User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Apr 2004, 10:46   #1
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
A possible strategy to defeat FPM(W)

Dear fellow enemies of FPM(W),

FPM fears us. They will not break up their block as that would risk their now certain victory. In the words of Rumad:

Quote:
and idally i think a internal war would be great, but the make upof gals would simply mean its the three alliances weakening themselves for everyone else to possibel come back and win the round.
Now is it a certain victory? Isn't there any way we can defeat FPM together?

Now you'll say: we've attacked their top galls countless times with very little effect. Isn't there another way to take them out?

In the old days we had clusters and parallels that served as strongholds. We can't do that any more. If we want to win we need to find another way to find some security against FPM(W). One way to do that is to keep your head down. This has been done in many rounds before and has several positive effects:
- the enemy seizes to gain fresh roids;
- they lose interest, leading to dropping activity.
History has shown that many times after stagnation starts this early the blocks will fall apart. Despite their vows to never backstab each other.

In the mean time we need to set our selves realistic goals, that can help us regain our positions after the block has split.

My best idea would be to form a large block (ok that's not the original part). Then you try to form a friendly Zone. With less then 400 members FPM(W) can control roughly the top 40 gals. You can cut most of their offensive power off by making sure you stay below their attack limit (40%). As gal#40 has ~13 mln score, you have to stay below 5,2 mln (~gal #97).

Here you can create a range of galaxies (±10) you can control. A safety zone (for instance gal #97 to 107). This will be the zone to attack all non-allied and non-Napped galaxies.
Ofcourse if your group of alliances has a lot of gals in for instance the zone 110-120 then that will be the place to start.
Once a secure zone of at least ten galaxies is formed it's time to start tagging all gals in the zone and below it. The security zone will form a safety barrier against attacks on friendly galaxies below the Zone, so they can grow. Next you will try to move your Zone upwards by attacking galaxies there.
Focus on the ~ten hostile galaxies above the bottom of your Zone. This number depends on how many attacks you can organize. Try to send multiple waves at ~1/3rd (enough to keep them unsure whether there's sufficient need to stay up all night) of the hostile galaxies daily.
Offer the galaxies in the battlezone the opportunity to join your side and tag along, as long as they don't attack any tagged galaxies. You cannot expand your security Zone indefinately, so after a while you might need to raise the bottom of the Zone. Slowly you can now pick of enemy gals 1 at a time. And keep them down.

Neutrals
Many alliances have neutral players in FPM gals. They will refuse to join in as long as they are not safe. This is not really a problem as long as they dont attack tagged galaxies, it becomes more problematic when their gal ends up in the battleZone. Give them the following choice:
- join us as a galaxy;
- help us take down hostile galaxy members;
- exile hostile galaxy members;
- die together.

Now more about neutralizing FPM offensive capabilities. Any member that has >11% of top security Zone gal score, should refrain from getting fresh roids outside the battle zone and should not build new ships, to keep their score down. When someone like that is attacked: don't defend their roids. The enemy will just keep comming. It's better to have them take out their targets, so they run out of them faster. In the mean time you can use your fleets offensively.

Stagnation is a mighty weapon. It can split blocks apart. And even if it doesn't it can reduce activity for them. Making things easier for you.

You're free to comment on my ideas. Flaming is not appreciated.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 11:18   #2
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A possible strategy to defeat FPM(W)

go for it. We need a war.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 11:27   #3
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

hello?

but serious. the fighting spirit in pa has died a couple of rounds ago. why bother?
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 11:38   #4
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

lmao.
________
Weed bubblers

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 06:56.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 11:39   #5
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

didnt even bother reading most of it but it sounds pretty stupid. Just all form one huge block and attack us. how hard is that.
________
Wet_kitty

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 06:56.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 12:54   #6
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Gerbie,

nice tactic. You only forgot that 1 planet of FPM can cover any attack from the other block. Meaning, defends would be so easy, and soon the safe zone will think.. WTF, they always got defence, let's delete my planet.
Credits for the thinking, but it's not that easy.

I've used that tactic in the speedround finals of the WC1. My and other gals where bashed. I formed a channel, where i've put everyone able to send a fleet in. Of certain gals below spot 10.
After that we went for spot 9,8,7,6,5,4 moving all the way to #4 till #8 again. But the top will outgrow you to quick, and roid you to hell whenever they feel like it. It only works if the gals below you tag along and help you, otherwise, forget it.
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 14:14   #7
Mad Matte
Elysium Shepherd

Mad Matte is an unknown quantity at this point

/me blames Furgion for this one too...
Mad Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 14:51   #8
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

/me blames spinners parents
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 20:58   #9
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
Gerbie,

nice tactic. You only forgot that 1 planet of FPM can cover any attack from the other block. Meaning, defends would be so easy, and soon the safe zone will think.. WTF, they always got defence, let's delete my planet.
Credits for the thinking, but it's not that easy.
I did not forget that they can defend a lot of it. But I expect activity in their larger gals to drop rappidly as it becomes clear to them we have no interest in entertaining them. And they need to cover a lot of attacks if all goes well. It's not the intention to focus all fleets on large planets. A galaxy of ± rank 100 is not that big. The larger the battle the easier it will be for them to defend it. It's supposed to be lots of waves on a couple of galaxies.

And about the deletions: if you don't give them a goal to fight for they will give up any way.
It's not supposed to be easy. If it were easy it wouldn't be fun.
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 22:57   #10
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouRiQueT
didnt even bother reading most of it but it sounds pretty stupid. Just all form one huge block and attack us. how hard is that.
yeah lol rofl wtf omg!!!111oneone..etc

just that post makes you even more stupid, how can you judge something when you dont know all about it?

btw
its always so easy to be on the winning side isnt it TourkeT? did i spell your name right?

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 23:42   #11
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

just keep hitting them, like we have been doing. The ND attack was very successful last night (HI LESHY) and I'm xure EVL can do more than us
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 09:47   #12
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Gerbie, you forget that there is only one month left in the round, your plan is incredibly complex, and if it were ever going to work you would need 2 years for it to finally have any effect, lol.

Not to mention that it will never work, because the FPM people will grow so much faster than you, since they have over 2x as many roids they grow 2x as fast. This means that you will never get closer to them by attacking little people, the only way to get closer is to not lose ships/roids while they lose ships/roids. That would take a lot of coordination between the people fighting, but it is possible. Wars of attrition just dont work in PA.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 15:13   #13
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

the best way to hit FPM is to just not give up, unlike what alot of the EVL block seem to have done. ND are still alive and we been hitting them lately, but they havent give up Giving up only helps to quicken the onset of stagnation....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 15:21   #14
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Giving up only helps to quicken the onset of stagnation....
And that is bad because?

Stagnation is a mighty weapon if the other block is too powerfull. You can continue to keep them busy and entertain them, or try to get them to split. They will split, I assure you.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 17:02   #15
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

maybe so Gerbie, we still have our pride
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 17:35   #16
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehe Colt tell Bazza to stop going after your attackers
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 17:52   #17
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea Colt, damn your galmates, damn them all!

As a note, 50th incoming fleet, as of now
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 20:57   #18
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

lol, nothing i can do about them, i never asked them to attack you They've always attacked ppl who attack us as long as ive known them
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 21:59   #19
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

/me remembers the big anti-Furgion movement of ... uhm ... was it r3? or was it r4? Damn, I'm getting old, I'm talking about the one where shitloads of alliances joined up and ... well, didn't make a difference really.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 13:46   #20
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu||seye
/me remembers the big anti-Furgion movement of ... uhm ... was it r3? or was it r4? Damn, I'm getting old, I'm talking about the one where shitloads of alliances joined up and ... well, didn't make a difference really.
you mean REVOLT? that was r5.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 13:51   #21
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

i tried a coalition round 7.

It failed.

Reason is that the activity and the size of the winning block means that they will beable to cover.

Its a shame these plans often come together when its all too late :/
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 16:33   #22
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Focus efforts on propaganda and try and start fights. I dont know how close the block is, but im sure there are some areas of friction you could try to exploit.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 17:16   #23
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
lol, nothing i can do about them, i never asked them to attack you They've always attacked ppl who attack us as long as ive known them
Do they have to get their friends involved? Surely your gal alone is enough to take me down, no need to get 8 mil value of other players in it as well is there?!?

Not that I'm complaining, makes the round slightly interesting
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 02:39   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If there's any kind of clusters as I used to know them in pa, pull out their defence and hit their weak points and take them cluster by cluster.

Or just hit all at once, and see if they can cover that many planets in the time.

Of course, you can also breed on the potential discontent of WP members who sit outside of the FPM sphere that are being by FAnG etc.

In the words of Corporal Jones - they don't like it up em.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 05:50   #25
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Focus efforts on propaganda and try and start fights. I dont know how close the block is, but im sure there are some areas of friction you could try to exploit.

Listen to this man... His stunt background are quite impressive, it always works.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 11:13   #26
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

hello Furs

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 15:37   #27
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Listen to this man... His stunt background are quite impressive, it always works.
Im not sure what my stunt backround is but this was a lesson I learned on the recieving end.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 19:55   #28
CharlieB
Pegasus Rising

CharlieB is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu||seye
that'll be because furgion had spies in all the attack channels so had defence sent as the attacks were launched.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:28   #29
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieB
that'll be because furgion had spies in all the attack channels so had defence sent as the attacks were launched.
Indeed. Back in r3, they called themselfs "Army of Blood" or something. The funny thing was, that they had a "attack channel", with no ops. I did my best to mass spam without getting flooded
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 08:39   #30
bintara

bintara will become famous soon enoughbintara will become famous soon enough

FAng = coward
Mistu = chicken
Phraktos = craven

is that enough details to tell?
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
bintara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 17:27   #31
DeadMan
Slave of Catwoman

DeadMan is an unknown quantity at this point

why do ppl put Wolfpack next to FPM?
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 17:42   #32
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Because a majority of WP hide in FPM gals
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 14:10   #33
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point

Stagnation is funny. The big guys don't like it cos basically nobody to hit, no scope to increase their rank and basically no point to log in. Small guys don't like it cos they get beaten to a pulp as soon as they pop their head out. Peasants revolts don't work cos basically by the time ppl realise it's all too late and if they were gonna do anything they would have already and the good players among the "peasants" have already quit cos it's T10/100 or nothing for them so you aren't left with the best prospects.

If you really want FPM to get it on your best bet is probably to push the members to hassle the HC for a war. it might work. Failing that why not hassle the creators - make the top alliance list be a list of 1 - your alliance is #1 or it's nothing, or make a game with victory conditions maybe.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 15:40   #34
K-W
Bored

The closest thing i have ever seen to a successful external breakup of a block was rd7. LDK among others did a very good job of pushing and igniting hostilities within the block and convincing powerful people to move towards war.