User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 01:05   #1
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Exilees

You know how you exile someone 1st day or 2 and you get someone equqally useless to replace them and it goes on and on. Then your mate starts 2 days later and PA creates a whole new cluster just for him so he can get bashed senseless.

How about this for an idea. When someone is exiled they go in limbo, they have no coords. They freeze and they get reintroduced into the universe when they log in next. That way you won't get someone who just isn't ever gonna log in taking up 10% of your galaxy and you won't get active ppl unable to get decent spaces.

I'm sure there are technical issus - bugger the technical issues I say.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 02:17   #2
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
Great idea.

Quote:
I'm sure there are technical issus
Everything is codeable - you just have to want it.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 03:32   #3
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, this has been suggested in the past rounds too, so i guess spinner dont see this as a problem..

i guess the unfair eta isnt a problem either..
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 07:14   #4
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the idea. There's ~100 planets in the payed universe that never logged in. (Perhaps because they did not like this ... erm 'game'.) Hundred on a total of 2k is quite a lot. More people might leave the game during this round or get totally inactive.
Problem is we don't have vacation mode (or delete button) any more so it will be hard to decide who's just 'on vacation' and who left forever. Giving away your planet if you don't like the game to other people is not allowed either.
Keeping people in an unvisible database till they login allows them to be able to return and still removes them from our galaxies.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 09:21   #5
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
I support the idea as well. The planets should off course be producing every tick though so hen they get back they won't have less resources.

hAl
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 11:50   #6
Kåre Willoch

Kåre Willoch is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd like to see people who self-exile ending up with others of their own kind. Exilers are a lot like alliance-hoppers to me, players with no heart, unable to try to improve their own situation.

The old galaxies should get the fresh upgraded accounts from the freebie universe, instead of the useless, sometimes spying self-exiles.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 12:08   #7
mikay

Quote:
Originally posted by Kåre Willoch
I'd like to see people who self-exile ending up with others of their own kind. Exilers are a lot like alliance-hoppers to me, players with no heart, unable to try to improve their own situation.

The old galaxies should get the fresh upgraded accounts from the freebie universe, instead of the useless, sometimes spying self-exiles.
Yeah like my friend who's self exiled 3 times from C20+ galaxies usually with about 4 other ppl in. What a toe rag, he should be flogged for lack of loyalty and wanting to do better.

I'm not keen on them generating income every tick Hal. It has to be thought out and not be a way to escape being attacked, like maybe you can't exile when under attack or something. Self exile will always be ok tho cos you have to be online to do it.

Last edited by mikay; 20 Sep 2003 at 12:19.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 15:39   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Exilees

Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
You know how you exile someone 1st day or 2 and you get someone equqally useless to replace them and it goes on and on. Then your mate starts 2 days later and PA creates a whole new cluster just for him so he can get bashed senseless.

How about this for an idea. When someone is exiled they go in limbo, they have no coords. They freeze and they get reintroduced into the universe when they log in next. That way you won't get someone who just isn't ever gonna log in taking up 10% of your galaxy and you won't get active ppl unable to get decent spaces.

I'm sure there are technical issus - bugger the technical issues I say.

Best idea I've heard in ages!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 03:00   #9
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

You're talking about punishing the innocent 99% to get the guilty 1%, and say they have no heart?

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 13:54   #10
Breeze

Breeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Exilers are a lot like alliance-hoppers to me, players with no heart, unable to try to improve their own situation.

In the old days there was some truth to the spies accusation - it was one of the key reasons the costs to self exile were introduced afaik. Nowadays self exile is a costly alternative to a bad situation. You pay to play .. then find yourself at the dog end of the uni with one other gal mate that never logs in. Tbh there's one way to improve that situation - save up precious resources and go for exile.

Re: the original suggestion - I hope the PA team are paying attention.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 14:25   #11
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
I was about to quote Kåre Willoch aswell...then i realised he probably gets the point from everybody else who beat me to it :P

clue-penny-get
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 22:46   #12
Kåre Willoch

Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
Yeah like my friend who's self exiled 3 times from C20+ galaxies usually with about 4 other ppl in. What a toe rag, he should be flogged for lack of loyalty and wanting to do better.

Did you read my post ?
I said new players upgrading their accounts should be put into the empty spaces of "old" galaxies.
If the universe is random you have to face up to where you've landed, if the place sucks you should try tp improve it fs.

Pa-crew's solution to put fresh players into the game as easy meat, 3-4 players in each gal, is totally wank, don't get me wrong. But as*holes exiling around the uni, hoping to land in a top gal, and quitting if they don't, that's the lamers I hate.

P.S. I utterly bashed the last exile from my gal.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 22:50   #13
Kåre Willoch

lol

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
You're talking about punishing the innocent 99% to get the guilty 1%, and say they have no heart?
The point of a random gal is to try to make it work with those around. I have seen so many cowards/spies in pa that your 1% REALLY amuses me.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 23:26   #14
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the idea; but like with all good ideas, they never get implemented
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 02:19   #15
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: lol

Quote:
The point of a random gal is to try to make it work with those around. I have seen so many cowards/spies in pa that your 1% REALLY amuses me.
I take it you've never been in an inactive gal yourself then.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 05:07   #16
mikay

Quote:
Did you read my post ?
I said new players upgrading their accounts should be put into the empty spaces of "old" galaxies.
If the universe is random you have to face up to where you've landed, if the place sucks you should try tp improve it fs.

Pa-crew's solution to put fresh players into the game as easy meat, 3-4 players in each gal, is totally wank, don't get me wrong. But as*holes exiling around the uni, hoping to land in a top gal, and quitting if they don't, that's the lamers I hate.

P.S. I utterly bashed the last exile from my gal.
After reading your post I take it that you are a bit stupid.

2 days ago there were an average of 3 players per gal in C20/21. Anyone in these clusters got incs about 2 out of every 3 ticks cos they were late starters, relatively weak and had no chance of galaxy support or requirement for ful galaxy coverage.

Perhaps in your world they should suffer and it would make them better people - but this is a game and the purpose is for people to enjoy themselves or they stop coming back. Noticed how less people play now than used to - any ideas why that might be?