User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 7 Apr 2005, 01:37   #1
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Exclamation A call for the old PA players

Well PAwiki is out there, and i think it will become a greatest tool so new PA players get a glimpse of what PA was before and understand how he bacame what it is today. Myself has introduced some players this round who are very exceited about PA ( those who might "heh" this can just keep the thought or explain wtf are you still here ) and they could get a better understanding about who are who and why he is there in his own ally and about the alliances on the universe rank.

We ( the community ) already had many players and alliance's descriptions included on the wiki, tho the information is far from complete many small alliances and players were not included cos many players left, including members of whole alliances.

ofc many may agree that some of these allainces arent important, but the most complete the DB is better for PA and i believe some nostalgic would appreciate to see info about old mates around.

SO what i am suggesting and asking is that all players of the community made the lesser effort of submitting your own history to PA wiki and more, askin old friends and mates who no longer play PA to do the same, go there and tell about old small alliances, BGs, blocks, and their own history. Since most dont come to PA community anumore, some of you could be of much help.

I had some friends who were old PA players ( WhiteSnake, Declan, Ramses, as some of you might remember) and i asked them to include their history what they did, you could call or mail that old PA player who u still knows the whereabouts and ask him to do the same, wont take to much time.

I can say as a new player to the community, the i find PA's past interesting and a must know, maybe some of you find this what im askin stupid, but for most ( i know cause i have contact with many new players ) this could be nice stuff to read.

If they are to lazy to join PAwiki and do the editing, give them this email [email protected] and ask them to send their history that i will do for them.

I must say that all i said above is from my own innitiative and thought, i did without ask autorization of the PAwiki Team. If they feel that i am abusing it doin such thing, lemme know and ill edit the thread.

=edit= forgot to include PAwiki's url, wich is http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 02:41   #2
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: A call for the old PA players

True, the more stuff on the wiki the better, as long as it's good and accurate been working on it a bit myself, lately.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 21:08   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know how to do anything on it is there an mirc channel i can join to help?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 21:41   #4
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

you can try #pawiki
or you can look at the help files

it's really not as complicated as it looks... a lot of it i worked out just by seeing how other people did it.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 23:11   #5
Intruder

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Well, i just noticed we have a increase in the players database who submitted info about their PA history, nice
I noticed talking with some players in the community that they dont know exactly what is PAwiki for or why should they submit info, or they even dont care.

PAwiki intends to a the improved PA wikipedia, the database where past and future players can go and find the history about PA past, their old mates, etc. I think is a great idea, cos many newcomers to the community can learn more about PA past and know why everything is how it is these days. There you can remember trhough information about old good mates u have forgotten, small alliances who you started and didnt even remember anymore, and much more. Maybe nostalgia doesnt matter for you, but i believe that must exista solid database for when PA is gone, cos completely vanish all about this game who made us wake up so many nights would be a sad thing. It must be registered. And all who participated of this community should be remeberd. But its up to the community. It doesnt take too much time to write some info like galaxies you player, good old mates, allainces you played, gossips and info only you know about the past... People could care a little more

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Unread 8 Apr 2005, 05:25   #6
Ra
nineone

Ra is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the rough

I've contributed the r3 and 4 tech tree's so far, and some information about Joker from r1. I'll contribute some more after I've slept a bit. I also have an interesting addition that may or may not appear there in the future, i cant say for certain yet.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 09:19   #7
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
The database where past and future players can go and find the history about PA past, their old mates, etc. I think is a great idea, cos many newcomers to the community can learn more about PA past and know why everything is how it is these days. There you can remember trhough information about old good mates u have forgotten, small alliances who you started and didnt even remember anymore, and much more. Maybe nostalgia doesnt matter for you, but i believe that must exista solid database for when PA is gone, cos completely vanish all about this game who made us wake up so many nights would be a sad thing. It must be registered. And all who participated of this community should be remeberd. But its up to the community. It doesnt take too much time to write some info like galaxies you player, good old mates, allainces you played, gossips and info only you know about the past... People could care a little more
You will have to excuse me for being a bit slow, but from reading this it sounds like you want everyone to put things about their pa history/pa friends. But the 'people' page on the wiki says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
Players of Planetarion. This category is meant to inform about players who have in some form or other contributed to the game and its community. It is not meant as a place to make character assassinations nor is it meant as a place to shower love on your favorite player. Articles should be topical and in reference to the player's contributions, be they personal or as part of an alliance.

Other than the more PA-Related indiviuals below, You can find some of the "main users" of this PAWiki in Category:Users and the regulars of General Discussion in Category:General Discussion.
Which kind of implies it's only the important players/ones that have contributed that should put things there.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 10:35   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

we are all important god113 (best GC w00t)

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 11:44   #9
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

I can't even remember all my old co-ords. So I better not try to think of the past and get some of that into Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 16:23   #10
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113
You will have to excuse me for being a bit slow, but from reading this it sounds like you want everyone to put things about their pa history/pa friends. But the 'people' page on the wiki says:

Which kind of implies it's only the important players/ones that have contributed that should put things there.
Poeple can have different opinions on what a contribution is. In my opinion (and I wrote the stuff you quoted), anyone someone finds it important enough to write about can fit on there.

However, the People category is meant to be topical and by that follow the wiki's style (third person, neutral point of view). Which is what the text is trying to say. When writing about a person it should be about their contributions (they led Alliance X, were on PAteam, etc).
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 20:52   #11
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Jester, I know this was mentioned before, but the User:<person> is a bit odd-looking. How is that fixed to be able to join in the alphabetical order.

Oh, and also: I busted out laughing when I read this. I don't know why.
Quote:
Synthetic Sid
From Planetarion Wiki
Description
Founder of Fury and 1up, infamous in the Planetarion community.

Credited for the Round 11 ship stats.

Infamously bald.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 20:59   #12
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
Jester, I know this was mentioned before, but the User:<person> is a bit odd-looking. How is that fixed to be able to join in the alphabetical order.
That's because your'e filling in the User section for someone registered on the wiki. All registered users get one of these pages. If you add the appropriate category tag it will apear in People. To circumvent this, simply create a new page, for example Synthetic_Sid rather than User: Synthetic_Sid.

This make sense?
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 23:41   #13
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Just a thought, maybe you could add a page for interesting breps for each round. (got some good r12 ones)
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 03:59   #14
Intruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Poeple can have different opinions on what a contribution is. In my opinion (and I wrote the stuff you quoted), anyone someone finds it important enough to write about can fit on there.

However, the People category is meant to be topical and by that follow the wiki's style (third person, neutral point of view). Which is what the text is trying to say. When writing about a person it should be about their contributions (they led Alliance X, were on PAteam, etc).
Answered perfectly

Channels:

Unread 9 Apr 2005, 04:32   #15
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Treet
Just a thought, maybe you could add a page for interesting breps for each round. (got some good r12 ones)
Maybe you could add it
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 11:20   #16
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned

Okay. Thank you.
Unread 16 Apr 2005, 13:13   #17
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point

My experience of WIKIs is they are wank. They are ok if you want to search for specific items but whoi does. I just want to browse, see where I end up and that seems pretty impossible.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 15:27   #18
Intruder

i dont belive that is the PA's wiki case

Channels:

Unread 28 Apr 2005, 23:17   #19
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikay
My experience of WIKIs is they are wank. They are ok if you want to search for specific items but whoi does. I just want to browse, see where I end up and that seems pretty impossible.
Then you are clearly doing something wrong, I have browsed on wikipedia and found interesting things I hadnt really started out looking for.
Unread 6 May 2005, 17:29   #20
Shooter_1_
Retired ETY HC

Shooter_1_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Added some basic information on Entity, Anarky, Century, and Guild.

Represent.
R3: 111:11, 114:17, 152:7 - c111-114a, IP
R4: 69:3:17 - IP, Liquid, ETY
R5: 6:25:17 - IP, ETY
R6: 32:7:3 - Guild
R7: 30:16:4 - ETY
R8: 31:1:5 - ETY
R9: 48:3:7 - ETY
R9.5: 2:2:2 - ETY
R10: 7:7:4 - HR
R11+: Life. It's got alcohol.
Shooter_1_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 22:20   #21
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

The only way to make the Wiki better is to add information to it and edit things that are on there to make it more accurate and relevant. If you can't find a page on something you know something about, then add it. If you think information on a page is wrong or could be improved, then all you need to do is click the "edit" link at the top of the page.
Unread 18 May 2005, 01:59   #22
Cutthroat
Skydivin' Rodent Pony

Cutthroat is an unknown quantity at this point

I wrote something on my old alliance YHQ, but how do I link it up into the "All Alliances and Blocks" overview thingie?

hirr HC #7
Cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 09:15   #23
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Did it for you. Click on "edit" to see the changes I made to get it to work. Learn through reading other articles, it's the best way

Last edited by DukePaul; 18 May 2005 at 10:54.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 12:27   #24
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
Did it for you. Click on "edit" to see the changes I made to get it to work. Learn through reading other articles, it's the best way
It's true
Unread 18 May 2005, 18:02   #25
Intruder

about doubts on editing/posting info, people can go on #pawiki and ask for support i believe thats the reason the channel was created ( at least i hope ). If wasnt, anyway im there usually and ill be glad to help. If u are lazy to do adding/editing but have good stuff u can pm me there and paste for me that ill add for you

Channels:

Unread 18 May 2005, 18:42   #26
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

What about life after PA?
Unread 18 May 2005, 18:46   #27
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
What about life after PA?
Encylcopedias and the like go by knowledge. Only things that have been discovered can go in there.