User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Oct 2005, 02:14   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Debreu] Requiem (Part IV)

“So you spoke with the president?” asked Walras quietly.

“Yeah, apparently he asked for me by name.” responded a circumspect Debreu. Detective Debreu and Sergeant Walras were sitting in the police staff lounge looking at a muted television hanging in the corner of the room. Behind them, their partner Clark leaned against a counter, indifferently flipping through the pages of an ad newspaper insert. The television was set to a cable news channel showing video clips of black body bags being stacked up in piles on High Street. Trucks with opened trailers idled nearby, waiting to be loaded. It was footage from earlier in the morning, the day after the discovery. Next to the television, a curtained window rendered dim lighting for the lounge. It was raining outside.

“God, they keep showing that clip with that tiny body bag being carried out. I can’t stand it,” said Debreu. “Honestly, how many times do we need to see that?”

“What kind of man kills children like this?” voiced Walras. “You saw the national press brief last night, they showed the surveillance clips to everyone. And you see that monster, how can it be even called a man? Some people are saying it’s not, you know.”

“It’s a man.” asserted the detective and for a moment no one said anything.

“So what did he say?”

“The president? Well, he talked to the captain first, asked for me, and basically thanked me for our work. I wish I could have saved some people, caught this thing.” Debreu paused and looked at his friend. “He really sounds like a nice person, not at all as artificial as he seems in the news sometimes. He told me that we’ll catch the people responsible. I told him I hoped we would and thanked him and that was it.”

Walras made a facial expression displaying his impression. “Sound’s good, congratulations.” He let out a faint smirk.

Debreu raised his eyebrows, smirking back. “Henry, so tell me, how’s Sarah doing? How are the kids?”

“They’re glad I’m okay. We’re leaving the TV off for the time being. Taylor was crying all night, until I finally came home. Scared to death, that little kid. Colin is taking it better, you know he’s quiet about it.”

“He’s a teenager now, things will change, or so I’ve heard.” Debreu smiled.

“You and Elena should start thinking about kids” urged a soft spoken Walras. “You don’t have forever you know.”

“Oh not this again.” The detective shrugged. “It’s not our style.”

“Sarah thinks you’d make a great father.”

“Well she’s married to the champion of dads, so she’d know.” The two looked at each other amused. The Detective looked up at the images on the screen and his delight faded. “Who wants to bring children into this world these days?” He shifted to look at his other partner behind him. Sergeant Clark was still slowly thumbing through pages of supermarket ads, not really looking at anything. “You feeling better, Clark?” Clark slapped the paper shut and turned to look at his boss.

“I’m alright.” Sgt Clark was a tall black man, the youngest of them. For a while he had been a rising star in the department. Things had eventually leveled off for him, and he had slid comfortably into his position where he now worked for Debreu. The three men had been working together for a little over three years.

“I’m not worried. Just checking.” Debreu thought about the alcohol he had smelled on Clark yesterday. It seemed to him as if the man still hadn’t shaved.

“I’m sorry about being late last week, I try to make it here on time, and I feel terrible about it.”

“We can talk about it later.”

“I know… I just am trying.”

“Well, you got people who follow you. Maybe you should start thinking about setting a better example.” advised Walras haphazardly. Clark, unlike Walras, was responsible for the other, lower ranking, officers in their subunit. Both Clark and Walras conducted investigation; Clark just had the added responsibility. It seemed to fit him well, he was good at managing.

“I try when I can.”

“Just saying…”

“Anyhow, I think we should celebrate tonight,” Clark announced dryly. He pulled a bottle of liquor out of his jacket.

Debreu shook his head. “Celebrate what?”

“I think I heard we’re going to be getting some time off, maybe a week.” Clark made a face.

“That would be nice.” said a nodding Walras.

“You’re not going to open that bottle now are you?” Debreu sounded serious.

“Of course not, why I’m on duty, Sir.” He put the bottle back in his jacket.

“Maybe you shouldn’t keep it on you while you’re working.”

“You don’t know how many times, this bottle has saved my life.” They all grinned.

“Just don’t get anyone killed…” The rain had begun pouring heavily outside. On the television, people weeped as they gathered around a news correspondent who was interviewing them, getting their comments. Behind them, the body bags continued to be piled up on one another.
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 11:13   #2
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [Debreu] Requiem (Part IV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
I did not read this. I praise you for writing it though ..
right on brother.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote