User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Apr 2004, 01:05   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Ipods

I know this debate raged here a while ago, but I cant be arsed to go digging through all that tripe.

Any Ipod owners / former owners here who have an opinion on the worthiness of an Ipod?

I'm thinking of getting one, but I'd like to know the limitations etc before I go ahead and flash the cash.
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 01:22   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ipods

Theyre ****ing ace, they make you a mugging target in London, and they piss on the solid state "£150 for 128mg" shite players.

Buy the ****ing thing. Providing youve solved your much vaunted money worries, obviously.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 02:04   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I really really liked having an iPod for the two/three weeks I had one.

So much so that if I get the £12k in unsecured loans I've just applied for, I'm getting another one.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 09:14   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Theyre ****ing ace, they make you a mugging target in London, and they piss on the solid state "£150 for 128mg" shite players.

Buy the ****ing thing. Providing youve solved your much vaunted money worries, obviously.
I can quite easily, get another credit card. Stick it on that credit card and not have to worry about paying the ****ing thing off until the end of October.

However, I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible. As for being a mugging target, you're talking to the guy who carrys two mobiles with him all the time while walking through some of East Londons dodgiest areas, heh.
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 10:07   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 10:25   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On the mugging thing, it's pretty much just the headphones which attract attention. Since the playlist function works quite well, you don't really need to take it out of your pocket that often.

Therefore, it's mainly the white headphones which are on display. Since they're not that good anyway, replacing them is hardly overly burdensome.
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 10:42   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I have a Creative Jukebox Zen Xtra - much cheaper than an IPOD, much more capacity, only issue really is its a bit bigger and possibly has worse battery life, but I like it.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 10:43   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
However, they're not quite as cost effective as the "£200 for 40Gb" good players.

Everyone agrees that the iPod is too expensive.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 16:02   #9
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Theyre ****ing ace, they make you a mugging target in London
as does using a mobile. this was just something whipped up by a bored press who don't like the thing
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 16:03   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
as does using a mobile. this was just something whipped up by a bored press who don't like the thing
EVERYONE has an agenda. Even you and me.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 16:09   #11
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
EVERYONE has an agenda. Even you and me.
i have to keep reminding myself that newspapers are just outlets for mad snobocrats to express their views
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 18:17   #12
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

They're brilliant. I got myself a mini iPod while I was in America for £50 less than they'll be when they come out over here

As for the mugging thing, if you're really that worried just don't use the white headphones. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that "Dirty Secret" site was for the first generation iPods and that it's been fixed on all the new ones.
Obliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 20:35   #13
Rids
The Bad Guy

After recieving word that I'd be recieving a bonus in the region of £700 at the end of this month, I just spunked £400 of it on a 40gb Ipod.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 04:45   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
Most mobiles don't cost £300 though. Also, there's added complications with stealing some phones (will it work, getting it unlocked, etc). Stealing an iPod seems a lot more profitable.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 12:48   #15
Rids
The Bad Guy

Ai, thus why mine is insured, and I may be claiming on that insurance soon, heh.