User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Sep 2004, 02:59   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Hurricane Ivan

Any of you in it's path? If so, GET THE **** OUT!

165mph (265km/h) sustained winds...and I'd say there's a damn good chance it'll get stronger before it gets weaker. You can't help but feel bad for those folks in Florida that are about to get ****ed again by a major storm.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 03:21   #2
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hurricane Ivan

Actually, things aren't looking too bad for us at the moment.

The prediction map, which you'll find most Floridians refreshing as often as they can press F5, show it moving into the Gulf, probably missing everyone until it hits land NW of us.

West Florida may still get Tropical storm force winds, unless Ivan shifts North, but right now, I'm not even worried about trees hitting my shiny new RX-8.

\o/

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 03:24   #3
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh, and in case it does come over here, we have prepared.

The fridge has a mixture of Sam Adams, Killians Red, Corona and Amber Bock, a load of Diet Coke with Lime. The freezer is stuffed with ice and the drinks cabinet has enough rum, gin & vodka to keep a grown man drunk until the power comes back on.

GO ME !

Unread 12 Sep 2004, 03:44   #4
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

they just said on CNN that Ivan is likely the 6th strongest hurricane ever recorded. An yes DM, it's not looking like it'll hit any farther east than Panama City area...but even if it does hit where you are (wherever that is)...I'm sure you won't mind, afterall you've led a very very very very VERY long and productive life
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 04:45   #5
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

heh no shit, DM. Hurricane Watching is my new hobbie. NOAA updates every 6 hours!

And yeah, this thing hasnt even entered the area that Charley sped up in..this is getting uglier and uglier.

Oh and Dilly, the truly scary thing is that current wind speeds means there are probably gusts well over 200mph. This thing is one huge tornado. heh
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 09:10   #6
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

its now been upgraded to a cat. 5 storm
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 10:45   #7
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
Oh and Dilly, the truly scary thing is that current wind speeds means there are probably gusts well over 200mph. This thing is one huge tornado. heh
yup yup, this thing is one bad ass mother ****er
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 12:45   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

someone obv had the bombay.....
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 12:55   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
heh no shit, DM. Hurricane Watching is my new hobbie. NOAA updates every 6 hours!

And yeah, this thing hasnt even entered the area that Charley sped up in..this is getting uglier and uglier.

i warned my parents over Charlie a good 5 days in advance saying it had a good likelyhood of hitting us. They said it would be just like Dennis and all ther others weve seen every season which scrape or miss us totally.

Guess who got to laugh at the last minute panick buying of batteries/water/ice/food

ho ho ho.

The scariest thing is that Charlie had 140 sustained when it passed over parts of central florida and that took out 2million homes with power/telephone lines etc.

In florida thats rather shit.
no power = no a/c = sweatyness

If this thing hits headon and it speeds up some more its going to be a hell of a mess and a lot lot worse than charlie or francis.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 14:12   #10
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Actually, things aren't looking too bad for us at the moment.

The prediction map, which you'll find most Floridians refreshing as often as they can press F5, show it moving into the Gulf, probably missing everyone until it hits land NW of us.

West Florida may still get Tropical storm force winds, unless Ivan shifts North, but right now, I'm not even worried about trees hitting my shiny new RX-8.

\o/
You'll find that http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics...L0904W5%2BGIF/ is the automatically refreshing one.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 14:29   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Hurricane Ivan

At least if it takes out Florida, there won't be any of the late unpleasantness that so tarnished the 2000 election.

Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 19:15   #12
Smudge
For Crowly <3

where will it hit so we know where to laugh at?
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 19:17   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Western parts of Cuba late tonight and early hours of tomorrow

Western parts of florida about 1-2 days after that

However this does depend on where it heads. If the track shifts then it could be a lot better or a lot worse...
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 19:28   #14
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Fidel will be smoking a lot of cigars then in the coming hours!
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 19:33   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Hurricane Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Fidel will be smoking a lot of cigars then in the coming hours!
I've just smoked a cigar.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 19:36   #16
Smudge
For Crowly <3

are you trying to tell us something?

thought you looked familiar at J3
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 20:24   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Considering it is moving faster than 100mph, it seems to take a long time to get from A to B.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 20:27   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

They dont move that fast, much like a tornado doesnt travel across the ground at 200mph.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 21:14   #19
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Its moving at 9mph actually, its the winds that are 200mph or whatver speed they are reaching. Its been downgraded to a cat4 hurricane btw
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 22:38   #20
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Its been downgraded to a cat4 hurricane btw
heh...ya, but for how long. As long as it stays in the Gulf of Mexico...it should easily hit Category 5 status again...like, I believe that 155mph is a category 5, and it's currently sitting at 150mph, so it's only a matter of time before it hits category 5 again.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 03:56   #21
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ive seen worse
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 10:03   #22
Smudge
For Crowly <3

what happens if it goes higher than cat 5 whilst in the gulf of mexico?
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 10:24   #23
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Cat 5 is the highest category it can get to.

After that it's
Cat 5 - Preparte to be ass raped
Cat 5 - We really should make a new category
And finally
Cat 5 - Holy shit, God musn't like you
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 10:59   #24
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
ohh its windy outside, we must be getting the tail end of that hurricane
more quotes from my mother later
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 11:15   #25
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD's Mom
ohh its windy outside, we must be getting the tail end of that hurricane
Pretty much the same as the conversation the women around our breakfast table had.

"Oh the weather is horrible, so cold and rainy"
"Thats the hurricane"
"What hurricane?"
"The one near florida, we're getting some its bad weather"
"Oh, hope we dont get all that wind"
"Yeah".

We're in Ireland, fs. Women.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 11:27   #26
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

yeh were are on the East side of N.Ireland too :/
crazy women
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 13:09   #27
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Wales is Englands umbrella

Ireland is Wales'

its going to rain the next couple of days apparently then sunny for a couple
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:24   #28
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
At least if it takes out Florida, there won't be any of the late unpleasantness that so tarnished the 2000 election.

But it'll be used in president bush's campaign war against terrorism to get him re-elected, this time Nature is the enemy. (veiled reference at the relaxation of the pollution laws since he came into office that are quite disgusting)
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:25   #29
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Cat 5 is the highest category it can get to.

After that it's
Cat 5 - Preparte to be ass raped
Cat 5 - We really should make a new category
And finally
Cat 5 - Holy shit, God musn't like you
Actually above cat 5 it enters a new classifcation, it's no longer a hurricaine and I'm sure some scientists have a special name made up for it, an "X-Storm" or summit.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:28   #30
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Pretty much the same as the conversation the women around our breakfast table had.

"Oh the weather is horrible, so cold and rainy"
"Thats the hurricane"
"What hurricane?"
"The one near florida, we're getting some its bad weather"
"Oh, hope we dont get all that wind"
"Yeah".

We're in Ireland, fs. Women.
We actually do get tail ends of hurricaine's you sap, fortunately the ocean takes most of the juice out of it.

You see the Gulf of Mexico is what is keeping most of us from not freezing our bollocks off, it's current runs all the way from the gulf to the UK shores and back again, you know that current sorta thing, and with it will come the weather that kinda like's the water as well, remember that Weather is the World's AC system.

We frequently get the very very died out versions of these hurricaines cause after they pull off the american coast they just stroll along the ocean burning themselves out leaving what is usually looking like a tail hitting the western coasts of the UK.

However some people are really stupid and assume that this happens almost instantly, you are prolly however getting the tail end of Charley right now though.
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:46   #31
JammyJim
Godfather

i cannot escape that goddamn hurricane bastard
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:50   #32
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

If you lived in Wyoming, you could...

Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:50   #33
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
We actually do get tail ends of hurricaine's you sap, fortunately the ocean takes most of the juice out of it.

You see the Gulf of Mexico is what is keeping most of us from not freezing our bollocks off, it's current runs all the way from the gulf to the UK shores and back again, you know that current sorta thing, and with it will come the weather that kinda like's the water as well, remember that Weather is the World's AC system.

We frequently get the very very died out versions of these hurricaines cause after they pull off the american coast they just stroll along the ocean burning themselves out leaving what is usually looking like a tail hitting the western coasts of the UK.

However some people are really stupid and assume that this happens almost instantly, you are prolly however getting the tail end of Charley right now though.
beaten like a stepchild
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 02:49   #34
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

heh...no rest for the wicked

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...dex_large.html

it seems like it's some serious non-stop action in that there Atlantic. One after another keeps popping up, tho due to the location that 11 popped up in, it probably won't get too strong...but only time will tell I guess.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 08:29   #35
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Actually above cat 5 it enters a new classifcation, it's no longer a hurricaine and I'm sure some scientists have a special name made up for it, an "X-Storm" or summit.
X-Storm - sounds like some kids TV cartoon series
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 12:29   #36
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Hurricane Ivan spared Cuba fro massive damage.

Castro said it had "a friendly attitude towards Cuba". Obviously there's more to the name than meets the eye.
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 12:52   #37
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

He looks after his own that hurricane.

Dear Residents of the Panhandle,

Get the **** out

Regards
Starbucks
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 12:55   #38
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:

Dont tell ME how weather systems work, dipshit. I did a year of environmental physics and geography in college before switching degrees.

We are NOT getting the end of a hurricane at the moment. Charlie's wake passed weeks ago. This is simply a regular set of cold, stormy weather from the North Atlantic, blowing cold wind from a Northerly direction.

The people sitting in what I refer to the "retarded sewing circle" assumed that we are getting the bad weather from Ivan. They even said so.

So next time hold your tounge or I'll cut it out.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 13:52   #39
Sunday8pm
Banned

Oh noes threats from someone boasting about a small part of their education.

Next time make the inferrence rather than having to be corrected for not being able to explain yourself.

Seriously though.

Come on over to ottawa airport, I'll meet you at the terminal, tell me which flight.

I'll await you cutting my tongue out you limp weak goit.

Last edited by Sunday8pm; 14 Sep 2004 at 19:07.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 15:56   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good old god smiting those evil cuban marxist atheists.

Edit: What do you mean it didn't hit? :(((

PS Is anyone else using sunday's address to sign up for gay porn?!?!?
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 11:10   #41
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Good old god smiting those evil cuban marxist atheists.

Edit: What do you mean it didn't hit? ((

PS Is anyone else using sunday's address to sign up for gay porn?!?!?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3650682.stm

Ivan pretty much veered to the left of Cuba from where it was predicted to hit. It could have been a hell of a lot worse.

God kind of saved those good cuban marxist saints :P
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 04:47   #42
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

hehe, this is fun...I'm watching CNN, and poor Anderson Cooper is doing live stuff from Mobile Alabama...and he's gettin blow around like a rag doll, and the strongest winds haven't even hit yet...heh, poor guy...I want his job, it looks like fun trying to stay vertical.
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 14:58   #43
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

from the satellite images now, looks like ivan's starting to dissipate..
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 15:19   #44
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
from the satellite images now, looks like ivan's starting to dissipate..
It's TV, it'll look like its dead only to come back for one last moment.
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 16:16   #45
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Oh look internet people threatening other internet people with internet violence.

The non-stop amusement continues.....non-stop.
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 03:01   #46
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

I'm thinking that we must be gettin some of Ivan up here now...I can't recall the last time we've had winds this strong...but, according to the local weather, the winds are only 22km/h with gusts of 31km/h...but that's BS, I can hardly stand up out there without gettin blown around.

/edit: holy shite, there's now another storm brewing out in the Atlantic heading due west...tropical depression 12, and Jeanne is headin to Florida, and Ivan is still flexin his muscles...I can't remember a hurricane season that seems to be almost non-stop action like this one so far...wacky

Last edited by Dilly_D; 17 Sep 2004 at 03:06.
Dilly_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 12:08   #47
JammyJim
Godfather

Jeanne is still a tropical storm but will develop into a hurricane. So far theyre tracking it running about 200-300 miles off the coast of florida but then suddenly turning inwards.

Karl is there but doesnt look like anything is going to happen.

And Ivan has been downgraded to a tropical depression......thats like...a bad storm..