User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 6 Dec 2002, 19:13   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
sygate firewall: cannot get my LAN on the internet

I got myself sygate yesterday, and installed it, but it seems to block ALL traffic from the LAN, from TCP and UDP up to ICMP.

Any wizzy knows what's wrong?

(and I disabled ALL security rules BTW, still no result)
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 20:14   #2
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed a firewall once - wierd things.

It inserted a module in the TCP/IP stack which did the filtering. Somehow the startup scripts were screwed so without the processes running nothing could reach the interface even without any rules enabled. Try pinging localhost and if you can't then either try checking your stack or starting the firewall processes.

An alternative (if it's running) is that most proper firewalls will have an implicit deny-all at the end of the ruleset. If you have no rules you will stop anything passing through. Initially try creating a ruleset that has allow all (both in & out) and activate it.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 21:42   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
/me throws sygate out of the window....

I browsed the sygate forums for a while and found out that sygate fecks up in combination with win2k RRAS because it has no application it can bind the rules to...

FACK! Why the hell can't they just make a decent firewall that does what I want .
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 23:03   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Works with XP. Nyaa nyaa nya nyaaa nyaaaaaaa!

*ahem*

I can't think of any others atm - well I can, but Zone Alarm isn't really an option here now is it.

Unread 7 Dec 2002, 13:52   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

How about "black ice defender" (I think it was called like that) ?
I heard a few things about it.
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 14:37   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So have I (namely that its ****e).

I've not tried it myself, but apparently it tries to detect attacks on your computer by looking for patterns in network traffic comming in. This is all nice and nifty, and seems to work reasonably well from reading various reviews, but what it doesn't do is give you any real control over traffic going out.

Which kind of crosses it off your list.