User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:21   #101
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: how do you become pa team

The fact Chef is a member of PA Team says it all. How a cretin like that who's never really achieved anything in the game other than acting like a spastic on the forums and sucking up to the right people I don't know. Maybe things have changed recently but from what I remember he was one of the most clueless people about the game you could imagine who was dying for a little taste of power from anywhere. That in itself says it all about the recruitment policies of PA Team. Close thread questions answered.

PA Team needs to be staffed by people who really care about the game, people who really know how it works and most importantly people who have an idea for a new direction to take the game. The problem is those people inevitably never want anything to do with PA Team either because of its reputation, because they have other accomplishments in the game worth far more or because they know that any good they try to do will be frustrated by people who only care about their ops in #planetarion.

Last edited by Hicks; 20 Sep 2006 at 14:27.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:25   #102
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

love you too hicks

Edit: Ok, firstly i'd like to thank you hicks for editing your post to explain your reasons for your dislike of me. Secondly, its got to be said there was a point where yes i probably was like you describe but bearing in mind ive been on the forums for 5 and a half years now, i think its fair to say in that time people can change.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.

Last edited by Chef!; 20 Sep 2006 at 14:30.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:31   #103
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Hicks - no person attacks ta
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:32   #104
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

How on earth is that a personal attack ? is saying why based on past behaviour someone's appointment completely sums up PA Team recruitment strategies a personal attack ?
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:37   #105
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

To be honest Hicks as far as im concerned your entitled to your opinion but like i said five and a half years is quite a while, it is an amount of time in which a person can change. Also i find it a little worrying that your willing to base your whole opinion of me on my forums posts, i dont ever think you have spoken to me properly. Anyway, i really have no desire to be drawn into a debate about my suitability to do what i do.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:38   #106
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

and what is it that you do
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:39   #107
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Just looking at Jerome's stats, it's a nice idea for change, I like the idea of mixing things up partically giving everyone access to some stealing ships. I'm actually surprised that Cathaar have lasted this long in the game, the fundermental problem with them as a race is that they're only a valid choice for a small number of players who are large or have alliance protection, for your average John Nobody Cathaar have always been off limits.

I still think that's dire that ships only have one target, don't tell me they kept that 1 tick attack rubbish as well ? I'm not sure what I make of certain ships targetting structures, is it that popular ? I would have removed that from the game completely.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:43   #108
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

no hicks! pa isn't ready for change! it's only been nearly 2 years now of the same set up! god knows why anyone quits this riveting game filled with strategy and progress
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:45   #109
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Well there's pros and cons with that set up, I'm sure there are a handful of players who love the current system, plus think of all the work involved !
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:45   #110
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
and what is it that you do
My role as deputy of P&O is explained briefly http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...3&postcount=11 there.

However i have also been involved in helping admin the beta and working on putting together a new news team.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:46   #111
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
The fact Chef is a member of PA Team says it all. How a cretin like that who's never really achieved anything in the game other than acting like a spastic on the forums and sucking up to the right people I don't know. Maybe things have changed recently but from what I remember he was one of the most clueless people about the game you could imagine who was dying for a little taste of power from anywhere. That in itself says it all about the recruitment policies of PA Team. Close thread questions answered.

I wholeheartedly agree with you here. I have started to wonder what the credentials for being accepted into the PA team is, and so far i havent really seen any real proof for Chef's above and beyone duty to the game or the community.

Maybe the PA team should start writing an introductionary speech whenever someone is taken into the pa team explaining why this individual was taken in and explain what his job will be?

As far as I see it, most of the PA team have more or less no credential whatsoever in regards to the ability to see the future for PA. There are some exceptions like Appocomaster and Kal (allthough I disagree with their visions) but atleast they got an opinion on things.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 14:51   #112
jerome

one more thing, kal once said he has pa listed in his cv, what does that say exactly out of nosiness, "i run an online game"?
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:24   #113
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
one more thing, kal once said he has pa listed in his cv, what does that say exactly out of nosiness, "i run an online game"?
I sincerely hope this question is a joke =/ I can probably think of something at any rate that is a little bit more professional than "i run an online game"

Edit: I have this nasty inability to detect sarcasm, hence the above comment

Last edited by Squidly; 20 Sep 2006 at 15:35.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:40   #114
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In response to the specific attack at Chef:
I have to say that I've not really known Chef from the times referenced above (I saw him occasionally as we were both in the newsletter team, but we never really talked), and I'm slightly shocked at what has been said about him. From my point of view he's worked hard at the position he's been promoted to and done it well.

Let's face it, no one really likes any sort of HR department, but he's set out to help create it and start to formalise rules for things like recruitment and so on.

I don't think anyone has said a bad word about him on the team since he joined. He's a great example of someone that's willing to work hard in the team and take the initiative when not directly told what to do. That's why he is where he is.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:46   #115
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
In response to the specific attack at Chef:
I have to say that I've not really known Chef from the times referenced above (I saw him occasionally as we were both in the newsletter team, but we never really talked), and I'm slightly shocked at what has been said about him. From my point of view he's worked hard at the position he's been promoted to and done it well.

Let's face it, no one really likes any sort of HR department, but he's set out to help create it and start to formalise rules for things like recruitment and so on.

I don't think anyone has said a bad word about him on the team since he joined. He's a great example of someone that's willing to work hard in the team and take the initiative when not directly told what to do. That's why he is where he is.
I wouldnt expect anything less from a person inside the PA team to fully support someone who is gonna be in charge of the internal recruitment etc etc. But in the future, maybe have some sort of announcment when a player is being promoted to the pa team creates abit more credibility instead of just secretely sneaking him in.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 15:58   #116
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I wouldnt expect anything less from a person inside the PA team to fully support someone who is gonna be in charge of the internal recruitment etc etc. But in the future, maybe have some sort of announcment when a player is being promoted to the pa team creates abit more credibility instead of just secretely sneaking him in.
We planned to announce this along with other things in the Round 19 announcement, due in the next few days.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:39   #117
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough
Angry Re: how do you become pa team

here we see some real penis envy (dickfear)
people look @ chef who more then earned his spot (it took WAY to long)
and see him go up in rank and then look"down" at there own "rank"(for some the same as ego) and go
YOURS IS BIGGER THEN MINE

at that point they had a choise between crying in the corner and and nagging here!
and if you read up you can see a stack of gits making the wrong choise.

the proper responce to chef being promoted would be
"Congratz chef you earned it will all that unpayed free time you put into making me enjoy this game"

and if you feel i am talking to you
I AM!!!
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:48   #118
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
here we see some real penis envy (dickfear)
people look @ chef who more then earned his spot (it took WAY to long)
and see him go up in rank and then look"down" at there own "rank"(for some the same as ego) and go
YOURS IS BIGGER THEN MINE

at that point they had a choise between crying in the corner and and nagging here!
and if you read up you can see a stack of gits making the wrong choise.

the proper responce to chef being promoted would be
"Congratz chef you earned it will all that unpayed free time you put into making me enjoy this game"

and if you feel i am talking to you
I AM!!!
Can you stop making a fool out of yourself.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:48   #119
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Yes xontas is right, there's no problems in PA Team, there never has been. Chef and all the others have earned their spots there and are clearly taking Planetarion into a bold new exciting era. Everyone in this thread who thinks differently is just jealous of the amazing unpaid careers these guys have, get a life and stop complaining, maybe if you toed the party line then one day you could rise to help run a failing online game .
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:51   #120
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Yes xontas is right, there's no problems in PA Team, there never has been. Chef and all the others have earned their spots there and are clearly taking Planetarion into a bold new exciting era. Everyone in this thread who thinks differently is just jealous of the amazing unpaid careers these guys have, get a life and stop complaining, maybe if you toed the party line then one day you could rise to help run a failing online game .
Do you think the PA crew will ever forgive me?
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 16:58   #121
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I've suggested several times unsuccessfully, back in the day, to look at removing races and allow people to research and construct all ships from the then current ship statistics, thereby creating more choice in the construction of fleets.

Props for daring to mix it up in the current fashion, although it's a bit of a shame that different races are still locked into only one or two viable fleet compositions due to having limited access to pod types.
I mentioned something similar to this to Jer in PM. I think one of the things that made Planetarion quite boring as a game was the lack of variety something that even his stats don't address. Everyone has the same roiding fleet which is sent at targets who all have the same fleet which can't kill their roiding fleet. I suggested something like keeping races and bringing secondary targeting but then giving planets the option to research what kind of pods they wanted, that would maybe give people some degree if specialisation in their fleets. Your suggestion actually might work better but they're along the same lines, neither would ever happen imagine how long they'd take to code
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:04   #122
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

jelousy is a funny thing

anyway, chef is new to PAteam
if you want someone to blame, i CAN make a couple of suggestions
appoc, jj,mushroom, chef and kloopy are not among them
those guys do a ace job but just dont get the room to do what they need to do.

yes PA is dying and yes some parts of PAteam and the jolt rep are to blame for it
but that doesnt give you the right to act like a horces ass to a person willing to spend his free time working so you have a game to play

so kindy and with all the respect due to you, STFU YOU NOOB
clear enough for you
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:10   #123
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
jelousy is a funny thing

anyway, chef is new to PAteam
if you want someone to blame, i CAN make a couple of suggestions
appoc, jj,mushroom, chef and kloopy are not among them
those guys do a ace job but just dont get the room to do what they need to do.

yes PA is dying and yes some parts of PAteam and the jolt rep are to blame for it
but that doesnt give you the right to act like a horces ass to a person willing to spend his free time working so you have a game to play

clear enough for you
Erm, yeah, you should know by now that my highest wish is to be in the PA-Team.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:15   #124
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:

clear enough for you
You tell them xontas mate, none of you have the right to complain or suggest changes about a product that you pay for, you should all just shut up and stop complaining. These people give up their time for free and should be above reproach because of that. If you hate it so much you should just stop paying ... oh wait.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:16   #125
xontas

reading skill my friend reading skills

if you read the quote you just gave you'll see its about you respecting a volenteer working for the good of the game
not your personal wishes
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:18   #126
xontas

Quote:
You tell them xontas mate, none of you have the right to complain or suggest changes about a product that you pay for, you should all just shut up and stop complaining. These people give up their time for free and should be above reproach because of that. If you hate it so much you should just stop paying ... oh wait.
i said blame the RIGHT people
marv made himself a obvious choise for flaming

but chef on the other hand, is jumping IN the shitpile to try and make it right
he is doing it for free
and he still has to proof himself either way
so be realistic blame the guys that broke it!
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:21   #127
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
reading skill my friend reading skills

if you read the quote you just gave you'll see its about you respecting a volenteer working for the good of the game
not your personal wishes
Let's say that your toilet is leaking and one of your friends offers to fix it for free. You go out and he comes over and has a go at fixing it, when you get back you find that he made things much worse and the whole house is now flooded. Do you complain about what he did ? He has wrecked your house for free afterall.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:24   #128
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
but chef on the other hand, is jumping IN the shitpile to try and make it right
Needless layers of recruitment bureaucracy to the rescue.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:30   #129
xontas

ok forget it
your right and i am wrong
(enjoy your alternate reality)
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 19:14   #130
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I'm not sure why exactly this has turned into an attack on Chef, but let me explain why his appointing to deputy of P&O wasn't announced. When P&O was formed it came out of some issues between the support team and PATeam. We decided to recruit someone from the overall Planetarion staff to try and help sort theese issues out. A number of people applied, but Chef was the best candidate by far mainly due to some of the things he does in real life.

We made it clear from the start of P&O's life that it was a trial until the start of the next round, and hence nothing was announced - also considering it was really about internal matters an announcement wasn't as important as it would have been for other appointments. Now it does look like P&O will continue into the future in some way, but probabaly in a quite different way to how it was originally envisaged. Once we have sorted all of this out it will be announced etc.

I think the idea someone had above about writing an introduciton on new team members is an excelent idea, and I'll see if we can get something slotted into the announcements.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 19:48   #131
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
clear enough for you
Dear god, I hope no one ever puts you in charge of anything.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 20:12   #132
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Christopher Hicks will you be playing the next round of PA if there is some sort of change? If so we can be buddies (that doesn't just mean best friends forever either although we're that as well!) and that would be fun! Oh yeah!

For the record Chef seems to be a good guy from what I've seen of him (I wasn't really around 5.5 years ago though so he may have been a bit of a muppet then - I'm sure I was too though). In fact attacking people about positions of responsibility they hold does no more for the game than these crimes (of doing nothing for the game) that they're supposedly accountable for. So it's a bit pointless making posts like that.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 20:17   #133
xontas

Quote:
Dear god, I hope no one ever puts you in charge of anything.
well they did, just not in PA anymore, in PA you now have marv
ENJOY
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 20:29   #134
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
well they did, just not in PA anymore, in PA you now have marv
ENJOY
I like how you're claiming other people to be jealous of the people in PA Team when you sound rather bitter over not being in charge "in PA anymore".

I was accused of being Sigmund Freud in GD earlier, so I'm going to go with a projection issue here.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 20:48   #135
xontas

Quote:
I like how you're claiming other people to be jealous of the people in PA Team when you sound rather bitter over not being in charge "in PA anymore".

I was accused of being Sigmund Freud in GD earlier, so I'm going to go with a projection issue here.
BEEEEEEEEP, wrong

sorry no sigar
i am working with a lot of dedicated guys in managerleague.com
we are having a hell of a time
i did propose to step in as intrum head MH untill they could train a proper one
but they(biffy from what i hear) desides against it

fulltime back in PA
not under jolt
and sertainly not under biffy

am i bitter about how i got fired, hell yes, but i dont want to go back
was i right in my predictions that i got fired for, hell yes
2.5k players says it all realy
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 21:05   #136
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Can you stop making a fool out of yourself.
Perhaps you should take your own advice? Should of known i would come into a thread slating PA team and see your name. You bin offering your lovely advice or words of wisdom kargool? Let me guess... you have offered ideas on how to improve PA? (no) You have come up with people who should be running the game? (no) and forgive me if im wrong but havent you supposidly quit? So, why should you care? Or is this another lovely 'i have quit..... but that just means im looking for attention to rant but ill be playing the round'

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 21:08   #137
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well its getting more and more ppl in the team atm, how about to actually try to get more players too?
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 21:11   #138
xontas

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well its getting more and more ppl in the team atm, how about to actually try to get more players too?
for that you need to get jolt out of PA
i am sure a large chunk of the old community would come back and it should be possible to hit the 10K again
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 21:15   #139
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
Robban, unless you have somthing productive to say, be quiet for the love of god plz?

Now as far as chefs promoted to the PA Team goes i think its great. Chef is a hard worker, and a dedicated worker. Atm im sitting in the speedround channel and whos there? Chef. Seems to me hes looking after it. Plus hes bin brilliant in support, helping players while others have bin inactive this round on the support staff (me the major one) Everyone he has helped have praised him and he has worked hard to get where he is.

Just becuase you cant see it, (ie your not working with him) does that mean he doesnt work hard? Just becuase you claim you dont see anything?

Stop trying to make this into some personal attack on a good friend of mine and a really hard worker. Chef i wish you luck etc and congrats. It hasnt bin made offical yet, but it seems it dont matter now as these idiots have made it public. Btw why should PA Team members explain to you lot why there promoting somone? Does that happen in the real world? I can imagine that. The manager walks into a room of his/her employees.. they say 'Oh do you all agree with promoting bob to being a team leader?' Let me know where that happends please.

Now, how about you guys stop going on and on like a broken record and allow these people to do there jobs? Coming on here posting one liners like robban and kargool isnt helping the community as i see it.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 21:17   #140
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
am i bitter about how i got fired, hell yes, but i dont want to go back
For someone who is having a good time and doesn't want to come back, you're awfully worked up about this.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 21:24   #141
xontas

oooooooh is my webcam on?

look, let me be clear, waitching this PAteam run a game like PA into the ground is heartbreak and like watching a old friend slowly die

and when i watch a old friend die a slow plainfull death i want to do 2 things
1) save him
2) if i cant put him out of his missery (shoot him)

so, again mr freud, yes it gets me worked up
but not to the point of having to be in PA or show all the wold my PAteam badge with proud

like i said before, you need to talk to marv about that

can we please get off the subject of me...... i am realy worried about your interest in me
wanne share something with us about it

(xontas pulls out a sofa for mr fraud)
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 21:27   #142
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
for that you need to get jolt out of PA
i am sure a large chunk of the old community would come back and it should be possible to hit the 10K again
The thing is, in order to get Jolt out of PA, i suppose they have to be in it first. The only thing that really shows Jolt are actually present is the banners on the forum and the portal (haha, look, we are a serious p2p game, but please click these banners as they link to far more interesting stuff than the crap you are currently viewing) and the NDA stuff that is required to join the Staff, which alot of ppl who would be great assets refuse to sign for obvious reasons.

Also i pretty much doubt that if Jolt would step back, or loosen their ties on PaTeam alot of old players would suddenly return. There still is the matter of the extremely boring game that is left of PA. If Jolt are willing to actually invest in this game (i.e. proper coding resources and a few brilliant strategy designers) the game can easily become a good one. The only reason i see for Jolt not doing so is that they simply don't care what happens as they (probably) make profit on the current memberbase anyway.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 21:35   #143
xontas

1.5k paying players X 3 euro's X 4 rounds =24.000 euros
i think you could spare SOME advertisement money

i just dont get why they dont want to
lets do this with 10K players

about 7.5k would pay so
7.5K X3 euros X 4 rounds = 90.000 euros

and its not that hard to do, i have seen it done on a other site i already mentioned above and we are up to 13K now
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 22:36   #144
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Perhaps you should take your own advice? Should of known i would come into a thread slating PA team and see your name. You bin offering your lovely advice or words of wisdom kargool? Let me guess... you have offered ideas on how to improve PA? (no) You have come up with people who should be running the game? (no) and forgive me if im wrong but havent you supposidly quit? So, why should you care? Or is this another lovely 'i have quit..... but that just means im looking for attention to rant but ill be playing the round'
I recommend that you actually read a few of my posts.. I have given out alot of suggestions to the PA team, a few has even been used and is in use today.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 22:58   #145
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

*Edit*

In the interests of tact and avoiding a needless argument, I'll reserve this for pm.

Suggestions/comments are great... but the "omgPAteamsux etc" is getting a little bit old =/

Last edited by Squidly; 20 Sep 2006 at 23:10.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 23:09   #146
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
I think he was commenting on the fact you're all over PA-team bashing threads like a kid is over a trip to disneyland, and a number of your posts are completely useless bashings seemingly made to make you look better, and PA-team worse.

I think the "if you don't have anything useful to say, dont' say it" rule is a very good one to follow in this type of thread. Wouldn't you agree kargool?
I always voice my opinion on matters that I care about. I know that at times this isnt the most popular approach to matters at hand, but I honestly dont do it for being popular, more to say my opinion. I know that some take offence by what I say, but if they do, thats their problem. Most of the time I more or less bring up issues that others have wanted to say but are to afraid to say it.
And also, Squidly, if you say that I do this just to make myself look better, then you start give me characteristics like a kid on a trip to disneyland. If you have that opinion on me, the "socalled bashing to make myself look good" theory of yours kind of falls on its own merit.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 23:15   #147
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
I always voice my opinion on matters that I care about. I know that at times this isnt the most popular approach to matters at hand, but I honestly dont do it for being popular, more to say my opinion. I know that some take offence by what I say, but if they do, thats their problem. Most of the time I more or less bring up issues that others have wanted to say but are to afraid to say it.
And also, Squidly, if you say that I do this just to make myself look better, then you start give me characteristics like a kid on a trip to disneyland. If you have that opinion on me, the "socalled bashing to make myself look good" theory of yours kind of falls on its own merit.
Erm... Calling you a kid was not the point of that comment. It was a comparison into how you seem to be very much attracted to any negative-attention flying PA-team's way, just as for example a kid would be very eager for every chance to go to disneyland, or an adult in every chance of getting a dream job. I do not question your age, nor do I believe that age has any relevance on an internet forum.

Taking offence from direct abuse = bad. If you make a business proposition to a client, are you going to tell them "You guys are crap. What I say can possibly make you better, but you all suck right now"? Or are you going to come out with a well-thought out and detailed item to present to them in a friendly, and interested manner?
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 23:36   #148
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Taking offence from direct abuse = bad. If you make a business proposition to a client, are you going to tell them "You guys are crap. What I say can possibly make you better, but you all suck right now"? Or are you going to come out with a well-thought out and detailed item to present to them in a friendly, and interested manner?
Actually yes. Telling someone that they suck when thats the truth is sometimes refreshing for the people. I have actually done it once and after getting flamed for saying it, I explained why and everyone more or less shut up and the seminar was alot better for everyone.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 23:41   #149
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

I see the development department has come under some question above and there has been a failure to mention my assistance to Appocomaster with coding and Beta Testing; infact everyone has been mentioned but.. sigh.

-myk-

[email protected]
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 23:44   #150
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
I see the development department has come under some question above and there has been a failure to mention my assistance to Appocomaster with coding and Beta Testing; infact everyone has been mentioned but.. sigh.
Maybe you can shed some light on why its impossible to recode the combat engine then?