actually alter rep to any great extent, and a post genuinely has to be bad to get neg rep'd.

fear of being targetted by individuals is also silly. i have had heated arguments with individuals at various times but with all of them i have never once been neg rep'd by the person i was actually arguing with (nor have i neg rep'd them). it's a peculiar point of GD pride that if you are in a heated argument with someone you don't lower yourself by neg repping. Not only that but it's almost impossible to neg rep someone more than once. neg reping someon 3 times would take determined effort for something like 6 to 7 days. no one is that petty.

so fear of neg rep is rather like fear of crime. it's an unjustified fear that has nevertheless real consequences to peoples actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Are we all so uninspired, or does the negative element stifle creativity?
you don't seem to be noticing that the quality of threads is at an all time high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
would you actually want him to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
no it was appalling spam that went on for pages. or shit toilet humour. we should be proud of what GD has become and not start pretending things used to be better.

what does seem foolish is this suggestion that there is somehow a few 'elite' people on GD who almost 'dictate policy' to the community. it's utterly false and disingenuous for anyone to suggest this.

(i'm not particularly addressing you 1x this should really be a sepparate post but i'm here now so best get on)

If i see something which I think is shit then I have to think "will the community agree with me" just like everyone else. you go out on a limb if you criticise a post or a thread so you better be damn sure the community is going to agree with you. i've got it wrong in the past and i've been, quite rightly, torn apart for it.

GD is perhaps the most democratic social system I have ever seen. I for one value the simplest truth of this community everybody is judged not by who they are but by what they say.

the standard the community expects is high. and none of us get it right all the time. BUT all that means is that we try harder to post better posts. this is how it should be. let's not turn ourselves into every other forum on the internet where: we might all be nicer to each other, but we'd be bloody bored while we did it.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:32   #95
1-X
overtired

I did approach it from the angle that so few threads was a bad thing, which as you rightly point out isn't necessarily true.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:33   #96
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

Quote:
I havent been here that long, but what Yahwe has to say seems is correct.

Quote:
or shit toilet humour
You're play on words is funny
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:35   #97
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I aggree that the community is constantly pushing each other to achieve and maintain high standards, which is good in the fact that threads now arent just spam, but it also means that people are scared of losing there reputation etc. Personally I make a thread/post whenever I have the time or im interested in something, take this thread for example, alot of intelligent replies have occured thats perhaps the future of GD...
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:40   #98
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
You're play on words is funny
Quite possibly it's a reference to what I believe is the longet thread that has ever been on these forums, which was about toilets, I forget in what context.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:44   #99
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
take this thread for example, alot of intelligent replies have occured thats perhaps the future of GD...
are you suggesting that you have 'saved' GD by inventing a problem that never existed and then claiming you 'solved' it?

it's be quicker if you just said you were wrong.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 17:45   #100
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X

you obviously missed my james blunt thread.