User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jul 2006, 11:37   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
So yesterday I watched

Born to fight
Up until now I didn't believe that it is possible to make a movie so bad that it becomes good again, but in this case just that happened. If you ever have the chance to watch this movie, do it. I had tears in my eyes from laughing.
The plot was just stupid, most of the stunts were absolutly unnecessary (Let's say you stand on a house and want to kick some guy on the ground on the head, would you turn two somersaults (hope that's the right word...) while flying down the house, just for greater effect? The movie had LOTS of these scenes. It all ended in a big orgy of violence, my guess is that at least twice as many people died as in Kill Bill. There was also lots of Thai patriotism. While in a normal Hollywood movie (like Independece Day or the Patriot) these flag-waving scenes may just make you smile a little, you can do nothing but laugh when some thai guy is holding his flag while at the same time kicking a football at some evil guy on a watchtower 30 meters away (evil guy gets hit by the ball, falls down the watchtower and dies, yay \o/) At least half of the movie consists of stupid scenes like this.
I didn't have such a great time in cinema in a log long time.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 12:42   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So yesterday I watched

National Treasure, Sahara, Doom, Lord of War. These are all films I felt managed to become so ridiculous they became a literal joy to watch.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 12:44   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why did you think Lord of War was ridiculous Jonny?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 12:49   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
The amusingly alcohol and drug-soaked characters and the semi-pathetic nature of the plot, and perhaps the material they were working with led to this more than anything.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 12:52   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

where are the ****ing spoiler tags?!

edit: i thought lord of war was pretty good, the african dictator guy alone makes the movie worth it on various levels.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 12:53   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Isn't the presence of Nicolas Cage enough?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 12:59   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood[/quote
The amusingly alcohol and drug-soaked characters and the semi-pathetic nature of the plot, and perhaps the material they were working with led to this more than anything.
I'm not really sure how the alcohol and drug soaked characters made it ridiculous (although the bit with the 'brown-brown' was hilarious, presumably deliberately). And the plot seemed OK, but obvious different tastes, etc. Either way it seems like a completely different category to something like 'Doom'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
No. Nicholas Cage is fairly unlikeable (he has one of those faces that you'd not get tired of punching as they say) and I don't really rate his acting skills but some of his movies are OK. Including Lord of War.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 13:03   #8
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
where are the ****ing spoiler tags?!

edit: i thought lord of war was pretty good, the african dictator guy alone makes the movie worth it on various levels.
I don't think mentioning two scenes spoils anything for anyone, especially considering that the plot is of such a low importance.

And I also think Lord of war wasn't such a bad movie, despite Nicolas Cage.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 13:49   #9
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I've seen over the last few days comercials for "World Trade Center" staring Nicolas Cage as one of the officers who gets trapped in the rubble. I seriously hope this movie isn't done in the normal Hollywood hype of trying to overdo and almost disrespect a tragic event. Such as was done with Pearl Harbor, they added a bunch of well known actors and it seemed to be more a story about them then what actually happened.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 13:50   #10
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i enjoyed lord of war on an actual level, and i thought Cage fit the role well. He only has deadpan delivery, but it worked perfectly.

National Treasure, on the other hand, was ****ing abysmal. (And where was confusing-accent henchman from? Scotland? Germany? Lesotho?)
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 14:03   #11
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
i enjoyed lord of war on an actual level, and i thought Cage fit the role well. He only has deadpan delivery, but it worked perfectly.

National Treasure, on the other hand, was ****ing abysmal. (And where was confusing-accent henchman from? Scotland? Germany? Lesotho?)
Are you talking the Sean Bean character, he usually does the Irish/Scottish accent.

I liked this movie, just because it's usually on in the middle of the night and helps me fall asleep.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 14:07   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
Are you talking the Sean Bean character, he usually does the Irish/Scottish accent.

I liked this movie, just because it's usually on in the middle of the night and helps me fall asleep.
sean bean wasn't the henchman though was he
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 14:18   #13
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
sean bean wasn't the henchman though was he
He was the main bad guy, I didn't really notice an accent on the other guys, then again I wasn't really paying attention to there accents, I was watching and realizing how ridiculous most of the plot was, such as a bottomless pit that's perfectly spiral underneath a church that has a 230 year old staircase that rattles everytime the subway goes by, not to mention it's under sea level at that point and more than likely would be flooded anyway.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 14:38   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
National Treasure, Sahara, Doom, Lord of War. These are all films I felt managed to become so ridiculous they became a literal joy to watch.
Apart from the FPS bit of the film and the fight at the end, Doom was a terrible terrible movie

Something like Resident Evil would fall into the "so bad it's good" category for me.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 14:39   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

National Treasure was great.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 14:41   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Apart from the FPS bit of the film and the fight at the end, Doom was a terrible terrible movie

Something like Resident Evil would fall into the "so bad it's good" category for me.
Oh come on

"I'M not supposed to die!?!?"
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 15:21   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

But he's from Sheffield :confuzzed:
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 15:44   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I happened to see the movie last week, and I somewhat liked it as the basic premise and story was quite alright.

However, I'm going to have to side with Jonny here on the side of it being fairly ridiculous. Mainly because of how hilarously easy everything went in the movie; Nicholas Cage sees someone get shot and decides to become an arms dealer right there. Fortunately some random person in the synagogue he's never been to sells Uzi's and a week later he is selling them on to African dictators. Then, in order to get acquainted with a photo model, he hires off an entire hotel and has her sent there for a fake photo shoot, after which she sits down next to him on the beach and falls for him immediately, because that's what you do as an internationally acclaimed photo model when you're in a completely empty hotel with one other random guest and your photo shoot just got cancelled.

And there's more stuff like that. The story isn't bad, but it's obviously so far detached from reality that it somewhat negatively influences the film as a whole, considering it doesn't actually take place in some fictional world.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 15:47   #19
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Doom made no sense at all...

none..

it never became good either. it just got worse and worse until the final credits ran and they paid homage to the game.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 16:51   #20
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Doom made no sense at all...
It did, but you had to care about the film to want to understand the plot. Unfortunately I gave it a chance.

[spoiler]

There's supposedly a twenty fourth chromosome which they discovered from some ancient race on a planet which were identical to use except for this extra chromosome. And apparently they deduced it gave you superhuman powers like extra strength and stuff. So it made you evolve. But if you give it to some heinous person like a super psycho mental case (like they did) then they go around trying to infect other people with this extra chromosome. But they only infect other psycho people because apparently they can work out who is and who isnt. The people who arent psycho mental people just get killed and not mutated/given the extra chromosome. So when she gives her brother that extra chromosome thingy at the end because he's not psychomental he just becomes superhuman without mutating into some sort of monster

[/spoiler]

I didn't say the film was good because it made sense. It's still utterly ridiculous. And the "sense" is so shit anyway
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 17:20   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd have just said

MANKIND DISCOVERS THE EVIL PART OF THE GENOME

and left it at that.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:40   #22
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no
im not a retard. i understood what was going on TK.

I just didnt understand why the rock turned out to be some evil psychopath when clearly he was a marine and supposedly a good dude.

It just all went a bit weird?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:50   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i liked national treasure and sahara, they were a good way to waste a couple of hours without having to put too much thought into it
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 00:11   #24
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
National Treasure was great.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 00:17   #25
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i liked national treasure and sahara, they were a good way to waste a couple of hours without having to put too much thought into it
I just post on internet forums to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
no
im not a retard. i understood what was going on TK.
Oh I thought you just couldn't be arsed listening to their crappily-thrown-together plot
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 00:26   #26
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought Lord of War was enjoyable, I didn't find it morally instructive or anything though. I really enjoy Nicholas Cage's movies, even his dumb ones. He reminds me of a friend of mine, I think that's why.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 08:01   #27
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

I finally finished watching Syriana after seeing a few posts about it the other day. I've come to the conclusion I feel sorry for anyone who spent money to see this movie in the theater. Maybe it's just me but I didn't see a clear "plot" in the movie, nor did I think that the ending really had any sort of "closure" it just sorta ended, with the cliché turning the porch light out to end the movie being rather predicable as soon as the scene started.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 08:21   #28
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I finally finished watching Syriana after seeing a few posts about it the other day.
Apparently, a lot of people found it an eye-opener on US-middle east politics.

I think that lot lives over the pond though.. and spend most their time hiding under rocks or running around waving flags.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 09:04   #29
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
Apparently, a lot of people found it an eye-opener on US-middle east politics.

I think that lot lives over the pond though.. and spend most their time hiding under rocks or running around waving flags.
I've been known to be a flag waving American from time to time. I really don't like oil companies, seems all they care about is profit, but can we really blame them for taking advantage of a majority of the developed countries dependance on oil and natural gases. I think one of the biggest wastes of oil and money is in blacktop roads, using oil as a byproduct and releasing sulfur-dioxide, just because it's cheaper to build than concrete roads which last way longer, are more durable, and don't create pollution.

I will however say that while not 100 percent positive, but more than likely our US government isn't really doing everything it can to research alternative energy, even though they claim to.