User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Mar 2009, 00:13   #51
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: Making production last forever without cheating

will this be fixed for r31 ?

i think the "new" production system was introduced to not make it possible anymore to hide ships for ages...

its really annoying some ppl hide a lot of their value in prod all round as they
1) dont help their alliance/gals (yes the alliances/gals fault they keep em,but still)
2) removes a lot of possible xptargets from the game
3) so much easier for em to gain xp, and therfore make a better rank in the end

i dont get anyhow why u have diffrent sorts of factorys but can make a shared order for small and medium hulls, i mean why is that one order ?

if u got a chickenwings factory and a icecream factory

how could u add 10000 chickenwings to the 3 liters of icecream u produce

it doesnt make sense to me at all

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 05:20   #52
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post

if u got a chickenwings factory and a icecream factory

how could u add 10000 chickenwings to the 3 liters of icecream u produce

it doesnt make sense to me at all
Mmmmm chicken wings dipped in icecream droool!!!
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 07:17   #53
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

They make more than one sort or size of car in factories
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 12:45   #54
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

I honestly don't see the problem. It may not have been an intended feature when the new production system was introduced, but that doesn't mean it needs to be removed. The more the players learn exactly how the game works and manipulate it to their benefit, the more interesting the game gets. That's the whole point of strategy, after all.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 13:05   #55
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

I'd like to see resources in production give the same amount of score as they would if they weren't in production.
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 13:47   #56
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
I'd like to see resources in production give the same amount of score as they would if they weren't in production.
I discussed this with Appocomaster earlier in the round and he was talking about making it half or something like that.

Back in the day, the value drop had an informational effect to the uni, with prod showing on planet scans it doesn't really add that much value for others than the planet in question.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2009, 19:07   #57
Falran

Falran is an unknown quantity at this point

lol producing ships to rock an inc is awesome.
Falran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2009, 22:21   #58
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
The problem with this would be that hiding resources in production would no longer be of great benefit. There would be extra XP gains as if utilised to its full potential, is the way to go if you're playing with this 'hiding' strategy. However obviously you would still be able to bring production out to smash new/inexperienced or simply stupid players who dont P scan etc, but surely the origine problem is to try and make this game more suitable to these types of players in order to increase the playerbase. The solution of production given the same amount of score as if they were not out of production will just complicate things further in that sense.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote