User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Feb 2004, 12:45   #51
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The UT2K4 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Do you judge the quality of a game by the amount of problems with its code or the amount of players enjoying it?
both
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 12:49   #52
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Half-Life is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH years old and still tons of people play it. I'd consider that a success

the people who plays it is happy that so many finds slow games and retarted weapons amusing.

These are the same people who buy britney spears records and thinks Theamion and Koen are worthy of breathing air
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 13:01   #53
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Do you judge the quality of a game by the amount of problems with its code or the amount of players enjoying it?
Did you actually read my first post on the subject or are you just picking my opinions out of the aether?

I only care about coding when it affects the enjoyment of the game. In half life and counterstrike, the obvious flaws were the netcode and the weapon spray.

Furthermore, I said I didn't like counterstrike because I don't enjoy it.

Your point about games being popular is also pretty irrelevent.

Look at, say, System Shock 2. That's a great game, and it sold 3 copies. Ditto every other Looking Glass game, along with things like Battlezone.

On the other hand, we have games like Tiberium Sun, Red Alert 2 and The Sims, the last of which isn't even a game.

They're all popular.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 16:38   #54
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

UT2k4, seems like a fun game, but nothing I am going to rush and get.

Fav is the buggy with the blades of doom. Stick those suckers out and slice down people in a bloddy mess

Not to mention, its really, really pretty on my 9800 Pro and yet so smooth.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 16:41   #55
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Look at, say, System Shock 2. That's a great game, and it sold 3 copies. Ditto every other Looking Glass game, along with things like Battlezone.
I have one of three copies of Thief & Thief 2?
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 16:47   #56
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I have one of three copies of Thief & Thief 2?
As do I.

I wonder who has the other one.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 18:55   #57
Intrepid00

I 'had' theif but I smashed it to pieces and throw it out.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 19:17   #58
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey you can break the blades off that buggy dealy by driving it into lampposts

How fantas
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 19:34   #59
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Hey you can break the blades off that buggy dealy by driving it into lampposts

How fantas
Or other vehicles, or the wall.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 20:26   #60
Intrepid00

Quote:
Or other vehicles, or the wall.
There ment to slice people up, not veichles.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 20:28   #61
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
There ment to slice people up, not veichles.
Yep. Which is why they break off.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 20:34   #62
Intrepid00

Which is the neatest feature.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 20:34   #63
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yep. Which is why they break off.
The gun thing on it is a bit crap though.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 20:35   #64
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
It is? Power up, its wide shot and it hurts a lot on infantry and other buggies.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 20:45   #65
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
the people who plays it is happy that so many finds slow games and retarted weapons amusing.

These are the same people who buy britney spears records and thinks Theamion and Koen are worthy of breathing air
suffering from cliche makes you blind, an ol' man told me once.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 20:46   #66
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
It's great if you can use it. Kills small vehicles (and foot people) in one hit, severly damages the Hellbender and tank.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 22:18   #67
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The gun thing is very useful against powercores.

Just an FYI.
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 22:46   #68
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
The gun thing is very useful against powercores.

Just an FYI.
Interesting.
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 15:45   #69
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

I must have downloaded the wrong thing, I seem to be playing Halo
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 16:57   #70
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciduous
I must have downloaded the wrong thing, I seem to be playing Halo
The vehicle physics is reasonably similar to halo, but the vehicles are much better designed, and the gametype is more similar to a structured BF1942.

Of course, that's only the ONE MODE out of the multitude on offer.
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 17:23   #71
Intrepid00

Learned spider mines will seek targets with seconday mode laser pointer thing. So there was this buggy running up and down the center power core mowing people down. I just planted myself a little army of spider mines and sent them a few feet ahead. When the buggy came down to get me the spider mines took him out

It was quite fun.
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 19:27   #72
Intrepid00

So I played last night again, I am emensly dissapointed by the netcode. It reminds me of BF1942 and if its released with poor netcoding like BF1942 at such god awful levels then I am most diffently waiting to buy it.
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 19:31   #73
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
So I played last night again, I am emensly dissapointed by the netcode. It reminds me of BF1942 and if its released with poor netcoding like BF1942 at such god awful levels then I am most diffently waiting to buy it.
The only problem I've found with the netcode is when servers hit the 18-24 person mark. It's been perfectly playable on a 12 person server with 120 ping, for me (and I'm used to 30's at the most)
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 19:58   #74
Intrepid00

Yes, exactly. Just like BF1942 was at one point and I am not going to pay $50 again to wait for the netcode to get dcent for larger groups after a year.